Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for April 2008. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2008 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
April 2008 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for April of 2008
Below are the 89 SmartPhone articles for April of 2008
Palm has announced that the one-millionth Centro has been sold since the device debuted last fall.
AT&T Wireless is now offering a rebranded version of the TeleNav GPS mapping service under their own brand.
T-Mobile USA has just announced plans to offer RIM's BlackBerry Pearl 8120, a consumer-oriented smartphone with Wi-Fi.
4. Microsoft Announces Windows Mobile 6.1 4/1/2008
After a long delay, Microsoft has at last publicly revealed the new update to their mobile operating system, as well as photos and details o
Nokia has unveiled a version of its popular Internet Tablet devices that supports the new WiMAX networks expected to launch later this year.
A new Seattle-based company called Velocity Mobile will be making its first foray into the smartphone space later this year, in the form of
Resco Releases Suduko Touch for Windows Mobile Resco Backup Introduced for Windows Mobile and Palm OS Devices EyePhoto Released for Wind
8. EA Mobile Brings Its Game Lineup To Smartphones 4/2/2008
EA Mobile, a division of game publisher Electronic Arts, has announced plans to expand its offerings for a variety of smartphone devices.
9. HTC Touch Dual Coming To The U.S. 4/2/2008
The Touch Dual, a version of HTC's popular touchscreen-centered smartphone that includes a sliding keyboard, is going to be released in the
10. Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 Preview 2 4/2/2008
When Sony Ericsson first unveiled the Xperia X1, the company was somewhat hampered by the fact that this smartphone will run a version of Wi
Windows Mobile 6.1 includes a significant upgrade for Internet Explorer Mobile, and Microsoft is already showing off a beta of the version a
12. Opera Mini Beta 4.1 Released 4/2/2008
Opera Software has released a new public beta version of their popular Java-based web browser Opera Mini, featuring several improvements and
Wayfinder Announces Power Search Web Application For iPhone/iPod Touch Astraware Releases Boardgames for Symbian S60 and UIQ Palm Treo
14. Sprint To Offer BlackBerry Curve 8330 4/3/2008
Sprint has joined Verizon in announcing plans to carry the new CDMA version of the BlackBerry Curve.
15. Sprint Delays WiMAX Launch 4/3/2008
Sprint has announced that its hotly-anticipated launch of the WiMAX service that the company has planned under the "Xohm" name will be delay
16. AT&T CEO Says All Smartphones To Be 3G Within Months 4/3/2008
The CEO of AT&T Wireless has said that all the smartphones available from that company will support 3G within the near future.
17. Pico-projectors Almost Ready for Prime Time 4/3/2008
This week at CTIA, two companies were showing off incredible advances in ulra-small projectors, bringing the technology into devices no bigg
HAVA Player Brings Placeshifting Mobile TV to Nokia Internet Tablets Google's Picasa Web Albums Now Available for Windows Mobile TV Guid
19. Nokia N810 Internet Tablet WiMAX Edition Preview 4/4/2008
Earlier this week, Nokia took the wraps off the N810 Internet Tablet WiMAX Edition, an upcoming Mobile Internet Device (MID) that will inclu
20. Most Popular Smartphones and Handhelds of March 2008 4/4/2008
Each month, Brighthand publishes a list of the handhelds and smartphones that readers have shown the most interest in during the preceding f
21. Nokia N-Gage 2.0 Out of Beta, Officially Launched 4/5/2008
Nokia has offically made it entry back into the mobile gaming arena with the introduction of N-Gage 2.0. Unlike the first version of N-Gage,
22. A Possible Glimpse of the Next Apple iPhone 4/5/2008
Rumors on the next version of the iPhone have been coming thick and fast in the last week or so. The most recent of these is the first to sa
23. The Five Biggest News Stories of CTIA 4/5/2008
The CTIA tradeshow was this week, and it was chock full of announcements, some big but many of them small. In an attempt to make sure that t
In his latest editorial, Antoine Wright urges smartphone makers to make progress in more than just incorporating cutting-edge features into
Both Verizon and A&T will use their recently acquired 700 MHz spectrum -- for which they are paying billion in license fees -- for their fou
26. Asus Lamborghini ZX1 Preview 4/7/2008
Asus was at CTIA last week showing off the Lamborghini ZX1, a stylish and high-end Windows Mobile Pro smartphone that will hit the market so
27. iPhone 3G Coming in Less Than 60 Days? 4/7/2008
Wall Street Journal's technology pundit says a version of the iPhone with 3G cellular-wireless access is coming in the next two months.
28. Verizon XV6900 Launching Next Week 4/7/2008
Last week, Verizon announced plans to offer the XV6900, but wouldn't commit to a release date. Now comes word that this Windows Mobile smart
29. Asus Eee PC 4G Windows Review 4/7/2008
Several months after releasing the Linux-based Eee PC, Asus has followed up with a version running Windows XP. Jerry Jackson from Brighthand
30. No Windows Mobile 6.1 Upgrades for Current iPAQs 4/8/2008
According to an official statement from a high-level executive at HP, there will be no Windows Mobile 6.1 updates released for current iPAQ
31. HP 2133 Mini-Note Review 4/8/2008
HP has just launched the HP 2133 Mini-Note, a mini-notebook that starts at $500. Jerry Jackson and Tiffany Boggs bring us this review.
AT&T and Palm Sponsor the Win a Palm Centro With A Pick-up Line Contest Bluelounge Introduces The Sanctuary Mobile Charging Solution Par
33. HTC Touch Dual Preview 4/9/2008
HTC announced last week that it will soon begin directly selling the Touch Dual to consumers in the United States. The company also had this
34. More Evidence of the iPhone 3G Emerges 4/9/2008
For the benefit of anyone who still has doubts, buried in the software Apple has released to developers is strong evidence that the next gen
35. HTC Has Something Up Its Sleeve for May 6 4/9/2008
HTC has invited members of the European press to an event early next month. Not surprisingly, the company isn't talking about what it will a
StyleTap Opens Symbian Beta Test Program TripIt Brings Travel Itineraries to Mobile Phones FileFind 3.0 for Palm OS Released Vito Audio
37. Sprint Phasing Out the Treo 755p *UPDATED* 4/10/2008
It appears that Sprint is in the process of phasing out Palm's Treo 755p from its product line-up. There has been no announcement, but this
38. Samsung Instinct Preview 4/10/2008
The Samsung Instinct is clearly intended to be Sprint's chief iPhone competitor. Brighthand's Ed Hardy was at the launch, and shares his fir
39. HTC Reports Strong Financial Quarter 4/10/2008
HTC has something that's always welcome during lean financial times: a quarter with outstandingly good results.
40. Will the Recession Affect Smartphone Sales? Yes 4/10/2008
In his latest editorial, Brighthand's Editor-In-Chief gives his predictions on how the smartphone market will fare during the current econom
41. Sprint Not Phasing Out the Treo 755p 4/10/2008
Earlier today, Brighthand reported that Sprint might be be phasing out the Treo 755p, based on the fact that this smartphone has disappeared
Opera Mini Already Available for Android Get IM+ for BlackBerry for Half Off Don't Forget About Brighthand's RSS Feed
43. HTC Diamond Coming Next Month? 4/11/2008
HTC plans to show off some of its upcoming smartphones next month, and the device many are guessing will be unveiled is the replacement for
44. Dell Entering the Low-Cost Subnotebook Market 4/13/2008
In the wake of the runaway success of the Asus Eee PC, other companies are jumping on board with their own subnotebooks. The latest of these
45. Verizon Launches Less Expensive Unlimited Data Plan 4/14/2008
Verizon Wireless has just begun offering a data plan aimed at attracting more consumers to its Windows Mobile smartphones.
46. E-TEN Unveils Glofiish M810 and Glofiish M750 4/14/2008
E-TEN Information Systems has just taken the wraps off two high-end, consumer-oriented smartphones that will hit the market in the next few
47. Advanced Mobile Web Browser Market Set for Strong Growth 4/14/2008
The mobile browser market is undergoing significant change, and a market-research firm predicts that in five years the number of mobile web
48. BlackBerry Pearl with Wi-Fi Debuts on T-Mobile USA 4/14/2008
T-Mobile USA is now offering the RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8120, a consumer-oriented smartphone with Wi-Fi.
49. Moving to Symbian/S60: Third-Party Applications 4/15/2008
Antoine Wright continues his series of editorials talking about his experiences moving from a Palm OS smartphone to one running Symbian/S60.
Microsoft Corp. has completed its acquisition of Danger Inc., the company responsible for the popular Sidekick line of smartphones.
Astraware Releases the Squishiest Shoot-em-Up Ever TripTracker 4.0 Now Available from iambic fring VoIP client Available for the Apple i
52. Verizon XV6900 Now Available 4/16/2008
Verizon has just released the XV6900, a Windows Mobile smartphone based on the very successful HTC Touch design.
53. First Glimpse of the T-Mobile Shadow II 4/16/2008
The T-Mobile Shadow has been on the market for about six months now, and what is supposedly the first image of its successor has emerged.
54. Sprint Commits to New Windows Mobile 6.1 Treo 4/17/2008
There have been rumors for some time that Sprint is prepping a new Treo smartphone based on Windows Mobile, and this telecom recently confir
55. HTC Shift Review 4/17/2008
The HTC Shift is this company's first UMPC. It comes with a high price tag, but this relatively small and light device is packed with featur
56. HP iPAQ 910 One Step Closer to Release 4/17/2008
The HP iPAQ 910 Business Messenger has passed an important hurdle before it can be released in the United States: it has received FCC approv
57. Brighthand FAQ: Which Is Better, EV-DO, HSDPA, or Wi-Fi? 4/18/2008
One of the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) in the Brighthand forums is about the differences between the 3G wireless networking standards o
58. Nokia's Revenues and Profits Up 4/18/2008
Nokia has reported the results of a very successful quarter, with strong year-over-year increases in both profit and revenue.
59. Samsung Developing Water-Powered Mobile Power Source 4/20/2008
Samsung has announced the development of a cell phone that is powered by a fuel cell that uses water to begin the chemical process.
Details Leak Out on AT&T Upcoming Mobile TV Service Companies Urge 5-Year Ban on New Wireless Taxes mOcean Becomes Ad-ware
61. More Evidence That the Palm Centro Is Heading to Verizon 4/21/2008
It seems to be palm's intention to get the its Centro smartphone on as many wireless carriers as it can, and evidence is growing that it's a
62. What Is This Mysterious HTC Smartphone? 4/21/2008
A small image of an otherwise unknown HTC smartphone has appeared on the Web. Could it be the Dream, this company's first smartphone running
63. HTC Touch Dual Scores FCC Approval 4/21/2008
The FCC has given its approval to an upcoming smartphone that takes the basic HTC Touch design and adds a sliding keyboard.
HTC will soon begin a advertising campaign on North America. This won't focus on any particular product, but will instead be aimed at increa
65. Windows Mobile 6.1 Review 4/22/2008
Microsoft recently took the wraps off Windows Mobile 6.1, and Brighthand's Adama D. Brown gives us his thoughts on the new features in this
66. AT&T Wireless Reports Strong Quarterly Results 4/22/2008
During the first quarter of this year, AT&T's wireless division has strong year-over-year gains in nearly every area, from subscribers to r
Nokia held an event in London today where it announced two new music-oriented phones and the addition of Sony BMG to its "Come With Music" s
68. AT&T Introduces BlackBerry Pearl 8110 with GPS 4/23/2008
AT&T has just launched the BlackBerry Pearl 8110, a 2.5G smartphone that includes built-in global positioning system (GPS) support.
69. Next-Generation HTC Smartphones May Be Coming to Sprint 4/23/2008
Sprint will be getting versions of the HTC Diamond and HTC Raphael if an unconfirmed report is correct. This source also gives one of the mo
70. Acer Commits to Windows Mobile Smartphones in a Big Way 4/23/2008
The president of Acer said today his company will release its first smartphone in the coming months, and seems determined this will be follo
71. Symbian S60 Expands Web Run-Time Platform with Widgets 4/24/2008
Nokia has given developers the ability to create creation of personal and context-aware widgets for S60 smartphones, giving users more choic
Easily Remove Duplicate Entries from Your Contacts with DupeDeDupe Get TAKEphONE for Palm OS for 75% Off Alltel Touch Upgraded to EV-DO
73. T-Mobile USA Getting an Android Smartphone by Year's End 4/24/2008
An executive for T-Mobile USA says this wireless network operator will introduce an Android-based smartphone during the fourth quarter of th
74. Sony mylo Personal Communicator COM-2 Review 4/24/2008
The mylo COM-2 isn't a PDA or smartphone, it's a device that uses a WVGA screen, Wi-Fi, and a built-in keyboard to enable mobile web access
Paragon Software Launches Dictionary Lines for Mobile Phones Google Calendar Sync Updated Nokia N82 Wins "Best Mobile Imaging Device in
76. AT&T Plans To Improve Reception with Femtocells 4/25/2008
AT&T will soon offer to its subscribers an accessory that can significantly improve their cell phone's reception.
77. Spot Watches Are No More 4/25/2008
After a long and fruitful run, Microsoft and Abacus have thrown in the towel on the Spot Watch program, ending the run of watches with the M
78. HTC Advantage Review 4/27/2008
Adama D. Brown brings us a review of the HTC Advantage X7501, a very high-end device that combines the features of a laptop, handheld, and s
79. First 3G GSM BlackBerry Pushed Back 4/28/2008
According to an unconfirmed report, the iPhone 3G may be the reason a BlackBerry smartphone with 3G wireless networking is going to miss its
80. Don't Let Subnotebooks Get Too Big for Their Britches 4/28/2008
The Eee PC is an amazing device; a small and light laptop that is also easily affordable. But Asus and its competitors seem bent on pushing
81. Nokia N810 WiMax Edition's Price Revealed 4/28/2008
An online retailer has begun taking pre-orders for Nokia's upcoming Internet Tablet with the 4G wireless standard WiMax.
All PDAmill's Palm OS Games Are Now Free Add a USB Port to an iPAQ or Axim Rogers May Become First N. American Carrier to Offer Nokia N9
83. HTC Diamond Definitely Coming Next Month 4/29/2008
An HTC executive has confirmed rumors and speculation that the replacement for the very popular HTC Touch will debut at a press event his co
84. iPhone 3G Production To Start off in Huge Numbers 4/29/2008
Apple is very confident about the success of of the iPhone 3G, as it has reportedly ordered millions of units to be ready in June.
85. Quickoffice Commits to Office Suite for Android 4/30/2008
To be taken seriously, every mobile platform needs a suite of applications to let users work with Microsoft Offices files, and those interes
iPhone Coming to Canada's Rogers SlingPlayer Mobile for Windows Mobile and Symbian S60 Updated Nokia Maps 2.0 Adds Real-Time Traffic Inf
87. iPhone 3G Could Cost as Little as $200 4/30/2008
According to an unconfirmed report, AT&T intends to sell the second-generation iPhone for considerably less than the current one.
RIM is putting the finishing touches on a new BlackBerry smartphone, code-named Meteor. This will debut with an updated version of this comp
T-Mobile USA is apparently just about to take a giant step forward, and will kick off 3G service tomorrow. Update: But it's not what most pe
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement