Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for November 2003. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2003 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
November 2003 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for November of 2003
Below are the 121 SmartPhone articles for November of 2003
1. Tapwave Zodiac Shipping 11/1/2003
Tapwave is now shipping the Zodiac, a gaming-oriented handheld that runs the Palm OS. The Tapwave web site is going to be the only place to
2. HP iPAQ h4150 Full Review 11/2/2003
The new iPAQ Pocket PC h4100 series is intended to bring to market an affordable integrated wireless PDA in a slim design.
The latest version of BugMe! offers integration with the Today screen, support for Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC, and other new fetaures
4. Brighthand Reviews the Toshiba e405 11/3/2003
The new Toshiba e405 Pocket PC sports a new design but retains the thinnest and cutting-edge technology found in its e300 series predecessor
5. Treo 600 Debuting on Cingular in Mid-November 11/3/2003
Cingular will be the first wireless carrier in the U.S. to offer the GSM/GPRS version of the Treo 600 Palm OS smart phone.
6. Sony Cuts Prices of UX Series; New Model Coming? 11/3/2003
Sony has dropped the prices for its Clie UX50 and UX40 by $50 and is now bundling a free leather case. At the same time, rumors are starting
7. Sony Denies Existence of Rumored UX Series Model 11/4/2003
Rumors have been circulating lately that Sony is planning a new model for its UX series. According to a Sony spokesperson, there is no basis
8. Mergic VPN Released for Palm OS 5 Devices 11/4/2003
Mergic VPN 1.1 is the first Virtual Private Network (VPN) application to support all Palm OS 5 devices. Palm OS 3.1 to 4.1 devices are also
Microsoft has released Voice Command for Pocket PC 2003 devices. This allows users to control common functions such as the Media Player and
10. Palm OS Version of Wi-Fi SD Card Pushed Back to December 11/4/2003
The expected release date for a Palm OS 5 driver for SanDisk's Wi-Fi SD card has been pushed back again.
11. Brighthand Reviews the Dell Axim X3i 11/4/2003
Dell continues to raise the value bar by bringing us the first Wi-Fi enabled Pocket PC under $400.
12. Additional Pictures of the Dell Axim X3i 11/4/2003
Trolltech offers Phone edition of Qtopia/Linux platform Tapwave Zodiac now shipping Microsoft Voice Command for Windows Mobile
14. Review - Drunken Sherriff from Afzane (Pocket PC) 11/4/2003
Drunken Sheriff is a new Flash based game by AFZANE.com. The main character is a delightfully drunken gun wielding sheriff who enjoys break
Microsoft's Mobility Unit has been given the goal of selling 100 million handhelds and smart phones running Windows Mobile over the next thr
The latest version of this application that allows users to sync their Pocket PC with a Macintosh computer adds support for Bluetooth and Wi
17. New Treo 600 Cases Available Soon 11/5/2003
Vaja Cases and Covertec are taking preorders for cases for the Treo 600 smart phone.
Full version of Anthelion released Treo 600 leather cases from Covertec Quickoffice for Symbian trial included with Sony-Ericsson P900 Ba
The newest $299 Pocket PC from ViewSonic is now available. Windows Mobile OS, a 300MHZ PXA255 Processor and the first PPC in the US to incl
20. Companies Ask for Smart Phones without Cameras 11/6/2003
Though most smart phones include a built-in digital camera, many companies forbid their employees to bring these into the office. This is le
21. Bluetooth 1.2 Officially Adopted 11/6/2003
The Bluetooth SIG has put its seal of approval on Bluetooth Specification Version 1.2. This includes new features intended to bring about a
22. palmOne Releases Fix for Tungsten T3's SD Problem 11/6/2003
palmOne has released a ROM update for the new Tungsten T3 that fixes a problem this model has with some SD cards.
LexSpell is a new a spell checking application for Palm OS devices that works with many Palm OS applications and most mail clients.
24. HP Releases iPAQ h2200 Series Bluetooth Update 11/6/2003
Hewlett-Packard has released a Bluetooth Driver Update for its iPAQ h2200 series.
25. Bluetooth Keyboards Closer Than Ever 11/6/2003
It was January of this year when I first got jazzed about the prospect of a Bluetooth keyboard for PDAs. At the CES Targus told me they had
It's been weeks in the making, but palmOne has finally released a fix for the T3 SD card issue. Now that the SD slot is no longer a concern,
27. Brighthand Reviews the New Pocket PCs 11/7/2003
Brighthand reviews three models from the recent crop of new Pocket PCs, including the Dell Axim X3i, HP iPAQ h4155 and Toshiba e405.
A Gartner vice president and research fellow has used his speech at a company symposium to outline why he believes Microsoft's Windows Mobil
Mobile TS allows wireless Palm OS devices to remotly control a computer that is running a recent version of Windows.
30. In Depth - Sony Playstation Portable 11/7/2003
First came Tapwave's Zodiac, a handheld trying to be a portable gaming unit. Now Sony intends to market a portable gaming unit that tries to
Toshiba unveils 40 GB, 1.8 inch portable HD iPaq Bluetooth update for h2200 Beiks LexSpell for Palm OS Proporta leather case for Treo 600
32. Veo's Latest SD Camera Coming to Multiple Platforms 11/10/2003
Veo has announced a 1.3 megapixel camera that makes use of the Secure Digital (SD) card slots on most handhelds. There are versions for both
33. Fujitsu Demonstrates Prototype Handheld with SVGA Screen 11/10/2003
Fujitsu Laboratories is showing off the prototype for a new handheld that includes a 600-by-800 pixel screen and multiple forms of wireless
34. Samsung i600 Windows-Powered Smart Phone Debuts on Verizon 11/10/2003
Verizon Wireless will soon begin offering the Samsung SCH-i600, making it the second handset running Microsoft's Smartphone 2002 operating s
35. Microsoft Posts More Free Ebooks 11/10/2003
Three new free ebooks are available to users of Microsoft Reader as part of a twenty-week promotion.
36. Fujitsu Shows Off New PDA Concept Device (Pictures) 11/10/2003
Is this thing hot or what? Fujitsu, who recently launched two new Loox models in Europe, has a concept device that features a 4" SVGA screen
37. SPV E200 Smart Phone May Be Coming to U.S. 11/11/2003
High Tech Computer has received approval from the FCC to release the SPV E200, a smart phone that runs Windows Mobile 2003. However, whether
38. Sony Offering $50 Rebate on High-End Clies 11/11/2003
Sony is now offering a $50 mail-in rebate on the Clie UX50, UX40, NX80V, and NX73V, on top of recent price cuts for two of these models.
39. iPAQ Foldable Keyboard Now Supports Windows Mobile 2003 11/11/2003
Hewlett Packard has released a new driver for the iPAQ Foldable Keyboard that brings Windows Mobile 2003 support, making it compatible with
40. PDA News - Microdrives, Another iPaq update, T3 case 11/11/2003
4 GB Microdrives available Nov. 20th Patch for iPaq 5450 with WM2003 Tungsten T3 aluminum case on preorder
41. bargainPDA.com Goes to COMDEX 2003 11/11/2003
This weekend a couple bargainPDA.com editors will be heading off to Vegas for COMDEX 2003. COMDEX is probably the second most important show
42. Sony Hands Out $50 Rebates on High-End Clies 11/11/2003
Sony has decided to give a $50 rebate on the following Clie models - UX40, UX50, NX73 and the NX80. The rebate covers purchases from now unt
43. Aluminum Case for Palm Tungsten T3 Available Soon 11/12/2003
Innopocket and Proporta are both now accepting preorders for an aluminum hard case for the Palm Tungsten T3.
44. Dual-Platform Backup Card Now Available 11/12/2003
A new backup card is available from MDM that works with both Palm OS and Pocket PC devices.
45. HP iPAQ h4355 Now Available 11/12/2003
The first iPAQ to include a built-in keyboard is now on the market. It also has a 400 MHz processor, 64 MB of RAM, and multiple forms of wir
46. Review - TomTom USA Navigator GPS 11/12/2003
TomTom USA Navigator is a complete GPS system designed to interface with a handheld computer for navigation, route planning, and mapping.
PocketMac Backup is a desktop application that allows users to backup files and important information on their Pocket PCs to desktop compute
PocketPC Techs has announced new models of its Lil' Sync USB Sync-n-Charge cables and a new Lil' Sync 4AA Battery Adapter.
49. Sharp Readying New Clamshell Zaurus 11/13/2003
Sharp is preparing to release in Japan a new model in its Zaurus line. Aside from some software changes, the SL-C860 will be almost identica
50. Wi-Fi Memory Stick Coming December 1 11/13/2003
MobilePlanet is currently taking pre-orders for the HNT-MSW1, which will be available in less than three weeks.
51. Cingular Now Offering Treo 600 11/13/2003
palmOne has announced that its Treo 600 smart phone is now available through Cingular. This latest Treo model offers a faster processor and
52. Review - Vaja I-Volution Aptus HP iPaq 2215 / iPaq 2210 Case 11/13/2003
There's nothing like the smell or feel of good leather, whether it be on a couch, baseball glove -- or a case for your HP iPaq 2215 PDA. Wh
SD WiFi drivers delayed 50% off PDAmill games with purchase of Anthelion Tungsten T3 Covertec case Multi-platform backup card
54. Sharp Brings New Zaurus SL-C860 to Japan 11/13/2003
Sharp has released an update to the popular C700 series Linux-based PDA. This one also takes the clamshell form factor that appears much lik
55. Hands on Microsoft's Voice Command 11/14/2003
Voice Command allows Pocket PC users to control functions such as the Media Player and the program launcher with spoken commands. Brighthand
56. Survey Says Smart Phones Too Hard to Use 11/14/2003
According to a recent study, many smart phone users say their devices are difficult to use and that tech support for them is lacking.
57. PDAReviewSpot.com Nears 200 Current PDA Reviews 11/14/2003
PDAReviewSpot.com was started to centralize all the best PDA reviews on the web. Nearly all of the biggest PDA sites are participating, maki
58. Review - Candy Train from Astraware (Pocket PC and Palm) 11/14/2003
Candy train is cute, simple to play, and has great sound and visual effects. Simply tapping the screen for game effects make the game easy a
Quick, think of an application on your handheld. Chances are that you named a game. And if it was a game, was it Bejeweled? Bejeweled has be
60. PDA News - Smartphones not so smart, T3 cases, Bluetooth 1.2 11/15/2003
Smartphones user-unfriendly & unsupported, says study Tungsten T3 leather, metal cases Bluetooth version 1.2
Warfare Inc. is one of the must own games for PDA gamers. There’s no doubt about it, this is one of the best games I’ve ever played. I don’t
62. Leonard Maltin Movie & Video Guide for Palm OS Now Available 11/17/2003
This handheld reference features information on over 19.000 movies. It includes ratings and and capsule reviews. It also offers tools to hel
63. Motorola MPx200 Smart Phone Available for $80 11/17/2003
Amazon.com is currently offering Motorola's new MPx200 smart phone for only $80 after a number of rebates available to those starting a new
64. SPOT Watches Delayed to Next Year 11/17/2003
Watches using Microsoft's SPOT technology that are capable of displaying information they receive wirelessly won't be available this week as
65. Hack Allows All Apps to Run in VGA on Toshiba e805 11/17/2003
A third-party developer has released a system hack that allows essentially all applications to run in VGA mode on the new Toshiba e805, not
66. PerComm Becomes the Latest Palm OS Licensee 11/17/2003
PalmSource has announced that PerComm has licensed the Palm OS platform. PerComm plans to integrate Palm OS 5 to create new mobile devices t
67. PalmSource To Work Closely with Wireless Carriers 11/17/2003
Under the new Palm Powered MobileWorld program, PalmSource will work closely with wireless service providers not only to improve the Palm OS
68. PalmSource Launches New Software Store 11/17/2003
PalmSource has unveiled a new online software store which offers more than 20,000 Palm OS software titles.
69. Free Palm Software 11/17/2003
MDM has a deal right now where they're giving away free software to the first 5000 newletter registrants. It's not cheap stuff either, all s
70. LIVE FROM COMDEX 2003 PHOTOS: Baxter and Doyle 11/17/2003
Andrew and Barry here in Las Vegas for the 24th annual COMDEX show. Here are some photos from the MOBILE FOCUS "Biker Bash" Party and Bill
In an effort to expand the functionality of wireless enabled Palm OS devices, PalmSource has announced a plan to allow over the air delivery
72. LIVE FROM COMDEX 2003 - Afternoon Update 11/17/2003
Barry and Andrew here. Checking in live from the COMDEX press area to share the latest details. Barry got to talk to Michael Dell in the e
Proporta is now shipping a roll-up keyboard compatible with most Palm-branded handhelds, as well as most iPAQ Pocket PC devices.
74. A Sneak Peek at Two Upcoming ASUS Pocket PCs 11/18/2003
ASUS is planning to release two Pocket PC models in 2004. The MyPal A8100 will be a Phone Edition device, while the My Pal A716 will offer b
Think Outside is now taking pre-orders for a Pocket PC version of the Stowaway Infrared Wireless Keyboard. This keyboard can be used with a
76. Is Microsoft Still Committed to Pocket PC? 11/18/2003
Recently, there have been some disturbing signs that Microsoft's commitment to Pocket PC may be waning as the company shifts its attention t
Hack removes VGA restrictions on e805 128 MB SD and CF cards for under $20 40% off Innopocket cases from iPaqCases.com JACK by iNDUSTRY E
78. Asus to Release New Pocket PC Phone Edition - MyPal A8100 11/18/2003
Is it possible that Asus has dropped the Microsoft Smartphone OS in favor of Pocket PC Phone Edition? That seems possible as Asus has gone q
79. Michael Dell and BargainPDA Talk at COMDEX 11/18/2003
BargainPDA talks with Mr. Michael Dell at COMDEX! Andrew Baxter and Barry Doyle attend "Dell In Motion", a special press party set in an el
80. Microsoft Launches Windows Mobile Support Site 11/19/2003
Microsoft has created an extensive support site for its Windows powered handheld and smart phones that should prove handy for new users and
81. MDM Software Giving Away Free Applications 11/19/2003
MDM Software is currently running two promotions that offer free software to both Palm OS and Pocket PC users.
82. Microsoft Brings Free Ebook Promotion to a Close 11/19/2003
83. palmOne Offers Rebates on Tungsten C 11/19/2003
palmOne has begun offering a pair of rebates to those who purchase its Tungsten C handheld, including one that reduces the price to $399.
84. Dell Not Going to License the Palm OS 11/19/2003
The founder of Dell said yesterday that that his company currently has no plans to become a Palm OS licensee. A company executive had raised
85. Palmone Zire 71 Goes Artsy 11/19/2003
I think it was only a matter of time before we saw something like this. Dane Picard has a new art exhibit featuring the Zire 71. It's fun to
86. Toshiba e805 Short Review (Pics, Specs) 11/19/2003
The Toshiba e800 series is the latest high-end PDA release from Toshiba. The most innovative and unique feature users will find with this P
87. PDA Screen "Scandal" Uncovered? 11/19/2003
There has been much concern raised over the inconsistancies in PDA screen quality from unit to unit. An industry inside source tells us som
Pumatech has just released Intellisync 5.3 and Enterprise Intellisync 5.3, which add support for Windows Mobile 2003 handhelds, Microsoft Ou
89. People Find Unusual Uses for Handhelds 11/20/2003
While most people simply use their handheld to keep track of important information and maybe play a game or two, others find more atypical u
90. Sharp Unveils Zaurus Models with 4-Inch VGA Screens 11/20/2003
Sharp has officially announced the Zaurus SL-6000 series. This will include three models, two of which will have built-in Wi-Fi and one with
91. Good Deals Now Available on Web Stores 11/20/2003
Several retailers are offering low prices on a variety of handhelds and handheld-related products, like memory cards, cases, and more.
2.2 GB MagicStor microdrive for $200 MDM offers free 64 MB MP3 kit with purchase of Zire 71 iPaqCases.com giveaway Journal Bar 2.0 releas
93. UPDATE - Sharp Announces Zaurus 6000 Linux-Based PDA 11/20/2003
Nearly a month ago rumors surfaced about Sharp's latest Zaurus. This unit designed for corporate users features integrated WiFi, 4" VGA disp
94. Wi-Fi Destined to be Powered to the “MAX” 11/20/2003
Skip the Starbucks! How about a 30 mile radius "hot spot"?
95. Sony Clie TJ25 is #1 in Japan 11/20/2003
Of all the PDAs being sold in Japan, the Sony Clie TJ25 is the most popular in terms of unit sales. In fact, Sony has 5 of the top 10 slots
96. Hands On the Palm Power to Go 11/21/2003
Those who frequently use their palmOne handheld for more than a couple of hours a day should consider the Power To Go, which can be used to
97. Brighthand Weekly Gaming Roundup 11/21/2003
Brighthand is starting a new habit of publishing a weekly list of interesting developments in handheld gaming. The first installment is now
Chris Dunphy is the Director of Competitive Analysis at PalmSource. Chris is a geek. But that's okay, it's his job to be so. Chris basica
99. Review - Insaniquarium from Astraware (Pocket PC) 11/21/2003
Insaniquarium for Palm OS was reviewed on this site earlier this year. More recently, Astraware released new versions for Pocket PC and Pal
100. MSN Direct Wins Best of Comdex Award 11/22/2003
PC Magazine has named the winners of its Best of Comdex awards. A new wireless service, a new iPAQ, and the latest Treo took top honors in t
PDAmill cuts prices on Anthelion, game packs, apps Palm WiFi drivers slip to first Q 2004 Model-specific leather cases $8 plus shipping
102. PC Magazine Names "Best of COMDEX 2003" 11/22/2003
They have a number of categories, but the most interesting in this context is the "Mobile Devices" group. Microsoft took home the gold with
103. A Look Back at Comdex Fall 2003 11/23/2003
Comdex Las Vegas 2003 has wrapped up and, though it wasn't as important a show as it was in the past, it wasn't without its moments.
104. HP Releases ROM Update for iPAQ h5500 Series 11/24/2003
HP has released a firmware update that modifies the ROM image on an iPAQ h5500 series model. This update will make various bug fixes.
105. Treo 600 Now Available from AT&T 11/24/2003
palmOne's Treo 600 smart phone is now available through AT&T Wireless for $500, after a $50 instant rebate.
106. palmOne May Help Others Develop Smart Phones 11/24/2003
palmOne is considering allowing other companies to license the tweaks it has make to the Palm OS's user interface to make it a better operat
107. Casing the All New Dell AXIM X5... Exclusive Photos! 11/24/2003
We thought meeting Michael Dell was exciting, but wait until you see this! Plus ideas for your holiday shopping list.
108. Review - Facer 1.9 from PocketCraft 11/24/2003
If the PalmOS would only have this or that, then it would be the perfect device. The largest group that seems to make this claim comes from
109. Can PalmSource Survive? 11/25/2003
PalmSource faces the daunting task of keeping Microsoft from taking over the handheld market, while at the same time trying to transition th
110. Treo 600 Available for $250 11/25/2003
Amazon.com is now offering the Treo 600 Palm OS smart phone for $250, after a series of rebates.
111. MiTAC Announces First Pocket PC with Built-in GPS 11/25/2003
MiTAC has announced the Mio 168, which is the first Pocket PC to include a built-in GPS receiver. Unfortunately, it probably won't be availa
112. PDA News - Treo 600 for $249, iPaq update, T|E metal case 11/25/2003
CDMA Treo 600 at Amazon for $249 after rebates iPaq 5550 firmware update Tungsten E aluminum case
113. COMDEX Interview With Chris Dunphy of PalmSource 11/25/2003
While at COMDEX bargainPDA talked with Chris Dunphy of PalmSource, in this interview we cover the following: Palm OS 6.0 Availability dates
114. New Entry Level Palm OS PDA Coming to China 11/25/2003
From what I can tell, this new model from Legend, the P300, was a concept device that will soon be sold in China to compete with the likes o
115. Videophone CF Card Coming for Pocket PC 11/25/2003
NTT DoCoMo will make a CF Videophone card available for sale in Japan this Friday. The card will enable calls between PDAs, PCs and other pr
116. Sony CLIE TJ35 Full Review 11/26/2003
The Sony CLIE TJ35 is the latest compact PDA offering from Sony. It has a new, thinner shape comprised of convincingly metalized plastic and
117. PDA News - Black Friday, Tungsten E leather case, Axims for $80? 11/26/2003
Black Friday handheld sales Covertec leather case for T|E Axim X3i pricing anomalies
118. PDA News - Dell refuses orders, SD GPS, Astraware games 11/27/2003
X3i listing was a mistake, says Dell; position's legality questioned New SDIO GPS in Japan Four new games from Astraware Axim X3 leather
119. Brighthand Weekly Gaming Roundup 11/29/2003
A listing of some of the most interesting game-related news from the last week.
Over the past few days some PDA sites have reported suspicions that the Tungsten T3 is near the end of the line. Much of the evidence surrou
121. Review - Handspring Treo 600 11/29/2003
The Handspring Treo 600 is often considered the best smartphone yet made. So what exactly does that mean? In this review of the Treo 600 we
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement