Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for November 2004. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2004 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
November 2004 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for November of 2004
Below are the 138 SmartPhone articles for November of 2004
1. 4SmartPhone Focuses on Individuals with XPress Plan 11/1/2004
4SmartPhone XPress, powered by the Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 platform, delivers access to contacts, email, calendar, and documents.
2. AT&T/Cingular Prepping palmOne Treo 650 11/1/2004
As we reported live from the CTIA, AT&T/Cingular will be the second US carrier to offer the Treo 650. At the time we received conflicting re
According to a stock analyst, palmOne is developing a member of its Treo line that will run Windows Mobile for Smartphones.
4. Nokia Announces 7710 Wireless Handheld 11/2/2004
The Nokia 7710 will be the first device running Nokia's Series 90 interface to actually reach the market.
5. Football Director 04/05 Season Update 11/2/2004
Football Director, a football management game for Microsoft Pocket PC, has been updated for the new season.
6. New Site Promises to Speed-Up Ebook Search 11/2/2004
Diesel eBooks hopes to differentiate itself by reducing the time required for customers to find and purchase books in various electronic for
7. GoodLink Coming to Nokia Handhelds and Smartphones 11/2/2004
Nokia is joining forces with Good Technology to extend GoodLink to Nokia's business-oriented handhelds and smartphones.
8. palmOne Moving to Windows Mobile? 11/2/2004
Such a statement would normally be considered blasphemy, but investment bank Needham and Company is reporting in a PalmSource investment ove
9. T-Mobile Sidekick 2 Review / Danger Hiptop 2 Review 11/2/2004
The T-Mobile Sidekick 2, also sold as the Danger Hiptop 2, is a fun-loving converged device. This device is definitely targeted at consumer
10. Jean-Louis Gassee Named PalmSource Chairman of the Board 11/3/2004
The well-known founder of Be Inc. has been appointed Chairman of the PalmSource Board of Directors.
Yahoo! has introduced a new suite of search services for mobile users.
Nokia has announced that Handango will be a key content provider through the Preminet Solution, an application that makes it easy for users
A Microsoft executive has given an overview of some of the features that will be added to a future version of Windows Mobile.
14. Get a Sidekick II from Amazon.com for Free 11/4/2004
The Sidekick II has been available for just over a month, and it already can be found online for free... after rebates, of course.
15. PowerPoint Support Added to Quickoffice Premier UIQ 11/4/2004
MDM has released Quickoffice Premier UIQ 2.0, which adds support for viewing PowerPoint files to this suite of applications that allows user
Reportedly, palmOne is looking into the possibility of using Linux and both versions of Microsoft's Windows Mobile on upcoming handhelds and
Motricity has released the names of the best-selling handheld and smartphone applications last quarter from PalmGear.com, PocketGear.com, an
18. Nokia Planning Smartphones with Hard Drives 11/4/2004
A few months ago, Samsung announced the first smartphone with a built-in hard drive. Now, Nokia says it's going to be making its own devices
19. PDA and Tech Deals for 11/4/2004 - 11/6/2004 11/4/2004
Dell.com Electronics and Accessories Coupon Code $30 off $350+ Purchase Today updated 11/5All PDAs on Sale At Amazon.comT-Mobile Sidekick 2
HP lists Bluetooth headphones First Axim X50s shipping PalmOne comments on Microsoft OS question Palm OS Cobalt 6.1 simulator available
21. No Palm OS Cobalt Devices Until 2006? 11/5/2004
palmOne's president said yesterday that his company won't commit to releasing models with the latest version of the Palm OS next year.
Proporta is now offering a pair of aluminium-lined leather cases for palmOne's latest handheld, plus a screen protector for the same model.
CNET: PalmOne considered alternative operating systems PalmOne refuses to commit to Cobalt European launch of Treo 650 delayed
24. Nokia Bringing Touchscreens to Series 60 11/6/2004
Nokia has outlined some of the improvements it intends to make to keep Series 60 competetive.
25. Treo 650 Coming to Europe in February 11/6/2004
This week, palmOne's president said the Treo 650 would debut in Europe in February.
26. Choosing a PDA Part 2: Flash Memory Types 11/7/2004
It's been two years, and you have evolved. Your PDA now has to be a music player, video player, and PIM client. You have emails to manage, P
27. Fossil Wrist PDA Returning from Limbo (Updated) 11/8/2004
Reportedly, Fossil's watch with a full version of the Palm OS will be re-launched in January, but the company says this is incorrect.
28. SnapperMail 2.1 Is Now Available 11/8/2004
Improvements in SnapperMail 2.1 include faster IMAP performance, AOL Mail support, improved startup times, and new smaller fonts.
29. Pocket Loox 720 Available in the U.S. through eXpansys 11/8/2004
Although Fujitsu Siemens chose to not release its Pocket PC with a VGA screen in the United States, it can be purchased in this country onli
30. Explore New Worlds On the Go with Mazera 11/8/2004
Astraware and California's Cold River Studios are pleased to announce Mazera, a combination of role playing game and puzzle-solving adventur
31. Judges Will Soon Decide the BlackBerry's Fate 11/8/2004
A ruling is expected soon in a court case that will decide whether the BlackBerry line of wireless handhelds will continue to thrive or pass
32. Pre-order a Treo 650 Now 11/8/2004
Those who have been eagerly awaiting the latest smartphone from palmOne can now pre-order the Sprint PCS version.
33. New Release! BlackBerry 7100 Series Screen Protector 11/8/2004
34. Audiovox 6601 / 6600 Pocket PC SmartPhone (pics, specs) 11/8/2004
Sprint Wireless announced the Audivox 6601 and 6600 Pocket PC SmartPhone at the CTIA Wireless show in San Francisco a couple of weeks ago.
35. palmOne Treo 650 Available for Pre-Order 11/8/2004
Get in line for the Treo 650 now. The CDMA version is available for pre-order on the Sprint PCS network for $449 with new service and $599 w
36. Bluetooth 2.0 Offers Much Faster Data Transmissions 11/9/2004
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) has adopted Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR. The latest version of this short-range wireless networking stand
37. Dell Axim X50 Series WriteSHIELD AG Shipping 11/9/2004
Pocket PC Techs is shipping a WriteSHIELD AG Screen Protector for the Dell Axim X50v series.
38. High-End Pocket PC Now Available from Sprint 11/9/2004
The Audiovox PPC-6601 can now be ordered through Sprint's business channels. This device includes a built-in keyboard, a generous amount of
39. Sony's Ultra Small Portable PC Coming to U.S. 11/9/2004
Sony has announced that its PC small enough that it can almost be used as a handheld will be released in the United States.
40. Sony Announces VAIO U750 for U.S. 11/9/2004
Sony has announced it will be releasing the VAIO U750 (VAIO VGN-U750P to be specific) in the U.S., this device was sold in Japan as the VAIO
41. JAVOedge Releases palmOne Zire 72 Clear Case 11/10/2004
JAVOedge has announced a new model for its JAVO ClearCase line.
Namco announced today an agreement to make PAC-MAN, Ms. PAC-MAN, Galaxian, and MAPPY for Palm OS available through Handango's network of sit
43. Worldwide Handheld Market Up Over 13 Percent 11/10/2004
The number of handhelds shipped worldwide was up substantially last quarter, but shipments of Palm OS models were down. This meant that, for
Pacific Union Real Estate, one of the best-known, high-end real estate firms in California, has initially deployed more than 70 Treo 600 sma
45. PDA and Tech Deals for 11/10/2004 - 11/12/2004 11/10/2004
Buy.com Tungsten T5 for $335 Shipped + Free Hard Case with RebateAll PDAs on Sale At Amazon.comT-Mobile Sidekick 2 FREE After RebatesNetgear
46. HP Leaks hx2750 Info in Europe 11/11/2004
HP has accidentally posted the details of an upcoming Pocket PC on some of its web sites in Europe.
47. Dom Perignon IV Contenders Cruise at 52 WPM on PDAs 11/11/2004
The Dom Perignon IV Speed Contest ended last week, with the forty participants recording an average speed of 52 words per minute for text en
48. FCC Approves Windows Mobile Smartphone for Verizon 11/11/2004
The FCC has given Samsung permission to release in the United States a new series of smartphones.
49. VITO SoundExplorer 2005: New and Powerful 11/11/2004
VITO SoundExplorer 2005 is a professional tool for audio recording and playback on the Pocket PC platform.
50. Samsung Showing Off New Cellular-Wireless Pocket PC 11/11/2004
The Samsung Showcase 2004 is going on now in New York, and the company is demonstrating the i730, an upcoming cellular-wireless Pocket PC.
SoftMaker is offering its second set of 1,111 packages of the TextMaker word processor and the PlanMaker spreadsheet at ridiculous prices.
PalmOne withdraws from Chinese handheld market Verizon PocketPC Phone with Bluetooth, EvDO New MS Smartphones from Samsung Bluetooth 2.0
53. HP Shows New PDA - iPAQ hx2750 11/11/2004
On HP's UK site, the soon to be released iPAQ rx2750 is now showing up. It's another blunder in HP's latest batch of iPAQs, surely toting a
54. HP Brings Media Player 10 to rx3715 11/12/2004
HP has released a ROM update for the iPAQ rx3715 that, among other things, adds the latest version of Microsoft's multimedia software.
55. New Edition of NS Basic Programming for Palm OS Published 11/12/2004
56. Microsoft, HP Lose Another Round in E-Pass Patent Fight 11/12/2004
Microsoft and HP have lost another round in their patent fight with E-Pass Technologies. They had hoped to show that E-Pass' patents, which
57. PDA and Tech Deals for 11/12/2004 - 11/14/2004 11/12/2004
Palm Tungsten T5 $319 After Coupon Code at palmOne.com (updated 11/12)Dell Axim X50v 624MHz 640x480 PDA $404, Free Shipping (offer expires 1
58. Palm OS PDA Shipments Crash - Windows Mobile (CE) Now #1 11/12/2004
In a massive popularity shift, of the 2.8 million PDAs that were shipped globally last quarter, Windows Mobile took a 48.1% market share whi
59. palmOne Launches Special Edition Zire 72 11/12/2004
palmOne has launched a Special Edition Zire 72 that comes in silver. Before the conspiracy theories start flying, this is not a replacement
60. palmOne Smart to Consider Other Operating Systems 11/13/2004
Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief says palmOne has to develop smartphones running other operating systems than the Palm OS if it hopes to survive
New CDMA/EvDO PocketPC phone from Samsung GAPI hack for Dell Axim X50v Bluetooth keyboard for Palm, PPC from Brando
62. DataViz Debuts Email App for Series 60 Smartphones 11/14/2004
DataViz has launched RoadSync, a new e-mail application for Series 60 and JAVA MIDP 2.0 smartphones.
63. Choosing A PDA 3: Wireless Options 11/14/2004
One of the increasingly popular options buyers want in a new PDA is wireless data access. For many people who are looking at a PDA, the idea
64. Brighthand Reviews the HP iPAQ hx4700 11/15/2004
HP's first Pocket PC with a VGA screen is big in every way. It has the biggest screen and the biggest battery of any of the VGA Pocket PCs.
65. New at ClickGamer: Shattered Worlds - Planet Assault 11/15/2004
Take command of a planetary fighter and fly against multiple enemies of the alliance in this all new 3D mobile game for Palms and Pocket PCs
66. Motorola MPx220 Gets a Setback 11/15/2004
Motorola's new Windows Mobile smartphone, the MPx220, is being pulled off the shelves so a system upgrade can be applied to fix a major bug.
67. Sprint Gets on the BlackBerry Bandwagon 11/15/2004
At long last, Sprint has begun offering its first Blackberry wireless handheld, the 7750.
68. Brighthand Reviews the HP iPAQ hx4700 -- Part II 11/15/2004
69. HP iPaq hx2750 Image Gallery 11/15/2004
A picture is worth a thousand words. So I'll stop talking now and let the pictures do the speaking, included in this article is a complete
Play FlashCards on a Palm OS device while learning English and Arabic.
71. Lil' Sync Pro Retractable Cable Line Expanded 11/16/2004
Pocket PC Techs has expanded the Lil' Sync Pro Retractable Cable line to several more handhelds and smartphones.
Epocrates has released versions of its clinical reference applications for Pocket PC devices. This software was already available for Palm O
73. HP Unveils iPAQ hx2000 Series... But Only in Europe 11/16/2004
In a rather unusual move, HP has unveiled its latest line of iPAQs only in Europe. There has been no official word of these models in the Un
Earthcomber can notify users when they are near favorite stores, services, attractions, historical sites, hobbies, artist appearances, and m
75. Boulder Dash-SmartPhone Extreme Released Today 11/16/2004
First Star Software has announced the release of Boulder Dash-SmartPhone Extreme, the second installment in its Boulder Dash series of games
76. Motorola MPx220 Available for Pre-Order from Amazon.com 11/16/2004
Until now the Motorola MPx220 could only be purchased at Best Buy stores, but this Windows Mobile smartphone can now be pre-ordered though A
77. HP iPaq hx4700 Review 11/16/2004
HP's entry into the arena of VGA PocketPCs sports the largest screen, largest battery, largest size, and largest pricetag of all the contest
Trolltech has released Qtopia version 2.1, a major upgrade to its development platform and user interface for Linux-based smartphones and h
JAVOedge is now offering a screen protector for palmOne's latest handheld.
80. Sync Your Pocket PC with Your Mac for Less than $15 11/17/2004
Information Appliance Associates has released PocketMac Lite Edition, a less expensive version of its software that lets users synchronize a
81. PhatWare Upgrades CalliGrapher to Version 7.4 11/17/2004
CalliGrapher 7.4 features Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish handwriting recognition support.
82. palmOne Launches New Forums to Help Users 11/17/2004
The aim of palmOne's new Help forums is to provide a place to answer support-focused questions.
83. Linksys Debuts 802.11g CompactFlash Card 11/17/2004
Linksys has announced the Wireless-G CompactFlash Card, a Wi-Fi card that uses IEEE 802.11g, rather than the slower 802.11b wireless standar
Handango today announced a slew of new licensees for its mobile e-commerce solution, the Handango Commerce Engine.
ShortCircuit challenges players with a new twist on gameplay fused from several all-time action puzzle favorites.
86. BlackBerry Passes the 2 Million Subscriber Mark 11/18/2004
RIM now has over two million active subscribers to its BlackBerry wireless platform.
Although HP has not yet announced its latest Pocket PCs in the United States, some of them can already be pre-ordered in this country.
88. Data Evolution Announces a Next-Generation Clio 11/18/2004
Data Evolution Corp. has announced plans to release the Clio NXT, an updated version of a device that skirts the line between handheld, lapt
Busker enables Palm OS users to quickly access thier tunes list and begin playing their favorite songs.
Linksys releases 802.11g CompactFlash card Axim X50s now available in Europe Possible Sharp smartphone?
91. palmOne Treo 650 from Sprint now Shipping 11/18/2004
The wait is over! A lucky few have started receiving their palmOne Treo 650 SmartPhones. Amazon now has the Treo 650 up on the site for
92. Upgrade a Dell X50v to 128 MB of RAM 11/19/2004
Pocket PC Techs has developed a way to upgrade the Axim X50v from 64 MB of RAM to 128 MB.
93. Arvale: Journey of Illusion Released 11/19/2004
PDAmill has just released a new role-playing Game, Arvale: Journey of Illusion, for Pocket PCs.
94. Nokia 9500 Communicator Available from eXpansys USA 11/19/2004
Nokia's latest cellular-wireless handheld, the 9500 Communicator, can now be ordered from eXpansys.
95. PDA News - Axim upgrade, New cases, Handango controversy 11/19/2004
Upgrade Axim X50v to 128 MB RAM New cases from Sena, Javoedge Handango under fire for "best seller" list Blackberries pass two million su
96. Madden NFL 2005 for Palm OS and Pocket PC Review 11/19/2004
Madden NFL is a yearly institution in the world of video game consoles and on the PC platform. But Madden NFL had not been available on an
97. PDA News - Software Special Edition 11/20/2004
New software: PTvnc HiRes, by Parys Technografx Arvale: Journey of Illusion, by PDAmill Tomb Raider for the Tapwave Zodiac Busker MP3 Pl
98. Editorial: Changing Times, Changing PDA 11/20/2004
A consistent theme among many people in PDA forums around the Internet lately has been that Palm OS based PDAs are not making the effort to
99. T-Mobile Now Offering Motorola A630 11/21/2004
A cellular-wireless handheld now available from T-Mobile appears to offer a good balance between voice and data communications.
100. Series 60 Users Should Look Out for Trojan Horse 11/21/2004
Users of Series 60 smartphones should watch out for a new bit of malicious software.
The Audiovox SMT5600 appears to have been a casualty of AT&T Wireless' merger with Cingular.
LingvoSoft offers nine brand new Talking and nine improved Non-talking Dictionaries for Palm OS devices.
103. Allure Xonix -- Free Arcade Game for Pocket PC 11/22/2004
Intorine has released a new, improved, and now free version of an arcade game for Pocket PC - Allure Xonix 1.3.
104. Treo 650 Has Less Storage Capacity than Expected (Updated) 11/22/2004
The first people to receive palmOne's latest smartphone have discovered that it can hold fewer applications and files than expected.
105. Nintendo DS Review -- palmOne and HP Could Learn a Thing or Two 11/22/2004
The new Nintendo DS gaming handheld, launched in the United States yesterday, is interesting in many ways. With this impressive new gaming
106. Xplore M28 Palm OS Smartphone Launched in Asia 11/23/2004
GSPDA's third Palm Powered smartphone is now available in several Asian countries. It might also eventually come to Europe.
JAMDAT Mobile is going to release a game based on the popular childer's book series on multiple U.S. wireless carriers.
108. Blue Nomad Introduces BackupBuddyVFS 3.0 11/23/2004
The new version of Blue Nomad's software to back a Palm OS device's memory up onto a removable memory card brings improvements in speed, sec
109. Get a Dell Axim X50v for Less than $425 11/23/2004
Dell's online store is currently offering 15 percent off the regular prices for all its new Axim X50 series models.
BetaPlayer gets Marathon 2700G support Fujitsu-Siemens to offer cameraless Loox 720 Report: Acer prepping three new PocketPCs, one with GP
111. Brighthand's First Impressions of the palmOne Treo 650 11/24/2004
Brighthand's Larry Becker has spent a few days with palmOne's latest smartphone. While he hasn't had time enough with the device to do a ful
112. Tiny Smartphone Coming to Cingular After All 11/24/2004
Despite earlier reports, the world's smallest Windows Mobile-based smartphone isn't really disappearing from the U.S.
113. All Rats Are Going Crazy about the Olympics 11/24/2004
MSNbroadcast.com has launched a new game series - Rat Olympics. The first game of the Olympics is Rats&Spears.
114. Sync Your Pocket PC with Your Mac for only 15 bucks! 11/24/2004
PocketMac Lite Edition Syncs your Mac to a Pocket PC on a budget! Recently Information Appliance Associates released a "lite" version of the
115. Sprint PPC-6601 First Thoughts (Audiovox Pocket PC Phone 6601) 11/24/2004
Sprint announced the Audiovox 6601 and 6600 Pocket PC SmartPhone at the CTIA Wireless show in San Francisco on October 25. The 6601, the ca
116. palmOne Promises to Fix Treo 650 Memory Problem 11/25/2004
After users complained that palmOne's latest smartphone couldn't hold as many applications and files as they expected, the company has quick
Sony Vaio U750 available for pre-order Palm user outcry: flash memory wastes space Motorola MPx220 for $50 after rebate on Black Friday
118. Zaurus SL-C3000 PDA with 4 GB HD: First Impressions 11/25/2004
Although Sharp have almost pulled out of the US consumer PDA market, their new Zaurus SL-C3000 - with an internal 4 GB hard drive - just hit
Marathon 2700G plugin for BetaPlayer is back World's smallest PDA phone PalmOne apologizes for memory issue, pledges fix New accessories
120. PDA and Tech Deals for 11/27/2004 - 11/29/2004 11/27/2004
palmOne Zire 21 $69.99palmOne Zire 31 + Free MP3 Player $99.84HP iPaq rz1715 $199palmOne Online Store OffersAmazon.com Electronics Thanksgiv
Rumor: Dell and PalmOne to collaborate on Windows Treo HP Bluetooth headphones in stock Verizon planning $15/month wireless internet
122. PDA News - Weekend Software Edition 11/28/2004
New software: Mario Docker, by Ballshooter B-Trix Deluxe, by Gamazura 50 Castles, by Clickgamer Updated software: BetaPlayer 0.093h, by
LandWare has announced that it is readying a Windows Mobile Smartphone edition of its award winning Leonard Maltin 2005 Movie Guide.
124. palmOne May Be Making a Windows Mobile Smartphone for Dell 11/29/2004
According to rumor, palmOne is going to develop a Windows Mobile version of the Treo that will be sold by Dell.
125. Sony Introduces Line of Tiny Removable Hard Drives 11/29/2004
Sony is now offering a pair of microdrives that can fit in the CompactFlash slots on many handhelds.
126. palmOne Releases Outlook Conduit Update 11/29/2004
palmOne has released an update for those who use its conduit to synchronize their handheld or smartphone with Microsoft Outlook.
127. Astraware Action Titles Updated and Zodiac Optimized 11/29/2004
The Astraware games GTS Racing and Hellfire: Apache Vs. Hind now make use of the full width of the Zodiac screen.
128. Proporta Introduces the Bluetooth Freedom Keyboard 11/29/2004
The Bluetooth Freedom Keyboard comes with drivers for all leading handhelds and smartphone platforms, including Pocket PC, Palm OS and Symbi
129. PDA and Tech Deals for 11/29/2004 - 11/30/2004 11/29/2004
OfficeDepot.com $50 Rebate on All PDAs over $199Sharp Zaurus SL-6000 Linux PDA $380Dell.com $25 off $225+ PDA or Other Electronics & Accesso
130. HP Finally Announces iPAQ hx2000 Series in the U.S. 11/30/2004
Several weeks after HP took the wraps off its latest series of Pocket PCs in Europe, the iPAQ hx2000 series has finally been listed on its U
131. palmOne Wi-Fi SD Card Now Supports the Tungsten T5 11/30/2004
palmOne has released a software driver that allows its first Wi-Fi SD card to work with the new Tungsten T5.
132. 3D Volcano Island - Exclusive ClickGamer Launch 11/30/2004
3D Volcano Island, a fantasy-style action game for Pocket PCs, is now available only from ClickGamer.
133. JAVOedge Releases HP iPAQ hx4700 Series JAVOLeatherCase 11/30/2004
JAVOedge is now offering a leather flipcase for the HP iPAQ hx4700 and hx4705.
134. Sena Cases Announces New Cases for Dell Axim X50 and X50v 11/30/2004
Sena Cases has announced new leather flipcases for Dell's Axim X50 series.
135. Chapura Introduces PocketMirror Standard XT Software 11/30/2004
A new edition of the PocketMirror ooftware offers owners of the latest palmOne devices a choice in basic Microsoft Outlook synchronization s
136. HP iPaq hx2000 Series Will Be Three Devices 11/30/2004
On HP's UK site the upcoming hx2000 series is now broken out into three different Pocket PC devices, the HP iPaq hx2750, HP iPaq 2410, and H
137. Acer Ferrari 3400 Review 11/30/2004
After 6 years of avid computer use, I recently bought my first laptop: the Acer Ferrari 3400. Obviously I went looking for reviews for the F
138. First Thoughts - palmOne Treo 650 11/30/2004
I've had the Treo 650 for a few hours now and so far, I really love it. I have enjoyed the first few hours so much, that I actually contempl
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement