Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for October 2006. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2006 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
October 2006 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for October of 2006
Below are the 58 SmartPhone articles for October of 2006
1. SlingPlayer Mobile May Soon Be Coming to the Palm OS 10/1/2006
Although users of Palm OS devices haven't been able to view video streamed from Slingboxes, there's strong evidence that this is about to ch
2. Most Popular PDAs and Smartphones of September 2006 10/2/2006
Brighthand's monthly listing of the ten most popular handhelds and smartphones.
3. HP iPAQ rx5915 May Be Shipping This Month 10/3/2006
When HP first announced the iPAQ rx5915 last week, the company would only say this handheld was "Coming Soon." Now, though, a report has sur
Nokia has just taken the wraps off a new short-range wireless networking standard called Wibree. This is intended to complement a similar w
5. Get Ready for New Palm Handhelds 10/3/2006
In his latest editorial, Ed Hardy goes out on a limb to predict that Palm, Inc. will soon come out with new handhelds.
6. iambic Launches YourCall Contact Manager for Palm OS 10/3/2006
iambic has just introduced YourCall, a new application for Palm OS users designed to make tracking the significant developments in phone cal
Palm Introduces First Windows Mobile Powered Treo in Asia Palm Introduces the Treo 650 in Peru Palm Treo 650 Launches on Mexico's Telcel
8. Treo 750v Now Available for Order 10/4/2006
Palm's latest smartphone, the Treo 750v, is now available from Vodafone in several European countries. As promised, this device is free when
9. RhinoSkin Treo 700 Leather and Aluminum Case Review 10/4/2006
Well-known handheld expert Alan Grassia reviews RhinoSkin's new Treo 700 leather and aluminum cases.
10. T-Mobile USA May Announce 3G Plans Tomorrow 10/5/2006
According to unconfirmed reports, T-Mobile USA will announce tomorrow its plans to unroll 3G services.
11. Would You Like Tweezers With that? 10/5/2006
"Sometimes, smaller really isn't better," is the theme of Adama D. Brown's latest editorial.
12. BlackBerry Pearl Will Soon Be Available on Vodafone 10/5/2006
Without any hoopla, Vodafone has added a page to its U.K. web site that shows it that it will soon be offering the latest smartphone from RI
13. How To Disable an ActiveSync Connection 10/6/2006
A simple set of instructions explaining how to stop ActiveSync from automatically turning itself on whenever a Windows Mobile device is put
LG.Philips LCD has developed the world's slimmest thin-film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) panel, measuring only 1.3 mm in thic
15. T-Mobile USA Unveils its 3G Plans 10/7/2006
As expected, T-Mobile USA has announced how it roll out new high-speed data services to its customers.
16. Is This the BlackBerry 8800? 10/8/2006
It has been about a year since RIM introduced a new cellular-wireless handheld to replace the 8700, so its not surprising that rumors have b
17. Mobile Tech Notes -- Retro Fun and Games 10/9/2006
Namco Brings Palm OS Users a Blast from the Past Remember the Good Old Days with Pocket Commodore 64 Brando Offering USB Toys
18. HP Announces New Pocket PC Phone 10/9/2006
HP has recently unveiled the iPAQ rw6815, its latest Pocket PC Phone Edition device.
19. Essential Gear for Travelers 10/10/2006
Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief shares his recommendations for mobile accessories to take along when traveling with a handheld or smartphone.
20. Palm Announcing New Treo Oct. 12 10/10/2006
Today, Palm, Inc sent out a press release indicating that it will take the wraps off a new smartphone later this week.
21. Mobile Tech News -- TX Update, Spb Today Suite, and More 10/11/2006
Palm Releases Accessory Cradle Update for TX Handster Publishes Spb Today Suite PhatWare Announces PhatPad 4.0 Beta Palm Promotes Mobil
22. Dash Smartphone Officially Coming to T-Mobile USA 10/11/2006
T-Mobile USA will soon begin offering a Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone it is calling the Dash.
23. The Latest on the Cingular 8525 10/11/2006
Recently, an anonymous source reported to Brighthand that the Cingular 8525 Pocket PC phone will be available soon, and what it will cost.
24. PalmSource Changing Its Name 10/12/2006
Today, PalmSource has announced that it has started the process of changing its name to "Access," and launched a new web site.
25. Palm Officially Announces the Next Palm OS Treo 10/12/2006
The DigitalLife conference is going on now in New York, and Palm, Inc. has just held a press conference to announce the Treo 680.
26. Why Pocket PCs Don't Let Users Close Applications 10/13/2006
A recent post on the Windows Mobile Team Blog gives Microsoft's reasons why Pocket PC users can't easily close applications that are running
27. Are Smartphones Really the Right Tools for the Job? 10/13/2006
In his latest editorial, Antoine Wright questions whether the latest smartphones are really what users want.
28. A First Look at the Palm Treo 680 10/13/2006
After getting some hands-on time with Palm's latest smartphone, the Treo 680, Brian Beeler brings us his impressions, along with numerous pi
29. Treo Video Used to Break N.Y. Plane Crash News 10/14/2006
A reporter used his smartphone to film the initial footage of a plane crash that happened this week.
30. First Reports of a Motorola Q Replacement 10/16/2006
Motorola is reportedly going to launch next year an upgraded version of the Motorola Q Windows Mobile Smartphone.
Astraware Releases Cake Mania for Palm OS Handhelds Nokia Announces Winners of S60 Third Edition Challenge Palm Releases Windows Mobile
32. microSD Wi-Fi Card Announced by Spectec 10/17/2006
Spectec has unveiled a Wi-Fi card for smartphones with a microSD slot.
33. Full-Text News Reader Released by Spb Software House 10/17/2006
Spb Software House has just released Spb Insight 1.0, a new RSS/Atom reader for Pocket PCs.
34. SlingPlayer Mobile Coming to Nokia's S60 and UIQ 10/17/2006
Sling Media and Symbian, Inc. announced today that they are partnering to produce a version of SlingPlayer Mobile for Symbian smartphones ru
35. Mobile Tech Notes -- CorePlayer, Google Maps, and More 10/18/2006
Pocket PC Version of CorePlayer 1.0 Debuts Google Maps Released for Palm OS Treos Socket Communications Announces Tiny SDIO Bar Code Sca
36. New Version of Documents To Go Now Available 10/18/2006
Today DataViz announced Documents To Go 9 for the Palm OS platform, a new version of a very widely used suite for allowing handhelds and sma
37. Nokia Introduces S60 3rd Edition Feature Pack 1 10/18/2006
Nokia has taken the wraps off Feature Pack 1 for its S60 3rd Edition, a user interface for Symbian OS-based smartphones.
38. Brighthand Now Offering Category-Specific RSS feeds 10/19/2006
In response to numerous user requests, it's now possible to get category-specific RSS feeds from Brighthand.
39. Treo 700wx Launched In Canada 10/19/2006
Palm has introduced one of its Windows Mobile-based Treos in an additional country. This smartphone is now available from Bell Canada.
40. New Samsung UMPCs Debut 10/20/2006
Samsung has widened the range of Ultra Mobile PCs it offers. It has recently begun selling two new variations of its original model.
41. The Revolution Will Be Unwired 10/20/2006
In this week's editorial, Adama Brown discusses the effect the next-generation of the wireless Internet will have on mobile devices.
42. Cases Du Jour 10/22/2006
Antoine Wright takes a look at some of the fashionable new cases available for today's newest mobile devices.
43. Palm Releases Fairly Significant Update for Verizon Treo 650 10/24/2006
Verizon Wireless has introduced a fairly significant update to its version of the Palm Treo 650.
44. Is Nokia Going to Introduce Another Internet Tablet? 10/24/2006
According to unconfirmed reports currently circulating on the Web, the next version of Nokia's Internet Tablet will be called the 330 and wi
45. iPAQ hw6900 Series Coming to Cingular Next Week 10/25/2006
Cingular has just announced that it will begin offering two versions of HP's latest Pocket PC phone before the end of this month.
46. Cingular Launches TeleNav GPS Service 10/25/2006
Cingular has just begun offering a new real-time navigation service.
47. Cingular 3125 Smartphone Review 10/26/2006
Adama D. Brown brings us his thoughts on the Cingular 3125 an ultra-slim clamshell design to rival the ever popular RAZR.
48. T-Mobile Dash Now Available 10/26/2006
A Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone that T-Mobile announced earlier this month is now available for order.
49. First Glimpse of a New Clamshell Pocket PC 10/26/2006
It appears that a model similar to the HTC Universal will soon be coming on the market from i-mate.
50. Mobile Tech Notes -- Games, Games, and More Games 10/27/2006
Island Labs Brings Popular Zen Sudoku Game to Palm OS Astraware Holding a Spooktacular clickgamer Autumn Sale Underway
51. To Upgrade or Not? Better Make Your List 10/27/2006
In this editorial, Brighthand Forum moderator holvoetn shares the process he went through when decided whether to upgrade his current device
52. Possible Pricing Set for Cingular 8525 10/29/2006
The prices have leaked out for a Pocket PC phone that is expected to debut any day now.
53. Treo 680 Coming Next Week? 10/29/2006
According to a document that has leaked out of Cingular Wireless, the latest Palm OS-based Treo will hit the market in early November.
Some evidence has emerged that indicates that upcoming WM Smartphones will include a version of Office Mobile.
55. E-TEN Working to Slim Down 10/30/2006
E-TEN has announced plans to introduce what it believes might be the world's thinnest Pocket PC phone with both Wi-Fi and GPS.
Access to Make a Mobile Application Framework Open Source Olive Tree Bible Software Releases Three New Christian Ebooks by John Piper Mi
57. Socket Go Wi-Fi! P300 Review 10/31/2006
Ed Hardy puts Socket's 802.11g wireless networking SDIO card for Windows Mobile devices through its paces.
58. Latest iPAQ Pocket PC Phone Now Available from Cingular 10/31/2006
Cingular Wireless has just begun offering two models from the iPAQ hw6900 series of Pocket PC phones, making it the first carrier in the Uni
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement