Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for October 2001. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2001 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
October 2001 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for October of 2001
Below are the 68 SmartPhone articles for October of 2001
1. Landware.com Free Keyboard special offer 10/1/2001
Receive a free GoType! Keyboard from LandWare when you purchase the author's bundle of TakeNote!
2. My Phone/PDA Is Better than Yours 10/1/2001
With Handspring and Palm preparing to market devices that will converge the technologies of cellular phones and personal digital assistants,
3. Handspring shaves $100 off Prism 10/2/2001
Handspring is trimming $100 off the price of its lone color-screen model, the Visor Prism.
4. REVIEW: Palm m125 10/2/2001
The review of the Palm m125 is up, check it out in our review section!
5. Samsung to Launch Pocket PC Handhelds in 2002 10/3/2001
LONDON (Reuters) - Samsung Electronics said on Wednesday it will use Microsoft Pocket PC software for a new range of handheld computers that
6. New Pocket PC OS set to debut 10/3/2001
Microsoft launches its Pocket PC 2002 upgrade on Thursday backed up by handheld makers and developers. The operating system will have some n
7. Samsung to launch Pocket PC handhelds 10/3/2001
Samsung Electronics said Wednesday it will use Microsoft's Pocket PC operating system in handheld computers that will come out in 2002.
8. Pocket PC 2002 Launch 10/4/2001
On site coverage of the launch of Pocket PC 2002 from San Francisco, California
9. Microsoft, Allies Launch Pocket PC Handhelds 10/5/2001
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. and major computer companies on Thursday unveiled a passel of handheld computers in a marketing bl
10. Japan's Fujitsu to Launch PDA in 2002 10/5/2001
Fujitsu Ltd, Japan's largest computer maker, said on Friday it planned to launch a personal digital assistant (PDA) handheld computer in ear
11. Palm V to get pager functions 10/5/2001
A wireless data network company plans to unveil a device that effectively allows a Palm handheld to act more like a BlackBerry pager.
12. Sharp hones new Linux handheld 10/6/2001
Developers will soon get their hands on a new Sharp PDA that uses a Linux (news - web sites) operating system, according to sources. The dev
13. * Pocket PC 2002, New Device Specs * 10/7/2001
We've gathered the specs on the latest HP, Compaq, Toshiba and Audivox.
14. Audiovox unveils handheld, promises PDA phone 10/7/2001
Mobile phone maker Audiovox Corp. wants to jump into the crowded handheld computer market, and promises to deliver a combination handheld-ph
15. Sprint finally releases the Samsung I-300 10/8/2001
We heard the stories that Samsung officially released the much anticipated I300 last week, but the first glimpse of the PDA/phone combo took
16. Details: Sony 710 OS update 10/9/2001
As of November, Sony Electronics will make available an option to upgrade CLIÉ PEG-N710C handhelds from Palm operating system (OS) 3.5.2 to
17. NEC unveils PDA, Fujitsu to follow 10/9/2001
(IDG) -- NEC Corp. unveiled its PocketGear PDA (personal digital assistant) on Friday, at the same time rival electronics maker Fujitsu Ltd.
18. Palm takes a back seat in cars 10/10/2001
When it was founded last fall, start-up MobileAria planned to marry a Palm and a cell phone to deliver Internet access to cars. But the comp
19. Odd Name, Unique Product 10/10/2001
Every once in a while, a new electronic gadget will make you stop and do a double take. So it was with the iMac; it may eventually be the sa
20. Compaq Updates Its Popular Handheld 10/10/2001
When the first iPaqs hit the market, they didn't last long on store shelves. Those who wanted one often had to wait months until they were a
21. Handspring Refurbs for $119 10/11/2001
Handspring is trying to empty out there inventory of refurbished Visor Deluxe handhelds, free shipping is good with this offer too!
22. PocketPC to challenge Palm OS for corporate users 10/11/2001
ALTHOUGH PALM MAINTAINS a healthy lead in the handheld operating system market, analysts at market research firm IDC say Microsoft's new Poc
23. Handspring to unveil wireless handhelds 10/11/2001
Delivering on promises to become more focused on wireless communications, Handspring plans on Monday to announce devices that combine a hand
24. Microsoft Continues in Its Quest 10/12/2001
MICROSOFT IS A company that is always willing to improve its products little by little over time. Yet the software giant is also stubborn, u
25. Clie 610 on Offer at PCMall.com 10/12/2001
The 610 is being offered for an excellent price right now at PCMall.com...
26. Pocket PC Summit 10/13/2001
On site coverage of the first Pocket PC Summit from Santa Monica, Californnia
27. HP Jornada 525 on special for $199.99 at Outpost.com 10/14/2001
For some reason the HP Jornada 525 is now only $199 at Outpost.com, an incredible color device for this price with 16 MB RAM, nice!
28. Handspring Launches PDA Phone -- Trio 10/14/2001
U.S.-based Handspring introduced a handheld computer with a built-in cellphone for the European and Asian markets on Monday, beating its big
29. 'It's definitely more PC than Pocket' 10/15/2001
If United States handheld computer and software maker Palm ever had any doubts about the strength of its competition, last week's blitz by M
30. NEW Compaq Rebate -- $150 off 3635, read more >> 10/15/2001
The Wrap Up the Savings mail-in rebate offer is valid only with purchases made between 10/14/01 and 01/26/02 of eligible Compaq iPAQ Pocket
31. Handspring to Offer All-In-One Unit 10/16/2001
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. (AP) - Handspring Inc. will soon offer new handheld organizers with built-in cell phone, Web-browsing and e-mail featu
32. Free $40.00 Gift Card with Palm m125 10/16/2001
Check out this offer from OfficeMax.com, buy the Palm m125 and you get a free $40.00 gift card in the mail.
33. Sony cuts price on entry-level handheld 10/17/2001
Sony hopes to continue recruiting average Joes and Janes to the handheld-computing revolution by trimming the price on its entry-level handh
34. Sony to debut mid-range handheld 10/17/2001
Following a price reduction on its low-end device, Sony plans to introduce a mid-range model into its Clie line.
35. OfficeMax.com Gift Certificate Offers 10/17/2001
OfficeMax.com has several rebate offerings on Handspring and Palm devices, such as $40 certificate with purchase of m125 or m500.
36. The Dirty Secret Behind Wireless 10/18/2001
First it was Metricom, shutting down its high-speed Ricochet wireless service, and now it's MobileStar, pulling its 802.11 wireless networks
37. Palm V skips into BlackBerry patch 10/18/2001
A new wireless modem will take Palm V handhelds on a trip to the BlackBerry patch by offering always-on, instant access to e-mail.
38. Compaq pushes wireless with Australian iPAQ launch 10/19/2001
Compaq's new iPAQ Pocket PCs and supporting peripherals made their Australian debut at a company roadshow in Melbourne last night.
39. Palm OS learns Chinese 10/19/2001
Taiwanese computer giant Acer on Thursday announced the first Chinese-language handheld using the Palm operating system.
40. REVIEW: Sony N760C - "The right choice" 10/19/2001
A new review on the Sony N760C has been posted to the site, Damian gives an honest and straight forward look at his new Clie.
41. Apple's Secret Device To Steal Microsoft Thunder? 10/19/2001
Earlier this week, Apple gave out invitations to the October 23rd unveiling of a new Apple-branded digital device that it would not describe
42. Acer unveils palm-based PDA 10/22/2001
(IDG) -- Acer has pulled the wraps off its S10 personal digital assistant, the first such device to be based on the Chinese version of the P
43. Sony's handheld is a clicker, too 10/23/2001
Sony is giving couch potatoes something to cheer about.
44. Palm launches new OS developer program 10/25/2001
Snuggling up to its developers, Palm Inc. on Tuesday announced a new two-level Palm OS developer program, a new certifying program, and onli
45. For Truly Portable Typing, a Curvaceous Keyboard 10/25/2001
Being all thumbs can come in handy for those who want a faster way to put text into a Palm V.
46. No free ride for Pocket PC 10/25/2001
Some of the best things in handheld life are no longer free.
47. Compaq delays OS upgrade for iPaq 10/25/2001
Compaq Computer has delayed the shipment of the Pocket PC 2002 upgrade for its iPaq handhelds, the company confirmed late Wednesday.
48. Be Palms $1.135m in Q3 revenue 10/25/2001
With Be's anticipated acquisition by Palm casting such a shadow over the operating system developer for the last couple of months, you would
49. Palm Adds to Its Lead in Europe 10/26/2001
Palm Inc. increased its lead in the European market for handheld computers in the third quarter as sales fell more than one-third amid slowi
50. Pogo to the future 10/26/2001
A small British technology is launching a gadget that it says could make third-generation networks obsolete before they are switched on.
51. Casio Cassiopeia BE-300 Pocket Manager 10/27/2001
It's not a Pocket PC, but this Windows CE handheld is gaining quite a following
52. TI offers three-chip OMAP solution for handsets, PDAs 10/28/2001
Texas Instruments Inc. has introduced the first standard chipset based on its Open Multimedia Applications Platform (OMAP), providing OEMs w
Casio (casio.com) and Sierra Wireless (sierrawireless.com), announced yesterday that they are working together to deliver numerous wireless
54. Coming to a Pocket PC User Group Near You! 10/29/2001
Whether you had the opportunity to catch the Microsoft Mobile Experience Tour this past spring or not, we hope that you'll join us for the f
55. New $50 rebate for Franklin eBookman 10/29/2001
56. Handspring updates Web browser 10/29/2001
Handspring has released a new version of its browser, designed to enhance security and increase the speed of Web access.
57. Sony Reduces MYLO Wireless Price 10/29/2001
Effective immediately, Sony CLIE PEG-S320 handheld users can now purchase the modem adapter and removable PCMCIA card for $99, after a $100
58. Handspring strikes corporate data alliance 10/30/2001
Where Palm failed, Palm OS licensee Handspring is hoping to succeed - in the corporate mobile data arena.
59. Bluetooth smiles on Microsoft mobile OS 10/30/2001
Microsoft's next-generation operating system for mobile devices has passed a crucial test for Bluetooth compatibility, the software giant sa
60. Special offers from Handspring! 10/30/2001
Check out these latest offers from Handspring.com:
61. Free iPaq? Compaq plays giveaway game 10/30/2001
On Tuesday, the PC maker launched a new promotion: Buy an Evo notebook, an Evo desktop or an Armada notebook and get a Compaq iPaq 3650 hand
62. Deal could give voice to BlackBerry 10/31/2001
Research In Motion is trying to stay ahead of competitors by signing an agreement with a major wireless carrier that could give the BlackBer
63. For Apple, Sweet Music From iPod... 10/31/2001
It's going to do for MP3 music what the original Palm Pilot did for handheld computing in the late '90s -- that is, ignite demand like a mat
64. Your Palm III is now expandable! 10/31/2001
The current design easily clips on a Palm III(excluding Palm IIIc) organizer allowing it to accept any Type II PC Card or Compact Flash (CF)
— These days, Americans want to know instantly if the dust on the lip of a mailbox is only dust, if the water in US reservoirs is safe, or i
66. Newest weapon of war--the handheld 10/31/2001
When the USS McFaul lobbed Tomahawk missiles into Afghanistan recently, an unlikely new weapon was on board: the Palm hand-held computer.
67. REVIEW: Handspring Visor Neo 10/31/2001
The Neo attempts to address the needs of the lower-end Palm users that want more power than the out-dated Deluxe can offer. What they are ab
68. Handspring to charge for support calls 10/31/2001
Owners of Handspring's handheld must start paying for over-the-phone tech support as of Jan. 2.
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement