Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for May 2005. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2005 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
May 2005 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for May of 2005
Below are the 110 SmartPhone articles for May of 2005
According to rumor, the latest smartphone from palmOne will be available in just a week or so from the second largest wireless service provi
With Express, Sprint PCS users with a JAVA-compatible phone can access real-time news, sports, movie times, maps, local city information and
3. Windows Mobile 2005 Expected Next Week 5/2/2005
After months of anticipation from eager Pocket PC users, Microsoft is expected to officially unveil next week the latest version of its oper
The Socket Wi-Fi Companion provides a graphical user interface for managing the wireless functions of a Pocket PC, along with tools to impro
5. Diary of A PDA Journalist 5/2/2005
Probably one of the most misunderstood pieces of technology these days are PDAs. The proof: there are models that can be phones; many that c
Rough Guides' new Interactive Digital Map series for handhelds and smartphones was created for travelers who want an electronic alternative
PocketGoddess.com,a web site that offers news and reviews of mobile technology devices and software, has been re-launched with an entirely n
Despite last month's report, palmOne's next high-end handheld won't be called the Tungsten X.
9. Where's the Nokia 9300 Smartphone? 5/3/2005
The Smartphone has been a tough place to make money. We all know that any PDA company worth anything either has a Smartphone, or otherwise d
10. Andre Dahan Joins PalmSource Board of Directors 5/4/2005
Andre Dahan, who has more than 30 years of leadership experience in the information technology industry, is now a member of the PalmSource B
palmOne has launched the Treo 650 smartphone in Venezuela with Digitel TIM, where it will be able to take advantage of this carrier's EDGE n
12. BenQ P50 Delayed to This Fall 5/4/2005
What was at one time a highly-anticipated cellular-wireless Pocket PC is now perilously close to being labeled "vaporware."
13. PDA Sales Growth the Highest Ever 5/4/2005
Gartner Research has just released some very good news for the PDA industry. According to their count, PDA shipments totaled 3.4 million uni
14. What Mac OS X Tiger Means for Handheld Users 5/5/2005
Apple recently released Mac OS X 10.4, which includes significant changes to iSync. This affects users of The Missing Sync, Mark/Space's syn
The Audiovox SMT5600, which was once offered by AT&T Wireless, is now officially available from Cingular.
16. HP Preparing Significant ROM Update for iPAQ hx4700 5/5/2005
There is strong evidence that a major ROM update for the iPAQ hx4700 series will be available soon.
17. Worldwide Handheld Shipments Up 25 Percent 5/5/2005
Surging sales of Research in Motion's BlackBerry models pushed the handheld market to the best first quarter it has ever had.
18. Are PDAs Bad For Your Health? 5/5/2005
We've all heard about repetitive action injuries and things like Carpal-Tunnel Syndrome. But now doctors are warning that devices like PDAs
19. PDA News - BenQ P50 slips, iPaq hw6500, Tapwave DOA 5/5/2005
BenQ P50 slips to Q3, outlook not good iPaq hw6500 shows up on HP site Tapwave giving up on direct market Verizon kills free WiFi i
20. Tapwave Responds to Reports of the End of the Zodiac 5/6/2005
Brighthand talks with one of Tapwave's founders about his recent comments that seemed to say that the Zodiac line of handhelds is being phas
21. Amazon Leaks Release Date for the LifeDrive 5/6/2005
A major online retailer has jumped the gun and posted a page on palmOne's next high-end handheld before it has been officially announced.
22. HP Posts iPAQ hw6500 Information in the U.K. 5/6/2005
HP's next line-up of cellular-wireless handhelds, the iPAQ hw6500 series, is now listed on two of the company's United Kingdom web sites.
23. Pocket Quicken 2.5 for Palm OS Now Available 5/6/2005
The latest version of LandWare's Pocket Quicken for Palm OS offers a number of significant improvements.
Abidia Wireless 3.0 is the latest version of this application that gives real-time access to eBay accounts.
25. BoxWave 's New AC Adapter for Car Chargers 5/6/2005
The new AC Adapter for Car Chargers allows users to use you car charger with any standard wall outlet
26. Review - JAVOedge Bluetooth Keyboard 5/6/2005
Practically every handheld accessory brand name under the sun has a Bluetooth keyboard available. But the model from JAVOedge may stand a bi
PN Technologies has released a cable that allows Treo 650 users to Serial HotSync with Windows, Windows NT, and Citrix.
Woman Calendar aims to help women and families practicing Natural Family Planning by enabling them to accurately predict fertility and perio
29. Universal Bluetooth Gamepad Released 5/8/2005
Chainpus announced the BGP100, a Bluetooth gamepad that works with a wide variety of handhelds and smartphones.
palmOne has long been known as a maker of handhelds and smartphones. Now it also wants to be known as a maker of a new class of portable ele
The latest version Concise Columbia Encyclopedia for Pocket PC has been updated to version 2.0 with significant searching improvements and
Each Treokitz contains a hard-shell leather case, a screen protector, a retractable sync/charge cable, and a headphone adapter that converts
DataViz has just released a version of its very popular mobile Office suite, Documents To Go, for Sony Ericsson's line of cellular-wireless
34. Zire 73 Not Coming Soon 5/9/2005
There have been rumors of a Zire 73 for months. Some retailers are even listing products for it. But a new Zire model won't be released this
35. PDA News - Weekend Software Edition 5/9/2005
New software: The Core Pocket Media Player for PalmOS, by Picard MHT Viewer, by Qusnetsoft Super Wild Wild Words, by Astraware Spb Diary
It's little secret that palmOne has a new device cooking. As a prelude to any mobile manager hardware announcement, palmOne is making it cle
37. BlackBerry Subscribers Now Over Three Million 5/10/2005
More than three million people are now using BlackBerry cellular-wireless handhelds. One million new subscribers joined in just the last six
38. Gomadic Corp. Expands Popular PDA Auto Mount Products 5/10/2005
In addition to improvements in its mounting mechanisms, Gomadic also announced it now offers support for over 400 handheld models.
The latest version of the Concise Columbia Encyclopedia for Windows Mobile smartphones offers significant searching improvements.
40. How to Watch Bill Gates' Keynote Address Today 5/10/2005
Microsoft Chairman and Chief Software Architect will make a speech today in which he's expected formally introduce the new version of his co
41. Windows Mobile 5.0 Officially Unveiled 5/10/2005
Bill Gates has made a formal announcement of the latest version of Microsoft's operating system for handhelds and smartphones.
42. Windows Mobile 5.0 Upgrade Coming to the Axim X50 Series 5/10/2005
Dell has just announced that it will offer a Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade for the Dell Axim X50 series later this year.
43. HP Will Offer Windows Mobile 5.0 Upgrades for Some iPAQs 5/10/2005
HP has just announced an upgrade program to Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 for some, but not all, recent iPAQ models.
44. Traffic Mania for Palm OS 5 Has Been Released 5/10/2005
Traffic Mania is a challenging, sliding-piece action puzzle game.
Dell has promised it will offer an upgrade to Windows Mobile 5.0 for the Axim X50 family when the new operating system is released this fall
46. HP Will Also Offer a Windows Mobile 5.0 Upgrade 5/10/2005
HP will offer the Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrade for the following units: hx2100, hx2400, hx2700 and the hx4700 series of iPAQ PDAs. It's curiou
47. BargainPDA's Fast Guide to Windows Mobile 5.0 5/10/2005
Today Microsoft unveiled its next generation Windows Mobile operating system for handheld and smartphone devices. Called Windows Mobile 5.0,
48. Most Wireless ActiveSyncing Going Away 5/11/2005
Many Windows Mobile users were unhappy to discover that what was for them an important feature of the current version of ActiveSync will no
49. HTC First to Announce Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC 5/11/2005
HTC has confirmed that Windows Mobile 5.0 will be the operating system used on its upcoming cutting-edge cellular-wireless handheld.
50. LifeDrive Appears in Laptop Magazine 5/11/2005
A print magazine has jumped the gun a bit and included an article on palmOne's upcoming high-end handheld in its current issue.
51. Samsung SGH-i300 Smartphone Will Run Windows Mobile 5.0 5/11/2005
One of the devices used to demonstrate the latest version of Microsoft's operating system for mobile devices was an upcoming model that will
52. Handango Ships New Version of InHand for Windows Mobile 5/11/2005
With the new version, licensees can deploy their own branded versions of InHand quickly and easily, while creating a dedicated download cata
53. HTC Univeral - The First 3G Windows Mobile 5.0 PDA 5/11/2005
HTC has announced plans to release the much anticipated Universal model, complete with 3G, built in keyboard, dual cameras, rotating screen
54. Verizon palmOne Treo 650 Available 5/11/2005
Business customers of Verizon have already received their Treo 650 Verizon network phones and it seems non-business customers can now place
55. Treo 650 Launching in Spain 5/12/2005
The largest mobile carrier in the Spanish market will soon be offering palmOne's latest smartphone.
Handango's Annual Customer Survey shows that users of Windows Mobile devices are tops in brand loyalty and device satisfaction.
57. Next-Generation Clio Delayed a Month or So 5/12/2005
Data Evolution recently admitted that the Clio NXT -- the updated version of its cutting-edge device that skirts the line between handheld,
58. Preliminary Version of ActiveSync 4.0 Now Available 5/12/2005
A beta of the new version of the Windows Mobile synchronization software has been posted on Microsoft's web site.
59. Vegas Betting on PDAs 5/12/2005
Nevada is close to passing legislation that would give casinos the go-ahead to test wireless gambling on PDAs and other handheld devices. Wh
60. Tungsten E2 Now Supports palmOne Wi-Fi Card 5/13/2005
palmOne has fullfilled its promise to release the software necessary to allow the Tungsten E2 to use its Wi-Fi SD card.
61. Pocket Loox 700 Series Will Get Windows Mobile Upgrade 5/13/2005
Fujitsu-Siemens has joined the list of handheld makers that will offer Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrades for some of their Pocket PCs.
Brighthand's Ed Hardy talks about why some handhelds can't be upgraded to the latest version of Windows Mobile.
There is no mention of PDAs or SmartPhones in a recent interview a French newspaper had with Dell, but the quote that Dell makes saying "Yes
Dell: No plans to enter phone market Amazon posts page for PalmOne LifeDrive Report: iPaq hw6500 delayed to November; will include WiFi, W
65. palmOne Supports Tungsten E2 with WiFi Card 5/14/2005
palmOne has released a new driver for their WiFi card. The only change is support has been added for the Tungsten E2. The card now supports
66. iPAQ hw6500 Coming in September 5/16/2005
HP's upcoming series of cellular-wireless handhelds won't be released in the U.S. as quickly as some hope, but it will be out sooner than so
Many software developers have moved quickly to say that their applications will support the latest version of Microsoft's operating system f
68. Verizon Wireless Version of Treo 650 Now Available 5/16/2005
Users of the second-largest wireless service provider in the U.S. can now order palmOne's latest smartphone.
Verizon Wireless is lowering the amount it charges users of the data services on its wireless networks.
70. Samsung i730 Coming to Verizon this Summer 5/16/2005
Verizon Wireless has committed to offering the Samsung i730 cellular-wireless Pocket PC at some point in the next few months.
PalmOne offers $50 rebate, free WiFi card with purchase of T5 Windows Mobile 5 upgrade policies for Fujitsu, Garmin, PPC phones Handango:
72. Ed Colligan Now Officially palmOne's CEO 5/17/2005
After serving as palmOne's interim CEO for several months, Ed Colligan now has the job on a permanent basis.
73. iPAQ h6300 Series Coming Soon to Cingular 5/17/2005
HP has accidentally let slip that a new cellular-wireless iPAQ will be available from Cingular in the near future.
74. HP Releases Significant ROM Update for iPAQ hx4700 5/17/2005
HP has posted on its web site a long-awaited major ROM update for its flagship Pocket PC.
75. palmOne LifeDrive With Free Shipping 5/17/2005
palmOne is doing a horrible job protecting the "secret" that is the LifeDrive. While we're under NDA and can't discuss what we know, palmOne
76. palmOne LifeDrive Mobile Manager Debuts 5/18/2005
palmOne's first model with a built-in 4 GB hard drive has just been released. It also has Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and a high-res+ screen.
77. N-Gage Technology to Expand to Other Nokia Smartphones 5/18/2005
Rather than creating a third gaming-oriented smartphone, Nokia will use N-Gage technology to make a wide variety of smartphones better at pl
Brighthand staffer Shawn Barnett takes palmOne's latest model for a test drive. He finds a lot to like, including a 4 GB hard drive and Wi-F
80. New Boxwave Product: Armor Case for Dell Axim X50 & X50v 5/18/2005
Boxwave is now offering a form-fitting aluminum case for the Dell Axim X50 and X50v.
Chapura has announced that its popular productivity software is immediately compatible with the new LifeDrive mobile manager from palmOne.
82. The palmOne LifeDrive Mobile Manager is Here 5/18/2005
Venturing beyond its well-known focus on the handheld and smartphone markets, palmOne today introduced the LifeDrive mobile manager, an inno
83. PalmOne LifeDrive Review 5/18/2005
It's no secret that PalmOne has been readying a new model, and that leaks have been coming like rain in Seattle. But now, the hat is off, th
A new text entry system makes allows Palm OS users to enter just a few letters and whole words and phases can be added to a document.
85. What does Windows Mobile 5 Mean for the PalmOS? 5/19/2005
Last week, I had a chance to take in the keynote by Bill Gates as he introduced Microsoft's next stage in mobile computing, Windows Mobile 5
86. How to Choose a Smartphone (May Edition) 5/20/2005
The last time we looked at smartphones, the Treo 650 was just getting out of the gates, and a number of Windows Mobile models were yet to be
87. Mama Mio! Mio 169 Uncovered 5/21/2005
Mitac is close to releasing a follow-up to their integrated GPS Windows Mobile PDA. The Mio 169 is close in name to the Mio 168. Turns out,
88. Hands High Software Releases WiFile Pro 2.0 for Palm OS 5/23/2005
WiFile Pro lets users transfer all kinds of files back and forth between their Palm OS handheld and personal computers, corporate servers, s
Laplink Software has announced that its application for remote PC access is compatible with the latest version of Windows Mobile.
90. PalmSource CEO Resigns 5/23/2005
PalmSource has announced that its CEO, David Nagel, has resigned, and the company has named an interim replacement.
91. David Nagel, PalmSource CEO, Resigns 5/23/2005
With the PalmSource developer's conference about to kick off in San Jose, David Nagel has called it quits at PalmSource. The timing couldn't
92. palmOne Will Once Again Be Palm, Inc. 5/24/2005
palmOne has just announced that it has acquired full rights to the brand name "Palm," and will change its name to Palm, Inc. later this year
93. palmOne Renews Its Palm OS License 5/24/2005
palmOne has signed an agreement that will allow it to keep making Palm OS handhelds and smartphones through 2009.
Kinoma has demonstrated RTSP streaming playback to a Palm OS handheld and smartphone.
95. palmOne Changing Name to Palm 5/24/2005
Almost two years after the merger with Handspring and a name change from Palm Solutions Group to palmOne; change is again on the horizon. pa
96. PalmSource Launches Geographic Developer Partner Program 5/25/2005
PalmSource has launched a program designed to provide Palm OS developers all over the world with access to additional local resources to mak
97. PalmSource Developer's Conference Day 1 5/25/2005
The first day (Tuesday) at PalmSource Dev Con started with a keynote address by the outgoing David Nagel and the news that PalmSource had so
98. PalmSource DevCon Gets All Blogged Up 5/26/2005
Multiple blogs are covering PalmSource's developer convention, including a photoblog created by the attendees themselves.
99. PalmSource Developer's Conference Day 2 5/26/2005
The second day of the PalmSource Dev Con certainly didn't have the excitement of the first day as the convention focused more on the busines
100. The Latest on Palm OS for Linux 5/27/2005
PalmSource gave a few more details on its upcoming operating system for handhelds and smartphones at this week's developer conference.
101. Avantgo's New Travel Service Debuts 5/27/2005
iAnywhere, the parent company of AvantGo, has launched a beta of its new Travel Service, built into the current AvantGo browser.
102. Brighthand's Coverage of PalmSource DevCon 2005 5/27/2005
The focus of the Palm OS world this week was on PalmSource's annual developer's conference, which was held in San Jose.
103. Bluetooth Shipments Climb to Five Million per Week 5/27/2005
The Bluetooth Special Interest Group has announced that Bluetooth wireless networking has passed a significant milestone.
104. PalmSource Developer's Conference Day 3 5/27/2005
The third day of PalmSource's Dev Con was for the diehards. There were more sessions on the main themes of this conference: 3G networks, p
105. PDA Deals for Memorial Day Weekend (5/27 - 5/30) 5/27/2005
Dell Home Coupons for up to $90 Off, Valid on Axim Pocket PCspalmOne Zire 31 $90palmOne Tungsten T5 with WiFi Card $290New T5 From CircuitCi
106. Creating eBooks Isn't So Hard After All 5/29/2005
I don't know about many people, but when I got my first PDA (back in August of 2000); I decided to run with the paperless lifestyle mantra.
107. HTC Wizard Coming to Market 5/30/2005
Several rumors have been reported surrounding the latest Windows Mobile Smartphone from HTC. The Wizard replaces the popular HTC Magician, a
108. ASUS Wins Award for Unannounced Pocket PC (Updated) 5/31/2005
ASUS has won a Best Choice of Computex award for the MyPal A636, a Pocket PC that it has not yet officially announced.
109. Handy Entertainment Presents Psycho Path Ver. 2 5/31/2005
Psycho Path 2.0, a pedestrian-crushing Carmageddon parody, is now available for Palm OS 5 and Pocket PC.
110. Softeq Developing Rugged Pocket PC 5/31/2005
The DURATEQ 3100 will be more durable than standard handhelds, but not as bulky as typical rugged models.
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement