Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for April 2007. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2007 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
April 2007 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for April of 2007
Below are the 65 SmartPhone articles for April of 2007
1. Details Leaked on Hawkins' Mysterious Project 4/1/2007
After more than a year of only the sketchiest information, an anonymous source has leaked to Brighthand many of the specifications of an upc
2. Proporta USB Mobile Charger Review 4/1/2007
Proporta is offering a portable battery recharger that works with a wide variety of handhelds, smartphones, and other portable electronics.
Avvenu, Inc.has started a semi-open beta program of its Avvenu Music Player for Windows Mobile 5, which allows users to listen to their iTu
4. Missing Sync for BlackBerry Now Available 4/2/2007
Several weeks after releasing a public beta, Mark/Space, Inc. is now offering the full version of The Missing Sync for BlackBerry 1.0. This
5. Sidekick iD Launching in Two Weeks? 4/2/2007
Thanks to a slip-up at T-Mobile USA, it now appears likely that an entry-level Sidekick smartphone will debut later this month.
6. Most Popular Smartphones and PDAs of March 2007 4/2/2007
Each month, Brighthand publishes a list of the most popular handhelds and smartphones. There was a strong interest in upcoming models in Mar
7. Pantech PN-820 Smartphone Review 4/2/2007
The Pantech PN-820 is the first clamshell Windows Mobile Smartphone that Verizon has carried since the demise of Samsung's i600 line. Adama
EMI Music has announced that it will offer all of its music without the digital rights management (DRM) restrictions that have proved to be
DataViz, Inc. has just released Documents To Go Premium Edition 10, the first version to allow users to view Microsoft Word and Excel 2007 f
10. PDA and Smartphone Deals - Updated 4/3/07 4/3/2007
T-Mobile Dash - get $25 back New Discounts - Palm Treo 700p - $94.90 HP iPAQ rx5915 Travel Companion - $499 no rebates Many more...
11. FCC Continues Ban on Phone Calls in Flight 4/4/2007
The Federal Communications Commission has decided to not lift its ban on cell phones being used on airplanes.
12. Samsung i760 Gets FCC Approval 4/4/2007
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has given Samsung its approval to release its latest Windows Mobile smartphone in the United Sta
For those who don't have time to keep up to date on the Brighthand forums, here are the most active new threads from the past week.
14. FlipStart Micro Laptop Finally Available 4/4/2007
After many years in development, FlipStart Labs' has begun selling its computer small enough warrant interest from those who want something
Sony Cuts Playstation Portable's Price Gameloft Making Games for Latest BlackBerries Palm Treo 680 Used As A Point of Care Tool Palm an
If a report from a stock market analyst is correct, May 7 is going to be a very big day for Research in Motion (RIM), as that's when three c
17. Yes, You CAN Live Without a Touchscreen 4/5/2007
In this editorial, Ed Hardy shows that people can have the slim and light smartphone they want, if they'll only give up some of their pre-co
18. Opera Coming to Palm-Branded Devices 4/6/2007
Palm has reportedly signed an agreement with Opera Software to use its versatile browser in upcoming Palm devices.
19. Kinoma Player 4 EX and Kinoma Producer 4 Review 4/6/2007
Kinoma Player 4 EX and its companion Windows application Kinoma Producer are the latest video converter and player produced by Kinoma for th
20. iPhone Still on Target for June Release 4/7/2007
Those who are eagerly waiting for the iPhone will be happy to hear that Apple is confident that this device will be available when promised.
21. Dell No Longer Offering Any Axim Models 4/9/2007
With absolutely no fanfare, Dell has stopped offering the Axim X51 series. This means the company has discontinued the last of its much appl
22. Nokia N95 Has a Limited U.S. Launch 4/9/2007
As it promised last month, Nokia is now offering its N95 multimedia smartphone in the United States. However, this model is only available i
According to an unconfirmed report, T-Mobile USA is getting ready to launch RIM's latest cellular-wireless handheld in just a couple of week
24. HTC MTeoR Windows Mobile Smartphone Review 4/9/2007
HTC MTeoR aims to capture the minds of those who want a Windows Mobile smartphone, but not compromise on phone size and usability. Antoine W
25. Palm Developing Its Own Linux-Based Operating System 4/10/2007
Palm, Inc. revealed today that it is developing its own operating system that will be based on Linux. This will be completely separate from
TreoTwit Brings Twitter to Palm Smartphones SplashData Releases SplashNotes Palm Treo 750 Now Available in Italy from 3 Italia
emoze is a free service that allows users of smartphones to receive push email, as well as sync calendars, tasks, and contacts. *UPDATED*
Samsung Electronics has announced it will soon begin production of a 160 GB, 2.5-inch hard drive that uses less power than similar drives fr
In his latest editorial, Antoine Wright shows that Palm's latest smartphone really can use 8 GB SDHC memory cards.
New Version of Opera for Windows Mobile Released as Beta Intel Expected to Announce New Processors for UMPCs Inscenic Releases Two Wind
31. RIM's Revenue and Subscribers Keep Climbing 4/12/2007
Research In Motion's revenue and subscriber base were up substantially during its most recent financial quarter.
32. Palm Launches an Official Company Blog 4/12/2007
Following in the wake of many other companies, Palm has launched its own corporate blog.
33. T-Mobile Announces the Entry-Level Sidekick iD 4/13/2007
As had been expected, T-Mobile USA has taken the wraps off the Sidekick iD, the first of this series to debut below $100.
34. Energizer Energi To Go Cell Phone Charger Review 4/15/2007
Tiffany Boggs brings us a review of the Energizer Energi To Go cell phone charger, a little gadget that comes in handy when traveling, espec
35. iPhone Delays the Release of the Next OS X Version 4/16/2007
The iPhone is still on schedule to be released in June, but Apple now says that work on its upcoming combination phone and iPod is delaying
Just about a week after Dell quietly stopped selling its last Axim handheld, there is word that this company will begin offering a smartphon
A week after Palm, Inc. announced that it is developing its own Linux-based operating system for mobile devices, the company refuses to answ
38. BlackBerry Service Having Problems 4/18/2007
Over the past few hours, many of RIM's customers have experienced delays sending and receiving messages.
39. Palm Bringing Out Wireless Backup Service 4/18/2007
Palm, Inc. is in the process of bringing out a service that can wirelessly back up much of the data stored on one of its Palm OS-based smart
At a speech today, Anand Chandrasekher, Intel's senior vice president, outlined processor platforms and new UMPC and Mobile Internet Devices
41. Nokia Reaches Out to Mac Users 4/19/2007
A free software plug-in from Nokia makes it easier for those with Mac OS X to use this company's smartphones.
Users of the Treo 700p have complained about problems with Bluetooth wireless networking, and for months Palm has been promising a system so
As expected, T-Mobile USA has just announced that it will start offering RIM's latest the BlackBerry next week.
44. RIM Explains Its Email System Outage 4/20/2007
Research in Motion (RIM) has issued an official statement that seeks to explain why there was a significant problem with its wireless email
45. Mobile Tech News -- Games on Sale, Spb Diary, Treo 680 4/22/2007
Astraware's Spring Sale and PayPal Support Spb Software House Releases Spb Diary 2.5 Palm Releases Treo 680s in Central America
Research In Motion (RIM) has just announced plans to release a suite of applications that will let a Windows Mobile-based smartphone act as
47. Samsung Q1b UMPC Review 4/23/2007
Brighthand's Antoine Wright brings us his thoughts after spending some time with Samsung's second try at an Ultra Mobile PC.
48. BlackBerry 8800 Now Available from T-Mobile 4/23/2007
As promised, T-Mobile USA has begun offering RIM's latest BlackBerry model.
49. The Latest on the Treo 755p 4/24/2007
Some new information has emerged on the device that's supposed to be the next CDMA smartphone from Palm, Inc.
50. Add Profile Support and More to a Windows Mobile Phone 4/24/2007
Spb Phone Suite is a new application that adds features that are not built into Windows Mobile phones. This includes profile switching, auto
51. The Middle Man in the Mobile Picture 4/24/2007
In the complicated process of taking digital pictures, moving them onto a PC, resizing and editing them, then emailing them out, Antoine Wri
Spb Software House Releases Spb Insight 1.5 Travel Company Deploys Treos New Crystal Cases and Other Items at Brando
53. Sprint and Verizon Announce CDMA/GSM BlackBerry 4/25/2007
Both Sprint and Verizon plan to offer the BlackBerry 8830 World Edition, a smartphone that will allow its users to roam internationally.
54. AT&T To Push iPhone at Corporate Users 4/26/2007
Despite the fact that Apple's iPhone is a strongly consumer oriented device, AT&T apparently intends to market it to business users as well.
55. Entry-Level Sidekick Hits Store Shelves 4/26/2007
After announcing it two weeks ago, T-Mobile USA is now offering the Sidekick iD, the first of this series to debut below $100... sort of.
56. PPC-6800 Coming Soon to Sprint 4/26/2007
Evidence is mounting that Sprint will begin offering a new Pocket PC phone in the near future. This will supposedly offer a built-in keyboar
57. RIM Blackberry 8800 Review 4/26/2007
Brighthand's chief reviewer, Adama D. Brown, has a review of RIM's latest cellular-wireless smartphone. This is the first model from this co
58. There Might Not Be a Zune Phone After All 4/27/2007
Microsoft's CEO recently threw cold water on the idea of a combination Zune and mobile phone. Instead, he expressed support for Windows Mobi
59. Nokia's N75 Clamshell Smartphone Finally Available 4/27/2007
Although Nokia first announced the N75 early last fall, this slim S60 smartphone has only now gone on sale.
In this editorial, Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief points out that there's a glaring hole in the feature set of Palm's smartphones.
61. More Details Emerge on Fujitsu's Upcoming UMPC 4/28/2007
Some of the specifications are now available of an upcoming very small portable PC from Fujitsu.
62. AT&T Quickly Pulls the Nokia N75 4/28/2007
Without fanfare, the Nokia N75 quietly appeared on AT&T's web site yesterday. This seems this may have been a mistake, as this carrier is no
63. Brando Mini Bluetooth Keyboard Review 4/29/2007
Brando has just the thing for those who want a very small add-on keyboard to work with their handheld or smartphone. Ed Hardy brings us this
64. Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade for T-Mobile Dash Leaked 4/30/2007
What's supposed to be the final, non-beta version of the Windows Mobile 6 upgrade for the T-Mobile Dash has appeared on the Web, several day
65. Makayama Launches Video Streaming Service 4/30/2007
Pocket Live TV 1.0 is a new service that allows users to watch TV channels on a Pocket PC phone. Unlike many of its competitors, it doesn't
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement