Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for December 2003. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2003 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
December 2003 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for December of 2003
Below are the 140 SmartPhone articles for December of 2003
1. My Smartphone Epiphany 12/1/2003
After years touting the advantage of two-piece wireless data solutions, Brighthand founder Steve Bush now says he's found a single device th
According to rumor, Legend Group is preparing to release in China the Lenovo P300, a mid-range model which will run Palm OS 5.
Some Axim X3is shipped for $79 Veo Traveler SDIO camera gets upgrade Loox 610BT/WLAN reviewed by FirstLoox Astraware TacTic available fre
According to extensive research by ABI-Technology Market Research, PDA’s that incorporate wireless functionality will replace most of the ex
5. Review - TealAlias from TealPoint Software (Palm OS) 12/1/2003
TealAlias is a simple program that helps you set up little launcher programs to point to the programs or files on your expansion card that y
Moonlight Technologies is now taking pre-orders for a leather case for the Axim X3 series, and Belkin has also announced a selection of acce
7. Release of Wi-Fi Memory Stick Pushed Back to March 12/2/2003
Hagiwara Sys-Com said today that its much-anticipated Wi-Fi card that uses the Memory Stick format won't be available until March. This peri
8. Treo 600 Coming to T-Mobile Later this Month 12/2/2003
Reportedly, T-Mobile is having problems with the Treo 600 which it expects to have ironed out shortly.
If you have a Pocket PC PDA there's a good chance you've used it to listen to some of your favorite music. And why not, the quality of music
10. REVIEW – Proporta Sony Clie T-Series Case 12/2/2003
In a quest to finally get rid of my wallet and only carry a PDA case, Proporta has done it. The only problem I had was that sometimes when
Handmark has released the Official Trivial Pursuit Handheld Edition for Palm OS and Windows Mobile devices.
12. Compact Flash FM Radio Introduced by AmbiCom 12/3/2003
AmbiCom is now offering the AmbiCon Radio FM-CF, a Type I Compact Flash card peripheral for Pocket PC handheld devices.
13. Are You a Member of the Mobile Elite? 12/3/2003
The market research firm IDC has released a study in which it breaks mobile users into four distinct categories: the Mobile Elite, Minimalis
14. RumorMill™: Digital Camera Coming for MPx200 12/3/2003
According to a leaked document, Motorola may be planning to release a digital camera for its MPx200 smart phone.
15. Review - NuShield Screen Protectors 12/3/2003
After dropping anywhere from one to several hundred dollars on a new PDA, the last thing you may want to consider is to spend even more mone
16. Review - Sony Clie UX50 12/3/2003
Sony has made a good habit of pushing the limits with their high-end PDAs. The Sony Clie UX50 is no different, marking the first time a Sony
17. First BlackBerry Word Processing Application Released 12/4/2003
eWord is the first application for the BlackBerry platform that can create and edit Microsoft Word documents.
18. A Beginner's Guide to Buying Handheld-Related Gifts 12/4/2003
Because buying handheld-related items can be very intimidating for those who aren't handheld users themselves, Brighthand has put together s
19. New Cases for Tungsten E, Samsung SPH-i500 12/4/2003
A variety of new cases are available from Innopocket and Covertec. This includes cases for the recently released palmOne Tungsten E and Sams
20. BSQUARE Power Handheld Available in U.K. 12/4/2003
BSQUARE Corporation announced today that Vodafone is the first wireless operator to offer its line of Power Handheld devices. These are expe
21. PDA News - Palm vs. PPC, CF radio, Axim X3 cases 12/4/2003
Palm vs. PocketPC: Creativity vs. Compatibility CompactFlash radio from Ambicom Axim X3 case roundup Card games by Red Mercury
22. bSQUARE CE.NET Concept Device is Finally Released! 12/4/2003
bSQUARE has been working on what I think is a great design for a PDA. We saw it in person almost a year ago at the 2003 CES. They've finally
Belkin has announced a new Bluetooth GPS unit compatible with Pocket PC and Windows devices. The market must be larger than I though, with u
Amazon.com is currently offering Motorola's new MPx200 smart phone for free after a number of rebates available to those starting a new wire
25. palmOne 1.3 Megapixel Camera Card Delayed Until January 12/5/2003
26. Belkin to Offer Bluetooth GPS Receiver 12/5/2003
Belkin will begin offering a Bluetooth GPS Receiver in the middle of next month. This will work with Pocket PCs and cost $300.
27. PDA News - Axim case giveaway, MPx200 for FREE 12/5/2003
AximCases and AximSite give away 6 Axim cases Motorola MPx200 smartphone for FREE with activation Sync/charge cables for $11 shipped
28. CalliGrapher 7 Now Available for Windows Mobile Devices 12/6/2003
PhatWare has released CalliGrapher 7 handwriting recognition software. This supports Pocket PC 2000, 2002, and Windows Mobile 2003 devices.
29. iShop for Books Released For Pocket PC 12/6/2003
The first version of iShop has been designed to provide shopping assistance for books via wireless networking with Amazon.com's Web Services
30. Brighthand Weekly Gaming Roundup 12/6/2003
A listing of some of the most interesting game-related news from the last week.
50% off select Astraware games in December Pocket Highscores, now with Jawbreaker support $5 off $35 coupon for Handango
32. Review - Noah's Arc From Astraware (Pocket PC and Palm) 12/6/2003
No matter your age you will have fun and be challenged with this very addictive puzzle type game. This game holds your attention and entices
With the holidays coming up, many gadget geeks will have memory for his or her devices on their list. Here are the currest best deals for ea
Rumors are already circulating about a replacement for Motorola's MPx200 smart phone. The new version will supposedly offer some significant
35. Motorola to Release the MPx220 Smartphone in February 12/7/2003
If you thought the free MPx200 at Amazon was too good to be true, it was, sort of. It seems AT&T wants to clear out the old models quickly,
36. Legend Debuts Two Handhelds in China 12/8/2003
The Lenovo P100 and P300 are the first to run Palm OS 5 Simplified Chinese Edition.
37. BusinessWeek Names Treo 600 One of 2003's Best Products 12/8/2003
In its December 15 issue, BusinessWeek named the palmOne Treo 600 as one of the Best Product of 2003.
38. palmOne Settling Class-Action Lawsuit Over m500 Series 12/8/2003
palmOne has reached a tentative settlement for a class-action lawsuit brought over HotSync problems with its m500 series.
39. Foundertech Licenses the Palm OS 12/8/2003
Foundertech is going to release products running the Palm OS in China. Its first model is expected to debut next May.
40. Palm OS Selling Very Well in U.S. Stores 12/8/2003
Though the Palm OS doesn't dominate worldwide sales of handhelds the way it used to, it still has the lion's share of the U.S. retail market
41. SnapperMail 1.9 Adds HVGA Support 12/8/2003
Snapperfish has released SnapperMail 1.9, which adds several new features, including support for the 320-by-480 pixel screens on many Palm O
Asus A620 bundles from PROPortable Update on Axim X3i story Coupon for 15% off JAVOedge accessories PocketMac Backup utility
43. Toshiba e805 / e800 Full Review 12/8/2003
The Toshiba e805 / e800 Pocket PC is the latest high-end PDA release from Toshiba. This PDA is packed with great features. It's a highly r
44. Review: Handmark Yahtzee for Pocket PC and Palm OS 12/8/2003
The "official version" of this classic virtually known to game fans of all ages and walks of life is now available for your PDA!
45. NetFront 3.1 Coming to Pocket PC Later this Month 12/9/2003
ACCESS has announced that its NetFront 3.1 browser software will be available to Pocket PC handhelds in a few weeks.
46. Remotely Access Info on a PC with goAnywhere 12/9/2003
Intellisync: goAnywhere allows users with Web-enabled handhelds or smart phones to remotely access files and other data on their home or wor
47. RIM Developing BlackBerry with Wi-Fi 12/9/2003
Research in Motion has confirmed that it is working on a version of its BlackBerry smart phone that will include Wi-Fi wireless networking.
48. Visual CE Version 8 Now Available From Syware 12/9/2003
Syware has just annouced Visual CE Version 8, application development software for database and forms development on Microsoft Windows Mobil
49. Fly into Battle with Shattered Worlds: Space Combat 12/9/2003
Shattered Worlds: Space Combat is a 3D space-themed shooter that allows handheld device owners to play through the story of a war between th
50. Mobile Bluetooth Keyboard Coming Next Year 12/9/2003
Think Outside has pre-announced its Stowaway Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard, an upcoming Bluetooth-enabled Stowaway keyboard for use with compa
Free memory card, Office software for MPx200 buyers Extended batteries for iPaq 4150/4155 USB Host CompactFlash card coming Feb 2004 New
52. Bluetooth PDA Keyboards To Be Released in March 2004 12/9/2003
We told you a few weeks back these were coming and today the announcement from Think Outside makes them real, Bluetooth PDA keyboards are al
53. Review - SysOnChip CF Plus GPS Receiver from Pro Clip 12/9/2003
ProClip USA, which sells an extensive line of automotive mounting hardware for PDAs, cellphones etc., is now carrying GPS receivers and acce
54. Microsoft and AT&T Launch Site for MPx200 Users 12/10/2003
Microsoft and AT&T have launched the Windows Mobile Start Service for AT&T Wireless customers with Motorola MPx200 phones.
55. Create Pocket PC Themes on a Mac 12/10/2003
PocketMac Theme Creator is the first application that allows Mac users to create Pocket PC themes.
56. Agendus 7.0 Now Available for Palm OS 12/10/2003
iambic Software has released a new version of its scheduling and contact management tool for the Palm OS.
57. Additional Pictures of the HP iPAQ h4355 12/10/2003
58. Additional Pictures of the HP iPAQ h4355 12/10/2003
59. Review - Big Money from Astraware (Pocket PC and Palm) 12/10/2003
PopCap Games and Astraware have done an excellent job in bringing handheld owners everywhere games that give them a great bang for the buck.
"SanDisk has been shipping its SD Wi-Fi card for several months now and many people have wondered about whether we would have drivers for th
61. Brighthand Reviews the HP iPAQ h4355 12/11/2003
HP's latest high-end Pocket PC is an excellent device for accessing the Internet from anywhere while being easy to carry everywhere.
62. BDicty for Windows Mobile Smart Phones Released 12/11/2003
Beiks has developed a version of its dictionary reader application for Windows powered smart phones.
63. CompactFlash USB Host Adapter Announced for Pocket PC 12/11/2003
The SolarExpress PDA expansion card features two ports for attaching full-size USB keyboards, mini flash hard drives, USB keyboards, and ot
64. SanDisk Explains Delay of Palm OS Wi-Fi SD Card 12/11/2003
SanDisk has given the reasons why the release of a Palm OS driver for its Wi-Fi SD card has been repeatedly delayed and tells when people ca
65. SyChip Developing More Multi-Function SD Cards 12/11/2003
SyChip has revealed plans to create SD cards that offer more than one function. One will have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, while another will h
Two more Bluetooth keyboards coming 2004 Buy SPB software, get themes, game, and coupon Slew of software updates and releases Palm settle
67. Exclusive BargainPDA Discounts on DS International Cases 12/11/2003
DS International, supplier of high-quality leather, aluminum and holster cases are offering BargainPDA readers 20% off until the 1st of the
Full cells are a hot topic when it comes to preserving the Earth. But they're not just for ecological activists. Hitachi is promising a fuel
69. Hitachi to Have Fuel Cell for Handhelds in 2005 12/12/2003
Fuel cells are seen as a potential replacement for batteries, as they can power electronic devices much longer than batteries can. But curre
70. Sony Urges Customers to Not Remove Batteries 12/12/2003
Though most Sony models have a small removable panel which can allow access to the battery, the company urges customers to not open this the
71. TI Unveils New OMAP Processor 12/12/2003
Texas Instruments' OMAP1710 processor offers up to a 40% improvement in performance while consuming as little as half the power of TI's curr
72. Thinking of Picking Up a Microsoft Smartphone? Think Again. 12/12/2003
Microsoft's smartphone platform has just recently come to fruition in the US with the release of Motorola's MPx200 and Samsung's i600. Walt
73. palmOne Cuts Price on the Zire 71 12/12/2003
Today palmOne announced a $50 price cut on the Zire 71, taking the MSRP to $250. They also promoted a current $100 rebate on the Tungsten C,
74. Excellent Deal on the Sony Clie SJ22 12/12/2003
If you've been looking for the perfect gift for someone without a PDA, or perhaps a monochrome unit who needs an upgrade, here's a fantastic
75. Recall Issued for Sony Clie TJ35 PDAs 12/12/2003
Since its release, users have been complaining of issues with the backlight in the TJ35. Today Sony issued a recall to fix the problem.
palmOne offers new mini-cradle TI debuts new OMAP processor; less power, more performance Free holiday-themed games from ClickGamer and We
77. PrintBoy 6.0 Premium Edition Now Available For Palm OS 12/14/2003
PrintBoy now offers support for the latest version of Dataviz's Documents To Go, as well as other improvements.
78. Brighthand Weekly Gaming Roundup 12/14/2003
A listing of some of the most interesting game-related news from the last week.
79. Sony Recalling Clie TJ35 for Backlight Problems 12/14/2003
Sony has issued a recall for one of its most recent handhelds, the Clie TJ35, because the backlight on some of the units of this model have
80. palmOne Zire 71 Cut to $249 12/14/2003
The Zire 71, which debuted last spring, has had its first price cut. This Palm OS 5 model is now available for $50 less.
palmOne and IBM today announced that developers will be given the ability to deploy Java applications on the Treo 600 smartphone and Tungste
82. RumorMill™: Strong Evidence of MPx220 Found 12/15/2003
A document has been found that all but proves the existence of the Motorola MPx220, which will be the replacement for the company's MPx200.
83. palmOne Mini USB Cradle Released 12/15/2003
The Mini USB cradle is now available from the palmOne online store.
84. First CompactFlash TV Tuner Announced 12/15/2003
EOps Technology has announced the world's first TV Tuner CompactFlash card which is compatible with Pocket PC 2002 and Windows Mobile 2003 h
85. Addit For palmOne Devices Helps Users Try, Buy New Software 12/15/2003
Addit is a free application from palmOne designed to help users of Palm OS devices try and buy new software, directly on their handheld.
86. RumorMill™: Web Store Taking Pre-orders for iPAQ h6000 12/15/2003
A web store is trying to take advantage of people's anticipation for the iPAQ h6000 series by already taking pre-orders for this device, eve
87. Pre-Order the New HP iPAQ h6000 12/15/2003
Ok, so the HP iPAQ h6000 series isn't due out until late 1Q 2004 at the earliest, we don't know exactly what it looks like and the FCC hasn'
88. Review -- Sony Clie Digital Video Recorder 12/15/2003
Sony has been great for PDA owners for one primary reason; they push the limits of the operating system and hardware to create great devices
89. palmOne Bringing Java Support to Treo 600 12/16/2003
palmOne has released a developer preview of the Java 2 Micro Edition Toolkit for Treo 600 smart phones and Tungsten handhelds in the IBM Web
According to a report coming out of Asia, Motorola plans to release next year three Windows Mobile smart phones.
91. Upgrade an iPAQ h4000 Series to 128 MB of RAM 12/16/2003
Pocket PC Techs has just begun offering to upgrade the HP iPAQ h4155 or h4355 to 128 MB of RAM. This costs $129.
92. PDA News - Handango stats, Clear cases, Middle East PDAs 12/16/2003
Handango stats for Q3 JAVOedge offers clear cases Middle East PDA summit coverage New Astraware game
93. Motorola SmartPhone MPx100, MPx220, MPx300 12/16/2003
According to the Chinese language newspaper the Commercial Times, Motorola has ordered three new Microsoft Smartphones from Taiwan for its 2
Many people buy PDAs for PIM, personal information management. Others pick them up for gaming or specialized professional needs. PalmSource
95. Amazon.com Paying Customers To Buy Color Sidekick 12/17/2003
Amazon.com and T-Mobile are offering so many rebates on the version of the Sidekick smart phone with a color screen that they are paying cus
96. SPOT Watches to Debut in January 12/17/2003
Watches using Microsoft's SPOT technology that are capable of displaying information they receive wirelessly will be available next month.
97. Palm Digital Media Offers Free Ebooks 12/17/2003
Palm Digital Media is giving away a different free ebook every day until Christmas Eve.
98. Survey: By Using Handhelds, Doctors Can Save Lives and Money 12/17/2003
A survey shows that doctors can benefit greatly by using a handheld as part of their practice, including reducing the number of medical erro
Inventors and scientists are always working on handheld-related research, and Brighthand is comitted to keeping its readers informed about t
100. Review - Mars Needs Cows from Astraware (Pocket PC and Palm) 12/17/2003
Mars Needs Cows is a fun, simple game to take up time anywhere you are the slightest bit bored. Your mission, should you choose to accept, i
101. PDA News - 128 MB iPaq 4150, VGA updates, PocketPC TV 12/17/2003
PocketPCTechs give 4150 128 MB internal memory VGA 'dead zone' fixed; high-res themes CompactFlash TV tuner for PocketPC Free ebooks from
102. Adobe Opens Ebook Store 12/18/2003
Adobe Systems Incorporated today opened the Adobe Digital Media Store, an online retail site that offers a wide variety of content in PDF fo
103. palmOne Reports First Quarterly Financial Results Since Merger 12/18/2003
This is the first time palmOne has reported financial results since it acquired Handspring and spun off PalmSource.
104. New Cases Available Soon for iPAQ h4155 and h2215 12/18/2003
InnoPocket is now taking pre-orders for its HP iPAQ 4100 series aluminum hard case, while Javoedge is taking pre-orders for an HP iPAQ h2200
105. Last Minute Gift Idea - palmOne Zire for $40 12/18/2003
If you still need a great Holiday gift, you might consider the palmOne Zire. Stock will not last long, so act quickly.
106. A First Look at LG's New Cellular-Wireless Pocket PC 12/19/2003
LG Electronics is releasing in Korea the LG-SC8000, a surprisingly small cellular-wireless Pocket PC with a built-in camera and a slide-out
107. PalmSource and RIM to Collaborate on Wireless Connectivity 12/19/2003
PalmSource and Research in Motion are working together on a wireless Palm OS email application expected to be available in the second half o
palmOne quarterly report with profit/loss PalmSource, RIM parter to connect Palms & Blackberries Linux-based smartphone in Asia Updated T
109. UPDATE - HP Stops Selling iPAQs in India 12/19/2003
HP's PR agency sent us an email overnight disputing the validity of this article. It seems HP will not be pulling out of India entirely. Her
110. SD Now Top Memory Card Format 12/20/2003
The SecureDigital format has passed CompactFlash cards to take the top position in market share among memory cards.
Decuma has just announced its new OnSpot Handwriting Recognition Software for Pocket PC and Palm OS 5 devices.
112. Review - TealSafe from TealPoint Software (Palm OS) 12/20/2003
Passwords, pin numbers, Web site logins, user names. As businesses switch to Web-based customer service and people conduct more banking and
113. Review - Battleship by Handmark (Palm and Pocket PC) 12/20/2003
Ok, I know that all of us at some point played this game when we were younger (probably sometime during the 1980s while watching the beginni
114. Brighthand Weekly Gaming Roundup 12/21/2003
A listing of some of the most interesting game-related news from the last week.
115. ASUS Releasing MyPal A716 in U.S. Very Soon 12/22/2003
This Pocket PC has both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless networking plus SD and CompactFlash card slots.
116. Survey: Palm OS Users Have Fewer Problems 12/22/2003
According to a PC World survey, users of Palm OS handhelds are a bit more satisfied with their devices than Pocket PC owners.
117. PDA News - Axim X5 Basic discontinued, Fitaly for T|3, New cases 12/22/2003
Dell Axim X5 Basic discontinued Fitaly keyboard for Tungsten T|3 iPaq 4150 and Treo cases KeySuite supports HighRes+
118. Palm OS Edges Pocket PC in Latest PCWorld Testing 12/22/2003
PCWorld has published a report that will likely cause PPC fans some heartache. This latest salvo in the Palm vs. PPC fight is a must read.
119. From the Makers of bargainPDA.com Comes SPOTstop.com 12/22/2003
About a year ago, Microsoft started touting their new Smart Personal Objects Technology or SPOT. SPOT products transmit data over FM radio w
PalmSource's revenues increased last quarter, but it wasn't enough to make the company profitable.
121. Bluetooth Phone Available from Sprint 12/23/2003
The Sony Erricsson T608, the first CDMA mobile phone with Bluetooth, is available in limited quantities from Sprint PCS.
122. Review - Jack, or One Hundred Ways to BBQ (Palm) 12/23/2003
So, who is Jack? Jack is a small person who is trapped in a dungeon filled with snakes, dancing Egyptians, and even R2D2. More importantly,
123. Enjoy Some Christmas Cheer on Your Handheld 12/24/2003
Christmas Day is almost here. While spending time with family and friends is the best way to celebrate, you can also have some holiday fun w
124. RIM Reports a Very Profitable Quarter 12/24/2003
RIM's revenues more than doubled when compared with the same quarter last year, and the company says it expects to be even more profitable d
125. RumorMill™: First Picture of the MPx100 Smart Phone 12/26/2003
A picture is now available that may give the first look at an upcoming Windows powered smart phone from Motorola.
Almost two weeks ago, a Chinese newspaper broke the news that Compal had won a contract to product this new MS Smartphone for Motorola. A pi
127. Outlook 2004: Push Email With PDA and Smartphone Devices 12/26/2003
Research In Motion (RIM) is a Canadian company that sells the popular Blackberry devices, best known for their push email capabilities. On
Asus PocketPC with BT/WiFi/CF/SD coming in January New Years sales on Astraware and iNDUSTRY games Vodafone puts Smartphone on hiatus
129. Brighthand Weekly Gaming Roundup 12/28/2003
A listing of some of the most interesting game-related news from the last week.
130. COMDEX 2003 - South Korean Technologies (Pics) 12/28/2003
While at COMDEX in November we couldn't help but be amazed at the offerings from the South Korean vendors. South Korea seems to be 2-years
131. The Top Mobile Device Trends of 2003 12/29/2003
Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief has taken a look back at the handheld and smart phones markets during the previous twelve months, and found som
132. RumorMill™: Apple Handheld Prototype in Circulation 12/29/2003
Despite the fact that Apple executives have said several times that their company won't be making a handheld, rumors persist. Now there is o
133. Rumors of an Impending Apple PDA Are False 12/29/2003
Every few months it becomes popular to find a small piece of evidence that supports the imminent release of an Apple PDA and blow it way out
134. Create a Custom User Interface with PPX For Pocket PC 12/30/2003
PPX For Pocket PC allows users to create a custom interface instead of using the normal, stock, Pocket PC interface.
135. MyPal A716 Not Coming Until February 12/30/2003
Recently there was word that ASUS will release the MyPal A716 Pocket PC in the U.S. in the near future. Today, however, comes the news direc
136. Sony Developing Clie with OLED Screen 12/31/2003
Sony is going to release in a few months the first handheld to use a new type of display, one that has several advantages over current LCDs.
137. Do Some After-Christmas Shopping on the Web 12/31/2003
Online retailers are currently offering a variety of handheld- and smartphone-related products at low prices.
138. ResFix 2.0 Brings Landscape VGA to Toshiba e805 12/31/2003
An updated version has been released of a system hack that allows all applications to run in VGA mode on the new Toshiba e805. ResFix 2.0 ad
139. PDA News - A716 slips to Febuary, ResFix 2.0, Clies to use OLED 12/31/2003
Asus A716 release moved to Febuary ResFix version 2.0 available; adds landscape New Sony Clies to use OLED display tech
140. Toshiba e405 / e400 Full Review 12/31/2003
The Toshiba e400 /e405 is the latest mid-range PDA release from Toshiba. This PDA line replaces the e300 line of Toshiba handhelds, and tha
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement