Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for February 2005. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2005 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
February 2005 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for February of 2005
Below are the 136 SmartPhone articles for February of 2005
1. GSM Version of Treo 650 Debuts... in New Zealand 2/1/2005
Cingular isn't going to be the first wireless service provider to offer the GSM version of the Treo 650 after all.
Hitachi's new FLORA-ie MX1 has an impressive feature set that includes just about everything one could want in a high-end handheld.
Handango has released a Pocket PC version of its device-resident download client for smartphones and wireless handhelds.
4. Chinese New Year Skin Pack for Spb Time 2/1/2005
Anticipating the Chinese New Year, Spb Software House has released a pack of stylized Chinese skins for its Spb Time application.
5. Cingular Makes the GSM palmOne Treo 650 Official 2/1/2005
Quickly after their Treo 650 product page was discovered last night, Cingular made the 650 official releasing it today. The price on their p
The GSM version of the palmOne Treo 650 is easily the most anticipated Smartphone release in the past several months. The on again off again
7. Treo 650 Now Available Through Cingular 2/2/2005
As expected, Cingular Wireless began offering the Treo 650 today. In addition, palmOne is selling an unlocked version of its latest smartpho
Pocket PC Techsis now able to repair or replace the touchscreen on the Dell Axim X50 series.
9. HP Pre-announces New Cellular-Wireless iPAQ 2/2/2005
HP has announced plans to release later this year a cellular-wireless handheld called the iPAQ Mobile Messenger. It also says this will be j
10. PalmSource Delivers Java to Treo 650 and Tungsten T5 2/2/2005
PalmSource has released a version of IBM's WebSphere Everyplace Micro Environment for two of palmOne's recent devices.
11. Clickgamer Launches New Space Shooter 2/2/2005
Blazar is a classic arcade-style sidescrolling shoot-em-up game situated in space. It is available for Pocket PC, Smartphone, Series 60, an
12. First Clamshell VGA Pocket PC Phone Unveiled 2/2/2005
T-Mobile Germany has just taken the wraps off the MDA IV, the first cellular-wireless Pocket PC to include a VGA screen.
The MDA IV will be declared by some as the perfect PDA/phone combo unit. It features a swivel screen, integrated keyboard, and support for G
14. PDA and Tech Deals for 2/2/2005 - 2/4/2005 2/2/2005
palmOne.com 20% Off Coupon Codes -- Tungsten T5 $319 with Free Wireless KeyboardDell.com Coupons and Dell Axim X50v $384 DealKingston 256MB
Outgoing PalmOne CEO gets $2.4 million payout Report: HP to demonstrate iPaq 'mobile messenger' PPC phone Hitachi to push Zaurus style Poc
16. Resco Explorer Adds Backup and Network Connectivity 2/3/2005
Resco Explorer has expanded by adding a backup solution built around a super-fast compression engine.
Several pictures are now available of the iPAQ Mobile Messenger, HP's upcoming cellular-wireless Pocket PC.
18. Symbian OS 9 Debuts 2/3/2005
Symbian OS 9 includes numerous improvements intended to bring about smaller, less expensive, and even more capable Symbian-powered smartphon
Handango, has launched Handango UK, Handango France, and Handango Germany. These sites feature content and products optimized for each count
According to a law firm, Sierra Wireless' plan to launch a Windows Mobile smartphone was was flawed, and its business model did not work. It
As we told you in early January, HP is working on a replacement to the poorly designed iPAQ h6315. According to rumors, the new iPAQ hw6500
22. PalmSource Completes Acquisition of China MobileSoft 2/4/2005
PalmSource has completed its purchase of the Chinese mobile phone software company that will help it create Palm OS for Linux.
At its U.S. Developers Conference, PalmSource will release the latest information on Palm OS for Linux, Palm OS Cobalt, and show off the lat
24. palmOne Quickly Raises Price of Unlocked Treo 650 2/4/2005
Just a day after beginning to offer an unlocked version of its latest smartphone, palmOne already raised the price by $100.
Over the past few hours palmOne compounded the damage already done (releasing the Treo 650 with a poor memory configuration, weak and neuter
Detailed iPaq hw6500 pics and specs PalmSource completes acquisiton of China MobileSoft Report: March release date on Verizon for Samsung
27. PDA News - Weekend Software Edition 2/6/2005
New software: Spb Clone, by Spb Software Blazar, by Element Interactive ShapeShifter, by Astraware Chinese New Year skin pack for Spb Ti
The latest version of PhatNotes Smartphone Edition now supports Windows Mobile 2003-based Smartphone devices and new networks, such as Cingu
ECTACO PhraseBooks for Pocket PC includes three thousand common, frequently-used phrases that are helpful when travellers get in sticky situ
30. It's Time for More Clamshell Handhelds 2/7/2005
Brighthand's Ed Hardy urges more handheld makers to produce devices that have a clamshell design because, with their relatively large built-
PN Technologies' latest cables work with just about any type of serial device that one would wish to connect to a Tungsten T5 or Treo 650.
Reportedly, Palm OS smartphone developed for Sprint has been canceled and will never be released.
33. Brighthand Launches Palm OS, Pocket PC RSS Feeds 2/7/2005
To the RSS feed with all its recent content, Brighthand is adding one that gives only Palm OS news and another that gives only Pocket PC new
34. Asus A730W Review 2/7/2005
When it was first announced, the Asus A730W was the first PocketPC to feature a VGA screen, dual wireless, and dual expansion. After many de
35. How to Choose A PDA IV: Upgrading 2/7/2005
In the past four months, BargainPDA has produced a series of articles designed to help you choose what PDA model can work best for you. From
36. palmOne May Make Handheld with Folding Display 2/8/2005
A pair of engineers at palmOne recently recieved a patent on a cellular-wireless handheld with a folding display.
37. Audiovox SMT5600 Windows SmartPhone Review 2/8/2005
The Audiovox SMT5600 (as sold in the U.S., it is also known as the Orange SPV C500, HTC Typhoon, Qtek 8010, Dopod 565 and i-mate Smarpthone
Sprint cancels plans for i550 Rumors of PalmOne device with foldable screen Report: Enfora WiFi sleds for Treo line delayed PalmSourc
False unlock codes for Treo 650 circulating Carly Fiorina removed as HP CEO MDA IV may be quad-band WiFi enabled Blackberry, sans cellula
PalmSource and Texas Instruments have created two Palm OS Cobalt reference designs to help companies more quickly create smartphones for use
Last week, T-Mobile Germany gave the world a glimpse of the first cellular-wireless Pocket PC to include a VGA screen. Now some additional i
42. Fiorina No Longer the Head of HP 2/9/2005
Carly Fiorina has abruptly been removed as as chairman and chief executive officer of HP. Reports indicate that she did not leave voluntaril
PalmSource has announced the appointment of Patrick McVeigh as senior vice president, worldwide licensing and sales.
45. palmOne Airport Retail Stores Win Industry Awards 2/9/2005
palmOne's retail stores in airports across the U.S. have won three awards from Airport Revenue News.
46. BlackBerry Smartphone Comes to Cingular 2/10/2005
Cingular Wireless has become the next wireless carrier to offer a version of the BlackBerry 7100, the first smartphone from Research in Moti
Intorine has released IntelliChess 2.6, a new version of its chess game for Pocket PC with an ability to play online at the Internet Chess C
The latest version of Spb Pocket Plus allows Today Screen plug-ins to appear as separate tabs.
49. Arvale: Journey of Illusion Released for Palm OS 2/10/2005
PDAmill has just released a Palm OS version of first role-playing game.
50. PDA and Tech Deals for 2/10/2005 - 2/12/2005 2/10/2005
Dell.com Coupons and Dell Axim X50v $369 DealAudiovox SMT5600 $50 After RebateFellowes Bluetooth Universal Headset $40Target 10% Off - New i
iPaq 6320 & 6700 PocketPC communicators Software updates for Treo 650 Bluetooth, Sprint roaming Reported dates for iPaq 6500
Some additional information has leaked out about the iPAQ hw6500. Also, there's the first word on the second model in this series.
53. JAVOedge Introduces Dell Axim X50 / X50v JAVOSkin 2/11/2005
This translucent case completely covers the device and features cutouts that allow access to the stylus, charging/synchronization socket, IR
54. Makeup Case Modeled after Palm V 2/11/2005
Just in time for St. Valentine's Day, Fira Cosmetics is offering a line of makeup cases obviously modeled after the classic Palm V.
55. Macromedia Flash To Be Integrated into Series 60 2/11/2005
Nokia and Macromedia have just announced a licensing agreement that will integrate Macromedia Flash technology into the Series 60 smartphone
56. The ULTIMATE PDA for your Valentine! 2/12/2005
It's just two more days until Valentine's day... ...shoppers are scrambling to find the right gift for that special PDA lover in your life.
57. Nokia Announces Series 60 Third Edition 2/14/2005
The upcoming version of the world's most popular smartphone platform focuses on enhanced multimedia and enterprise functionality.
58. Sendo Showing Off X2 Music Phone 2/14/2005
Sendo has announced the X2 Music Phone, its second Symbian smartphone running the Series 60 platform.
59. QuickTime VR Comes to Kinoma Player 2/14/2005
Kinoma has just introduced an update to its Kinoma Player 3 EX that allows it to display QuickTime VR panoramas.
Nokia today announced a series of new camera-oriented smartphones. All of these will use the Series 60 platform on top of the Symbian OS.
A comment made today at the 3GSM World Congress added fuel to the speculation that palmOne is going to use Windows Mobile for some future mo
62. Crazy Daisy - It's Blooming Good Fun 2/14/2005
Astraware has released Crazy Daisy, a brand new game for Palm OS and Pocket PC.
63. SplashData Introduces Palm OS Photo Blogging Software 2/14/2005
SplashBlog allows users to not only capture pictures with their smartphone or handheld, but also instantly publish these to a photo blog for
64. Nintendo May Have Licensed the Palm OS 2/14/2005
A new rumor says that PalmSource may have added an important new licensee, Nintendo.
Flextronics and Microsoft have announced Peabody, a GSM/GPRS smartphone running Windows Mobile.
66. GSPDA Launches Xplore M68 Palm OS Smartphone 2/14/2005
A new Palm OS smartphone from GSPDA is now available in Europe, and is expected to be released in the U.S. later this year.
67. Nokia Licenses Microsoft's ActiveSync 2/14/2005
An agreement announced to day will allow wireless and direct synchronization between Microsoft Exchange Server and future Nokia smartphones
Altair Nanotech claims battery breakthrough Intel ports 3D shooter Cube to Axim X50v i-mate to bundle Skype VOIP software nVidia tries mo
At the 3GSM World Congress today, PalmSource and GSPDA announced the Xplore M68 Smartphone. The M68 features the Palm OS (5.4), a 1.3 megapi
70. Rumor - palmOne to License Windows Mobile 2/14/2005
This rumor was popular a few months back, but it now has new life for legitimate reasons. At the 3GSM World Congress, Peter Knook, the produ
The Socket SDIO 56K Modem Card allows Pocket PC users to access the Internet with any available analog phone line.
Spb Weather is a weather forecasting Today plug-in. Users can customize weather views, skins, and the weather forecast data source.
73. SanDisk Bringing Out 1 GB miniSD Card 2/15/2005
SanDisk has announced that it is doubling the capacity of the largest miniSD card.
74. Motorola Announces A1010 UIQ Wireless Handheld 2/15/2005
Motorola has taken the wraps off the A1010, an upcoming UIQ handheld with support for high-speed cellular-wireless networks and a 2.0 megapi
75. PalmSource Brings Out New Phone Software 2/15/2005
With its recent acquisition of China MobileSoft (CMS), PalmSource has gained four new software products for mobile phones.
The number of handhelds shipped worldwide in 2004 increased significantly last year, and revenue from handhelds set a new record during this
PacketVideo has announced that it will provide its media player for use in Palm Powered phones and other mobile devices.
78. UPDATE - Nintendo DS to Include the Palm OS? 2/15/2005
A rumor has started circulating that Nintendo has licensed the Palm Operating System from PalmSource. The speculation includes plans to add
79. The Great Astraware Gaming Roundup 2/15/2005
If you are into gaming on your PalmOS or Windows Mobile PDA, then you are probably quite familiar with Astraware. Astraware is quite famous
Otter Products announces an improved version of its handheld computer case, the OtterBox 1900.
Starting today consumers can go to Yahoo! Maps and click the "Send to Phone" link on the driving directions page to send the full, step-by-s
Worldwide handheld shipments grow 7% in 2004: Gartner Microsoft refuses PalmSource .NET license Developer working on WinCE/PPC port of Moz
83. iPAQ hw6500 Coming in April (Updated) 2/17/2005
As promised, HP is showing off its next cellular-wireless Pocket PC at the 3GSM World Congress. It has also revealed some new details on thi
84. Maps/Charts for Windows Mobile Smartphones from Maptech 2/17/2005
Maptech's Outdoor Navigator for Windows Mobile Smartphone has more than 60,000 off-road maps and boating charts.
85. nSignia Releases New HP hx4700 Cases 2/17/2005
nSignia is now taking pre-orders for book and flip-style HP iPAQ hx4700 leather cases.
86. Pocket Watch Software Releases ActivePrint 3.2 2/17/2005
The latest version of ActivePrint includes many new features requested by customers.
87. Motorola Making RAZR Thin Pocket PC 2/17/2005
Motorola's CEO says that his company is working on a super-slim version of the MPx cellular-wireless Pocket PC.
HP's iPAQ hw6500 Mobile Messenger has gained FCC approval to be sold in the US. While approval doesn't always mean a US release, HP has ever
89. Brighthand's Coverage of the 3GSM World Congress 2005 2/18/2005
The premier annual event for smartphones and other related technologies was held this week, and quite a number of new products were shown to
90. Pocket PC Phone with 802.11g Demoed 2/18/2005
At this week's 3GSM World Congress, Chi Mei Communication Systems is showing off a cellular-wireless Pocket PC with some advanced features.
91. Samsung i270 Windows Mobile Smartphone Gets FCC Approval 2/18/2005
The SGH-i270 will be a fairly standard Windows Mobile device, with no really cutting-edge features.
92. Myst and Riven Coming to Pocket PC 2/18/2005
Pocket PC versions are being developed of two of the most popular computer games of all time.
93. Non-U.S. iPAQ h6300 Series Models Get ROM Update 2/18/2005
HP has released a ROM update for two iPAQ h6300 series models. However, this doesn't include the version being offered by T-Mobile in the U.
94. Motorola and Skype Form Broad Seamless Mobility Alliance 2/18/2005
Motorola and Skype will work together to enable delivery of the Skype Internet telephony service on some Motorola mobile phones.
Handango has released of InHand for BlackBerry, a download client for applications.
96. ThinPrint Presents Print Solution for BlackBerry 2/18/2005
ThinPrint has introduced a printout application for emails and attachments from BlackBerry wireless handhelds.
97. Dead Pixels on Your PDA Screen 2/18/2005
LCD screens are one of the most expensive parts of a PDA. They're also the most likely part to contain noticeable flaws in the form of the
Treo 650 WiFi card drivers discovered in ROM Accessories from JAVOedge, Brando, others Motorola prepping Razr/MPx hybrid
BenQ will ship the Handango InHand download client on its P30 and P50 smartphones.
100. New Sony Clie on the Way? 2/20/2005
Speculation is getting pretty hot and heavy in Japan that Sony is close to releasing a new Clie in the mold of the TH55. Sony hasn't release
101. palmOne Releases ROM Update for Verizon Treo 600 2/21/2005
palmOne has released a ROM update for the version of the Treo 600 being offered by Verizon wireless.
102. GSPDA to Make the First Palm OS Cobalt Smartphone 2/21/2005
For the first time, a company has said it will definitely release a Cobalt device before the end of this year.
103. New Clie May Be Coming to Japan (Updated) 2/21/2005
There's a rumor making the rounds in Japan that a new Clie will debut there this spring.
104. So, Where Do You Want to Go Today? 2/21/2005
Some years ago, Microsoft had this tag line: "so where do you want to go today?" I used to laugh when I would see a MS ad and then see this
105. Sony Brings the Clie Line to an End 2/22/2005
Sony said today that it is going to stop producing the Clie line of handhelds, and no new models will be introduced.
106. Series 60 Worm Reaches the U.S. 2/22/2005
Cabir, a worm that infects smartphones running Series 60, has been slowly spreading around the world. Recently, the first infection was disc
107. SanDisk Announces SD Card That's Also a USB Flash Drive 2/22/2005
SanDisk has officially announced the Ultra II SD Plus, an innovative SD flash memory card with built-in USB connectivity.
108. 128 MB CompactFlash Card for Just $20 Coming from SanDisk 2/22/2005
SanDisk has announced plans to release a 128 MB CompactFlash card in its Shoot & Store line of low-cost digital memory cards. This will sell
109. PalmSource Moving Away from HotSync 2/22/2005
Since the first Palm Pilot, handhelds running the Palm OS have communicated with desktop computers via HotSync. Today comes word that this w
110. Paris Hilton's Sidekick II Hacked (Updated) 2/22/2005
Paris Hilton has had her account with T-Mobile broken into by hackers.
111. PocketDay BlackBerry Edition Released 2/22/2005
PocketDay, which was previously only for Windows Mobile, is now available for the BlackBerry platform.
112. Sony to End Clie Line 2/22/2005
Japanese website Impress is reporting that Sony will end Clie production in July. This comes hot on the heels of a rumor that Sony was going
113. palmOne May Be Committing Itself to Wi-Fi 2/23/2005
In the past several years, Wi-Fi wireless networking has become increasingly common on handhelds, but palmOne has been behind the curve in t
114. First Glimpse of a QVGA Windows Mobile Smartphone 2/23/2005
A Taiwanese company is showing off what may be one of the first Windows Mobile smartphones to have a QVGA screen.
PHT has shipped more than 40,000 LogPad Systems, using palmOne devices, to thousands of subjects and clinical research sites in 46 languages
116. Delkin Announces Its Own SD/USB Card 2/23/2005
Delkin joins SanDisk in announcing an SD card that can be plugged directly into a USB port. Each of these will use a slightly different desi
Project Clock CE is made for people that must keep track of time billed to different projects.
118. palmOne to Bundle WiFi Cards - But Not For Free 2/23/2005
Rumors have been circulating that palmOne plans to embrace WiFi a bit more by bundling their WiFi card with the Tungsten T5 and Zire 72 with
119. The New Handheld Killer App Found at Last 2/24/2005
Brighthand's Ed Hardy says that the feature that will push handheld sales back into high gear has finally come along.
120. Fighting Cancer In the Palm of Your Hand 2/24/2005
The American Cancer Society now offers C-Tools 2.0, a timesaving tool that provides instant access to cancer information to anyone in the he
121. NS Basic/CE Announces Version 5.1 2/24/2005
NS Basic/CE 5.1, the latest version of this application development tool, adds support for Windows CE.NET 4.2 devices.
122. Piel Frama Leather T5 Case Review 2/24/2005
As many of you may know, I have upgraded my Tungsten E to a Tungsten T5. Of course, with that upgrade have come some additions to my accesso
123. Demand for Cingular's Treo 650 Outstrips Supply 2/25/2005
The Treo 650 is selling so well, Cingular has removed this smartphone from its web site in order to lower demand.
124. Treo 650 Launches in Europe 2/25/2005
Late last year, palmOne promised that its latest smartphone, the Treo 650, would debut in Europe in February. Today it technically met that
125. Music-Oriented Windows Mobile Smartphone on the Horizon 2/25/2005
Some information has leaked out about an upcoming Windows Mobile smartphone that will heavily emphasize music playback.
126. Microsoft Working to Make OS Upgrades More Widely Available 2/25/2005
The next version of Windows Mobile will allow Microsoft to release operating system upgrades directly to users.
127. Developer One Announces Agenda Fusion 7 2/25/2005
The latest version of Agenda Fusion adds a project management view to this time and contact management application for Pocket PCs.
128. 6 GB Hitachi Microdrive Available Soon 2/25/2005
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies has begun shipping a tiny hard drive with 6 GB of storage capacity.
FCC approves HP iPaq hw6500 GSPDA claims they will release first Palm OS Cobalt device Samsung i730 likely to be released in mid-March SP
130. Orange SPV C550 SmartPhone with QVGA Screen Coming Soon 2/25/2005
The highly popular and well designed Orange SPV C500 SmartPhone looks like it's about to be replaced in the European market by a similar loo
131. Who Needs A Killer Device...? 2/27/2005
Watching a program on television this week, there was a segment that tried to answer the question if whether broadband internet was a necess
132. Samsung i730 Coming in March 2/28/2005
According to a recent report, Samsung's latest cellular-wireless Pocket PC will be available in just a couple of weeks.
133. Sony Ericsson May Be Developing New Wireless Handheld 2/28/2005
Sony Ericsson is reportedly preparing a replacement for the P910, a cellular-wireless handheld that ran Symbian's UIQ interface. The new mod
PDATopSoft.com has opened a software store that will offer games for devices running Palm OS, Pocket PC, Windows Mobile Smartphone, BlackBer
135. Introducing O-Anywhere for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs 2/28/2005
O-Anywhere lets Pocket PC users bid, search, browse, and monitor live auction listings from the Overstock.com Auctions site.
136. Garmin iQue M5 Review 2/28/2005
I had the pleasure to get my hands on the latest PDA/GPS device from Garmin, this time in the Pocket PC flavor. The iQue M5 is Garmin's fir
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement