Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for April 2005. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2005 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
April 2005 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for April of 2005
Below are the 102 SmartPhone articles for April of 2005
1. Handhelds Are Doomed 4/1/2005
Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief decides to come clean and admit that handhelds have no future. And rather than fighting the trend, he's decided
2. Tungsten E2 May Be Coming April 10 4/1/2005
A retailer says that palmOne's next low-cost handheld aimed at business users will be released in just over a week.
3. Windows Mobile 2005 Will Offer Push Email 4/1/2005
The upcoming versions of Microsoft Exchange and Windows Mobile will include built-in support for true push email.
PalmSource has reported that its revenue dropped substantially during its most recent financial quarter, and it also reported a net loss.
5. What's a PDA? 4/1/2005
Recently we've been seeing headlines such as "Handheld market free fall continues", followed the next week by a headline "Smartphone sales c
6. T-Mobile Once Again Offering iPAQ h6315 4/2/2005
After pulling this device from its shelves and web site last month, T-Mobile U.S.A. is once again offering the iPAQ h6315.
N-Gage Arena members can download a free exclusive demo of the mutant action adventure RPG X-Men Legends.
Nokia today announced that it has started shipping one of its most anticipated N-Gage games, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory.
9. Get Ready for the 100 Gigabyte SD Card 4/4/2005
IBM recently announced it is developing a new method of storing data that will fit more than 1 terabit into a single square inch.
10. The Latest on the iPAQ hw6500 4/4/2005
Apparently someone at the FCC slipped up, because all the embargoed information on HP's upcoming cellular-wireless Pocket PC is now availabl
11. Treo 650 Coming to Verizon Wireless 4/4/2005
It's not really a surprise, but Verizon Wireless has committed to offering the palmOne Treo 650, the latest smartphone from palmOne.
12. Merits of the PDA Manual - To Read or Not to Read 4/4/2005
I had a chance this weekend to help a friend set up her budget and also give her some training and free programs with her PDA. I went about
13. Verizon Confirms Plans to Carry the palmOne Treo 650 4/4/2005
Verizon has posted a page on their site promoting the palmOne Treo 650 on their network. It doesn't look like there are any wholesale change
Oswin Technology intends to release versions of its latest smartphone running not only the Palm OS and Pocket PC, but also Linux, MXI, and W
15. Another Possible Picture of palmOne LifeDrive 4/5/2005
A new picture of what is supposed to be palmOne's next high-end handheld has appeared. This shows the device from several angles.
Mark/Space, Inc. has announced The Missing Sync for Windows Mobile, a substantial update to The Missing Sync for Pocket PC, synchronization
17. The Right to Get What You Paid For 4/5/2005
Do we really have a right to complain if a company short changes us when it comes to a product or services? Yes, we have the right to get wh
18. Hitachi Lays Groundwork for the 20 GB Microdrive 4/6/2005
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies says it has managed to double the data density of its hard drives.
19. RIM Unprofitable, But With Good Reason 4/6/2005
Research in Motion has reported its first unprofitable quarter in a very long time. However, this was caused by the settlement of its lawsui
20. Could Push Email Be Delaying Windows Mobile 2005? 4/6/2005
Although many want push email to be included in the next version of Microsoft's mobile operating system, it's possible that this feature is
21. Sighting of a Windows Mobile Treo Reported 4/6/2005
A web site claims one of its reporters actually got a brief glimpse of a Treo smartphone running Windows Mobile.
Hitachi says 20GB microdrives coming Orange UK rejects Treo 650; possible Windows Treo sighting Asian company touts new smartphone design
23. SecureWord.Mobile - New Free Software for Pocket PC 4/7/2005
SecureWord.Mobile is a new password manager for Pocket PC that uses the Advanced Encryption Standard.
PalmSource is now accepting nominations for the 2005 US Powered Up Awards that will be given at the PalmSource Mobile Summit & DevCon.
HP isn't trying to keep too many secrets about their new breed of PDA/Smartphone. They've posted a page about the hw6515 on their Dutch site
26. There Won't Be a Zire 73 4/8/2005
Despite numerous rumors, Brighthand's Ed Hardy says that the Zire 73 is a fantasy. Instead, palmOne is going to put out a much, much better
27. PDA and Tech Deals for 4/8/2005 - 4/11/2005 4/8/2005
Dell.com up to $90 off Coupon Codes (expire 4/13/05)PalmOne Tungsten T5 Handheld $330 shipped After RebateBuy.com: RIM Blackberry 7100g PDA
28. Dell Axim X50v - User Reviews 4/9/2005
The Dell Axim X50v is one of the most popular PDAs on the market and at the moment #1 on this site. You may have read our review and many ot
High Noon Drifter - Dead Man's Gulch, a first-person "Old West Shoot 'em Up" adventure, is being offered for free in celebration of the comp
30. Sync Your iPod With Palm Desktop 4/11/2005
Thanks to a new application from Sappenin called PalmPod, iPod owners can now sync their Palm Desktop calendar, to do items, contacts and me
31. Introducing... Bluetooth Version 2.0 4/11/2005
Your Tablet PC, cell phone or PDA is bound to have a built-in Bluetooth radio. This short-range wireless technology has evolved into a a bra
32. BoxWave Releases Active Case for the Dell Axim X50/X50v 4/12/2005
The Active Case line provides the protection of a crystal-clear hard shell, and the ability to view calendar and contacts without opening th
33. New Samsung Palm OS Smartphone Comes to China 4/12/2005
Samsung has introduced in China the SCH-i539, a Palm OS Garnet smartphone with a clamshell design.
34. palmOne Cuts Treo 600, Zire 31 Prices 4/12/2005
palmOne has dropped the prices it is charging in the United States for two of its older models.
Pendragon Forms 5.0 combines powerful synchronization capabilities with an easy-to-use form designer.
36. Synchronize Your IE Favorites with Your Palm 4/12/2005
Chapura's new Pocket Favorites can synchronize the list of web sites in Internet Explorer's Favorites with a Palm OS handheld.
37. Village Sim for Palm OS Released 4/12/2005
Village Sim is a village simulator where the goal is to care for and nurture a displaced tribe of little people by teaching them the basics
Genuine iPaq 6500 photos surface PalmOne drops list price on Zire 31, Treo 600 Verizon ad for Treo 650 sighted Rumored release for Samsun
39. palmOne Introduces Tungsten E2 4/13/2005
The Tungsten E2 a offers a brighter color screen, non-volatile memory, Bluetooth wireless networking, and a more powerful battery than its p
40. Brighthand Reviews the palmOne Tungsten E2 4/13/2005
palmOne's latest offers a brighter screen, non-volatile memory, Bluetooth, and a faster processor than its very popular predecessor.
invivodata has plans to deploy between 5,000 and 7,000 Tungsten E2 handhelds for use in worldwide clinical trials during the next 90 days.
42. Brighthand Reviews the palmOne Tungsten E2 -- Part 2 4/13/2005
43. palmOne Announces the Tungsten E2 4/13/2005
palmOne has announced the new Tungsten E2. The Tungsten E2 improves on the world's best selling PDA over the past year by adding Bluetooth,
44. palmOne Tungsten E2 Review 4/13/2005
Best selling. Best value. Most popular with new users. Sounds more like the tag lines for the Toyota Camry than a handheld computer. But
Until now, rumors of palmOne's next high-end handheld have always been called it the LifeDrive. Now, however, a source has revealed to Brigh
Easy Address is a contact list manager that simplifies the process of associating pictures and icons to contacts. Easy Notes is a memo list
47. Toshiba Increasing Capacity of Its Very Tiny Microdrive 4/15/2005
Toshiba says it will soon release a 4 GB version of its .85-inch hard drive.
When one buys a PDA with wireless capabilities or Cell phone, they expect it to be able to go on the Internet to visit regular, full sized w
49. Microsoft Proposes Two New Thumb-Driven User Interfaces 4/16/2005
A team of Microsoft researchers have come up with AppLens and LaunchTile, two possible user interfaces that can be controlled entirely with
50. HP iPAQ hx4705 - User Reviews 4/17/2005
Last week we profiled the Dell Axim X50v and this week we examine its main competition. The iPAQ hx4705 is one of the most full featured PDA
51. Brighthand Reviews the Garmin iQue M5 4/18/2005
The M5 offers everything a regular Pocket PC does, plus it functions as a GPS receiver, helping users find not only where they are, but
52. Tungsten E2 Serial Cable Announced by PN Technologies 4/18/2005
PN Technologies' serial cable for the Tungsten T5 and Treo 650 also works with the Tungsten E2.
Included in the new version of AeroPlayer is a new AAC plug-in that allows users to play music encoded with Apple's iTunes software.
54. Public Beta of AvantGo for BlackBerry Now Available 4/18/2005
iAnywhere Solutions has released a public beta of a version of AvantGo for BlackBerry cellular-wireless handhelds.
55. Brighthand Reviews the Garmin iQue M5 -- Part II 4/18/2005
56. Motorola MPx Will Never Be Widely Released 4/18/2005
A report coming out of Asia says that Motorola has canceled all production of the MPx, what would have been a very innovative cellular-wirel
BVRP Software has announced a three day promotion offering a 25 percent discount to visitors who purchase Pocket PhoneTools software.
58. Prose for the PDAs of Spring 4/18/2005
As the months of March and April bring pollen and warmth I am reminded of the technology to do I begin by cleaning out my closet and desk
59. Hello Moto, Goodbye MPx 4/18/2005
Motorola has reportedly killed off the MPx smartphone which sadly was more flash than substance. A Windows Mobile device with 32MB RAM is a
60. palmOne Giving Away Dozens of Treo 650s (Updated) 4/19/2005
To celebrate selling over a million Treo smartphones, palmOne is going to give away dozens of its latest model, the Treo 650.
61. Astraware Launches Lifestyle Channel 4/19/2005
A selection of the best lifestyle applications for a wide variety of mobile devices is now available from the Astraware website.
62. RIM Goes for Enterprise Instant Messaging in a Big Way 4/19/2005
Research in Motion announced today that it has made agreements with three important players in the enterprise instant messaging market.
63. Handango Says BlackBerry Software Sales About to Soar 4/19/2005
One of the leading retailers of mobile software says there are a number of trends that indicate that third-party applications for BlackBerry
Sprint ceases free SD card offer for new Treos Patent used in RIM suit invalidated; $495 million wasted? Supposed image of Cobalt OS on
Treo 600 passes one million sold PalmOne gives away Treos RIM, Microsoft to push enterprise IM Intel releases WiMax chipset
A software update that fixes a couple of small bugs in the iPAQ hx4700 series has returned to the HP web site.
67. Nokia Push Email Beta Annouced from Consilient 4/20/2005
Consilient Technologies has announced a beta program for Nokia cellular-wireless handhelds for the Consilient4 messaging solution.
A technology called Mobile WiMax may eventually replace Wi-Fi wireless networking for handhelds and laptops.
69. HP iPAQ h6300 Series Metal Stylus by JAVOedge 4/20/2005
JAVOedge is happy to announce the Stylograph, a new metal stylus for the HP iPAQ h6300 Series.
70. Axim X50 ROM Series Update Released 4/21/2005
Dell has posted on its web site a ROM update for its Axim X50 series models. This fixes a number of bugs in this series of Pocket PCs.
71. Get a Grip on Online Costs with Cost Control 4/21/2005
nova media has unveiled Cost Control for Palm OS, a tool for monitoring time spent online, as well as how much data was wirelessly transferr
72. Price Cut for palmOne Wi-Fi SD Card 4/21/2005
Almost lost on the furor surrounding the release of the Tungsten E2 was palmOne's decision to drop the official price of its Wi-Fi SD card b
73. Smartphones Gaining Steam in Western Europe 4/21/2005
According to a report by research firm IDC, converged devices (Smartphones and telephony-enabled PDAs) are now getting top billing within co
Toshiba yesterday announced and released the libretto U100 mini notebook. The libretto U100 is a 2.1 lb device that runs Windows XP. So wi
75. The Missing Sync for T-Mobile Sidekick Released 4/22/2005
Mark/Space has released software that allows users to synchronize a T-Mobile Sidekick with a computer running Mac OS X.
76. Free Yourself from the Tyranny of Email 4/22/2005
Brighthand's Ed Hardy warns that, although mobile email is a wonderful thing, it must be used in moderation or it can take over your life.
Intellisync Corporation, a leading developer and marketer of wireless software for the worldwide mobile communications industry, today annou
According to documents found on Joe Shurman's (Microsoft MVP) blog, the HP hw6500 Mobile Messenger will likely appear on both T-Mobile and C
79. Conduits Releases Pocket Artist 3.0 4/25/2005
Pocket Artist is a drawing and image manipulation program for Windows powered devices, and has been awarded the Graphic Design and Drawing
80. A Look into the Future of the Axim 4/25/2005
A source familiar with Dell's plans has revealed to Brighthand this company's handheld roadmap through the end of 2006.
81. VITO QuickContact Rebirth 4/25/2005
VITO QuickContact 1.0 is a phone book for Pocket PC phones that offers one-hand control.
82. PDA News - Axim rumors, X50 ROM update, Pocket Freecraft 4/25/2005
Report: Dell roadmap for 2005, early 2006 ROM update for Axim X50, X50v models Developer ports PocketPC version of Freecraft
83. Symbian Still Leading Mobile Device Market 4/26/2005
According to a market research firm, the Symbian OS continues to lead the world market for both handhelds and smartphones. But a rival marke
84. More Evidence iPAQ hw6500 Coming to Cingular (Updated) 4/26/2005
Although it has been widely assumed that HP's upcoming cellular-wireless Pocket PC will be offered by Cingular, there's been no evidence of
85. EarthLink Wireless Will Soon Be Offering the Treo 650 4/26/2005
EarthLink Wireless is going to start offering palmOne's Treo 650 smartphone in late May.
86. BoxWave Adds FlexiSkin for Blackberry 7700 Series 4/26/2005
The BoxWave FlexiSkin protects the handheld from hard knocks while giving users access to functions.
87. Sales and Shopping Using Handheld Computers 4/27/2005
Handy Service is intended for sales and shopping assistance, job management, and work log tracking using Palm OS handhelds.
88. Bill Gates Unveils Ultra Mobile 2007 Concept 4/27/2005
Microsoft's chairman has revealed a prototype for an ultra-portable PC that he hopes will be the next big thing in mobile computing.
89. Resco Announces Release of New Version of Photo Viewer 4/27/2005
The latest version of Resco Photo Viewer offers numerous improvements, including the conversion of Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
Because the developers at Spb Software House believe that the standard Pocket PC tools for handling PIM data are underwhelming at best, they
91. World Record for Mobile Typing Set on Treo 650 4/27/2005
A former World Text Champion has used a palmOne Treo 650 to type the fastest-ever email written on the move using a QWERTY keyboard.
92. Splash Money 4 Personal Finance Manager Review (Palm OS) 4/27/2005
One of the best reasons to own a PDA these days is that some models have wireless internet options. Being wireless is great for the occasion
93. Run Palm OS Applications on a Pocket PC 4/28/2005
StyleTap has released a public beta of an application that allows software originally written for Palm OS handhelds to run on Windows Mobile
MyMail is a new wireless service for Rogers Wireless' customers that provides instantaneous, two-way push e-mail, calendar, and contacts to
95. palmOne Zire 73 Shows Up On Accessory Sites 4/28/2005
Time to stoke the PDA rumor fire again. PDA accessory sites JavoEdge and Boxwave have new accessories for the palmOne Zire 73. Of course no
96. Will palmOne Become Another Apple? 4/29/2005
At times, the comparisons between palmOne and Apple are almost startling. So Brighthand's Ed Hardy wants to know, will palmOne eventually en
97. MobilePlanet Acquired by eXpansys for 3.75 Million 4/29/2005
The U.K.-based eXpansys Group has just announced that they have acquired MobilePlanet, a U.S.-based reseller of mobile products.
98. Brighthand Reviews Astraware's Mazera 4/29/2005
Mazera is somewhere halfway between a puzzle-solving game and a role-playing game. It offers hours of fun as you try to escape from an alien
99. visKeeper PPC 2.1.0 is online 4/29/2005
visKeeper PPC protects personal data with the user's favorite picture.
100. PDA News - Magneto release date, Palm on PocketPC, OS war? 4/29/2005
Reported unveiling date for next gen Windows StyleTap runs Palm OS apps on PocketPC Gartner predicts Windows/Symbian OS war
101. PDA Makers Boost Production by 65% 4/29/2005
Regardless of what mainstream media tries to do to kill the PDA market, sales just won't stop. The market is far from dead, in fact it's thr
102. Camera Phone Saves Man's Life 4/30/2005
I've always railed against integrated cameras in phones, PDAs or any other device mostly because they're garbage. The resolution, quality of
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement