Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for December 2006. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2006 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
December 2006 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for December of 2006
Below are the 55 SmartPhone articles for December of 2006
Garmin has discontinued its last two Windows Mobile-based devices, leaving it with just a single GPS-enabled handheld, the Palm OS-based iQu
2. Most Popular PDAs and Smartphones of November 2006 12/1/2006
Each month, Brighthand publishes a list of the most popular handhelds and smartphones. Fall is the time for new devices, and this month's li
PDAmill Introduces Arvale: Short Tales Astraware Gift Certificates Available YourCall for Palm Treo Updated
4. Apple Developing Some Kind of Wireless Device 12/3/2006
A fresh burst of activity in the iPhone rumor mill was set off last week by the U.S. Patent Office giving Apple a patent on a casing for a w
5. The Consequences of Mobile Computing 12/3/2006
In his latest editorial, Antoine Wright shares his thoughts on what could mean for our society when everyone is constantly connected to the
6. Nokia N75 May Be Coming to Cingular 12/4/2006
According to an unconfirmed report, Cingular Wireless will soon begin offering a music-oriented smartphone from Nokia.
7. Copy Movies Onto a Pocket PC with Spb Mobile DVD 12/4/2006
Spb Software House has just released Spb Mobile DVD 1.0, a Windows application that allows users to convert DVDs and video files into a reso
8. Palm Committed to Windows Vista Support 12/4/2006
Palm, Inc. is close to releasing a new version of its PC synchronization software that will be compatible with Microsoft's new operating sys
9. Treo 650 Being Phased Out 12/4/2006
Palm's official web store in the U.S. is no longer offering the Treo 650 smartphone.
If an unconfirmed report is correct, HTC plans to release a Windows Mobile Smartphone with a QWERTY keyboard that can be hidden behind its s
Ascender Personality Kit introduced for Windows Mobile 5.0 Search for Videos with Orb's MyCasting Service 366 Hymn Stories Available as
12. Verizon Supposedly Launching Black Motorola Q Next Week 12/6/2006
Verizon intends to introduce a black version of the Motorola Q in just a few days, according to an unconfirmed report.
13. Treo 680 Introduced by Rogers Wireless in Canada 12/6/2006
Just a week or so after being launched in the U.S., Palm Inc.'s latest smartphone, the Treo 680, is now available from Rogers Wireless in Ca
Next year, Microsoft will introduce update for Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PCs that will bring Office 2007 support to these devices.
15. FCC Approves OQO model 2 12/6/2006
OQO has received approval from the Federal Communications Commission to release an updated version of its tiny Windows PC.
16. Samsung Announces i600 WM Smartphone 12/7/2006
Samsung has officially announced the i600, its latest Windows Mobile Smartphone, which will offer support for 3G cellular-wireless networkin
Palm, Inc. has just announced an agreement with Access that will allow it to keep using Palm OS Garnet in its handhelds and smartphones for
18. Back to the Future with Palm 12/7/2006
In his latest editorial, Ed Hardy asks, "Now that Palm, Inc. is essentially back to the same point it was in 2003, what's going to happen ne
19. Nokia Delays High-End Smartphone 12/8/2006
The Nokia N95, which was originally scheduled to ship during the first quarter of next year, will not make that deadline.
Many of the most popular smartphones bear the Windows Mobile logo, but anyone considering buying one of these should be aware that there are
In a recent interview, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer dismissed many rival operating systems for smartphones as "niche players".
22. Is this the Nokia E90? 12/9/2006
Recently, some very sketchy details have emerged on what might be a future cellular-wireless handheld from Nokia.
23. Astraware Glyph Review 12/10/2006
Antoine Wright has been playing Astraware's latest puzzle game as much as the battery on his smartphone will let him.
24. RIM Sues Samsung for Using the Name ''BlackJack'' 12/11/2006
Research in Motion has filed a lawsuit in a United States federal court, claiming that one of Samsung's products violates a trademark held b
25. Access Quietly Admits ALP's Release Date Has Slipped 12/11/2006
When Access Systems officially unveiled an early version of its upcoming operating system in February, the company said its goal was to get
26. Palm Kicks Off Worldwide Marketing Campaign 12/11/2006
Palm, Inc. today launched a $25 million worldwide marketing campaign to generate mainstream awareness of its Treo line of smartphones.
27. Companies Pushing the Limits in Mobile Technologies 12/12/2006
Recently, two companies have announced that they have made significant improvements in technologies that can be used in future mobile device
28. Office 2007 Support Coming to Documents To Go 12/12/2006
DataViz is promising that its suite of applications that lets Palm OS users access Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files will support
29. Motorola Q Black Debuts from Verizon 12/12/2006
Verizon Wireless was the first carrier worldwide to offer the Motorola Q. Today, it joined the select group of carriers offering this Window
Extended Battery Available for Treo 680 Astraware Planning Games for Symbian Smartphones Palm Names Senior Vice President, Marketing
31. WM Smartphone Support Added to Skype 12/13/2006
The newly released beta version of Skype 2.2 for Windows Mobile is the first that offers support for WM Smartphones. It also extends the num
32. Head-to-Head Review of Navigation Software for Palm OS 12/13/2006
As many people get ready to travel during this holiday season, Brighthand forum moderator Magellan has a review comparing three Palm OS appl
33. SplashShopper Now Available for Windows Mobile 12/14/2006
SplashData has just introduced a Windows Mobile version of its popular list manager application.
34. i-mate JAQ Review 12/14/2006
Brighthand's chief reviewer has some especially caustic things to say about one of i-mate's Pocket PC smartphones.
New Tiny GPS Receiver Introduced by Emtac Treo 700wx Launched in Venezuela New SnapperMail Version Available
36. Browsing Down the Right Pipe 12/15/2006
Antoine Wright points out in his latest editorial that RSS might just be the solution most mobile device users have been looking for to let
37. Pocket Tunes Version 4.0 Released 12/15/2006
The new version of the popular Palm OS application Pocket Tunes sports a brand new interface, a shareable Internet radio catalog, album art
38. Palm VP Promises Treo 700p Update 12/15/2006
One of Palm's vice presidents has promised a software patch to fix some user's problems with the Treo 700p.
39. Treo 700wx Comes to Alltel 12/17/2006
A mid-tier U.S. carrier, Alltel Wireless, in now offering the Palm Treo 700wx, a Pocket PC phone.
Electric Pocket Launches Ringo Ringtone Manager for Windows Mobile Smartphones Securely Lock S60 Smartphones with Phone Guardian Brando
41. Palm and Orange France Announce Treo 680 12/19/2006
When it was first introduced, the Treo 680 was touted by Palm as a global device, and some recent announcements have proved that fact.
Zi Corporation's eZiText and Decuma technologies will be built into Access Systems' upcoming operating system.
43. Say Hello to the iPhone... from Linksys? 12/19/2006
The long-awaited iPhone is now available; it just doesn't even vaguely resemble what people were expecting.
44. Palm Results Pushed Down by Treo 750 Delays 12/19/2006
As the company had warned a few weeks ago, Palm Inc.'s profits and revenues for its most recent financial quarter were not as high as origin
45. Just Mobile 802.11g Wi-Fi SDIO Card Review 12/20/2006
Adama D. Brown brings us a review of Just Mobile's Wi-Fi card. The claim to fame of this SDIO card isn't just its low profile, but the fact
46. Best Look So Far at HTC's Next ''Uber'' Device 12/20/2006
New pictures are available of what is supposedly an upcoming cellular-wireless handheld from HTC with a unique design.
47. Number of BlackBerry Users Reaches 7 Million 12/21/2006
RIM has just reported the results of its most recent financial quarter, during which its revenues and number of subscribers were up strongly
48. Mobile Tech News -- PhatPad, Slingbox, and Treo 680 12/22/2006
PhatPad 4.0 Now Available SlingPlayer Mobile Now Supports the Latest Windows Mobile Smartphones Treo 680 Launched in Singapore
49. Need A Last Minute Gift? 12/23/2006
Christmas is almost here, and if there's a mobile device user on your gift list, the Brighthand Store is now offering gift certificates. The
50. BoxWave Styra 3-in-1 Stylus/Pen Review 12/26/2006
In his latest review, Adama D. Brown looks at BoxWave's Styra line of stylus replacements. These offer users additional features, including
51. HTC Athena Will Almost Be a UMPC 12/26/2006
Over the last week or so, details have been emerging on HTC's next big device. According to the latest unconfirmed information, the Athena
52. The Secret Sauce of Usability 12/27/2006
In his latest editorial, Antoine Wright gives his thoughts on how to make devices that will appeal to a wide variety of people.
53. Tatung Making Its Own Windows Mobile UMPC 12/27/2006
The web has been buzzing recently with reports of the HTC Athena, a UMPC-like device that will run Windows Mobile. More recently, Tatung has
54. System Software Update Released for Dell Axim X50 Series 12/29/2006
Dell has posted on its support web site a system software update for Axim X50 series models that have been updated to Windows Mobile 5.0.
55. Mobile Tech News -- Hogmanay Party and i-mate Repairs 12/30/2006
Astraware Announces Annual Hogmanay Party PocketPCTechs.com Named Official U.S. and Canadian i-mate Repair Center
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement