Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for March 2009. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2009 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
March 2009 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for March of 2009
Below are the 106 SmartPhone articles for March of 2009
An updated version of the Maemo 5 Alpha SDK has been released. This includes the first shots of the new Maemo 5 user interface.
2. Palm Treo Pro May Debut from Alltel this Week 3/2/2009
Alltel will reportedly introduce the Palm Treo Pro in just a few days, apparently putting it on course to be the first U.S. wireless carrier
3. HTC Touch Pro2 Already Available for Pre-Order 3/2/2009
Those who would like to be among the first to get their hands on an HTC Touch Pro2 should be aware that the line to buy this this high-end W
Each month, Brighthand publishes a list of the handhelds and smartphones that readers have shown the most interest in during the preceding f
5. Amazon Kindle 2 Review 3/2/2009
The Kindle 2 is Amazon's second attempt to bring e-books to the masses. The new version brings a number of improvements to the line, with a
6. HTC Touch Diamond System Software Updated 3/2/2009
HTC has released a small update for the system software on the unlocked version of the Touch Diamond Windows phone.
T-Mobile USA is now offering its customers a $50 a month unlimited voice service. However, there's a catch: the only ones who are eligible a
Additional information has leaked out of HTC on an upcoming messaging-oriented smartphone -- code-named the HTC Maple.
9. Mio Unveils Explora K70 Navigation Smartphone 3/3/2009
Mio has taken the wraps off its latest navigation-oriented smartphone, the Explora K70. This Windows phone will have wQVGA touchscreen, 3G,
10. BlackBerry Curve 8900 Review 3/3/2009
The BlackBerry Curve 8900 is a thin and light smartphone with a full QWERTY keyboard and support for T-Mobile's Wi-Fi VoIP service. It takes
11. Palm Will Survive To Launch the Pre... Barely 3/4/2009
Palm, Inc. has warned investors that its revenue dropped dramatically last quarter. Nevertheless, the company is confident that this won't a
In a recent interview, a spokesperson from Nokia alluded to the removal of digital rights management (DRM) security from music that's part o
After months of delays, Sprint will introduce Palm's latest Windows Mobile smartphone, the Treo Pro, in the middle of this month. This devic
Amazon.com released a new version of its Kindle e-book reader just last week, but people who want access to this onine retaier's vast select
The Celio Redfly turns a smartphone into a netbook, but it's currently available only for Windows Mobile devices... at least for now. A high
16. New Details Emerge on Seven Windows Phones from HTC 3/4/2009
Details have emerged on no less than seven smartphones coming later this year from HTC, including the follow-up models for the HTC Touch HD
17. Palm Treo Pro Now Available from Alltel 3/5/2009
Alltel has just launched the Palm Treo Pro, making it the first U.S. wireless carrier to offer this Windows phone, which sports a number of
18. Microsoft CEO Promises Faster Windows Mobile Updates 3/5/2009
Steve Ballmer has promised his company is working hard to remedy one of the biggest complaints about Windows Mobile: the slow pace of update
19. Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 Review 3/5/2009
The Xperia X1 is the first Windows Mobile smartphone from Sony Ericsson. It's an ambitious start: a WVGA touchscreen, built-in keyboard, GPS
20. Is This the Samsung Instinct Mini? 3/5/2009
Rumors of the Samsung's Instinct Mini have been around for months, but the first images may have just surfaced of this device which is suppo
21. We Need Your Help! 3/6/2009
We're looking for people in NYC who would like to tell us about their recent technology purchases and thoughts on Brighthand.com.
Research in Motion has released more information about the software store that will soon be included on BlackBerry smartphones.
Barnes & Noble has acquired Fictionwise, a long-time e-book retailer. This purchase is a clear move to counter Amazon.com's growing influenc
24. An Early Look at Verizon's HTC Touch Diamond 3/7/2009
Verizon Wireless is apparently getting close tointroducing a consumer-oriented Windows phone from HTC, andmany of the details on its version
25. Could the Palm Pre Debut Be Right Around the Corner? 3/7/2009
There's still no definite word on when the Palm Pre will debut, but Sprint could be signaling that the release is getting close... or it may
26. New Info on Nokia E71 Points to Impending Release 3/8/2009
The Nokia E71 has appeared on a major retailer's stock sheet, pointing toward this S60-powered smartphone's nearing release by AT&T.
27. Nokia E63 Preliminary Review 3/8/2009
The Nokia E63 is a surprisingly inexpensive S60 smartphone that recently debuted in North America. It's the latest of Nokia's keyboard-based
28. Google Finance App for Android Released 3/9/2009
Google has released a mobile version of Google Finance for Android-based devices. This allows users to follow the stock markets throughout t
29. Apple Netbook May Be Coming this Fall 3/9/2009
According to reports coming from hardware companies in China, Apple will release a touchscreen-based netbook later this year. However, it's
Motorola has launched the MC55 series, a relatively small and light addition to its family of Enterprise Digital Assistants. These rugged ha
31. Acer Wants to Offer Very Affordable Smartphones 3/10/2009
Acer has been putting together a major push into the smartphone market for some time now, and now the company has revealed its strategy for
32. Details on Apple's Netbook Trickling Out 3/10/2009
One of the most solid reports yet on Apple's rumored plan to release a netbook emerged yesterday, and this has been followed by a additional
33. LG Versa Review 3/10/2009
The LG Versa is one of the newest phones available on the Verizon network, and it's aptly named because it's removable keyboard makes it qui
34. T-Mobile G1 Now Available for Under $100 3/11/2009
Amazon.com is now offering the T-Mobile G1 at a special price -- just over half what this Android-based smartphone normally sells for.
35. Nokia Unveils First XpressMusic Phone with a Keyboard 3/11/2009
Nokia has just taken the wraps off a trio of smartphones with support for its music store. One of these, the Nokia 5730 XpressMusic, will of
36. Growth in the Smartphone Market Under Pressure 3/11/2009
The global smartphone market grew strongly in 2008, but that growth was showing signs of slowing by the end of the year. Several device make
Microsoft recently announced that Windows smartphones coming later this year will include an on-device application store. This software gia
T-Mobile plans an April release for a long-awaited system software update for the T-Mobile G1 that will add some important new features.
Many people around the world have been holding their breath waiting for word on when the first webOS-powered smartphone will be available in
40. Palm Pulls in $84 Million in Stock Sale 3/12/2009
Palm and Elevation Partners sold off about 23 million Palm shares this week, netting the smartphone maker $83.9 million. The company will us
41. iPhone Hacking: Lessons from the Front Line 3/12/2009
The iPhone is an enormous IT challenge that's here to stay, no matter how hard enterprises try to ignore it.
42. iPhone 3.0 Will Be Unveiled on March 17 3/12/2009
Apple has just announced that iPhone 3.0 -- the next version of the system software for this smartphone -- will be unveiled next week.
During a webinar today, Palm implied that future versions of the webOS will enable developers to create high-end games for the Palm Pre.
44. Sirius Prepping a Streaming Radio App for the iPhone 3/12/2009
Sirius XM, best known for its satellite radio service, is planning to introduce software later this year that will let iPhone users listen t
45. Google Voice Could Change Phone Service 3/13/2009
The newly-announced Google Voice has the potential to significantly change the way a great many people use their phones. It's a collection o
Spearstone has added a smartphone application to its DiskAgent line of products. This allows users to remotely wipe, disable, or lock a devi
The online retailer eXpansys is offering a special deal on the Nokia N85 NAM. Today only, it is available for $80 off the regular price.
48. Samsung Propel Review 3/13/2009
The Samsung Propel offers a sliding keyboard, camera, and 3G antenna in a compact form factor. This AT&T-powered phone is web enabled with a
49. Timetable for Future Versions of the Symbian OS Revealed 3/13/2009
The Symbian Foundation is in the process of transforming the Symbian OS -- merging the S60 user interface into the Symbian backend and takin
50. RBC Capital Thinks the webOS Will Save Palm 3/13/2009
This morning, RBC Capital raised its rating on Palm stock to outperform, and significantly increased its estimate of what Palm's shares are
51. geoDefense Tower Defense Game for iPhone Updated 3/15/2009
Critical Thought Games has released geoDefense 1.1 on the iTunes App Store. In this tower defense game, players stop various types of geomet
52. PhotoInbox Adds Images to S60 Text Notifications 3/15/2009
PhotoInbox from MojosStudios is for those who are bored by the simple text notifications of incoming messages provided by their S60 smartpho
53. Sprint Launches the Palm Treo Pro... Really 3/15/2009
Sprint has introduced Palm's latest Windows Mobile smartphone... for real this time. The Treo Pro offers mobile broadband, Wi-Fi, a keyboard
54. T-Mobile Shadow II Preliminary Review 3/15/2009
The T-Mobile Shadow II is a Windows phone with a portrait-oriented, sliding keypad. It has a better user interface than the standard one, an
55. iPhone 3.0 May Have Copy-and-Paste but No Multitasking 3/16/2009
Apple is going to officially unveil -- but not release -- the iPhone 3.0 system software tomorrow, and rumors and speculation about what it
56. Samsung Propel Pro Could Debut this Week 3/16/2009
AT&T will release the Samsung Propel Pro on Wednesday of this week, if an unconfirmed report is correct. This device will be an enhanced ver
57. Sprint's 2009 Product Roadmap Leaks Out 3/16/2009
Sprint's entire product lineup for much of the rest of this year has apparently leaked out. Among the highlights are the HTC Touch Pro2 on t
58. TetherBerry Review 3/17/2009
TetherBerry is an app that allows your PC to take advantage of your BlackBerry's Internet connectivity via a USB cable. It provides a simple
HTC's CEO revealed today that his company is definitely going to release three smartphones running Google's Android OS this year, and maybe
Samsung gave the world a small glimpse of its first model running Google's Android operating system for smartphones. This device is expected
61. Apple Dishes the Details on iPhone 3.0 3/17/2009
Apple has just given the world its first look at iPhone 3.0 -- an upcoming version of the system software for its smartphone and handheld. A
62. Android-Based T-Mobile G1 Gets Third-Party Tethering App 3/17/2009
There's good news for the people who are holding off getting a T-Mobile G1 until this Android-powered smartphone can be used as a modem for
63. Brighthand Launches Video Library 3/18/2009
Today, Brighthand.com, along with the rest of the sites of the TechnologyGuide.com family, is proud to announce the launch of our network-wi
64. Facebook Connect Comes to the iPhone and iPod touch 3/18/2009
Facebook Connect is a new extension of the Facebook platform that lets developers add this site's social networking to their applications.
65. First Mobile Firefox Beta Released for Nokia N810 3/18/2009
The Mozilla Foundation has released its first beta version of Mobile Firefox for the Nokia N810.
Palm, Inc. designed its next smartphone, the Palm Pre, itself, but this company outsources all its device production. The OEM that will be m
According to several sources, the HTC Maple will be released at the CTIA tradeshow next month. This device will be the replacement for the T
68. Videos from Last Week's Palm Pre Webinar Now Available 3/18/2009
Last week, Palm, Inc. and Sprint held a webinar to show off the upcoming Palm Pre. It was a press-only event, but Sprint has posted to YouTu
69. Samsung Omnia HD May Get Windows Mobile 6.5 3/18/2009
When Samsung unveiled the OmniaHD last month, it said this upcoming multimedia-oriented smartphone will be based on Symbian S60. A new but u
Several well-known mobile phone makers are working on their first devices running Google's Android OS, but Samsung will be the next to relea
Palm, Inc. is going to take a page from its competitors and release free software updates that will enhance its webOS devices -- including t
72. Microsoft Adding Web Widgets to Windows Mobile 6.5 3/19/2009
Microsoft has announced that the version of Windows Mobile scheduled for release later this year will include support for a class of small w
As Palm works to release the Palm Pre later this year, revenue from its current products has dropped dramatically.
74. Free YouTube Player for Windows Mobile, S60 Released 3/20/2009
Google has released a free application to allow Windows Mobile and S60 phones to play YouTube videos.
Developers hunting through the new iPhone 3.0 software have turned up evidence of no less than six upcoming smartphones, handhelds, and simi
76. Windows Mobile 6.5 Losing the Honeycomb Look 3/20/2009
When Microsoft unveiled Windows Mobile 6.5 last month, many looked askance at the new Start Menu. The hexagonal tiles weren't popular, and h
Although originally slated to be part of the N-Gage gaming service, the Nokia N73, N93 and N93i models will not receive N-Gage support.
78. Future Apple iPhone and Netbook May Use OLED Screens 3/21/2009
LG will reportedly make OLED displays for use in the next generation of the Apple iPhone and iPod touch, as well as this company's first net
Dell has supposedly been working on its first smartphones for some time, and was hoping to enter the market this year. However, an industry
AT&T will soon begin offering Apple's iPhone 3G without requiring customers to sign up for a new two-year contract.
81. Nokia Releases Updated Version of Mail for Exchange 3/23/2009
Nokia's Mail for Exchange application has seen a minor update to address some user experience and performance issues.
82. Two of Palm's Windows Mobile Devices May Be Delayed 3/23/2009
The debuts of a pair of Palm's smartphones have reportedly been pushed back to the end of the year. Still, there's a silver lining for this
83. More Upcoming HTC Models Come to Light 3/23/2009
Code-names and some details on quite a number of upcoming smartphones from HTC have emerged in recent weeks, and now a few more models have
84. More Details on the Next-Generation iPhone Leaking Out 3/23/2009
Rumors are flying fast and quick about the iPhone model that is widely expected to be released this summer. Some of the say this device will
A version of Astraware Sudoku has been released for BlackBerry smartphones. This game allows users to download a puzzle every day for no add
86. Nokia E71 Launch on AT&T May Have Been Delayed 3/24/2009
The imminent debut of the Nokia E71 on AT&T may have been pushed back by as much as two months.
87. Acer's First Android Smartphone Will Debut in September 3/24/2009
The Acer A1 is scheduled for release in early fall. This will be this company's first smartphone running Google's Android operating system.
88. AT&T Netbook Could Sell for an Amazingly Low Price 3/24/2009
There's a new rumor out about a netbook coming to AT&T, and it should be music to the ears of anyone who is interested in a very affordable
89. Michael Dell Confirms Smartphone Plans 3/24/2009
Michael Dell has reportedly confirmed that his company is developing a smartphone, though he didn't divulge when this will be available.
90. T-Mobile USA Launches Its First 3G USB Modem 3/25/2009
T-Mobile USA has just introduced the webConnect USB Laptop Stick, a plug-in cellular-wireless modem for laptops and netbooks.
91. Palringo Free IM App Released for Android Devices 3/25/2009
A version of the Palringo instant messaging app has been released for devices using the Google Android operating system.
92. Sprint Promises a WiMAX Phone... Eventually 3/25/2009
Sprint has committed to releasing a phone with the 4G cellular-wireless technology WiMAX, but its being more than a bit vague about when thi
93. Possible Screenshots of Windows Mobile 7 Emerge 3/25/2009
Microsoft hasn't said very much about Windows Mobile 7 -- a new version of this operating system expected next year -- but some screenshots
94. Skype 3.0 Beta for Windows Mobile Released to the Public 3/25/2009
Skype 2.5 for Windows Mobile recently went gold, and a beta of Skype 3.0 for this platform is already available for download.
A new version of the Google Mobile App for BlackBerry makes it easier for users to find what they are looking for with a minimal amount of t
96. A First Glimpse of the HTC Touch Pro2 for T-Mobile 3/25/2009
Several sources have indicated that the HTC Touch Pro2 is on the way to T-Mobile, and now an image of this version has appeared on the Web.
97. Astraware Offering Several Classic Games for Half Price 3/26/2009
For the rest of this month, Astraware Sudoku, Astraware Casino, Astraware Boardgames, and Astraware Solitaire are all available for under $5
Verizon Wireless is offering several Windows Mobile devices at very low prices. Some of these are inexpensive because they have been discont
99. Pantech Matrix Pro Review 3/26/2009
AT&T offers the Pantech Matrix Pro. This Windows Mobile smartphone has an unusual design featuring both a sliding keyboard and a separate sl
100. iPhone 3G Now Available Without a Contract 3/27/2009
Those who would like to get an iPhone 3G without having to start a new two-year contract can do so now, if they are willing to pay the extra
101. SlingPlayer Mobile for BlackBerry Moves Out Of Beta 3/27/2009
BlackBerry users can watch TV programs streamed to their smartphones thanks Sling Media's SlingPlayer Mobile, which has just officially exi
102. Nokia E71x Now Officially on Its Way to AT&T 3/30/2009
The long wait is almost over for those in the U.S. who have been hoping for a carrier-banded version of the Nokia E71: AT&T has finally just
103. Samsung Propel Pro Will Debut in April 3/30/2009
AT&T is taking one of its featurephones, the Samsung Propel, and making it into a full-blown smartphone by adding Windows Mobile.
104. Skype for iPhone Coming Tomorrow 3/30/2009
Skype's VoIP client for the iPhone will be available on Tuesday, while a BlackBerry version is scheduled for a late spring release.
TealOS is a third-party application that tries to bring the card-based interface of the hotly-anticipated Palm Pre to other smartphones. Not
106. Major Firmware Update Released for Nokia 5800 XpressMusic 3/31/2009
Nokia's most recent touchscreen Symbian device, the 5800 XpressMusic, has a new firmware release available with improvements and new feature
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement