Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for March 2006. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2006 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
March 2006 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for March of 2006
Below are the 84 SmartPhone articles for March of 2006
1. Welcome to Club Astraware 3/1/2006
More details on the new members area on the Astraware site which offers exclusive discounts, reward points, and more.
2. An 8 GB CompactFlash Card Coming to SanDisk 3/1/2006
SanDisk will soon begin offering a CompactFlash card that is twice the capacity of any CF card currently available from this company.
3. PC to PDA Virus Could be For Real. 3/1/2006
A virus dubbed "Crossover" might soon be in the wild. Crossover makes its way onto the host computer, then infects Microsoft-based PDAs when
4. New Beta Version of Opera for Pocket PC Released 3/2/2006
Opera Software has just come out with an updated beta version of of its web browser for Windows Mobile Pocket PCs.
A market research firm is predicting that smartphones will be nearly a 15 percent of the mobile phone market this year.
6. First Thoughts - Cingular 8125 Pocket PC phone 3/2/2006
Cingular's new Pocket PC phone mixes EDGE, Bluetooth, WiFi, and 128 MB of memory in with a large keyboard and lightweight design.
Microsoft "Origami" minitablet Google News goes mobile Opera for Windows Mobile beta 2 Sandisk to offer 8 GB CompactFlash card Bluetooth
8. Where Is the Garmin iQue 3000? 3/3/2006
The most recent addition to Garmin's line of Palm-powered handhelds with integrated GPS receivers is going to debut later than expected.
9. RIM, NTP Settle Once Again 3/3/2006
Once again Research In Motion (RIM) and NTP have come to an agreement to settle their long-running lawsuit.
10. HP Definitely Changing Its Mobile Focus 3/3/2006
One of HP's top executives made it clear that his company is losing interest in traditional handhelds and switching its focus to converged d
11. Spb Software House Updates Spb Pocket Plus 3/3/2006
There is a new version of a very popular collection of system enhancements for Windows Mobile devices.
Sony's next firmware update for the PSP has owners in quite a froth. They've already unveiled a web browser, that's actually better than mos
HP says handheld market will be dead in four years; Chicken Little confirms RIM & NTP settle suit for $612M, Blackberry saved Multi-input
14. Toshiba Considering Windows Mobile Smartphone 3/6/2006
Japanese electronics giant Toshiba is putting together its first smartphone, and there's a chance this could be the company's first widely-a
15. Samsung Unveils 8 GB Smartphone 3/6/2006
Just a month or so after announcing its first 4 GB smartphone, Samsung has announced one with twice that storage capacity.
16. Pocket Watch Software Releases ActivePrint 4.5 3/6/2006
Pocket Watch Software has released an update for its mobile printing solution for Windows Mobile 5.0 devices.
Samsung announces 8 GB smartphone Nokia E61 coming to US Report: Toshiba planning return to market
Today, Sharp took the wraps off the Zaurus SL-C3200, its latest model with a built-in 6 GB hard-drive.
19. T-Mobile Giving Away Free Wi-Fi Access 3/7/2006
T-Mobile customers can now use this company's Wi-Fi access points for free on weekends.
20. Listen to Streaming Music with SelectRadio 3/7/2006
SelectRadio allows users of compatible Windows Mobile handhelds to access a wide variety of live radio content.
Reports: Treo 700p on Sprint circa May/June "Origami" mini-tablets revealed; hype bigger than announcement Intel to launch WiMax cards lat
The official announcement of Microsoft's Origami Project isn't until tomorrow, but Intel has already given the world a look at some of the m
HP has push backed the release of a long-awaited operating system upgrade for its flagship handheld.
24. Palm Updates Cingular Treo 650 3/8/2006
Palm, Inc. has released a ROM update for the Cingular version of the Treo 650 smartphone. It includes a number of enhancements.
25. Ultra Mobile PCs Are Going to Be Very Important 3/9/2006
Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief explains why he thinks Microsoft's and Intel's vision for Ultra Mobile PCs is going to have a big impact on the
26. Use a Treo 650 as a Modem 3/9/2006
A new application allows people to use Treo 650 smartphones as a USB GPRS modem for a laptop or desktop computer.
27. VITO AudioPlayer v1.0 Released 3/9/2006
VITO Technology has released an audio player for both Pocket PCs and Smartphones.
28. First Origami Ultra Mobile PCs Unveiled 3/9/2006
Today, Intel officially announced the first three Ultra Mobile PCs (UMPCs) that are part of the Origami Project.
For those that have been in the dark for the past week, you might not have heard about the new Intel backed device that's being referred to
30. A Whirlwind Tour of CeBIT in Hannover Germany (pics) 3/9/2006
I was lucky enough to go to CeBIT in Hannover Germany this year, it was my second time there and once again I found myself awed at the size
31. Palm OS Interface to be Redesigned for Smartphones 3/10/2006
PalmSource says that the next version of the Palm OS might not have the same look and feel as previous ones.
32. Alarm.com Announces Support for PDAs 3/10/2006
Customers of Alarm.com are now able to manage and monitor their home and business security systems from their PDAs.
At the end of last year Samsung announced its M8000 Pocket PC Phone as the first PDA to include integrated WiBro (Wireless Broadband; the Ko
Fujitsu had featured their upcoming Loox releases at CeBIT 2006. These Pocket PC devices are just really nicely designed, very sleek lookin
Trip Boss allows Palm OS users to plan itineraries, track expenses, log mileage, budget vacations, keep a journal, rate places, and more.
Electric Pocket has released a version of it ringtone manager that is compatible with the first Treo smartphone running Windows Mobile 5.0.
37. Documents To Go Gets PDF-Related Update 3/13/2006
DataViz has introduced a small update to Documents To Go that includes new PDF-related features.
38. Six Apart Acquires SplashBlog Mobile Blogging Service 3/13/2006
Six Apart has acquired a mobile photo blogging application and service.
39. CeBIT 2006: Gigabyte G-Smart i SmartPhone 3/13/2006
Gigabyte had on display their G-Smart i at CeBIT this past week. Awful name for what looks like a pretty cool Windows Mobile 5 based phone.
40. CeBIT 2006: Asus P525 Windows Mobile Phone and GPS PDAs 3/13/2006
Asus had on display a few of their recent PDA offerings and an upcoming VoIP integrated SmartPhone, the Asus P525. The P525 first showed up
41. What's Up With the New High-Capacity SD Format? 3/14/2006
This Learning Center article gives the details on a new memory card format that's going to replace the well-established SD card format.
42. ActiveSync Getting a New Name, Facelift 3/14/2006
The next version of Microsoft's operating system for desktop computers will include some major changes in the synchronization software for P
T-Mobile offers free WiFi on weekend to cell customers BenQ announces reheated P51 Pocket PC phone Alternative pseudo-push email system
44. Nokia E Series Debuting Later this Month 3/15/2006
Nokia is on track to meet its self-imposed deadline and have three new business-oriented smartphones in consumers' hands by the end of this
45. Palm Carries Out Stock Split 3/15/2006
In February, Palm, Inc. announced a 2-for-1 split of its common stock. This took place before trading started this morning.
46. OQO Model 01+ Review 3/15/2006
The OQO Model 01+ is not quite a handheld computer, not quite a tablet, and not quite a laptop, but mimics functions of all three. It's a 1
47. HP No Longer Offering iPAQ hx4700 3/16/2006
In the last few days a device that was once HP's flagship handheld has quietly disappeared from this company's web site.
48. Create Podcasts with a Pocket PC 3/16/2006
AudioBay is a new application that lets users create and publish a podcast with just a Pocket PC.
49. Fujitsu Siemens Considering Ultra Mobile PC 3/16/2006
Fujitsu Siemens is in talks with Microsoft about joining the small group of companies offering a new class of mobile computers.
50. SplashData Names Morgan Slain As New CEO 3/16/2006
SplashData has picked a new CEO with experience at Mobile Digital Media, Palm, and The Walt Disney Company
51. Cingular 2125 Windows Smartphone Review 3/16/2006
The Cingular 2125 is the successor to the popular Audiovox SMT5600 Windows smartphone, featuring faster EDGE data, an updated OS, QVGA scree
52. Palm Introduces Wi-Fi Security Update for the TX 3/17/2006
Palm is now offering a wireless security update for its the TX. This lets this handheld connect to networks protected by 802.1x-based securi
53. Palm's LifeDrive Gets Another Price Cut 3/17/2006
For the second time in just a couple of months, Palm, Inc. has cut the price of its flagship handheld.
Gartner: UMPCs not practical, unlikely to sell Palm stock split goes through Analysts: Apple working on iPod phone Samsung: UMPC to d
55. DDH Software Announces New Version of HanDBase 3/20/2006
DDH Software has introduced HanDBase 3.5, a new version of its relational database for Palm OS, Windows Mobile, and Symbian S60.
56. Can A Treo Really Replace a Laptop? 3/20/2006
I'd like to propose a simple scenario to you. What if your computing devices consisted of a laptop and a Treo-style Smartphone? You use the
57. The Latest on the iPAQ hx4700 Windows Mobile 5.0 Upgrade 3/21/2006
An HP web site says that an operating system upgrade for the iPAQ hx4700 will be available soon.
Isotope 244's latest screensaver for the Pocket PC features a relaxing tropical island with animated palm trees and ocean waves.
59. Another Possible Release Date for the Treo 700p 3/21/2006
A new rumors says that Palm's next Treo smartphone will debut in late May. But there are reasons to question this information.
60. T-Mobile SDA User Review 3/21/2006
T-mobile released the T-mobile SDA Smartphone in mid February, and with its advanced features including WiFi, Windows Mobile 5.0, EDGE and m
61. iPAQ hx4700 Windows Mobile 5.0 Upgrade Finally Available 3/22/2006
HP is now allowing iPAQ hx4700 owners to download an operating system upgrade for their handhelds.
62. Free Guides Now Available for Thousands of U.S. Cities 3/22/2006
DiscoverOurTown, an Internet city guide for 2,000 cities in the United States, is now available for Palm OS and Windows Mobile handhelds and
63. Microsoft Says Again There'll Be No Xbox Portable 3/22/2006
Despite years of rumors, Microsoft executives continue to say that this company will never come out with a competitor for the Playstation Po
OS upgrade for iPaq hx4700 finally listed iPaq hx4700 apparently discontinued Rumor: release date for Palm Treo 700p WiFi update for Palm
65. Slingbox for Windows Mobile Released 3/23/2006
Sling Media has introduced a public beta version of SlingPlayer Mobile. This allows Pocket PC users to watch programs on their home TVs.
66. Possible Confirmation of Apple iPhone 3/23/2006
Supposedly, the fact that Apple is looking around for companies to produce its first mobile phone is an open secret in Taiwan.
67. Palm Treo Smartphones Increase Monster Mobility 3/23/2006
Treo smartphones are keeping employees of one of the largest career and recruitment resources, Monster.com, connected nationwide.
68. Palm, Inc. Must Commit to Palm OS for Linux 3/23/2006
In this editorial, Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief explains why he thinks it is critically important for Palm, Inc. to switch to the upcoming v
During its most recent financial quarter, success in the smartphone realm significantly increased both Palm, Inc.'s revenues and its profits
Palm had another great quarter, thanks almost entirely to the Treo family which accounted for 75% of Palm's revenue. Palm also talked up the
Jeff Hawkins continues to drop hints about his company's plans to introduce a new type of mobile device that's neither a handheld nor a smar
72. Palm Still Planning Three New Treos This Year 3/24/2006
During a conference call yesterday, Palm's president and CEO confirmed that his company still expects to release three new smartphones this
Possible confirmation of Apple iPod phone Slingbox mobile client now available Brighthand: Palm must commit to Linux Wrist ba
Brighthand.com and BargainPDA.com have combined to create one of the largest handheld computing focused sites on the web, bringing the lates
75. Palm, Inc. Celebrates Its Tenth Birthday 3/28/2006
It was 10 years ago that Palm, Inc. released its first handheld computers. Since then, the company has gone through good times and bad, and
76. The Latest on Palm's Upcoming Low-Cost Treo 3/28/2006
According to rumor, Palm is supposedly preparing a smartphone that, at its launch, will cost significantly less than previous Treos have.
77. Cingular Now Widely Offering Nokia 9300 Communicator 3/28/2006
A major U.S. cellular provider is finally going to offer one of Nokia's cellular-wireless handhelds to the general public.
78. Motorola Backpedals on Q Release 3/28/2006
Motorola is no longer committing to introducing a highly-anticipated Windows Mobile smartphone next month.
Claim: Low memory cripples Treo 700w Bluetooth SIG adopts Ultra-wide band standard WiFi almost everywhere in five years, says company; Goo
80. AvantGo Comes to Windows Mobile Smartphones 3/30/2006
Sybase's iAnywhere subsidiary has introduced a beta version of its AvantGo client for Windows Mobile smartphones.
81. TabletKiosk Introduces Ultra Mobile PC 3/30/2006
A fourth company has thrown its hat into the Ultra Mobile PC (UMPC) category: TabletKiosk.
82. Possible Confirmation of Non-PalmSource Palm OS 3/30/2006
A web site claims to have definitive proof that Palm, Inc. is developing its own Linux-based operating system, separate from the one being c
83. A Look into the Future of Traditional Handhelds 3/31/2006
In this editorial, Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief considers the future of traditional handhelds in a world increasingly being dominated by sma
BellSouth to New Orleans: shut down free WiFi Sprint plans for EVDO Revision A Rogers Canada to offer 1.5 Mbit wireless broadband 1SRC mo
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement