Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for February 2006. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2006 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
February 2006 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for February of 2006
Below are the 86 SmartPhone articles for February of 2006
The Missing Sync for Palm OS will be updated to support new Intel-based Macs.
2. Dell May Be Changing its Mobile Device Focus 2/1/2006
A rumor is circulating that Dell intends to phase out its line of traditional handhelds and switch to smartphones.
3. Treo 700w Might Be on Sprint Next Month 2/1/2006
Another wireless carrier might get Palm's first Windows Mobile smartphone much sooner than expected.
Some possible details have emerged about Palm's first super-slim smartphone, code-named Hollywood.
Visto sues Goodlink for patent infringement Treo 700w for $99 Report: Treo 700w on Sprint coming in February BenQ P50 still alive, sort o
Caris & Company is again high on Palm the stock and full of insight on the products they offer. They issued a report last November that deta
PhatWare's handwriting recognition software for Windows Mobile-based devices is now optimized for use on models with square screens.
HP has announced when it will release a long-awaited operating system upgrade for its flagship handheld.
9. Palm to be Bought by Apple? 2/2/2006
Wall Street reporters are having a field day with a letter written by major Palm shareholder, Mark Nelson, calling for the sale of Palm to a
10. Palm Should Not Be a Sellout 2/3/2006
Despite what one of Palm's shareholders thinks, there's no reason to consider selling the company, and doing so would be a serious mistake.
11. Motorola Q May Be Delayed 2/3/2006
A highly-anticipated Windows Mobile Smartphone might be released later than expected.
12. Verizon Relents on DUN... Just a Tiny Bit 2/3/2006
For the first time, Verizon's hard-line opposition to Dial-Up Networking as cracked, if only a little bit.
13. Spb Software House Releases Spb Diary 1.7 2/3/2006
The new version of Spb Diary introduces a bundle of new features like the Messages Tab, an auto-height adjustment feature, native birthdays
14. Motorola Q Not Cancelled, Just Really Late 2/3/2006
A report from Engadget citing a "highly reliable source" claims the Motorola Q is definitely coming to market but not until April. And that'
15. HP iPAQ rw6828 (rw6800) Official 2/3/2006
HP has posted a page on their support site for the HP iPAQ rw6828, otherwise referred to as the HP branded XDA Atom.
Treo 800p rumor just a joke iPaq hx4700 OS upgrade March 1st Handheld sales figures for Q4 2005 Public service announcement: save Fair Us
17. Palm Treo 700p Surfaces (pics) 2/3/2006
Not that it's any surprise, but now we know for sure that the "w" at the end of the Treo 700w was indeed to differentiate it from the Treo 7
DataViz's RoadSync now offers direct push synchronization of Outlook email, attachments, calendar, and contacts for non-Microsoft smartphone
19. Run Palm OS Applications on the Treo 700w 2/6/2006
The latest version of StyleTap lets users run thousands of programs originally written for the Palm OS on the Windows Mobile-based Treo 700w
20. Nokia Readying 4 GB Smartphone 2/6/2006
Nokia intends to leap on the bandwagon and put out a device with an internal microdrive.
21. Palm Treo 700w Review 2/6/2006
Good gadget or evil impostor? Palm's newest smartphone, the Treo 700w, sparked fervent partisanship before it was even out, but now we have
22. Possible First Glimpse of the Treo 700p 2/7/2006
Pictures and a description of what is supposedly the next Palm OS smartphone have emerged.
23. Sony Ericsson Bringing Out Another UIQ Smartphone 2/7/2006
Sony Ericsson has unveiled the M600, its latest Symbian smartphone that uses the UIQ interface.
PC Mag has released what they call "reviews" for the new T-Mobile SDA and MDA. They also disclosed official release dates and pricing.
Dell responds to Axim rumors Microsoft, Intel push "ultra mobile" PCs Fujitsu posts Loox C550
A report published in Asia discusses the upcoming Pocket Loox T800 series.
27. Win a Laser Keyboard from Spb Software 2/8/2006
28. Sony Ericsson P990 Delayed... but for Good Reasons 2/8/2006
There's good news and bad news about Sony Ericsson's upcoming cellular-wireless handheld. It will have features that weren't originally expe
29. New BlackBerry 8700c Sena Case 2/8/2006
The new Sena Case, designed specifically for BlackBerry's latest handheld, provides a stylish leather case that both safeguards and displays
30. Say Goodbye to Fossil's PDA Watches (Updated) 2/9/2006
It appears Fossil has given up on all of its high-tech watches.
31. RIM Ready to Prevent BlackBerry Shutdown 2/9/2006
No matter what courts decide in the ongoing patent-infringement lawsuit, RIM believes it has developed software workaround designs that will
32. Politics and Mobility 2/9/2006
I recently visited the DC Palm User Group for a presentation they were having on mobile computers and politics and got an interesting lesson
33. Cingular Formally Announces the 8125 2/9/2006
Although the Cingular 8125 (8100) had shown up on their business site a few weeks back, Cingular today makes the release of the 8100 series
34. Cingular Adding Another Pocket PC Phone 2/10/2006
Cingular is now offering a version of the HTC Wizard, a Pocket PC phone with a built-in keyboard and a QVGA screen.
35. TORQ P120 Smartphone Review 2/10/2006
If you're looking for a unique Windows Mobile 5 based smartphone, you should take a look at the TORQ P120. Not "subsidized" by any particula
Rollable OLED color displays RIM talks about patent workaround--sort of Fossil pulls smart watches Echostar, DirecTV consider joining to
37. HP Makes the iPAQ hw6900 Official 2/13/2006
After months of rumors and accidental leaks, HP has officially announced the iPAQ hw6900, its latest Pocket PC phone.
38. T-Mobile USA Launching Two Windows Mobile Devices 2/13/2006
T-Mobile USA has just started offering a new Windows Mobile smartphone, and this carrier also announced plans to add a second model later th
40. Access Taking NetFront in a New Direction 2/13/2006
With its latest version, Access is greatly expanding the functionality of its web browser.
42. UMTS Version of Motorola Q Announced 2/13/2006
Hopefully laying to rest earlier rumors that there wouldn't be a GSM version of the Motorola Q, the company officially announced that a GSM/
With little surprise, HP made their new line of mobile messenger devices official. The family will be referred to as the iPAQ hw6900 Series,
44. Samsung i320 Takes Aim at the Motorola Q 2/13/2006
Samsung doesn't want to be left out in the race for slimmest Smartphone. So get this, their new i320 is slimmer than the Motorola Q. It will
45. Palm Planning 2-for-1 Stock Split 2/14/2006
Palm, Inc.'s board of directors has approved a 2-for-1 split of its common stock.
46. Spb Software House Releases Spb Backup 2/14/2006
Spb Software House has released a new Pocket PC utility for backing up content onto a storage card.
47. Microsoft Pushing Push Email 2/14/2006
Several wireless carriers and device makers have announced their support for Microsoft's push email system.
48. Tamoggemon Valentines Discount 2/14/2006
Tamoggemon Software is offering significant discounts on all of its software. This offer runs until the end of the month.
HP splits handheld, laptop divisions Palm initiates 2 for 1 stock split Access details plans for future platform Rogers to deploy HSDPA
50. ACCESS and PalmSource Announce the ACCESS Linux Platform 2/14/2006
ACCESS Co., Ltd., and its wholly owned subsidiary, PalmSource, Inc., today announced the ACCESS Linux Platform (ALP), the latest evolution o
51. TI Making Windows Mobile Smartphones Less Expensive 2/15/2006
A group of companies has announced that they are working to use Texas Instruments' technology to reduce the cost of Windows Mobile smartphon
52. Survey Shows U.S. Businesses Prefer Treo Smartphones 2/15/2006
According to a recent survey conducted by Frost & Sullivan, Palm's Treo line are the smartphones of choice for U.S. businesses.
53. Fujitsu-Siemens Unveils its First Smartphone 2/15/2006
The first Pocket Loox smartphone has been officially announced, confirming the specifications of this device that had previously been leaked
54. Seagate Announces 12 GB 1-Inch Hard Drive 2/15/2006
Seagate Technology has announced a microdrive with 12 GB of storage capacity.
55. Handheld device shipments soar to new record 2/15/2006
Now here's a little wrinkle in that old canard that handhelds are dead. According to research firm Gartner, handheld sales hit an all-time r
56. Pocket Tunes Music Player for Palm 2/15/2006
This morning I got to work, and realized I forgot my iPod at home. I was bummed until I realized I had some songs on my Tungsten T2 (my wor
57. HP Separates Handheld and Notebook Groups 2/16/2006
HP has announced that its handheld business will be a separate unit within the company's Personal Systems Group (PSG).
Bitstream has added support for Windows Mobile 5.0 to its web browser.
59. iPAQ Revenues Down 25 Percent 2/16/2006
HP took in considerably less money during its most recent financial quarter, but it seems the company is doing something about it: changing
With the release of a version of the Opera web browser, the Nintendo DS has taken another significant step beyond being just a toy.
61. ThinkOutside Stowaway Boomtube H2O1 Review (pics) 2/16/2006
It's hard to find a great set of speakers in a portable device, be it a notebook, PDA, Smartphone or MP3 player. And by hard, I mean nearly
I had the opportunity to do a quick whirlwind visit at the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona. I was able to spend some time hands on with an
63. A Handheld By Any Other Name 2/17/2006
While differing definitions of what a handheld is make it difficult to come up with exact figures for the number of these devices that shipp
Intorine has released Cowgirl, a game in which you have to catch different kinds of prizes with your lasso.
65. A Common Sense Approach to Buying A Mobile Computer 2/17/2006
Over the course of writing articles and reading through the forums here, I often wonder what it is that keeps so many people asking for help
66. Commodore To Enter Mobile Gaming 2/20/2006
Commodore Gaming plans to introduce public kiosks that will allow users to load games onto their mobile phones.
67. PDA Market Stagnates - Playskool PDA Version 2 Delayed 2/20/2006
Back in May of 2004, I picked up Playskool's latest PDA for my young son. He really enjoyed the unit, even with some of its shortcomings, li
68. A Year with Fossil's Tech Watches 2/21/2006
Staff Writer and long-time handheld user Shawn Barnett brings his experiences with Fossil's Palm OS-based Wrist PDA and one of its rivals us
69. A Year with Fossil's Tech Watches -- Part 2 2/21/2006
70. T-Mobile's MDA Now Available in U.S. 2/21/2006
Following through on its promise from last week, T-Mobile USA is now offering a Pocket PC phone with a VGA screen and relatively large keybo
Microsoft to push VoIP on Windows Mobile Palm offers discount Treos in UK, Europe Rumor: Palm to offer new Treos in July, plus another Win
72. Samsung SGH-i750 Gets FCC Approval 2/22/2006
The FCC is just now approving for use in the United States a Pocket PC phone that was first announced almost a year ago.
73. New Version of PocketMirror Released 2/22/2006
Chapura has upgraded all the versions of its applications that lets Palm OS devices synchronize with Outlook.
74. Confirmation of the Pocket Loox N560... Mostly 2/22/2006
Apparently, the Bluetooth Qualification Program has confirmed the existence of what will be the world's first GPS-enabled handheld with a VG
75. Mobile Blogging, Treo Style 2/22/2006
If there has been one thing that has made owning a Treo 650 quite fun, it has been the ability to use its on-demand Internet connection to m
76. HP iPAQ rw6828 (rw6800) Images Surface 2/22/2006
It's been highly rumored and now it's been photographed. The HP iPAQ rw6828 is HP's version of the XDA Atom O2. The Smartphone is expected t
77. Another Sign the iPAQ rw6800 Series Drawing Closer 2/23/2006
Another cellular-wireless Pocket PC has been approved by the Bluetooth SIG. Unlike most recent Pocket PC phones, it appears this one won't h
78. Images of the First Linux-Based Palm OS Appear 2/23/2006
After PalmSource revealed some additional details on the next version of the Palm OS last week, this company gave some demonstrations of thi
79. RIM, NTP Lawsuit Coming to a Head 2/24/2006
Today, a Federal court judge will preside over a hearing whether RIM should be barred from offering its BlackBerry wireless email service in
One of the biggest issues that I run into as a website developer is creating something that is beautiful, functional, and accessible. Many t
Pictures of upcoming Access Linux Platform? RIM and NTP dig in; chances of deal "slim" Bluetooth audio support for Palm OS Altoids USB ch
82. No Decision as to the BlackBerry's Fate 2/27/2006
A U.S. District Court judge has decided to postpone his decision on whether Research in Motion will be barred from offering its BlackBerry w
SanDisk has announced plans to release a 2 GB version of its SD memory card that can also can be used as a high-speed USB flash drive.
84. PhatWare Releases PhatNotes 4.7 2/27/2006
Microsoft might be close to unveiling a low-cost miniature tablet capable of running a full version of Windows Vista.
86. First Thoughts - Cingular 2125 Smartphone 2/28/2006
The Cingular 2125 is one of the latest Windows Mobile-based Smartphone devices to come to the US. Successor to the Audiovox SMT5600, the 212
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement