Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for December 2004. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2004 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
December 2004 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for December of 2004
Below are the 128 SmartPhone articles for December of 2004
One of the largest sellers of handheld computers in Asia is using M-Systems' DiskOnChip flash disk as the non-volatile storage device within
2. Nextel Now Offering BlackBerry with Bluetooth 12/1/2004
Nextel has just begun carrying the BlackBerry 7520. This isn't this company's first BlackBerry wireless handheld, but it is its first BlackB
PalmOne delivers T5 WiFi card drivers Report: Verizon XV6600s for sale New cases from Sena, Vaja
Tapwave has introduced software that allows its gaming-oriented Palm OS handhelds to use Wi-Fi SD cards. It has also posted on its web site
BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0 offers improved manageability, enhanced security, and simplified application development. End-users will a
6. Brighthand Reviews the Stowaway Travel Mouse 12/2/2004
If you are someone who has always wanted to use a mouse with your handheld -- and own a Bluetooth-enabled Pocket PC -- then Think Outside's
palmOne has released a new version of VersaMail, its email application, for the Treo 600. However, this isn't a free upgrade for current use
8. What Happened to the Motorola MPx? 12/2/2004
Today came the first word of Motorola's innovative cellular-wireless Pocket PC in months.
9. Giving Thanks for the Little Things 12/2/2004
This week in the US, and some other parts of the world, people have celebrated the holiday of giving thanks. For many, it proves to be a tim
During December and January, customers can get a different free software application for their smartphone or handheld each week from Handang
11. SantaMagic Christmas Calendar for BlackBerry Handhelds 12/3/2004
Delineo AG has created SantaMagic to bring the joy and fun of Christmas right to BlackBerry handhelds.
Bachmann Software has announced an agreement that allows Windows Mobile and Palm OS handhelds running its PrintBoy software to print to Pana
Kinoma has introduced a new multimedia application with support for industry-standard file formats and advanced compression technologies.
14. Motorola MPx Internal Pics and New Specs Information 12/3/2004
The Motorola MPx was long ago announced by Motorola, but as is typical with their Pocket PC phones to date, the difference between announcin
15. PDA News - WiFi on the Zodiac, Treo 650 hack, Vaja case 12/3/2004
WiFi SDIO card for the Tapwave Zodiac Enable Bluetooth Dial-Up Networking on Treo 650 Vaja case for Axim X50
16. Arcade Challenge -- Exclusive Clickgamer Launch 12/5/2004
Arcade Challenge is a collection of 10 single button controlled action-arcade games for the PPC
17. PDA News - Weekend Software Edition 12/5/2004
New software: Bowling Deluxe, by Deluxeware Updated software: BetaPlayer 0.094, by Picard PocketMirror XT 3.1.8, by Chapura Kinoma 3, b
18. Bejeweled 2 Hits the Web 12/6/2004
In an event that is probably as close as the handheld world is going to get to the debut of Halo 2, Astraware is now offering Bejeweled 2, t
19. HP Drops the Price on the iPAQ rz1715 12/6/2004
The list price has been cut by more than 10 percent for the closest thing HP has to an entry-level Pocket PC.
20. Motorola MPx Gets FCC Approval (Updated) 12/6/2004
Motorola now has permission to release a new cellular-wireless Pocket PC in the U.S.
21. Smartphone Users Get Free Anti-virus, Anti-spam Software 12/6/2004
To celebrate the debut of its new application that provides anti-virus and anti-spam protection to smartphones, Trend Micro is making it fre
22. When Are Too Many Options a Bad Thing? 12/6/2004
Probably the best thing about shopping online is being able to find many different prices for the same product. The amount of web shops vers
23. pointWORLD: The World at Your Fingertip 12/7/2004
pointWORLD 2.0 for Palm OS is now available. It includes a completely updated database and many new features.
GoodLink 4-0 features more Outlook-like features and support for a broader range of Pocket PC and Palm OS handhelds and smartphones.
25. JAVOedge Releases HP iPAQ h6300 Series ClearCase 12/7/2004
The new JAVOClearCase for the iPAQ h6315 is a clear plastic case designed to closely conform to the shape of this cellular-wireless handheld
iambic has released Agendus 9, a new version of its personal information manager for Palm OS handhelds and smartphones.
27. The Brighthand Guide to Buying Handheld-Related Gifts 12/7/2004
Shopping for the handheld enthusiast in your life can be very intimidating if you aren't handheld user yourself. Brighthand has some suggest
Weather Center has been designed to take the frustration and wait out of accessing weather forecasts on a Pocket PC.
29. Audiovox 6601 / Sprint PPC-6601 Pocket PC Phone Review 12/7/2004
The Sprint PPC-6601 is the same as the Audiovox 6601 Pocket PC Phone branded under the Sprint PCS Wireless provider brand. Also sold in Eu
30. Sea War - Get It for Free! 12/8/2004
Intorine has released Sea War -- a modern remake of a well-known classic battleship game.
31. JAVOedge Announces Bluetooth JAVOKeyboard 12/8/2004
The JAVOKeyboard allows users to navigate through menus, write emails, send text messages faster and easier.
32. Brando WorkShop Releases Tungsten T5 Metal Case 12/8/2004
Brando WorkShop is now offering an aluminum hard case specially designed for the new palmOne Tungsten T5.
InBoxer 2.0, announced today by Audiotrieve, offers many new performance enhancements and features, including wireless device support and Ma
34. Future Version of the Palm OS to be Based on Linux 12/8/2004
PalmSource has just announced that it is going to develop a version of the Palm OS based on Linux. It hopes that by doing so it can bring in
By acquiring a leading Chinese mobile phone software company, PalmSource will be able to bring the Palm platform to all categories of mobile
36. PalmSource to Port Palm OS on top of Linux 12/8/2004
Palm OS 6.0 hasn't even seen the light of day on any device yet, nor is there any sign it will soon. All the same, PalmSource is steering i
37. Tapwave Drops Zodiac Prices 12/9/2004
The price for the Zodiac 1 has been cut by 10 percent, while the Zodiac 2's price has been cut by about 13 percent.
38. Apple Working on a Mobile Phone? 12/9/2004
A new unconfirmed report has been published that indicates that Apple is working on a mobile phone.
39. PDA News - Motorola MPx, Pocket Tycoon, New accessories 12/9/2004
Motorola MPx gains FCC approval PocketPC version of Transport Tycoon New accessories from Brando, Javoedge, Innopocket
40. Mini Mozilla Wants to Fire Up Your PDA 12/9/2004
With the enormous success of Firefox 1.0 for the PC, Mozilla is setting its sights on other computing devices, including PDAs. The Minimo Pr
41. Jeff Kirvin to Star in a Series of Podcasts on 1SRC 12/10/2004
Jeff Kirvin, the author of Writing On Your Palm for many years, is going to do weekly podcasts for 1SRC.com.
NewsMob, a Web-based RSS and Atom news aggregator, now has the ability for members to view local weather forecasts, NNTP and Google Groups,
43. Merry Christmas from eSoft Interactive 12/10/2004
All eSoft games are 50 percent off at Clickgamer until December 31.
44. T-Mobile Is Two Years Away from 3G 12/10/2004
T-Mobile USA says that it won't have enough wireless spectrum to offer 3G service until 2007.
45. Bag of Crap Giveaway - Last Day to Win Free Stuff! 12/10/2004
That's right, get in on the bag of crap giveaway from BargainPDA.com. We've been saving stuff for no real reason and now we want to pass the
With all the latest and greatest hardware on the market, PDA gaming is finally reaching an important threshold. But give me the warm comfort
47. Palm OS for Linux -- It's a Good Thing 12/12/2004
Brighthand's Ed Hardy says that PalmSource's plan to base a future version of the Palm OS on Linux is necessary to save the company, and the
48. Siemens SX66 Pocket PC Now Available from Cingular 12/13/2004
With its built-in keyboard and multiple forms of wireless networking, this cellular-wireless Pocket PC is a direct competitor to HP's iPAQ h
49. VITO VoiceDialer 3.5 Now Available 12/13/2004
VITO Technology announces a new version of VITO VoiceDialer, its voice recognition and dialing software for Pocket PC.
Silicon Graphics has deployed 225 palmOne Treo 600 smartphones to its North American field sales and service force.
51. Another Day, Another Tiny New Memory Card Format 12/13/2004
Samsung has announced the MMCmicro format, which is one-sixth the size of a standard MMC card.
52. PDA News - Weekend Software Edition 12/13/2004
New software: Medieval Heroes II, by Arcona Magi Super Reax, by Gamazura NoviiRemote Deluxe, by NoviiMedia Updated software: PTvncHiRes
53. Where are PalmSource and palmOne Going? 12/13/2004
In the past month or so, the PalmOS world has been rocked by a couple of different news stories. Being in the news in sometimes a good thing
Using a Sprint Treo 650 on Verizon HTC Blue Angel variant SX66 showing up on Cingular site SyChip plans WiFi for MS Smartphones iPaq 1945
55. New Product -- visPassword for Palm OS 12/14/2004
With visPassword, users can easily generate new individual passwords.
56. The Parade of New Memory Card Formats Continues 12/14/2004
Lexar Media has unveiled the USB FlashCard, which is designed to work with any industry-standard USB Type A socket. The company hopes to see
57. Brando WorkShop Releases Sony Ericsson P900/910i Metal Case 12/14/2004
Brando WorkShop is now offering an aluminum hardcase for the Sony Ericsson P900/910i.
58. Verizon Either Is, or Is Not, Close to Buying Sprint 12/14/2004
Conflicting reportssay that Verizon Wireless is going to try to buy Sprint PCS, or that it isn't. At the same time, Sprint is reportedly try
59. Cingular Now Directly Offering Motorola MPx220 12/14/2004
Previously, the Motorola MPx220 could only be purchased at Best Buy stores or Amazon.com. Now this Windows Mobile smartphone can be bought d
60. Spb Software House Releases Spb Pocket PC Tips & Tricks 12/14/2004
Pocket PC Tips & Tricks is a collection of more than 200 tips and tricks on using the Pocket PC, written by ten professional Pocket PC autho
61. PDA and Tech Deals for 12/14/2004 - 12/16/2004 12/14/2004
Dell Coupon for $35 Off One-Day Only + 15% off Axim X50 + Free Shipping! (updated 12/15/2004)T-Mobile Sidekick II -- Get paid $50 After Reba
62. RIM No Longer Has Death Sentence Hanging Over its Head 12/15/2004
RIM scored a partial victory in its long-running patent-infringement case with NTP yesterday.
63. First Square Screen Pocket PC Coming Soon? 12/15/2004
Evidence has emerged that indicates that the first Pocket PC with a square screen will be announced in the near future.
64. Sprint/Nextel Merger Now Official 12/15/2004
Sprint and Nextel Communications have announced a definitive agreement for a merger. Nextel customers will be migrated onto Sprint's CDMA/EV
65. palmOne Picks its New CFO 12/15/2004
palmOne has announced the appointment of Andrew J. Brown as the company's new chief financial officer. He replaces Judy Bruner, who left the
This comprehensive English to Russian Dictionary for BlackBerry, which features 20,000 unique English terms, is designed for the needs of En
67. Wi-Fi Coming to an Airplane Near You 12/15/2004
The Federal Communications Commission has approved the use of Wi-Fi in airplanes.
Laplink Controller lets PC users view and control most Palm or Pocket PC device on a desktop or notebook screen.
SplashDatahas released free updates for SplashID and SplashPhoto. These were designed to leverage the technical capabilities of the latest P
70. Pocket PCs With Square Screens? Maybe... 12/15/2004
Handango recently sent out an email to its partners looking for software to promote in a special marketing campaign. This is of course inter
71. Wi-Fi Comes to the Treo 650 12/16/2004
A resourceful developer has found a way to let palmOne's latest smartphone use a Wi-Fi SD card.
72. Cornice Preparing Shock-Resistant Microdrive 12/16/2004
Cornice is close to releasing a microdrive that is much more rugged than previous models.
73. Verizon Offering Pocket PC with EV-DO Support 12/16/2004
Verizon Wireless is now carrying a new high-end cellular-wireless Pocket PC. What many people will find most interesting about the XV6600 is
To make up for the inefficient way the Treo 650 allocates memory, palmOne is offering users of this device a free 128 MB SD card.
75. How to Choose a PDA Trilogy 12/16/2004
During the past few months we've been posting editorial articles each week related to how to go about buying a PDA and what your PDA can be
76. Palm OS Driver for Pretec GPS SD Card Now Available 12/17/2004
iGolf Technologies is now offering directly to the public its driver that allows Palm OS handhelds to use the the Pretec GPS SD card.
77. ICANN Gives Preliminary Approval to .MOBI Domain 12/17/2004
A new domain for web sites that are intended solely for handhelds and smartphones has received preliminary approval from ICANN.
78. palmOne Reports Third Profitable Quarter in a Row 12/17/2004
palmOne earned a tidy profit during its most recent financial quarter, the latest in a string of profitable quarters that the company expect
WiFi card drivers for Treo 650 Verizon announces XV6600 EVDO PocketPC phone PalmOne reports earnings; stock drops heavily New cases from
80. ZeChangeableKbd 2.0 for VGA & HiRES 12/20/2004
ZeChangeableKbd is a software keyboard available for many character sets and key arrangements. It supports all the display modes of Windows
InnoPocket announces a new protective metal case for the HP iPAQ hx2100, hx2410, and hx2750.
83. PDA News - Weekend Software Edition 12/20/2004
New software: Spb Tips and Tricks, by Spb Software Axim X50 Audio Mixer, by emulamer WinORules Golf Rules, by WinORules Li-Nuggz X-mas,
84. Audiovox SMT5600 / Orange SPV C500 First Thoughts 12/20/2004
I recently purchased the Audiovox SMT5600 (same as the Orange SPV C500 in Europe). Upon release in October the SMT5600 was available only on
85. The Wait for the ASUS A730w Is Finally Over 12/21/2004
An online retailer in the U.S. has begin shipping the Wi-Fi version of the ASUS MyPal A730. This Pocket PC also has a VGA screen, two kinds
86. Backup Cards Now Support Tungsten T5, Treo 650 12/21/2004
palmOne has released an update that allows the Tungsten T5 and Treo 650 to use some of the backup SD cards on the market.
87. Apple Talks About Mobile Phone Plans 12/21/2004
Apple and Motorola could soon unveil a mobile phone with iTunes support as early as next month.
88. Announcing PixFrame v1.2 for Pocket PCs 12/21/2004
Whenever the Pocket PC is placed in its cradle, PixFrame automatically starts a slideshow of the pictures stored in the desktop PC.
89. Tungsten E Reaches the 1.5 Million Mark 12/21/2004
palmOne announced today that it has sold 1.5 million Tungsten E units worldwide in 14 months.
90. New Belkin Mini Keyboard for Dell Axim Handhelds 12/21/2004
Belkin announces a new SnapNType Mini Keyboard for Dell Axim X30/X3i handhelds.
91. Another Trojan Threatens Symbian Smartphones 12/21/2004
METAL Gear.a encourages mobile phone users to install it by masquerading as a Symbian version of the popular Metal Gear Solid game.
The latest version of Spb Finance lets Pocket PC users synchronize their finance data between Spb Finance and Microsoft Money.
93. Which Wireless Solution Offers the Best Mobility? 12/21/2004
Lately, the talk in the mobile computing space has centered on companies who are merging and emerging newer, faster technologies for a riche
94. RIM Announces Yet Another Very Profitable Quarter 12/22/2004
The maker of the BlackBerry line of cellular-wireless handhelds has reported the results of its most recent financial quarter. As has happen
95. X-Ray Scanners in Airports No Danger to Memory Cards 12/22/2004
Recent tests found no evidence of X-ray scanner damage to removable memory cards or to the data stored on them.
Opera Software has released a preview version of the Opera browser for Windows Mobile smartphones.
97. PDA and Tech Deals for 12/22/2004 - 12/24/2004 12/22/2004
Dell Coupon for $45 Off $450+ Purchase One-Day Only. Also 15% off Axim X50 + Free Shipping!palmOne Treo 650 (Sprint) $370 After Rebatespalm
98. PDA News - New Acer PocketPCs, Benq P50, Asus A730W shipping 12/22/2004
Three new PocketPCs from Acer Benq P50 preorders for $450 Asus A730 with WiFi finally shipping
99. Upcoming SD Card Also Acts as USB Flash Drive 12/23/2004
A Taiwanese company has come up with the Double Card, an SD card that can also be plugged directly into a USB port.
100. Next-Generation Clio Coming in April 12/23/2004
Data Evolution has announced the approximate release date and price for an upcoming device that skirts the line between handheld, laptop, an
101. Seidio Treo 650 Car Charger & Travel Charger 12/23/2004
Seidio now offers two different options for recharging a palmOne Treo 650 while on the go.
102. Qtopia 2.1 PDA Edition Released Under GPL License 12/23/2004
The latest version of Trolltech's user interface for Linux-based handhelds is now available as a free download.
103. Claviature - an Innovative Keyboard for Pocket PC 12/23/2004
Claviature 1.00 for Pocket PC is a text input method combining large keys and a small screen footprint.
104. Review - palmOne Treo 650 12/23/2004
I don't care what anyone says about the Treo 650's memory issues, lack of WiFi support, limited Bluetooth functionality, poor sound quality,
Intorine has released Allure Games Pack 2.0, a set of logic and puzzle games for the Pocket PC.
106. Samsung SCH-i730 Approved by FCC 12/24/2004
Samsung has already publicly shown its upcoming SCH-i730 device with a slide-out keyboard, but today the FCC posted documents showing test r
107. FCC Reveals More Samsung i730 Info 12/26/2004
The FCC has given Samsung permission to release the SCH-i730 in the United States, and therefore has posted some additional information abou
108. Brighthand Reviews the HP iPAQ rz1715 12/27/2004
While the iPAQ rz1715 is definitely a "bare-bones" model, it's good enough to satisfy most first-time handheld users, and it has some growth
109. Brighthand Reviews the HP iPAQ rz1715 -- Part II 12/27/2004
110. PDA and Tech Deals for 12/27/2004 - 12/29/2004 12/27/2004
Dell Axim X50v 624MHz Handheld $389 after $35 off coupon code, Today Only!Navman PiN 100 Portable GPS Pocket PC $409 shipped freepalmOne Tre
111. The Best PDA Software Gifts are Free (Or, Cost Little) 12/27/2004
In this season of giving, we at BargainPDA would like to highlight a few websites that offer free and low cost software to deck your handhel
112. palmOne Markets Popular Weight-Management Software Titles 12/28/2004
palmOne has announced the availability of three new mobile applications based on some of the most well-known weight-management and lifestyle
113. PalmSource Announces a Profitable Quarter 12/28/2004
PalmSource has reported a net income of $2.1 million, or 14 cents per share, during its most recent financial quarter.
114. The First 3 GB SD Card on the Way 12/28/2004
Microdia has become the first company in the world to announce a 3 GB SD card.
115. LandWare's 2005 Wine Enthusiast Guide Now Available 12/28/2004
The Wine Enthusiast Guide 2005 Edition for Palm Powered and Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC devices offers access up-to-date details, reviews
116. Review - Sakar International Debuts "Berry" Device For Kids 12/28/2004
Well, it's not really BlackBerry, they're being dubbed "Berry" and come in Straw, Blue, Grey and Grape flavors. Somewhat more appropriate th
117. The Most Important Handheld-Related Events of 2004 12/29/2004
Brighthand has picked out the top five most significant events of the last twelve months. These were the developments that had the largest e
PowerFile 1.00 is a full-featured file manager for the Nokia 9500 Communicator.
119. New Cellular-Wireless Pocket PC Announced by E-TEN 12/29/2004
A Taiwanese company has just announced the M500, a quad-band GSM/GPRS Pocket PC with Bluetooth and a camera.
120. BoxWave FlexiSkin Case for the Treo 650 12/29/2004
The FlexiSkin for the Treo 650 allows direct access to the keyboard and comes in two colors, Frosted Clear and Future Blue.
The Leonard Maltin Movie Guide lets smartphone users keep track of the films they watch, rent, and own wherever they are.
122. First Thoughts - Asus A730W (Pics, specs) 12/29/2004
After months of delay, the dual-wireless version of the Asus A730 is finally shipping. Besides adding WiFi, the A730W also adds 128 MB of RA
123. ASUS P505 Gets FCC Approval 12/30/2004
ASUS has received approval to release in the United States a new cellular-wireless Pocket PC.
124. Japan Loaning Handhelds to Tourists (Updated) 12/30/2004
A Japanese government ministry is testing the feasibility of loaning handhelds to tourists to help them get around in Tokyo.
NetRemote allows users to transform their Pocket PC's into remote controls to manage their digital media libraries, control their PC's and h
126. Pocket Watch Software Releases ActivePrint TG 12/30/2004
ActivePrint TG allows users to print documents from their Pocket PC while not being required to have Microsoft ActiveSync installed on a des
127. Wireless Carriers Working on Super 3G 12/31/2004
Companies from all over the world are starting work on a new high-speed cellular-wireless networking standard.
128. PDA and Tech Deals for 12/31/04 - 1/2/05 12/31/2004
Dell Axim X50v VGA Screen PDA $399 after Coupon Code, Free Shipping, Today Only!Computers4sure: palmOne Zire 72 Handheld $200 shipped after
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement