Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for March 2004. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2004 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
March 2004 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for March of 2004
Below are the 159 SmartPhone articles for March of 2004
1. Is Nokia Actually Going To Take Over Symbian? 3/1/2004
Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief considers what it might mean for the smart phone industry if Nokia takes a controlling stake in the company tha
2. palmOne, Dell Lower Handheld Prices 3/1/2004
The price of the palmOne Tungsten T2 has been cut by $50, while Dell's X3i has dropped $30.
3. Swappable Batteries vs. Replaceable Ones 3/1/2004
Which is better, a built-in battery or a swappable one?
Dual-slot, dual-radio VGA PocketPC coming from Asus E-Pass suit against HP to proceed Windows Mobile 2004 just a service pack?
5. bargainSpots Launches New Tablet PC Site 3/1/2004
bargainSpots.com Inc, the parent company of bargainPDA.com, has launched a new site today that focusses on Tablet PC's, BargainTabletPC.com.
Price cuts are often a response to new units or a harbinger of what's to come. There have been a number of rumors regarding the possible Zir
Speculation started at LinuxWorld late January regarding IBM getting back into the PDA business. At the show IBM showed off a prototype they
8. palmOne, Garmin Release ROM Updates 3/2/2004
palmOne has released a ROM update for its Tungsten C, while Garmin has put out one for the iQue 3600.
9. Samsung Preparing i530 Palm OS Smart Phone 3/2/2004
Samsung has announced a new addition to its collection of Palm OS smart phones.
10. Hitachi Brings Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to G1000 3/2/2004
Hitachi has released a system patch for its G1000 cellular-wireless Pocket PC that allows it to use SDIO cards.
SoftMaker has released a free public beta version of PlanMaker for Windows, a Microsoft Excel-compatible spreadsheet application. A Pocket P
12. Many Consumers Want Dedicated Mobile Devices 3/2/2004
Finally some research that supports my position. Guideline Research has announced the results of a survey that indicates 49% of consumers ha
Fujitsu has one of the best PDAs on the market, the Loox 610. This model includes 128MB RAM, Bluetooth, WiFi, dual expansion slots, user rep
PalmSource has posted on its web site for developers a preliminary version of the tools needed to create applications for the next version o
15. What Happened to the Treo 610? 3/3/2004
A month or so ago, an unconfirmed report appeared on numerous handheld-related web sites that palmOne was planning to release an updated ver
16. Numerous New Handheld Cases Coming on the Market 3/3/2004
Stylus Central, Covertec, and Sena are offering new cases for a wide variety of handheld models. These companies are also offering other new
17. Get a palmOne Tungsten T3 For Free 3/3/2004
Ameritrade is offering an easy way to pick up a new PDA. Open a new non-IRA account with $10,000 and you qualify for a free palmOne Tungsten
18. Review - SupplyNet Phone to PDA Cable 3/3/2004
Writing a review of a Sony-Ericsson T68i to PalmOne Tungsten T3 cable has been one of the hardest pieces I have ever written. Firstly, both
19. ThunderHawk Now Supports iPAQ h4000 Series 3/4/2004
The latest version of the ThunderHawk web browser adds support for a number of recently released Pocket PCs.
iBIZ Technology Corp. says its Virtual Laser Keyboard will begin shipping in a few weeks.
21. palmOne Open to Using Other Operating Systems 3/4/2004
Todd Bradley, President and CEO of palmOne, said this week that his company is open to the idea of making devices with other operating syste
22. PDA News - Treo 610, ROM updates, New cases 3/4/2004
Treo 610 rumored for March 12th SDIO driver for G1000 PocketPC phone; Bugfix update for Tungsten|C New cases for X3i, h4100, e800, XDA II
In Japan’s quest to make Narita Airport the most technologically advanced in the world, visitors will be able to rent PDAs that have the abi
24. Note to Dell and Sony – I Want Bluetooth 3/4/2004
As we covered last week, Dell has just launched their Axim X3i with Bluetooth in Europe. Sony is about to launch the TH55 there as well with
25. Brighthand Reviews the ASUS MyPal A716 3/5/2004
The new MyPal A716 from ASUS does just about everything it can to deliver the features high-end handheld buyers want, including dual forms o
26. Brighthand Weekly Gaming Roundup 3/5/2004
This week's gaming roundup features Jumble, Yammy Yammy, and CliFrotz for the Palm OS and MonstroCity and Caribbean Pirates for Pocket PC.
Location-based playlists via GPS New game from Ballshooter; 50% off existing titles "Nothing that would preclude" palmOne from using Windo
28. Review - Extinction from Click Gamer (Pocket PC) 3/5/2004
It is always nice to see the classic games brought back into existence. After playing the game (on my now outdated Toshiba e335 Pocket PC),
29. Axim X3i with Bluetooth Still Coming to U.S. 3/6/2004
Despite a report that it would only be available in Europe, Dell still plans to release a version of the Axim X3i with Bluetooth in the U.S.
A comparison of Windows Mobile for Pocket PC and Windows Mobile for Smartphone.
31. Review - WordPop! from Smart Box Design 3/6/2004
I am not a major game player, but WordPop! appealed to me because it has all the elements a PDA game needs to lure my attention away from ev
32. Major Psion Shareholder Against Symbian Sell Off 3/7/2004
One of the its largest shareholders is opposed to Psion's plan to sell its share of Symbian to Nokia.
While the current version of Nokia's gaming smart phone is struggling, a famous game developer says the next generation-model will be much b
AT&T Wireless is making a significant change to its network that should increase the coverage for many of its customers. However, as part of
35. Petition to Save the iPAQ Wireless Pack 3/8/2004
There's a petition drive going on in an attempt to get HP to start supporting an accessory that adds GSM/GPRS service to some iPAQ models.
Miss the 80's? Long for bygone days of gaming on your trusty Atari® 2600? Have fond recollections of eagerly waiting to add the next arca
37. RumorMill™: Retailer Says Tungsten E2 Is Coming 3/9/2004
An online store has included something on its site that indicates that palmOne will soon be releasing a new model.
38. Company Claims Patent on Wireless Roaming 3/9/2004
Calypso Wireless recently began contacting wireless service providers to tell them it has a patent on the idea of roaming between different
AT&T to convert system; mobile users affected Emirate 1 features GPS, GSM, Bluetooth Nokia CEO understates N-Gage situation
40. Sony CLIE TJ37 Review 3/9/2004
Introduced to the US market on 10 February 2004, the Sony Clie TJ37 looks to be a solid competitor to the well-established Zire 71 from Pal
41. The HP iPAQ h6300 May Not Be Real 3/9/2004
It appears that the HP iPAQ h6300 that we saw a few weeks ago may not be real. In an odd twist of fate, the pictures we saw may have only be
42. Is There Going To Be a Windows Mobile 2004? 3/10/2004
Brighthand examines what the upcoming update to this operating system will be called... and what that means about its feature set.
43. First-Generation Fuel Cells Moving Closer to Market 3/10/2004
Kensington has a agreed to market a line of fuel cells developed by Medis Technologies.
Sony Ericsson has announced the Bluetooth Media Viewer MMV-100. The device plugs into a TV or digital projector and receives images and AMR
Several leading companies from the mobile industry are going to request that a Top Level Domain (TLD) be created for web sites that are inte
Fluid lenses to redefine inexpensive mobile cameras PalmGear lists Tungsten|E2 Verizon-compatible Thera PPC Phone for $150, no contract
47. Review - Sony Ericsson P900 3/10/2004
The Sony Ericsson P900 is a late arrival to North America, after being released last year in Europe. It provides major improvements over the
48. More Anecdotal Evidence of the palmOne Treo 610 Emerges 3/10/2004
Yesterday Shopping.com began featuring the palmOne Treo 610 on their site along with a picture of the current Treo 600. The listing changed
49. Mapopolis for Windows Mobile Smart Phones Now in Beta 3/11/2004
Mapopolis has released the beta version of a mapping application for smart phones running Microsoft's mobile operating system.
50. RumorMill™: New Evidence of the Treo 610 (Updated) 3/11/2004
There is some new evidence that palmOne may be intending to announce an updated version of its smart phone.
51. Microsoft Helps Launch Mobile Video System 3/11/2004
Microsoft and a pair of other companies have announced the launch of an end-to-end solution for the creation and delivery of digital video t
52. Developers Can Win Big Prizes in New Microsoft Contest 3/11/2004
Microsoft is kicking off a Mobile2Market Application Contest. The grand prize of $25,000 will go to the best piece of software submitted, an
Treo 600 video recording application 10% off Proporta hardware, 20% off software Gameboy Advance emulator for Tapwave Zodiac Veo cancels
54. The Future of Pocket Office 3/12/2004
Many are calling for big improvements in Pocket Word and Pocket Excel, but there are several different ways Microsoft could go about doing t
55. Brighthand Weekly Gaming Roundup 3/12/2004
New and updated games this week include Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4, Amazing World, Warfare Incorporated, and more.
56. Socket To Show New Bluetooth Products at CeBIT 2004 3/12/2004
Socket is planning to show several new Bluetooth-enabled products at CeBIT 2004.
Nintendo has sent a "Cease and Desist" order to a company planning to release a Gameboy emulator today as part of what is apparently going t
58. T-Mobile Posts, Removes Pocket PC Phone Edition Upgrade 3/12/2004
T-Mobile briefly made a Windows Mobile 2003 upgrade available for its Pocket PC Phone Edition device, but removed it after many people who d
Treo 600 re-release in April to lack camera Bluetooth Axims still coming to U.S. XDA II to add BlackBerry technology Cases for TH55, TJ37
60. Nokia One Step Closer to Controlling Symbian 3/13/2004
A majority of Psion shareholders have voted to approve a plan to sell its portion of the Symbian software group to Nokia.
61. First Electronic Ink Ebook Reader Coming Later this Year 3/13/2004
Three companies are showing off a prototype of an ebook reader that uses the electronic ink display they have developed over the past severa
62. ASUS Reveals More Details about Upcoming VGA Pocket PC 3/13/2004
ASUS has issued a press release listing the products it intends to announce at the CeBIT trade show later this week, one of which is the MyP
'Firestorm' emulator delayed; Nintendo attempts patent-grab Asus A730 VGA PocketPC unveiled Warfare Inc. mission editor
Secure PDA Backup published by MDM provides a quick, easy backup solution for Palm OS- and Pocket PC-based devices equipped with an SD/MMC e
65. Brighthand Reviews the Tapwave Zodiac 3/15/2004
The first Palm OS device specifically designed for gaming, the Zodiac features a large screen, an analog joystick, and everything else neces
A bit of new evidence has emerged that suggests Apple might have hired a company to do some research into whether there's a market for an up
With the proliferation of wireless PDAs comes remote access to critical data like email, sales reports, contact databases…the list goes on.
68. Toshiba Mini Hard Drive Named World's Smallest 3/16/2004
The Guiness Book of World Records has certified a .85-inch Toshiba hard drive as the smallest in the world. Storage devices like this are ex
69. JAVOedge Debuts Tungsten T3, iPAQ h4155 Cases 3/16/2004
JAVOedge has announced two new models in its ClearCase line of transparent plastic hard cases.
70. Vaja Releases Stylish SD Card Holder 3/16/2004
Vaja has introduced an accessory case that holds a pair of SecureDigital memory cards.
New cases for Treo, Clies Information Week: Convergence or divergence of mobile devices? Rumor of Apple Newton revival survey
72. What to Expect from CeBIT 2004 3/17/2004
Brighthand reveals several new devices and accessories that will debut at CeBIT, the world's largest technology tradeshow, which kicks off M
73. Toshiba Showing Off Cutting-Edge Technologies 3/17/2004
Toshiba has a special "Innovation Corner" at CeBIT it which it is demonstrating a range of technologies that are in the prototype stage now
The Nokia 7610 will be Nokia's first smart phone with a built-in megapixel camera. It will offer considerable multimedia capabilities.
75. Palm Store Now Offering Enfora's Wi-Fi Case 3/17/2004
Those who would like to add Wi-Fi to their palmOne handheld now have the option of purchasing Enfora's carrying case for handhelds that give
76. Gold Plated Styli Now Available 3/17/2004
Metal Styli Limited is now offering gold plated styli for a variety of mobile devices.
77. palmOne to Unveil New Models in April 3/17/2004
palmOne CEO Todd Bradley said in an interview today that his company will announce some new handhelds next month.
78. RumorMill™: New Evidence of the iPAQ h6300 Emerges 3/17/2004
HP has posted a page on its support site for a cellular-wireless Pocket PC it has not yet announced.
Bluetooth headphones filtering onto market Mitac to launch U.S. subsidiary dubbed Mio Tech PalmOne will not offer Blackberry connectivity
80. The Wi-Fi Business Model -- Is There One? 3/17/2004
On a recent weekday I read three different articles with headlines that went something like this:McDonald's to Offer Wi-Fi With Meal Purchas
81. Xigma Style Japan Releases New TH55 Cases 3/18/2004
A company based in Japan has introduced two new leather cases for the Sony Clie TH55 that allows this handheld's camera to be used without r
82. HP Posts iPAQ h2215, h1945 ROM Updates 3/18/2004
HP has posted on its support website ROM updates for the iPAQ h2210/h2215 and the iPAQ h1940/h1945. These fix various bugs and add a few enh
83. MiTAC Commits to North America 3/18/2004
MiTAC is going to launch Mio Technology, a subsidiary dedicated to offering the Mio line of Pocket PCs and smart phones in North America.
84. Keep Track of College Basketball Action with AvantGo 3/18/2004
Basketball fans can follow the NCAA men's college tournament with the free AvantGo College Hoops Channel.
85. PalmSource Turns a Profit, But Revenues Down 3/18/2004
PalmSource turned a profit during its most recent financial quarter, but its quarter revenues decreased considerably.
86. Microsoft Releasing Windows Mobile Update Next Week 3/18/2004
The Microsoft Mobile DevCon starts next week and reportedly the highlight of the show is going to be the debut of Windows Mobile 2003 Second
87. The Latest from CeBIT 2004 3/18/2004
Brighthand brings you the latest announcements from the world's largest technology tradeshow.
iPaq 6000 HP support page PalmOne CEO: New models next month Irish Treo 600 theme MSN Direct adds new face, basketball coverage for SPOT
Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition supports VGA and screen rotation Tungsten Ts on clearance at OfficeMax, $99 HP ROM updates for iPaq 220
It was only a matter of time before PDAs joined other mobile devices like notebooks and tablets in offering dedicated video memory. Currentl
91. Nexio XP30 Will Offer Extra-Large Screen, Wi-Fi 3/19/2004
Samsung Electronics has announced a handheld that will have a 5-inch screen with a 800-by-480-pixel resolution.
92. Motorola Gives New Information on MPx 3/19/2004
Motorola has released some more information about its upcoming cellular-wireless Pocket PC, though some facts still remain unknown.
93. Tiny Memory Cards Becoming More Widely Available 3/19/2004
Though neither is a new format, slots for both miniSD and RS-MMC cards are becoming common on the next generation of smart phones, and so me
94. AlphaSmart Extends PalmSource Licensing Agreement 3/19/2004
AlphaSmart has extended its licensing agreement with PalmSource through 2008.
95. Brighthand Weekly Gaming Roundup 3/19/2004
New and updated games this week include Lejjo 2.0, ScummVM, Tetranoid, and Dragon's Castle.
Samsung has been making integrated phone PDAs for nearly three years but they have yet to release a standard PDA in the US. This may change
Andrew was able to get connected long enough to send me this report from Hannover. More details to come along with pictures. The h6300 will
98. Brando Offers New Cases, iPAQ Battery, Wi-Fi SDIO Card 3/20/2004
Brando Workshop now has cases for the TH55, TJ27/TJ37, and Toshiba e400/e405, as well as iPAQ batteries and a low-power Wi-Fi SDIO card for
99. Smart Phone with Megapixel Camera Coming from Samsung 3/20/2004
Samsung is demonstrating at the CeBIT tradeshow an upcoming handset running Windows Mobile 2003 for Smartphone.
100. Matsushita 1 GB SD Card Coming in May 3/20/2004
A 1 GB SecureDigital card will be released in the next few months by Matsushita, though it will carry the Panasonic brand.
101. More CeBIT Germany Reports Coming 3/20/2004
Andrew just sent a few brief emails. Connectivity at the show was terrible, for those not based in Europe. He will be filing a number of rep
102. BenQ Showing Off Small Pocket PC Phone 3/21/2004
The BenQ P50 will be a cellular-wireless Pocket PC that offers a keyboard and camera, plus multiple forms of wireless networking.
103. RumorMill™: No Palm OS Cobalt Devices Expected Until Summer 3/21/2004
According to a report from someone attending the CeBIT tradeshow, neither palmOne nor Sony are going to release a handheld with the next ver
104. Asus MyPal A730 Preview from CeBIT (pics, specs) 3/21/2004
With the upcoming Asus MyPal A730 Pocket PC and Asus MyPal A8100 Windows Mobile Smartphone, both of which will depend upon yet to be release
105. Toshiba's Concept of a Wristwatch PDA 3/22/2004
Toshiba is showing off some concept devices at CeBIT, including its ideas for a future Wristwatch PDA, a digital wallet, and a Web-access de
106. ASUS Reveals Very High-End A730 Pocket PC 3/22/2004
When it's available later this year, the MyPal A730 will include a VGA screen, multiple forms of wireless networking, and dual memory card s
107. Standard Email Application for Palm OS Debuts 3/22/2004
PalmSource and Visto Corp. have unveiled what will be the default email application on future Palm OS handhelds.
108. Plazmic Announces Content Developer's Kit For BlackBerry 3/22/2004
A new developer's kit will allow the creation of interactive and animated browser-based content for BlackBerry handheld devices.
109. A New Mobile Software Powerhouse Is Coming Together 3/22/2004
Power By Hand, which already owns PalmGear and Palm Digital Media, has just acquired two companies that sell software for Pocket PCs and Sma
110. palmOne Revenues Up on Strong Treo 600 Demand 3/22/2004
palmOne's revenues were up significantly during its most recent financial quarter, but not enough to make the company profitable.
111. Motorola MPx100 Pictures and Specs from CTIA Atlanta 3/22/2004
Motorola first showed off its MPx100 SmartPhone in Cannes, France a couple of weeks ago. They're back showing it off in Atlanta, GA now. B
112. Two Major Companies License the Symbian OS 3/23/2004
LG Electronics, the world's fifth-largest manufacturer of mobile phones, has licensed the Symbian OS and Nokia's Series 60. Lenovo, which w
113. Wi-Fi SD Card with 256 MB of Storage Available Soon 3/23/2004
A single SD card that offers both wireless networking and 256 MB of storage will be available for Windows Mobile users in the near future.
114. Roundup of CTIA Wireless 2004 News 3/23/2004
The biggest tradeshow for the wireless industry to be held in the U.S. is going on now in Atlanta, and Brighthand has reports from the show
115. Brighthand's First Impressions of the Motorola MPx 3/23/2004
The Motorola MPx is on display at CTIA Wireless 2004 and Brighthand's Ed Hardy was able form some preliminary impressions of this cellular-w
Handmark has unveiled its new Handmark Express wireless information service that allows Palm OS and Windows Mobile smartphones to quickly ob
117. Intel XScale Chips to Get Speed Boost to 624MHz 3/23/2004
In the next couple of months Intel will be releasing its next generation chips for PDA and other handheld devices. In the last release of X
118. PalmSource Announces an Official Platform Email Client 3/23/2004
PalmSource has announced a partnership with Visto that will add Mobile Mail 5.0 as an out of the box email solution for Palm OS licensees. T
At the CTIA this year, they are showing off the latest in mobile technology via a runway style fashion show. This fourth annual presentation
120. An Overview of Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition 3/24/2004
An update for Windows Mobile 2003 has just been announced. This brings some significant enhancements, including support for VGA screens and
PalmSource has announced plans to build the OpenGL ES Application Program Interfaces (APIs) into a future version of Palm OS Cobalt. This wi
122. ThunderHawk Smart Phone Edition Coming Next Month 3/24/2004
Bitstream Inc. is going to release ThunderHawk Smart Phone Edition to consumers in April.
123. T-Mobile Offers Free Upgrade to Phone Edition Users 3/24/2004
T-Mobile has once again made a Windows Mobile 2003 upgrade available for its Pocket PC Phone Edition device. This was available briefly a fe
124. New Color BlackBerry For CDMA Networks Coming Soon 3/24/2004
RIM has announced the BlackBerry 7750, which is expected to be available through Verizon in April.
Free Windows Mobile 2003 for T-Mobile PPC Phone PalmOne quarterly financials Rumor: No Cobalt devices until Autumn release cycle
126. Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Officially Announced 3/24/2004
After a week of being taken to court by Europe and having their face rubbed in the dirt by HP who announced they'll be releasing Linux PCs a
127. T-Mobile Adds RIM's BlackBerry 7730 to Their Lineup 3/24/2004
BlackBerry users take notice. T-Mobile will soon be offering the latest and greatest from RIM, the 7730. T-Mobile already carries a few Blac
128. RumorMill™: AT&T to Release New Pocket PC Phone 3/25/2004
AT&T Wireless will reportedly soon begin offering the Audiovox SP230a, a cellular-wireless handheld that runs the Phone Edition of Windows M
129. Chat with Windows Mobile Experts 3/25/2004
On the fourth Thursday of every month, Microsoft holds an online chat about Windows Mobile.
The latest information on when -- and if -- HP, Dell, and Toshiba will release Windows Mobile Second Edition updates for current models.
131. C-Guys Developing Wi-Fi SD Card for Palm Models 3/25/2004
C-Guys currently offers a Wi-Fi SDIO card for Pocket PC models and it is now working on a software driver that will allow handhelds running
While it's obviously in Toshiba's best interest to offer the Windows Mobile upgrade to consumers at no charge, Dell's taking an alternate st
133. Memory Stick Television Tuner Still a Possibility 3/25/2004
The Memory Stick Association began showing off a television tuner concept at CeBIT almost exactly one year ago. The demand for TV on PDAs is
134. Sony CLIE TH55 Review 3/25/2004
This is a complete review of the new Sony Clie TH55 wireless handheld.
135. FilePoint 3.0 Adds Windows Networking to Palm OS Devices 3/26/2004
Bachmann Software has released FilePoint 3.0 for Palm OS handhelds, adding the ability to access shared network drives.
136. Pocket Streets Now Available for Windows Mobile Smart Phones 3/26/2004
Microsoft has released Pocket Streets 1.0, a street level mapping application for Windows Mobile smart phones.
Ed Hardy had an opportunity to try out an upcoming high-end wireless handheld from Nokia. He brings us his initial thoughts on this model, w
138. Brighthand Weekly Gaming Roundup 3/26/2004
Xbox games going mobile, Shadowgate Classic for Palm OS, free Easter game from Clickgamer, and more.
139. There'll Be No Xbox Portable 3/26/2004
The head of game content for Microsoft has made it clear that his company has no plans to release a portable gaming device. Instead, it will
140. PDA News - Dell waffles, SDIO WiFi, iPaq upgrades 3/26/2004
Dell waffles on 2003 SE upgrades for X3, X3i New SDIO WiFi card intended for Palm; combo cards 'coming soon' WM2003 SE upgrade details fro
141. Mitac Mio 168 / Navman PiN GPS Integrated Pocket PC Review 3/27/2004
Last year, the Garmin iQUE 3600 Palm OS based PDA with integrated GPS created quite a stir. That unit has been highly rated by users, leavi
142. Mitac Mio 168 / Navman PiN GPS Integrated Pocket PC Review 3/27/2004
Last year, the Garmin iQUE 3600 Palm OS based PDA with integrated GPS created quite a stir. That unit has been highly rated by users, leavi
143. Linux-Powered Handheld Available this Spring from Royal 3/28/2004
Sometime this spring, Royal Consumer Information Products will finally ship the Linea LX, its delayed Linux-powered handheld.
144. RIM and Good Technology Settle Lawsuits 3/28/2004
Research In Motion and Good Technology, Inc. have agreed to a settlement that will bring to an end a long list of pending lawsuits between t
145. My Dinner with Sony 3/29/2004
Brighthand's Ed Hardy recently had a opportunity to sit down with some very high-level Sony employees, who gave him a pretty good idea of th
146. Hitachi Shows Off Prototype PDA Powered by a Fuel Cell 3/29/2004
Hitachi announced late last year that expects to have a tiny fuel cell by 2005. It recently showed off a prototype of handheld that will be
147. Microsoft Releases Beta of Windows CE 5.0 3/29/2004
Microsoft just released a beta of a new version of Windows CE, the operating system that is the basis for Windows Mobile.
148. Microsoft Windows CE 5.0 Nears Release 3/29/2004
Microsoft has announced a Technology Preview Kit for Windows CE 5.0 at the electronicaUSA show in San Francisco. The final version of Micros
149. Faster XScale Processors To Be Announced Next Month 3/30/2004
The next generation of XScale processors will be unveiled at the Intel Developer Forum to be held in Taiwan in mid-April.
According to a recent survey, a large percentage of mobile device users either do not have, or do not know whether they have, any security p
151. An Attempt to Improve the World with a Handheld 3/30/2004
The Simputer was created to bring the benefits of computers to India's poor.
152. No Cobalt for Zodiac 3/30/2004
Tapwave isn't going to release an operating system upgrade for its Zodiac line of Palm OS devices.
153. PDA News - RIM and Good settle, Firestorm, Video recorders 3/30/2004
RIM, Good Technology settle lawsuits Firestorm gbaZ released without main attraction Video recording software for Treo 600, Zire 71
154. Zaurus with VGA Screen, Wi-Fi Now Available in U.S. 3/31/2004
An English version of the Zaurus SL-6000L is now available from several online retailers. This offers built-in Wi-Fi, a mini keyboard, and a
155. Wi-Fi Memory Stick Hits U.S. Market 3/31/2004
Hagiwara Sys-Com's much-anticipated Wi-Fi card that uses the Memory Stick format is now available in the U.S.
156. Brighthand Reviews Hagiwara Sys-Com's Wi-Fi Memory Stick 3/31/2004
Brighthand gave the first ever Wi-Fi Memory Stick a thorough test and found that it offers a wide range and an access point sniffer, though
157. SIM Cards May Be Used to Log Onto Wi-Fi Networks 3/31/2004
An industry consortium recommends customers sign onto Wi-Fi networks with the same technology used in most mobile phones, SIM cards.
158. Microsoft Shows off Concept Pocket PCs 3/31/2004
Microsoft showed off what it believes is the future of Pocket PCs at its Mobile Developers Conference last week.
159. Sony to Add Retail Stores to Make Shopping Easier 3/31/2004
Sony has announced plans to add retail outlets in 10 markets over the next several months. The plan is similar to the stores Apple has rolle
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement