Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for December 2005. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2005 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
December 2005 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for December of 2005
Below are the 83 SmartPhone articles for December of 2005
The latest version of Astraware Sudoku allows users to download the Puzzle of the Day over the air using connected devices.
2. Palm LifeDrive Update 2.0 Released 12/1/2005
Palm has released a significant update to the LifeDrive. The most important changes include improved WiFi performance, better audio quality
3. Palm Releases LifeDrive System Update 12/2/2005
Palm has posted on its web site a highly-anticipated ROM update for its LifeDrive mobile manager. This makes a number of improvements to the
4. AutoSync 1.1 Released 12/2/2005
AutoSync makes Palm OS handhelds synchronize in a manner similar to the way Pocket PCs do. The handheld begins to synchronize automatically
Opera Mobile to make debut in January Samsung shows flexible 7" display Korean PocketPC with built-in TV
6. Palm Treo 700w Manual Posted 12/4/2005
The FCC has published the manual and a few other goodies regarding the Palm Treo 700w due out on Verizon at the end of this month, or early
7. VITO Voice2Go Updated for Windows Mobile 5.0 12/5/2005
8. Treo 700w Appears on Verizon Site (Updated) 12/5/2005
Verizon has posted an ad for Palm's first Windows Mobile smartphone on its web site, confirming that this device will be called the Treo 700
9. TV Guide Mobile Launched 12/5/2005
TV Guide Mobile is a new television listings and content service for Palm OS and Windows Mobile.
10. Ok, So I Have a Wireless PDA, What Do I Do Next? 12/5/2005
Here at BargainPDA, we have a really great tradition in our forums of helping people who are looking to purchase a PDA either for the first
11. Blue Nomad Introduces Nomad Security Suite for Palm OS 12/6/2005
Blue Nomad has released the Nomad Security Suite, a collection of security related applications for Palm OS handhelds and smartphones.
Street Duel: Underground Racing is a 3D driving game based on the dark street racing subculture.
13. Verizon Posts Palm Treo 700w Notification Page 12/6/2005
Verizon has posted a page that will let you sign up for a notification as soon as you can order the Treo 700w. Palm told us they expect a fo
The latest version of Wine Enthusiast Guide now contains every wine reviewed by Wine Enthusiast, enhanced cellar management tools, expanded
15. Cingular Launches High-Speed HSDPA Service in U.S. 12/7/2005
Cingular Wireless has officially begun offering service on its fastest cellular wireless network yet.
Microsoft representatives have just announced that their company will release applications that will allow Windows Mobile Smartphone users t
Adaptation Kit Update 2 for Windows Mobile 5 HP to rebrand iPaq hw6700 as hw6900? Cingular close to releasing Faraday, Wizard
18. New Survey Gives Updated Picture of Pocket PC Users 12/8/2005
Spb Software House has announced the results of its second annual global survey of Pocket PC users.
19. HP iPAQ hw6515 Mobile Messenger First Thoughts 12/8/2005
Despite being introduced towards the beginning of 2005 and available in Europe for several months, the HP iPAQ hw6515 has just recently been
Spb surver results illuminate PocketPC usage Rumor: Palm to launch Linux-based smartphones IEEE approves mobile WiMax standard
21. Download Popular Ringtones for Your BlackBerry 12/9/2005
Handango has unveiled Ringphonic, a robust ringtone jukebox for BlackBerry devices.
According to a global research and consulting company, the Palm Treo 650 is the highest-rated converged device in the United States.
23. First Version of Motorola Q Will Be CDMA 12/9/2005
A representative for Motorola has announced that the first version of his company's upcoming, highly-anticipated smartphone will be CDMA, no
First hint of next generation Windows Mobile OS Gartner: Stop deploying Blackberries Loox N560 to include VGA, 802.11g, kitchen sink
25. HP iPAQ hw4500 Smart Phone (Picture) 12/11/2005
It's a rumor at this point, but the pictures make it look pretty real. Whether or not HP intends to release this smartphone is another issue
26. Slingbox for Windows Mobile in Development 12/12/2005
Soon Windows Mobile users will be able to watch everything they could on their home TV... but on their handheld or smartphone.
27. A Glimpse Into the Future of Windows Mobile 12/12/2005
Microsoft has given the world a very brief overview of its plans for future versions of the Windows Mobile platform.
28. HP's First Windows Mobile Smartphone May Be Nearing Release 12/12/2005
According to an unconfirmed report, HP's first device running Windows Mobile for Smartphone may be coming soon.
29. JAVOedge.com's Christmas and New Years Sale - 15 Percent Off 12/12/2005
JAVOedge is offering 15 percent off any purchase their cases, cables and other peripherals during this holiday season.
30. Review - Sprint PPC-6700 PocketPC Phone 12/12/2005
It seems to be the current vogue that every new smartphone gets 15 minutes of being called a "Treo killer." But for the PPC 6700, is this ov
The New York Times has published an extensive interview with Palm's CEO. In it, he talks about the future of the Palm OS and handhelds and s
32. Mobile WiMax Approved by IEEE 12/13/2005
An IEEE committee has given its approval to an emerging wireless networking standard that is expected to compete with 3G and 4G cellular wir
33. MiTAC Makes the Mio A201 Official 12/13/2005
MiTAC has unveiled the Mio A201, its latest GPS-enabled Pocket PC.
34. Pockster Software Releases TerrasatPix USA 12/13/2005
TerrasatPix USA lets Pocket PC users view images of locations in the United States.
35. Cingular 2125 Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone Available Now 12/13/2005
The Cingular 2125 Smartphone is now available for $199 after 2-year contract. The 2125 is the first Windows Mobile 5 Smartphone and brings a
36. Take Home a Pocket Full of Chuzzles Today 12/14/2005
Astraware and PopCap have released a new game starring Chuzzles, googly-eyed little balls of fur.
37. Brighthand's First Impressions of the Motorola Q 12/14/2005
Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief recently had an opportunity to spend a bit of time with a highly-anticipated smartphone, the Motorola Q.
38. Cingular Launches Windows Mobile-Powered Smartphone 12/14/2005
Cingular Wireless is now offering the 2125, a new Windows Mobile Smartphone with a QVGA screen and Bluetooth.
39. Brighthand's First Impressions of the Motorola Q -- Part II 12/14/2005
40. Ringo Mobile Now Available for Pocket PC 12/14/2005
Electric Pocket has launched a Pocket PC Phone Edition version of its application that lets users customize their phones with personal ringt
41. Brighthand Reviews Socket's Mobile Power Pack 12/15/2005
Ed Hardy takes a look at a battery pack that can recharge a handheld or smartphone when the user is away from electrical sockets.
Roy Bedlow previously was director of Palm EMEA's Wireless Business Unit, responsible for the Treo family of smartphones and alliances with
43. Plazmoids! -- Space Arcade Game from Intorine 12/15/2005
Plazmoids! is a space shooting game for Palm OS with 3D-style graphics with animation, quality sound effects, and addictive techno music.
44. Remo Makes Mobile Phones into PDAs 12/15/2005
Remo is a software application that provides access to email, contacts, and calendar data on standard mobile phones.
45. Zagat Restaurant Guide Released for BlackBerry 12/15/2005
Zagat Survey has launched ZAGAT TO GO a BlackBerry version of the company's restaurant and nightlife guide.
46. Visto Accuses Microsoft of Patent Infringement 12/15/2005
Visto has just filed suit, claiming that Microsoft's mobile email system violates three patents Visto has held for almost ten years.
47. ThunderHawk Browser Comes to S60 12/15/2005
Bitstream has released a version of its ThunderHawk web browser for smartphones running Nokia's S60.
48. When PR Departments Attack! 12/15/2005
The purpose of a Public Relations department is to provide a positive public face for a company or a product. So why is it that some PR depa
49. Motorola Q Coming to Verizon 12/16/2005
An FCC document makes it clear that Verizon will be the first wireless carrier to offer Motorola's upcoming smartphone.
50. cPC Will Be Both a Laptop and a Handheld (Updated) 12/16/2005
An upcoming device from DualCor Technologies will run both Windows Mobile and Windows XP. Update: A great deal of new information, as well a
51. Treo 700w Will Be Released in January 12/16/2005
The online handheld software retailer Handango has leaked the approximate release date for the first Windows Mobile Treo.
52. Google Introduces Mobile Version of Gmail 12/16/2005
Google has launched a mobile version of its Web-based email service.
53. Give Me Integration Not another Application 12/16/2005
I have a friend who is an application developer and is looking to purchase his first PDA. And while most would send him off to a lower-price
54. PDA News - Treo rumors, Mobile GMail, Tablet PC smartphone? 12/17/2005
Report: Treo 700w to debut during or around CES GMail launches mobile-optimized version DualCor seeks to combine XP tabletPC, WM smartphon
55. First Look: Nokia 770 Internet Tablet 12/18/2005
So is this a Tablet or PDA? More on that debate in our full review. Our first impression is that this most certainly is a hell of a fun digi
56. Updated Versions of Skype for Pocket PC in Beta 12/19/2005
A pair of new beta versions of Skype for Pocket PC are now available. One of these brings support for handhelds with slower processors.
57. PalmSource Announces Latest Powered Up Award Winners 12/19/2005
These applications have received an award created to celebrate innovation in the Palm OS developer community.
58. Can Convergence Really Be Our Future? 12/19/2005
I have seen a bit of a change, not only in my use of technology, but in everyday use of technology by all people. More than just being conne
59. T-Mobile USA Still a Year Away from 3G 12/20/2005
T-Mobile USA is still lagging well behind its competitors in offering high-speed wireless service.
60. Patent Office Likely to Decide Against NTP 12/20/2005
Although the Patent Office has not yet declared invalid the five patents held by NTP that are at the heart of its lawsuit against RIM, it ha
BargainPDA.com is giving away a couple of cool prizes this holiday season. In our goody bag we have the Palm Treo 650, a prize for those th
NYT: USPTO to invalidate NTP patents Pre-release Treo 700w review Palm releases quarterly results T-Mobile still one year away from
Palm blew the doors off the barn with a fantastic financial quarter. On their conference call Palm has confirmed the Treo 700w is on time, w
64. Palm Has Yet Another Quarter of Profits, Stellar Growth 12/21/2005
During its most recent financial quarter, Palm earned $24.4 million and its revenues went up 18 percent.
65. Four New Smartphones Coming from Palm Next Year 12/21/2005
In addition to the Windows Mobile Treo, Palm's CEO has revealed how many other new Treo models will be announced in 2006. Other sources have
66. Explore the World of Riven on Your Pocket PC 12/21/2005
A Pocket PC version of a classic computer game has just been released.
67. Palm Confirms Treo 700w Name 12/22/2005
Palm has given up its charade and confirmed the name rumors had given to its first Windows Mobile smartphone.
68. Apple Newton Museum Closing Its Doors, Selling Collection 12/22/2005
A web site dedicated to the original PDA is shutting down and selling off its collection.
69. Start Your Own Apple Newton Museum 12/22/2005
That's right, now is the time to get in on the exploding Apple Newton Museum business. The Newton Museum is closing its virtual doors and pl
70. Research In Motion's Revenues Up Almost Incredibly 12/23/2005
During its most recent financial quarter, RIM saw its revenue go up 53 percent from the same period of last year.
71. Giving to Those When Your Needs Are Met 12/23/2005
One of the hallmarks of the holiday season is the idea that this is the best time to give to those who are not as well off or who have had s
72. Super Deluxe Theme Pack Has Been Released 12/24/2005
Simbsoft new Super Deluxe Theme Pack contains more than 500 Today Screen themes.
73. Price for Treo 700w Leaked 12/27/2005
One of the most vital facts about Palm's first Windows Mobile smartphone is now available for the first time.
74. Vote for the Winner of a Palm Treo 650 and Palm Treo TripKit 12/27/2005
Last week we finished running a contest for a Treo TripKit and Palm Treo 650 in which we asked what people could do with a Treo 650 to help
75. RelLab Introduces StormLine II: the Deep Fallen 12/28/2005
RelLab has released a turn-based strategy game which allows Pocket PC users to control net forces.
76. In Praise of Older Handhelds 12/28/2005
Just because new handhelds are out with features that make you drool doesn't mean that your current device should be thrown away.
77. HP iPAQ hw6515 Mobile Messenger Review 12/28/2005
The HP iPAQ hw6515 Mobile Messenger isn't pushing the boundaries of any technology, but it's a solid device. It's very easy to use, with the
78. Samsung i830 Finally Coming Out 12/29/2005
According to rumor, Verizon intends to replace the Samsung i730 with a device that offers both CDMA and GSM/GPRS.
79. Joker's Quest II Released 12/29/2005
The new Joker's Quest II - Revenge of the Bosses is a funny, action/strategy game for Pocket PCs.
80. The Nokia 770 Internet Tablet - Full Review 12/29/2005
The Nokia 770 Internet Tablet is a device in a class of its own. It is not a Tablet PC. It is not a PDA. It's not a phone or a portable gami
81. Your Planet Needs You - Moonfighter! 12/30/2005
Moonfighter is a gravity-based shoot-em-up for both Palm OS and Pocket PC.
82. Astraware's Annual Hogmanay Party 12/30/2005
To celebrate the Scottish New Year, each day for two weeks Astraware will be offering a different product with at least half off.
83. OtterBox 1910 Waterproof Case for HP 6500 12/30/2005
The Otterbox 1910 is an excellent choice if you need a rugged case for the HP iPAQ 6500 devices. It performed very well in underwater tests
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement