Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for March 2007. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2007 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
March 2007 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for March of 2007
Below are the 99 SmartPhone articles for March of 2007
Each month, Brighthand publishes a list of the most popular handhelds and smartphones. Possibly the most interesting shift in February was t
2. Is Nokia Going to Buy Palm? 3/1/2007
Rumors and speculation are heating up that Palm, Inc. will be acquired by another company, with Nokia supposedly being one of the top conten
Shipments of converged mobile devices increased substantially during both the fourth quarter of last year and during all of 2006, according
4. E-TEN Pre-Announces 3G Pocket PC Phone 3/3/2007
E-TEN has announced that it will be demonstrating an upcoming Pocket PC Phone at CeBIT, which kicks off later this month.
5. Resco Neeews! Review 3/4/2007
Antoine Wright brings us a review of Resco Neeews!, an RSS reader for the Palm OS.
6. Smartphone and PDA Deals - March 4, 2007 3/4/2007
Lots of free smartphones - Cingular 3125 and Treo 680 Want a better deal? Buy a BlackJack or Dash and get $25 back! Plantronics Explorer 3
7. RIM BlackBerry 8300 Leaked (pictures) 3/5/2007
RIM only two weeks ago formally launched the newly designed BlackBerry 8800, but it looks like it's keeping busy. Rumors are circulating of
8. Treo 680 Available Without a Camera 3/5/2007
Virtually whenever Palm, Inc. talks about the Treo 680, a mention is made of this smartphone's VGA camera. However, those interested in buyi
Jeff Hawkins, Palm's co-founder, has broadly hinted that his company will be releasing in just a few months a device that's neither a handhe
10. RIM Hit with Stock Option Scandal 3/5/2007
Research in Motion's Chairman is stepping down after his company admitted it has failed to properly account for employee stock options.
Despite what was said by several web sites last week, the report that Microsoft is not going to charge a license fee to companies who want t
12. Dell May Be Developing a Line of Smartphones 3/6/2007
If an unconfirmed report is correct, Dell is in the process of creating its first cellular-wireless devices.
13. New Details on Three Upcoming HTC Models 3/6/2007
New -- but unconfirmed -- information has emerged on three cellular-wireless devices HTC is expected to release later this year.
14. Sprint May Be Prepping Treo 755p 3/6/2007
A rumor indicates that Sprint will be launching a new smartphone from Palm, Inc. in a few months.
15. Rumor: Red RIM BlackBerry Pearl Coming Soon 3/7/2007
RIM may be close to launching a BlackBerry Pearl in a red casing. The Pearl is RIM's most consumer friendly unit to date, so it's a likely t
16. Palm Opens Research and Development Center in China 3/7/2007
Palm, Inc. has opened its first Research & Development and Operations Centre in the Asia Pacific region.
Mark/Space is now offering a public beta version of The Missing Sync for BlackBerry. This application allows BlackBerry devices from Researc
18. RIM BlackBerry 8300 Demo Video Emerges 3/7/2007
More news pouring out regarding the yet to be announced BlackBerry 8300 from RIM. This time the demo video has been captured and released on
19. Samsung Q2 UMPC Revealed 3/8/2007
An anonymous tipster has given Engadget an advanced look at the Samsung Q2 UMPC, which, unlike its predecessor, will include a built-in QWER
A Microsoft employee has tacitly admitted that at least one company is working on a Windows Mobile device with a 320-by-320-pixel touchscree
21. New Evidence of the Treo 755p 3/8/2007
The first hint of the Treo 755p came just a few days ago, and there's already some solid evidence that this model really is in development,
22. FlipStart Micro Laptop Drawing Close to Release 3/9/2007
After years in development, the FlipStart 1.0 is nearing its debut. This will be a computer so small that it might tempt those who need more
23. Palm Hires User Interface Guru 3/9/2007
Palm, Inc. has hired Paul Mercer, a former Apple employee who many feel is is one of the best in the world at creating user interfaces for c
24. New Daylight Saving Time Rules Start this Weekend 3/9/2007
The new rules for when Daylight Saving Time (DST) begins and ends are going into effect this weekend, and anyone who wants their mobile devi
25. Mobile Tech Notes -- .mobi, Motorola Q Cradle, Yahoo! 3/10/2007
400,000 .mobi Domain Names Now Registered Motorola Q Cradle Available Yahoo! and HTC Team Up
26. Rumors Circulating of Ultra-Thin, WiMAX Treo 3/10/2007
According to an anonymous source, Palm is going to release a smartphone late this year with some cutting-edge features.
27. Treo 680 Popping Up All Around the World 3/11/2007
The Palm Treo 680 debuted late last year in the United States, and since then this Palm OS smartphone has gone on the market in numerous cou
Jaiku Social Phonebook Brings Social Networking to Symbian Phones' Contacts MSN Mobile Beta Released A6 Times Update Supports Podcasts
29. Socket Mobile Unveils SoMo 650 for Businesses 3/11/2007
Socket Mobile has taken the wraps off an upcoming handheld built to address the market between consumer-oriented handhelds and heavy duty in
30. PDA and Smartphone Deals - 3/11/07 3/11/2007
BlackBerry Pearl - Get $75 Back! New Slingbox AV, $125 Motorola Q Black or Silver - $99 Treo 680, Dash, 3125 - All Free!
AT&T (formerly Cingular) has just become to first wireless carrier to offer the BlackBerry Pearl in a red casing. It also also offering the
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group has proposed the specifications for Bluetooth 2.1+EDR. This will include some features many will welcom
33. Just Mobile RoKy² Portable Keyboard Review 3/12/2007
The RoKy² is an unusual keyboard made out of fabric that uses Bluetooth to work with a wide variety of handhelds and smartphones. Brighthan
34. Why Mobile Browsing Has a Chance 3/12/2007
In his latest editorial, Antoine Wright explains what he thinks needs to change in order for surfing the Web on a smartphone or handheld to
35. RIM BlackBerry 8800 First Impressions Review 3/12/2007
Brighthand's Adama D. Brown takes a preliminary look at Research In Motion's BlackBerry 8800, the latest in this company's popular line of m
36. Job Posting Sets Off New Round of Google Phone Rumors 3/13/2007
A job posting on this Google's web site is being taken by many as proof that Google is developing some kind of wireless device that can use
37. Organize Your Thoughts with SplashNotes 3/13/2007
SplashData has just begun offering a software tool aimed at helping Palm OS users outline and organize everything from work projects, meetin
38. SanDisk Releases 32 GB Solid State 2.5-Inch Hard Drive 3/13/2007
SanDisk has announced a 2.5-inch 32 GB capacity SSD that could be dropped into any UMPC or micro-notebook and work right out of the gate.
39. Zenum Close to Releasing Super Sleek Pocket PC Phone 3/14/2007
Swiss-based Zenum Technologies says it is almost ready to put the Opus Operis on the market. This will be very functional Pocket PC phone wi
40. Microsoft Acquiring Voice Services Company 3/14/2007
Microsoft has just announced it is acquire Tellme Networks, a company with long experience in providing services that are controlled with th
41. Cingular 8525 Review 3/14/2007
The Cingular 8525 is a Pocket PC phone with a built-in keyboard, Wi-Fi b/g, and 3G cellular-wireless networking. Adama D. Brown brings us th
42. E-TEN Announces Pocket PC Phone with VGA Screen 3/15/2007
E-TEN Information Systems has just taken the wraps off its latest Pocket PC phone, the Glofiish X800. This device will offer several cutting
43. EDGE Evolution to Triple Data Speeds by 2009 3/15/2007
Ericsson has restated its commitment to launch EDGE Evolution as a software upgrade of the existing cellular-wireless infrastructure by 2009
44. JAVOedge's JAVOSkin Case and Stylograph Reviews 3/15/2007
Brighthand's Antoine Wright tried out a pair of peripherals from JAVOedge and brings us reviews of both of them: a skin-tight case and a sty
45. Make a Nintendo DS Into More than a Toy 3/15/2007
Opera Software has just announced that a version of its web browser for the Nintendo DS will be introduced in North America this summer.
46. ASUS Unveils Rugged UMPC 3/16/2007
At the CeBIT tradeshow going on now in Germany, ASUS is demoing a rugged, convertible UMPC with a built in keyboard.
Last weekend, when the new DST rules went into effect, many people simply manually changed the time on their device and assumed that the pro
48. ASUS Launches A626 Pocket PC 3/16/2007
ASUS has introduced the A626, a traditional Pocket PC with a metal casing and a slim design.
Vodafone Announces New Flat-Rate Data Roaming Charge Apple Has Received $400 million in Free iPhone Publicity Sprint Nextel to Roll Out
50. Samsung Q1 Ultra UMPC First Thoughts Review 3/17/2007
Samsung demonstrated its latest UMPC at CeBIT this week, and Andrew Baxter was there to put this new device through its paces.
51. SanDisk Releasing 4 GB microSDHC Card Later This Year 3/18/2007
SanDisk has announced plans to release a 4 GB microSD High Capacity (SDHC) card at some point later this year. Currently, the highest capaci
52. Digital Cube i-Station G43 UMPC First Thoughts Review 3/18/2007
Andrew Baxter was at CeBIT 2007 in Germany last week, and took the opportunity to check out some of the latest Ultra Mobile PCs, including o
53. PDA and Smartphone Deals - 3/18/07 3/18/2007
Throwback - Jornada 720, $125! Free Smartphones - T-Mobile Dash, Cingular 3125 Smartphones with Money Back - Palm Treo 680, Samsung BlackJ
Nokia Releases New Version of PC Suite Ftp Explorer Mobile 2007 Debuts New Piel Frama Universal Treo Cases Introduced Vaja i-Volution S
55. HTC Excalibur May Be Coming to Canada 3/19/2007
There's strong evidence that Rogers Canada is planning to offer a Windows Mobile Smartphone with a built-in keyboard that was developed by H
56. Google Exec Confirms the gPhone 3/19/2007
A high-level Google executive has acknowledged that her company is doing R&D on a mobile phone, something that has only been rumored up unti
57. Palm Acquisition May Be Announced in Two Days 3/20/2007
Rumors have been circulating for weeks that Palm, Inc. is going to be bought by another company, and supposedly a deal could be announced as
58. Microsoft Explains Windows Mobile Name Changes 3/20/2007
With the introduction of Windows Mobile 6, Microsoft changed the names of the various sub-versions of this operating system. One of this com
59. Microsoft's Direct Push Technology Comes to the Treo 650 3/20/2007
A software update has just been released that brings Microsoft's Direct Push Technology to the Treo 650.
NewsGator Now Offering RSS Reader for BlackBerry SanDisk Launches Premier Line of microSD Cards BoxWave Releases Cases for T-Mobile Da
61. T-Mobile Distributing Significant Sidekick 3 Update 3/21/2007
T-Mobile has begun disseminating to users a system software update for the Sidekick 3. This provides a variety of improvements, including su
62. Two GPS-Enabled Phones Debut Today from Pharos 3/21/2007
Pharos has launched a pair of GPS-enabled Pocket PC phones that offer both work and entertainment features.
63. Motorola May Be the Most Likely to Buy Palm 3/22/2007
One of Palm Inc.'s biggest investors has says that he expects this company will be acquired by Motorola.
64. Google Exec Denies gPhone in Development 3/22/2007
Yesterday, a high-level executive at Google said that his company doesn't have a mobile phone in development, contradicting what a different
65. TabletKiosk Introduces a Rugged UMPC 3/22/2007
TabletKiosk has announced that it is entering the rugged UMPC market with the eo TufTab v7112XT which is resistant to water and dust, and al
66. Judge Puts NTP Patent Lawsuit Against Palm On Hold 3/22/2007
A federal judge has granted a stay of proceedings in the patent infringement lawsuit brought against Palm by NTP, giving the Patent Office t
67. Palm Reports Higher Quarterly Revenues but Lower Profits 3/22/2007
Palm, Inc. has just released the results of its most recent financial quarter, during which the company shipped a record number of smartphon
68. No Word on Rumored Palm Buyout 3/22/2007
Despite rampant rumors and speculation, Palm, Inc. did not announce that it was being acquired today.
69. Nokia Now Shipping N95 Entertainment Smartphone 3/23/2007
Nokia has begun shipping a highly-anticipated high-end S60 smartphone with cutting-edge features.
70. T-Mobile Prepping a Less Expensive Sidekick 3/23/2007
The current T-Mobile Sidekick is somewhat expensive for its target market, which is why an entry-level model is supposedly in development.
71. iPhone May Be Heading to Vodafone 3/24/2007
According to an unconfirmed report, Vodafone may be the sole European distrubitor of the iPhone.
72. TeleNav and Sprint Launching Sprint Navigation 3/24/2007
Sprint is teaming with TeleNav to offer a service that will give users turn-by-turn voice and on-screen directions.
73. Best Look So Far at the HTC Kaiser 3/25/2007
Pocket PC phones with slide-up screens are fairly common these days, but HTC has a model coming up that takes this concept in a new directio
74. PDA and Smartphone Deals - 3/25/07 3/25/2007
Free Smartphones - T-Mobile Dash, Cingular 3125 Get Money Back - Palm Treo 680, BlackBerry Pearl, Samsung BlackJack New Pharos GPS Phone
75. Samsung BlackJack System Software Update Now Available 3/26/2007
Samsung has released a update for the system software on the BlackJack, a Windows Mobile Smartphone exclusively offered by Cingular Wireless
76. HP Will No Longer Ship Outlook with Its iPAQs 3/26/2007
Windows Mobile handhelds and smartphones have always come with a copy of of Microsoft Outlook, as this application is needed to synchronize
77. UMPC-Like Handheld from HTC Will Be Released in the U.S. 3/26/2007
HTC revealed today that its "Athena" handheld will be introduced in the United States. This device will include a 5-inch VGA screen, an 8 GB
78. HTC Announces Its First Device Running Windows Vista 3/26/2007
HTC has just taken the wraps off a UMPC-like computer it is calling the Shift. This will be its first model running a full version of Window
79. Palm Debuts Multiple Hands-Free Accessories 3/26/2007
Palm, Inc. has made several additions to its line of hands-free accessories, including three car kits and a new combination GPS/hands-free s
Pocket Tunes Adds Windows Media Player 11 Support CalliGrapher 8.5 Released BlackBerry Devices Get Cases from Piel Frama and Vaja Palm
81. Palm To Offer Free Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade for Treo 750 3/27/2007
Palm has announced plans to provide a free Windows Mobile 6 upgrade for Treo 750 owners.
82. A Closer Look at the HTC Shift 3/27/2007
The HTC Shift, this company's upcoming UMPC, is on display at the CTIA Wireless tradeshow, and Brighthand's Brian Beeler is there to get a c
Microsoft has announced the launch of ZenZui, an independent company that is offering a new user interface for mobile devices that was initi
84. Symbian 9.5 Launching Today 3/27/2007
Symbian Ltd. has just announced the launch of Symbian OS 9.5, the latest version of its very popular operating system for smartphones.
85. RIM Makes Adding Multimedia to BlackBerry Apps Easier 3/28/2007
Now that RIM is offering two models with real support for playing audio and video files, the company has announced that it is allowing devel
A Nokia spokesperson has revealed when a a highly-anticipated S60 smartphone will be available in the United States, and what it will cost.
87. HP Showing Off Its First Windows Mobile 6 Smartphone 3/28/2007
The CTIA Wireless tradeshow is going on now in Orlando, and HP using taking the opportunity to demonstrate the iPAQ 510 Voice Messenger. Bri
88. Beta of SlingPlayer Mobile for Palm OS Now Available 3/28/2007
Sling Media is now allowing Treo 700p owners who want to try out the beta of the Palm OS version of SlingPlayer Mobile to download it.
Sena Cases Launches New Collection of Blackberry Cases for the 8800 Series Palm Treo 750 Released on 3 Network in Austria Conduits Techn
90. Microsoft Offering Beta of Deepfish Mobile Browser 3/29/2007
Microsoft Live Labs has opened a semi-public beta of a new web browser for Windows Mobile devices. The goal of this application -- code-name
91. Motorola Q9 First Thoughts Review 3/29/2007
Brighthand's Brian Beeler got a chance to test out the neext generation Motorola Q at the CTIA tradeshow this week, and brings us his initi
92. Bluetooth 2.1 Formally Announced 3/29/2007
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group (SIG) has announced the details of a new version of its short-range wireless networking standard, which
93. I Don't Want to Convince You to Buy A Smartphone 3/29/2007
In his latest editorial, Antoine Wright promises he isn't trying to convince everyone he meets to get a smartphone. If someone insists on ma
In the wake of Microsoft's announcement of Windows Mobile 6, AT&T has promised that some -- but not all -- of its current Windows Mobile 5 d
Business Technology Solved has released Vista Simple Installer, an application that performs the same tasks as Palm Quick Install, but offer
96. Close Up with the i-mate JAQ4 3/30/2007
i-mate has its next Windows Mobile Phone on display at the CTIA Wireless tradeshow this week, and Brighthand's Brian Beeler took the opportu
97. First Images of the Treo 755p Emerge 3/30/2007
Some images of an upcoming Treo smartphone have appeared that apparently confirm many of earlier rumors about this device.
SanDisk Introduces 4 GB Memory Stick Micro CardAstraware Releases the Cake Mania: Back to the Bakery Expansion PackHudson Mobile Now Offerin
99. Possible Release Date for the iPhone Identified 3/31/2007
A source a Cingular has revealed the day Apple's upcoming combination smartphone and iPod is expected to be introduced.
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement