Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for November 2006. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2006 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
November 2006 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for November of 2006
Below are the 82 SmartPhone articles for November of 2006
1. Nokia 330 Not What Some Were Hoping For 11/1/2006
Despite last week's rumor, the Nokia 330 is not a successor to this company's Internet Tablet.
Information Appliance Associates has released pearlTunes, the first ever tool to take unlicensed music in Apple iTunes and automatically cop
3. View YouTube, Google Video with Kinoma Player 4 EX 11/1/2006
The latest version of Kinoma's audio and video player for the Palm OS provides unprecedented access to video on a mobile device, including F
4. First Glimpse of a Cingular Treo 750 11/1/2006
Recently, an image has leaked out of a Cingular Wireless version of the latest Windows Mobile-based Treo.
Every year Spb Software House gathers information about the current Pocket PC community's status and compares it to the previous survey resu
An application that allows users to run thousands of programs originally written for the Palm OS on a Pocket PC has finally come out of beta
7. HP iPAQ rx5915 Review 11/2/2006
In his latest review, Adama D. Brown takes a close look at HP's most recent handheld, a Pocket PC with a GPS receiver and 2 GB of built-in s
8. Most Popular PDAs and Smartphones of October 2006 11/2/2006
Fall is in full swing, which means the holiday shopping season is right around the corner. That's why Brighthand's monthly top 10 list is do
SplashPhoto Introduced for BlackBerries iambic GoogHelper 1.1 Released Mobile AntiVirus 4.0 for Windows Mobile Coming Soon
10. BlackBerry Pearl May Be Coming to Cingular 11/3/2006
This point the BlackBerry Pearl is available exclusively from T-Mobile USA, but there's some evidence that RIM's latest smartphone may be re
11. Where Will I Go? 11/3/2006
In this editorial, Antoine Wright asks himself, could I replace my Palm OS Treo with a Symbian or Windows Mobile smartphone?
12. Treos Popping Up All Over the World 11/4/2006
In the past weeks, some of Palm's most recent smartphones have been introduced in countries all around the world.
Google Introduces Stand-Alone Gmail Java Application Club Astraware Special Offers for November BoxWave Releases the Designio Leather Ca
14. Ask and Ye Shall Receive 11/5/2006
Ed Hardy's follow-up to an editorial he wrote a few months ago asking for an application that can bridge the "synchronization gap".
15. Cingular 8525 Announced but Not Released 11/6/2006
Cingular Wireless confirmed today that it will soon begin offering a new Pocket PC phone with 3G cellular-wireless networking and a built-in
16. YouTube May Offer Mobile Downloads 11/6/2006
One of YouTube's co-founders said today that his company hopes to offer its videos on mobile devices next year.
17. NTP Files Patent Lawsuit Against Palm 11/6/2006
NTP has just filed a patent infringement lawsuit against Palm, Inc. This alleges that Palm is infringing on patents related to wireless emai
18. Vodafone Signs Major Agreement with Microsoft 11/7/2006
As part of standardizing on just three mobile operating systems, Vodafone has announced that it will work with Microsoft to develop a packag
Developer One--best known for its very popular time, contact, and task management application Agenda Fusion for Pocket PCs--has released a s
20. Palm Responds to NTP's Patent Infringement Lawsuit 11/7/2006
Palm, Inc. has released a statement responding to the patent infringement lawsuit filed yesterday afternoon by NTP.
21. Samsung Showing Off Innovative Portable Computer 11/7/2006
Samsung is demonstrating a highly portable PC with a unique design. This 1-pound device will include a folding keyboard and Mobile WiMAX.
22. Sony Ericsson Buying the Rights to the UIQ Interface 11/8/2006
Sony Ericsson is going to acquire UIQ Technology AB, the Swedish software company responsible for developing and licensing the UIQ user inte
23. Synchronize Your Mobile Device with GoogleCalendar 11/8/2006
Toffa has introduced a family of applications that can synchronize GoogleCalendar with a wide variety of handhelds and smartphones.
24. Janam Licenses the Palm OS, Unveils Two New Handhelds 11/8/2006
Janam Technologies LLC, a company that makes rugged mobile computers that scan barcodes, has licensed the Palm OS for the next five years.
25. HTC Denies Having Serious Treo Production Problems 11/8/2006
HTC says there is no truth to recent reports that Palm rejected $40 million worth of Treo smartphones that HTC had manufactured.
26. Treo 750 Gets FCC Approval 11/9/2006
Palm has received the government approval it needs to introduce its latest Windows Mobile-based smartphone in the U.S.
27. DataViz Documents To Go 9 Review 11/9/2006
Brighthand Forum moderator Magellan brings us a review of the latest version of Documents To Go, DataViz's software suite that allows Palm O
28. The Latest on the Motorola Q Pro 11/9/2006
Some images and new details of what is supposedly an upcoming Windows Mobile Smartphone have appeared on the Web.
29. The Missing Sync for Windows Mobile Significantly Upgraded 11/10/2006
Mark/Space has added many new features to its application for synchronizing Pocket PCs and WM Smartphones with computers running Mac OS X.
30. Treo 680 Approved for U.S. Release 11/10/2006
The last hurdle blocking the U.S. release of the latest Palm OS-based Treo has been removed.
31. The Reason Wi-Fi Support Was Removed from ActiveSync 11/10/2006
In a recent post on the Windows Mobile Team Blog, one of Microsoft's developers explains why Wi-Fi support was removed from ActiveSync 4.0.
32. Motorola Buying Push-Email Maker Good Technologies 11/10/2006
Motorola has just announced that it will acquire Good Technology, one of RIM's chief rivals in the market for push email.
33. Sony mylo Review 11/11/2006
The mylo is a small wireless device that allow users to exchange instant messages, browse the Internet, listen to music, send emails, and vi
34. Symbol Giving Up Its Palm OS License 11/11/2006
Symbol Technologies is discontinuing its line of Palm OS-based industrial and commercial handhelds. It will continue to make similar devices
35. The End of the Palm Pays Back Program 11/12/2006
Palm, Inc. is shutting down its "buyers reward" program in the next few months.
36. Patents Hint at an Apple iPhone 11/12/2006
The latest fuel being added to the iPhone fire is a pair of patents that were approved on Thursday that many are taking as evidence that App
37. FCC Approves BenQ's Second Pocket PC Phone 11/13/2006
The release of the BenQ P51, this company's latest Windows Mobile-based smartphone, is drawing closer.
38. Cingular Unveils New 3G Windows Mobile Smartphone 11/13/2006
Cingular Wireless has just announced that it will begin offering the Samsung BlackJack later this week. This will be a slim Windows Mobile S
39. Motorola Q Comes to Bell Canada 11/13/2006
Bell Canada is now offering the Motorola Q, a Windows Mobile Smartphone with a built-in keyboard and EV-DO support.
40. Two GPS-Enabled Handhelds Discontinued by Garmin 11/13/2006
Garmin has added a Palm OS-based and a Windows Mobile-based handheld to its list of discontinued products.
41. New Rumors of a Palm Buy Out 11/14/2006
Palm, Inc.'s share price jumped on Monday on a new round of rumors that it is going to be acquired by some company.
42. ViewSonic Launches Rugged Windows Mobile Devices 11/14/2006
ViewSonic Corp. has introduced a collection of rugged handheld computers specifically built to meet mobile computing demands across a variet
43. The Zune Is a Multimedia Player, Not a Handheld 11/14/2006
There has been a certain amount of confusion about Microsoft's new music and video player. Given its feature set, it seems unlikely very man
44. First Glimpse of a Thin Nokia Smartphone 11/15/2006
According to some some images that have appeared on the Web, Nokia intends to introduce a replacement for the E61/E62 called the E62i that w
45. Microsoft May Be Bringing Voice Command to WM Smartphone 11/15/2006
Microsoft has has made its Voice Command application for Pocket PC for several years now. According to an unconfirmed report, a WM Smartphon
46. BlackBerry Pearl 8100 Review 11/15/2006
The Pearl is RIM's first smartphone with support for playing music and video, plus it has a built in camera. Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief br
47. Get a Samsung UMPC for $750 *Updated* 11/15/2006
Those who are interested in a UMPC but have been turned off by these device's high prices should should be happy to learn that the Samsung Q
48. Treo 680 Now Listed on Amazon.com 11/16/2006
The next smartphone from Palm, Inc., the Treo 680, is now listed on Amazon.com.
The best evidence yet has emerged that Apple, Inc. is going to release a combination phone and iPod in the near future. And Microsoft's CEO
50. Cingular Now Offering Two New Windows Mobile Devices 11/16/2006
The Cingular 8525 and BlackJack are now available from Cingular Wireless. Both of these run Windows Mobile, but one is a Pocket PC phone whi
According to Palm's CEO, this company hasn't dropped its plans to release a new class of devices created by Jeff Hawkins, Palm's co-founder.
52. Microsoft Adds Important New Features to Voice Command 11/17/2006
Microsoft has released Voice Command 1.6, the latest version of its application that allows users to control their Windows Mobile devices wi
53. Handheld Shipments Continue Strong Upward Trend 11/17/2006
Thanks to rapid growth in cellular-wireless devices, the number of handhelds shipped worldwide last quarter was up almost 32 percent from th
54. MyKbd 1.41 Review 11/18/2006
MyKbd replaces the on-screen keyboard on Palm OS models with one that, according to Brighthand forum moderator holvoetn, allows for much fas
55. Court Rules Australian Agency Has a Patent on Wi-Fi 11/18/2006
A court in Texas ruled yesterday that Australia's national science agency has a patent on some of the core technologies used in some version
Zagat To Go Updated for Palm OS, Pocket PC, and BlackBerry iambic Releases EzAlarm for Windows Mobile Smartphone Sherwin-Williams Coats
57. New Pocket PC Phone with Wi-Fi Now Available from i-mate 11/20/2006
Online retailer i-mate has launched its next Pocket PC phone, the JAQ3, which offers both a built-in keyboard and Wi-Fi.
58. E-TEN Announces the Glofiish M700 11/20/2006
E-TEN has taken the wraps off the Glofiish M700, a Pocket PC phone that will have a sliding QWERTY keyboard, Wi-Fi, and GPS.
59. HTC Reveals Slimmer Pocket PC Phone with Sliding Keyboard 11/20/2006
HTC has just announced the Herald, which is also called the P4350. This is an updated version of the HTC Wizard that offers all the features
60. Palm CEO Not Worried About iPhone Rumors 11/21/2006
Despite all the rumors Apple, Inc. is going to introduce a a combination phone and iPod in the near future, Palm's CEO isn't worried because
61. Treo 680 Has Just Launched 11/22/2006
Cingular Wireless has just announced that it will begin offering the Palm Treo 680 at the end of this week, but the unlocked version goes on
62. Palm Treo 680 First Impressions Review 11/22/2006
Brighthand's Antoine Wright has spent several days with the newest Treo, and is ready to share his first impressions of this Palm OS-based s
miniMusic Introduces New Palm OS Music Creation Application eXtreme Agenda for WM Smartphone Updated Cingular Wireless Now Offering Enha
64. Palm Releases Sprint Treo 700wx SMS Patch 11/23/2006
Palm, Inc. has posted on its support web site a software patch that fixes a serious bug in one of its latest smartphones.
65. Candybar-Shaped Pocket PC Phone Coming from i-mate 11/23/2006
i-mate will soon begin offering the PDAL, a Windows Mobile phone with Wi-Fi. To reduce the size of this smartphone, it will have neither a n
Palm Holding 48 Hour Handheld Sale Spb Software House Releases Spb UniThemes 2.0 OtterBox Now Offering Rugged Case for Treos
67. iambic Developing Windows Mobile Version of Agendus 11/24/2006
After being available for the Palm OS for many years, iambic is going to release a Pocket PC version of its popular personal information man
68. Pre-Release Version of Crossbow for Pocket PC Reviewed 11/25/2006
A developer willing to break his or her non-disclosure agreement with Microsoft has leaked a copy of the next version of Windows Mobile to a
Unbound Medicine Releases Special PDA-Only Version of Harrison's Practice Vaja i-Volution Models Introduced for Palm Treo 680 and Treo 75
70. Treo 750 Delay Causes Financial Shortfall for Palm 11/27/2006
Palm, Inc. has just said that it isn't taking in as much money this quarter as it has previously expected, a shortfall the company is blamin
71. Nokia E62 Review 11/27/2006
Adama D. Brown tests out a new S60 smartphone now being offered by Cingular Wireless.
72. YouTube Videos Coming to Verizon Phones 11/28/2006
Thanks to an agreement that was just announced, Verizon Wireless' V CAST subscribers will soon be able to view a sampling of the most popula
73. Cingular Taking Pre-Orders for BlackBerry Pearl 11/28/2006
Although not yet available from this carrier, Cingular Wireless is now allowing people to pre-order the BlackBerry Pearl, RIM's latest smart
74. Opera Mini 3.0 Now Available 11/28/2006
Opera Software has released Opera Mini 3.0, the latest version of its free web browser that can run on most mobile phones.
75. There Just Might Be New Axims from Dell After All 11/29/2006
In his latest editorial, Ed Hardy discusses the evidence that points to Dell introducing a new line of Pocket PCs in 2007.
76. Smartphone Users Are Happier Than Regular Phone Users 11/29/2006
According to a survey done by market-research firm IDC, those who use a smartphone are generally more satisfied with their devices than thos
77. Sprint's Motorola Q Will Be Black 11/29/2006
Some pictures of the Sprint version a Windows Mobile Smartphone have emerged, showing that it will have a black casing, not the silver one c
The U.S. Supreme Court heard a case yesterday that's being closely watched across the technology industry, as it may determine what constitu
79. Nokia Says Mobile Phone Use Growing Faster Than Expected 11/30/2006
No one argues that the use of mobile phones is increasing dramatically around the world, but, according to the head of Nokia, growth is out
80. BlackBerry Pearl Debuting on Cingular Wireless Tomorrow 11/30/2006
Cingular Wireless has officially announced that it will be rolling out the RIM's latest smartphone over the next few days.
81. HP Launching New Series of iPAQ Handhelds 11/30/2006
HP has launched its second new series of handhelds in just a few months. The iPAQ rx4240 and rx4540 are consumer-oriented models with a loo
82. XScale Replacements Ready To Be Included in Future Devices 11/30/2006
Marvell is now shipping a new generation of processors designed for handhelds and smartphones. These are the replacements for the Intel XSca
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement