Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for January 2002. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2002 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
January 2002 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for January of 2002
Below are the 35 SmartPhone articles for January of 2002
1. Korean hotels offer wireless PDA tour guides 1/2/2002
Visitors to Seoul, South Korea may soon find themselves touring the capital's sights and attractions with the assistance of a handy wireless
2. Goodguys.com Instant Discounts 1/2/2002
Some outstanding instant discounts from GoodGuys.com are now available!
The General Accounting Office (GAO) today outlined a plan to beef up internal controls over the Navy’s e-procurement card program, a system
January is here once again, and another San Francisco MacWorld Expo can't be far behind. As usual, the question on the collective minds of t
As reported in a number of other places, all indicators are pointing towrad Sony releasing yet another PDA. The new 360 that is rumored to r
6. Apple's iWalk PDA tiptoes out 1/3/2002
Apple is rumoured to be launching a handheld computer at the MacWorld Expo next week
7. PDA sales going downhill in Japan 1/5/2002
Since August, PDA (personal digital assistant) sales in Japan have cooled significantly, especially during the holiday seasons, according to
Macromedia, Inc. (Nasdaq: MACR - news) and Casio Computer Co., Ltd. today announced that Macromedia Flash(TM) Player for Casio's Pocket PC a
9. Handspring Gets the Phone/PDA Combo Right 1/8/2002
In the rapidly evolving world of PDA phones, the much-awaited Handspring Treo 180 lives up to the hype that surrounded its announcement last
Electric Fuel Corporation (Nasdaq: EFCX - news) today announced the introduction of 3 new INSTANT POWER(TM) PDA chargers, for the Audiovox M
11. Royal announces low-cost Linux PDA 1/10/2002
Royal Lin@x aims to bring colour handheld computers to a lower price point using open source software
12. Power in the palm of your hand 1/11/2002
Microsoft introduces three new Pocket PC units with cellular functionality, while Sharp woos the open-source crowd by unveiling a Linux-powe
13. Sharp to unveil 3G PDA-type cell phone 1/12/2002
Sharp Corp. will roll out a PDA (personal digital assistant)-style 3G (third-generation) cellular phone with Bluetooth capability as one of
14. CompactFlash Memory Sale at PCMall 1/12/2002
PC Mall has a CompactFlash memory sale, view this article to see the details.
15. Palm calls for a sharper Bluetooth 1/14/2002
Handheld maker Palm is once again trying to spur developers to create programs that take advantage of Bluetooth wireless technology.
16. Europe's Nokia to Take on Palm in U.S. Market War 1/15/2002
HELSINKI (Reuters) - Look out, Palm, here comes the ''brick.''
17. Sony's new Clies ready to do business 1/16/2002
Sony puts the pressure on Palm and Handspring as it targets business with the PEG-T615C which also adds a TFT color screen and doubles as a
18. Instant $50 Rebates on Visors at Handspring.com 1/16/2002
Handspring is running some special rebates on the Visor Pro, $50 off, and the Visor Edge, also $50 off. View article for more information.
19. Handspring's Tumbling Act 1/17/2002
Dubinsky says Handspring future in communicators, not organizers
20. Palm to unveil OS 5 in February 1/18/2002
Palm plans to unveil the newest version of its operating system, OS 5, at PalmSource in early February.
21. Handspring flips on its future 1/19/2002
Hawkins clears air with developers about Handspring future
22. Handheld Head-To-Head 1/19/2002
NEW YORK - Whether Handspring likes it or not, its Treo Communicator device is going to be compared to the Blackberry e-mail pager.
23. Palm Splits Software, Hardware 1/21/2002
Sometimes, breaking up isn't hard to do. Just ask handheld computer company Palm Inc.
24. The Handspring Treo: Promising, but not yet perfect 1/22/2002
The race to release the first PDA with fully integrated wireless voice and data capabilities began in earnest late last year. Initially, wor
25. Handspring says: "Remain calm " 1/23/2002
Despite announcing plans to eventually exit the traditional handheld organizer market, Handspring is trying to reassure it is not doing so a
After rapid growth for five years, the PDA market growth rate slowed significantly in 2001--especially in the USA. However, in a new report
27. RIM to develop BlackBerry with Motorola, Nextel 1/24/2002
RESTON, Va., Jan 24 (Reuters) - Research In Motion Ltd. (RIM) (RIMM) and network carrier Nextel Communications Inc. (NXTL) said on Thursday
28. Palm stays atop handheld market 1/25/2002
Handheld manufacturers had a far better holiday season than expected, although sales were still slightly down from 2000.
29. The Secret is out - Palm i705 hits store shelves 1/25/2002
View pictures of the new Palm i705 in this article, many retail stores have put it on the shelves already, despite Palm setting up a secret
30. Brighthand Reviews the Palm i705 1/28/2002
31. Palm's wireless handheld arrives 1/28/2002
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — A long-awaited wireless handheld from Palm Inc. is set to hit store shelves today, giving the world's leading PDA make
32. Back Microsoft and win an iPaq 1/29/2002
Back Redmond and win an iPaq? Strange but true, this was indeed the offer made to a select mailing list of likely Microsoft supporters by lo
Mountain View, California, Jan. 30 (Bloomberg) -- Mark Johnson took a second mortgage on his home to fund his six-person company's developme
34. Treo components shortage easing 1/30/2002
SAN FRANCISCO--Handspring started selling its Treo handheld-cell phone combination device in Hong Kong on Tuesday. Meanwhile, the company's
35. RUMOR: New units from Palm on the way: m130, m515 1/31/2002
UPDATE 1/31/02 -- Looks like the m130 will be color afterall, the main upgrade over the m125. Here's a picture that has leaked out. Palm
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement