Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for January 2006. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2006 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
January 2006 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for January of 2006
Below are the 97 SmartPhone articles for January of 2006
1. MobiTV Hits the Palm TX 1/1/2006
Popular streaming video service MobiTV now supports the Palm TX. MobiTV already works with Treo handhelds, but this latest effort is the fir
Several web sites based in China say that Lenovo is close to introducing a Windows Mobile Phone Edition device.
While this is the end of one year and the beginning of another, there are a few journalistic rituals that have to happen, no matter where yo
In this editorial, Ed Hardy looks at how accurate the predictions Brighthand made at the beginning of last year were.
Task switching and time checking have been integrated into VITO ButtonMapper.
Garmin has taken the wraps off the iQue 3000, the most recent addition to its line of Palm-powered handhelds with integrated GPS receivers.
7. Garmin Offering New GPS Add-on for Palms 1/3/2006
Garmin has introduced a new GPS navigation system for Bluetooth-enabled Palm OS devices.
8. Brighthand's Predictions for 2006 1/3/2006
A couple of Brighthand writers put their heads together to try to see what the coming year has in store.
9. View Many Types of Files with Picsel Proviewer 1/3/2006
Picsel has released an application that allows users to view files in a wide variety of formats.
Reports: Verizon XV6700, Treo 700w to be released January 5th Opera for PocketPCs leaked; proper release expected soon Verizon to release
In the niche world of GPS PDAs, Mobile Crossing is far from the first name to come to mind, being eclipsed by big-name Garmin, or dedicated
12. Garmin Announces iQue 3000, Entry-Level GPS Handheld 1/3/2006
The Consumer Electronics Show doesn't start officially until the 5th, but we're already seeing the first new releases sprinting ahead of the
13. Verizon Now Offering EV-DO Compatible XV6700 1/4/2006
In a theme for today, Verizon Wireless is introducing another EV-DO compatible Pocket PC with a built-in keyboard.
iRIVER G10 takes aim at PSP WiFi fight at Boston's Logan Airport Report: Lenovo building Windows Mobile phone BSQUARE offers dual-SD sl
It's a big day for Verizon Wireless. The company has officially announced the release of not one, not two, but three new smartphone devices
16. Palm Treo 700w Available Now 1/5/2006
Verizon Wireless has just started offering Palm's first Windows Mobile smartphone.
17. Palm Offers Plenty of Treo 700w Accessories 1/5/2006
A Bluetooth headset and a Wi-Fi card are among the peripherals Palm is offering for its latest smartphone.
18. Windows XP Tablet Edition Comes to OQO 1/5/2006
OQO has finally woken up and, for the first time, is offering a version of its ultra-portable PC running Microsoft Windows XP Tablet PC Edit
19. Dell Updates Axim X51 System Software 1/5/2006
Dell has posted on its support web site a pair of ROM updates for the Axim X51 and X51v.
20. Nokia 770 Doing Surprisingly Well 1/5/2006
Demand for Nokia's Linux-based Internet Tablet has turned out to be greater than even its creator expected.
21. CES 2006 - PDAs and Smartphones Hard to Find 1/5/2006
Aside from the three announcements from Verizon that everyone knew were coming, there's been very little excitement in the PDA and Smartphon
22. Cornice Debuts Thinner, Higher Capacity Microdrives 1/6/2006
Cornice has introduced a new series of miniature hard drives that offer higher capacities, take up less space, and use less power.
23. HiCalc - Your Trusted Calculator 1/6/2006
PPCLINK has introduced HiCalc, a new calculator for Pocket PC users. This can handle everything from statistics and Trigonometry to Biorhyth
24. Has the iPAQ hw6700 Been Canceled? 1/6/2006
There have recently been some signs that HP's next Pocket PC phone may never be released at all.
25. Replacement for SD Cards in Development (Updated) 1/6/2006
The SD Card Association is putting together the specs on a memory card format that offers higher-capacity than today's SD cards.
26. DualCor Demonstrating cPC 1/6/2006
DualCor Technologies has officially announced the cPC, an upcoming device that will run both Windows Mobile and Windows XP.
27. Socket Announces 802.11g CompactFlash Card 1/7/2006
Socket Communications has announced the Go Wi-Fi! P500, an 802.11g CompactFlash card for Windows Mobile devices.
A new PDA to be released in March by DualCor will feature two operating systems AND two CPU's. The device will run...
Slingbox, now with PocketPC support Sony pushes ebook reader; Dan Brown sounds off Demos of rollable display, ultra-high-res LCD
We checked out the new "Sony Portable Reader System" at the Sony booth on the CES floor. Due for release later this spring, the new PRS-500
31. SanDisk Ups Capacity of Tiny Memory Cards 1/9/2006
SanDisk has introduced higher capacity microSD and miniSD memory cards.
32. Additional Information on the iPAQ hw6900 1/9/2006
Some additional information has turned up concerning HP's upcoming Pocket PC phone.
33. LG Develops Tiny VGA Screen 1/9/2006
LG has created an LCD screen that's just 2.4 inches but boasts a resolution of 640 by 480 pixels.
Although many people are hoping that Palm's first Windows Mobile smartphone will quickly be available from carriers besides Verizon, it has
35. Undercroft Is a New Epic RPG for the Pocket PC 1/10/2006
Rake in Grass has released Undercroft, a new epic adventure game in a world of warriors and wizards.
36. HP Posts iPAQ rx1950 ROM Update 1/10/2006
HP has posted on its support web site a small system software update for the iPAQ rx1950.
37. scanR Turns Pictures into PDF Files 1/10/2006
scanR lets Treoo 700w users take pictures of notes written on whiteboards and turn them into useful digital files.
38. MobiForms 2.21 Released With Signature Capture 1/10/2006
MobiForms has added signature capture and sketching capabilities into the latest release of its rapid application development (RAD) tool.
39. Microsoft Windows Vista SideShow - In-Depth (pics) 1/10/2006
Windows Vista SideShow is a secondary display that's going to be built into notebooks and Tablet PCs in the second half of this year. The di
40. Philips Demos Prototype Rollable Display 1/11/2006
Philips Polymer Vision was demonstrating a prototype flexible display running Windows Mobile at last week's Consumer Electronics Show.
Epocrates has launched the SxDx disease diagnosis and treatment reference and symptom assessment tool.
42. A Look into the Future of the Pocket Loox 1/12/2006
A source familiar with Fujitsu-Siemens' plans has revealed to Brighthand this company's product roadmap through the end of this year. Among
43. RIM Ties BlackBerry Into Google Services 1/12/2006
While RIM continues to fight for the life of their BlackBerry service, they're busy expanding the functionality of the platform. This time i
44. Palm Treo 650 and Treo TripKit Winners 1/12/2006
First off, thanks to everyone who submitted stories for these contests, the entries were great. And thanks to everyone who participated in t
45. BlackBerry to Offer Free Mac Support 1/13/2006
RIM will soon begin to offer PocketMac for BlackBerry to all Mac users, free of charge.
46. Palm Cuts LifeDrive's Price 1/13/2006
Today, for the first time, Palm cut the price for its premier handheld by 10 percent.
Treo 700w selling "above expectations" Possible specs, pic of E-TEN G500 HP releases iPaq 1955 ROM update
Reports: Loox phone details, new handhelds Video out card for SDIO slots? Palm Lifedrive 2 rumor probably false; Palm cuts Lifedrive retai
49. Atomic Cannon Pocket Treads into Beta 1/14/2006
A beta of Atomic Cannon v2.5 is available for the Pocket PC.
50. ShadowPlan for Palm OS Review 1/14/2006
There are many people, myself included, that have so much going on, it is hard to keep everything straight. I am not just talking about rem
51. Samsung Announces 4 GB Smartphone 1/16/2006
Last spring, Samsung unveiled the SGH-i300, a smartphone with a 3 GB microdrive. Today, it announced an updated version with an additional 1
52. VITO SoundExplorer Updated to Windows Mobile 5.0 1/16/2006
The latest version of VITO SoundExplorer supports Windows Mobile 5.0, works more smoothly than ever, and has nicer looks.
53. PhatPad 3.0 Now Available 1/16/2006
PhatWare has updated its notes organizer for Pocket PCs that allows users to create notes with text, drawings, animation and audio
54. HP to Release Branded O2 XDA-Atom Compact Smartphone 1/16/2006
According to a report from the Chinese newspaper The Commercial Times, HP will be releasing a branded version of the O2 XDA-Atom Smartphone.
Google Talk instant messaging and Google Local for mobile will soon be supported on the BlackBerry wireless platform.
56. Skyscape Introduces New Medical Diagnosis Tool 1/17/2006
Skyscape has released MobileDDx Differential Diagnosis Tool for both Palm OS and Pocket PC.
After being announced in Europe a year ago and released there the T-Mobile MDA IV and T-Mobile SDA (HTC Tornado) SmartPhones just never see
58. Brighthand's First Impressions of the Palm Treo 700w 1/18/2006
Ed Hardy has only had Palm's latest smartphone for a few days, but that's enough time to learn that most of the criticism of this device is
59. Palm Hires Ronald R. Rhodes as SVP of Global Operations 1/18/2006
Palm, Inc. has hired a new senior vice president of global operations.
As of today, the Cingular 2125 can be found in retail stores in most markets across the U.S.
61. Opera Mobile Now Available in Beta for Pocket PCs 1/18/2006
Opera Software has released a free beta of the first Pocket PC version of its web browser.
62. Latest Rumors on Apple's Smartphone Plans 1/19/2006
A trademark filing made by Apple, Inc. has set off another round of speculation that it plans to put out a mobile phone bearing its own bran
63. Fictionwise Giving Away Nebula Award Nominated Stories 1/19/2006
As it does every year, Fictionwise is giving away copies of stories that are preliminary nominees for the prestigious Nebula Award from the
Palm, Inc. has released a ROM update for the unlocked version of the Treo 650. It includes a number of enhancements.
TEXTTUTOR teaches typing and text entry on Palm OS handhelds.
66. Palm Updater 1.2 Released For Unlocked Treo 650 1/19/2006
Palm has released another update for their Treo 650 line. They deserve a good deal of credit for continually improving the platform, this ra
67. Symbol Introduces Rugged Enterprise Handheld 1/20/2006
Symbol Technologies has introduced the MC70, a rugged handheld created for the enterprise market.
68. QinetiQ Committed To Developing Miniature Fuel Cells 1/20/2006
A research and development company based in the U.K. has set its sights on one of the Holy Grails of the mobile industry: a fuel cell small
69. A Mobile Helping Hand 1/20/2006
As I sit here on the day we in the US set aside to remember Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. I am reminded that sometimes, we need someone on the
70. First Thoughts - Palm Treo 700w 1/20/2006
To some, a holy grail; to others, an unspeakable monster. The Palm Treo 700w is nothing if not excitement inducing. Now we've got one in han
71. Rumor - GSM Version of Motorola Q Cancelled 1/20/2006
According to French website Mobinaute, Motorola has confirmed that the Motorola Q has been cancelled in Europe and the only model that will
Company boasts fabric Bluetooth keyboard HP releases WM5 drivers before WM5 upgrade Apple rumors, episode 7 Nebula Award nominees as free
73. HanDBase Now Available for Windows Mobile Smartphones 1/23/2006
A new version of DDH Software's relational database application is now available to owners of devices running Windows Mobile for Smartphone.
74. Rumors Flying About Motorola Q (Updated) 1/23/2006
A recent rumor about a highly-anticipated smartphone is probably incorrect.
75. Land on the Moon with your Handheld 1/23/2006
LEM Sim realistically simulates the critical phase of an Apollo moon mission -- the landing.
76. My Little Tank and Moonfighter From Astraware 1/23/2006
Usually, I try to review only one game at a time. While that doesn't seem like much, especially when you are constantly back and forth and w
The Treo 650 is now available through Comcel, a leading cellular operator in Colombia.
78. Playing it Safe with Online Electronics Purchases 1/24/2006
Any time you drop a few hundred, or thousand, dollars on a digital camera, PDA, notebook or other computing device online, there's a little
79. Opera Mini Now Available Worldwide 1/25/2006
After trials in Europe this fall, Opera Software has announced a worldwide release of its free Web browser for mobile phones.
80. Palm Updates Sprint Treo 650 1/25/2006
Palm, Inc. has released a ROM update for the Sprint PCS version of the Treo 650 smartphone. It includes a number of enhancements.
A new study from In-Stat shows the Smartphone market is set to grow 70% in 2005. Microsoft and Linux-based operating systems are expected do
82. Universal Wireless Keyboard Now Supports Palm TX 1/26/2006
One of Palm's latest handhelds now can use one of this company's most important peripherals.
83. Two Windows Mobile Devices Coming to T-Mobile Next Month 1/26/2006
Rumors give the release dates and prices for T-Mobile USA's next Windows Mobile devices.
Wow, so that's quite the headline. Last week word came out that HP was working with Quanta to brand the compact O2 XDA Atom Smartphone. A fe
SCOTUS rejects RIM appeal Cingular: Treo not a smartphone GSM Motorola Q not cancelled after all
86. HP Accidentally Confirms iPAQ hw6900 1/27/2006
A document on HP's web site confirms this company's plans to release a new smartphone.
87. VITO TaskSwitcher for Smartphones Released 1/27/2006
VITO Technology has released TaskSwitcher for Windows Mobile Smartphones.
88. Microsoft's Mobile Division Turns its First Profit 1/27/2006
During its most recent financial quarter, the mobile devices portion of Microsoft managed to do something it has never done before: make mon
89. FileMaker Mobile 8 Released 1/27/2006
FileMaker has introduced a new version of its database application for both Palm OS and Pocket PC.
Whether writing a review for web site or selling a used camera or product at an online auction site such as eBay, your photos should look th
91. i-mate To Offer HTC Prophet 1/30/2006
An online retailer has announced plans to offer a cellular-wireless Pocket PC that otherwise isn't widely available.
92. Enhance Your Lifestyle with Astraware 1/30/2006
Astraware is having a special promotion highlighting some of the best lifestyle applications available for Palm OS and Windows Mobile handhe
93. TORQ P120 Smartphone First Thoughts 1/30/2006
The TORQ P120 is an attractive, well-equipped device. Here's what I like: Windows Mobile 5, plenty of user-accessible memory, nice viewable
94. Spb AirIslands -- A New Concept in Pocket PC Games 1/31/2006
Spb Software House has just released a game that attempts to be both a strategy game and a series of mini-games.
95. Avvenu Remote Access Service Supports New Palm Treo 700w 1/31/2006
The Avvenu service gives users fast access over the Internet to their documents, folders, and photos directly from their Treo 700w smartphon
96. BenQ P50 Finally, Finally Available 1/31/2006
A Windows Mobile smartphone that was first unveiled in early 2004 is now shipping. Despite the long delay, this device isn't completely out
Rumor: Axim line to be discontinued Microsoft mobile division makes profit RIM: Victim or perpetrator?
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement