Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for May 2007. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2007 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
May 2007 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for May of 2007
Below are the 68 SmartPhone articles for May of 2007
1. Palm Kicks Off Treo Application Contest 5/1/2007
As a way of encouraging more developers to create applications for the Treo 700 and 750 series, the Palm Developer Network is holding a desi
2. Cingular 8525 Update Released 5/1/2007
It isn't the much-anticipated upgrade to Windows Mobile 6, but AT&T has released a small system software update for the Cingular 8525. *UPDA
3. Most Popular Smartphones and PDAs of April 2007 5/1/2007
Each month, Brighthand publishes a list of the most handhelds and smartphones readers have shown the most interest in during the preceding f
4. Stream Songs to a Pocket PC with LobsterTunes 5/2/2007
LobsterTunes is an MP3 player that allows users to stream music from their home PC media servers to their handheld, wherever they are.
5. BlackBerry 8300 May Be Called the Curve 5/2/2007
Some good but not conclusive evidence has emerged that RIM's next converged device might ship with a consumer friendly name, not just a numb
6. Myths and Truths about the Smart in Smartphones 5/2/2007
In this week's editorial, Antoine Wright takes a look at a number of things that are often said about smartphones, checking to see whether
As expected, T-Mobile has just revealed that an official Windows Mobile 6 upgrade will be released tomorrow for its Dash smartphone. This wi
8. RIM Takes the Wraps Off the BlackBerry Curve 5/3/2007
Research in Motion (RIM) has just officially announced -- but not yet released -- its latest convered device, the BlackBerry Curve.
9. iPhone Could Rival the RAZR in Popularity 5/3/2007
There has been a tremendous amount of hype surrounding Apple's iPhone, so the market consulting firm Markitecture set out to get some hard n
10. AT&T Once Again Offering Nokia N75 5/4/2007
An S60 smartphone that appeared on AT&T's web site last week but was quickly pulled is once again available.
According to research sponsored by Microsoft, mobile working is on the rise and businesses need to pay attention or risk losing employees to
12. Hot Topics - Most Active Discussion Threads of April 5/4/2007
For those who don't have time to keep up to date on the Brighthand Forums, here are some of the threads that have attracted the most attenti
Contact-ing for Windows Mobile Smartphone Released Put Animated Themes on a Pocket PC with FlashThemes Player 2007 Line of iPhone Cases
14. i-mate JAQ3 Pocket PC Phone Review 5/6/2007
Adama D. Brown brings us a review of the i-mate JAQ3, one of the thinnest Pocket PC phones available.
15. Samsung Launches Q1 Ultra UMPC 5/7/2007
Samsung's latest Ultra Mobile PC is now available from a wide variety of retailers. It has a number of optional features not present in its
DataViz has just announced that it is bringing its Microsoft Office editing suite to a new mobile platform.
Palm expects to have a beta of a version of the Palm Desktop with Windows Vista support out this summer.
18. Slim Windows Mobile Phone with VGA Screen Announced 5/8/2007
Late last year, E-TEN unveiled the Glofiish X500, a slim Pocket PC phone. Today, the company has taken the wraps off an updated version -- t
Ubuntu, which makes a free version of Linux for PCs, is developing a version of this operating system for mobile devices like UMPCs.
20. Spb Mobile DVD Now Available for WM Smartphones 5/8/2007
Spb Software House has released a Windows Mobile Smartphone version of Spb Mobile DVD - a Windows application that provides a simple way to
21. Palm Treo 755p Review 5/9/2007
Palm has just announced that Sprint will begin offering the Treo 755p soon. Antoine Wright brings us a review of this Palm OS smartphone wit
22. Palm Unveils the Latest Garnet-Based Treo 5/9/2007
Palm has just taken the wraps off a new smartphone, the Treo 755p. This device runs the Garnet OS (formerly Palm OS Garnet), and will be ava
23. Sony Ericsson Announces a Slim UIQ Smartphone 5/9/2007
Sony Ericsson has officially announced the latest entry in its popular P series of smartphones. The P1 will offer a built-in keyboard, 3G, W
24. No Windows Mobile 6 Upgrades for Any Current iPAQ 5/10/2007
HP has revealed its plans for introducing Windows Mobile 6 upgrades for its current models that are running the previous version of this ope
25. Palm Now Offering Online Service for Treo Users 5/10/2007
Palm, Inc. has launched a public beta of a new online service for owners of some of its Palm OS and Windows Mobile smartphones.
26. Sprint PPC-6800 May Be Delayed Until This Fall 5/10/2007
For some time now, rumors have indicated that Sprint intends to release later this month a new Pocket PC phone called the PPC-6800. Now, how
27. Mobile Version of Firefox Coming... but Not Soon 5/11/2007
The CEO of the Mozilla Foundation recently said that there will be a mobile version of the Firefox web browser released at some point, but i
28. Dell May Begin Sales of Nokia Smartphones in the U.S. 5/11/2007
According to an unconfirmed report, Dell will soon begin offering unlocked Nokia smartphones, accessories, and other products.
29. Smartphone and PDA Deals - 5/11/07 5/11/2007
Hot deals this week: T-Mobile Dash - get $55 back HP iPAQ rx5915 - $20 price drop Samsung BlackJack - Only a penny Several Palm Treo a
Watching TV on a mobile phone or handheld hasn't exactly taken the world by storm, but market research firm Gartner predicts that it will be
VITO SmartNavigator Released 2400 mAh USB Power Backup Now Available from Brando Babble Soft Introduces Software for the Parents of Newb
32. Beta Program Available for New Opera Mini Version 5/14/2007
Opera Software is starting a beta program for the next version of its Opera Mini web browser. This Java application is often used by those w
Those with Windows Mobile 6 Standard are pleased that this operating system -- unlike previous versions -- lets users synchronize files. But
34. Treo 755p Now Available from Sprint 5/14/2007
Palm, Inc. officially unveiled the Treo 755p last week, but this smartphone didn't launch at that time. However, this device is now availabl
35. E-TEN Introduces Windows Mobile 6 Upgrades 5/15/2007
E-TEN is now offering Windows Mobile 6 upgrades for one of its Pocket PC phones, and another will be available soon.
36. BlackBerries with Wi-Fi Coming This Year 5/15/2007
Research in Motion (RIM) intends to release before the end of this year its first smartphone with Wi-Fi short-range wireless networking buil
37. Next-Generation Motorola Q Nearing Release 5/15/2007
Motorola's Mobile Experience was held today, and the company took the opportunity to say that two of its Windows Mobile smartphones it had p
Earlier this week, Brighthand reported on a complaint being made by people with a Windows Mobile 6 smartphone and Windows Vista. Microsoft h
39. RIM May Add Wi-Fi, GPS to the BlackBerry Pearl 5/16/2007
Research In Motion recently promised that it would start integrating Wi-Fi into its products before the end of this year. An unconfirmed rep
40. Sun Demonstrates New Linux- and Java-Based Mobile OS 5/16/2007
Sun Microsystems has unveiled a new Java- and Linux-based operating system and graphical interface for a variety of mobile devices, includin
DataViz has released Documents To Go Premium Edition 3 for Windows Mobile Smartphones. The major improvement in this version is the ability
42. Samsung Bringing Out 8 GB microSD Card 5/17/2007
Samsung has just announced that it has developed an 8 GB microSD memory card, a milestone in increasing the capacity of this tiny data stora
43. Get Ready for a GPS Enabled World 5/17/2007
In his latest editorial, Brighthand's Ed Hardy predicts that before too much longer you won't be able to find a handheld or smartphone witho
44. Apple iPhone Gets FCC Approval 5/18/2007
Apple's iPhone has passed a major hurdle: the Federal Communications Commission has given its approval for this smartphone to be released in
45. Amazon.com to Launch DRM-Free MP3 Music Download Store 5/18/2007
Amazon.com will launch a digital music store later this year offering millions of DRM-free songs. These will be playable on virtually any of
46. Symbian OS Shipments Way Up 5/18/2007
Symbian Limited, developer and licensor of the Symbian OS, has announced that shipments of smartphones based on its operating system were up
47. A Mobile Quandary: Lifestyle Devices or Communicators 5/18/2007
In his latest editorial, Antoine Wright takes smartphone makers to task for designing trying to design products that try to be all things to
48. Palm Now Offering New Bluetooth Keyboard 5/19/2007
Palm has released a new Bluetooth wireless keyboard that can be used with a variety of this company's handhelds and smartphones.
49. Security Patch Released for Treo 680, 700p, 650 5/19/2007
Palm, Inc. has just released a patch to fix a small flaw in the password protection software of several of its Garnet OS-based smartphones.
50. TopStory Free Mobile RSS Reader Now Available 5/20/2007
With the release of TopStory, iambic looks to make getting the news that people want via RSS much easier to do.
51. Treo 700p System Software Update Drawing Near 5/21/2007
Palm is almost ready to release system software update created to deal with problems in the Treo 700p.
52. Pharos GPS Phone 600 Review 5/21/2007
The Pharos GPS Phone 600 is equipped much like other Wi-Fi enabled Pocket PC phones, but with GPS capabilities added. Brighthand's chief rev
53. T-Mobile Launches the Wing Pocket PC Phone 5/22/2007
T-Mobile USA is now offering the Wing, a Pocket PC phone with a touchscreen, slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and a blue soft-touch exterior.
54. Brighthand Staff's Predictions for the Palm "Hawk" 5/22/2007
Jeff Hawkins has promised to reveal more details on Palm's plans to create a third product category soon, but Brighthand's editors, writers,
55. Gigabyte's U60 UMPC Officially Available 5/23/2007
Gigabyte Technology has launched its first UMPC in its home country, and has plans to introduce this device on the world market later this y
New SplashTravel Pro Offers Real-time Flight, Weather, and Currency Data Resco Unveils New Version of Photo Viewer Palm Treo 680 Releas
57. Palm Releases ROM Update for Treo 680 5/25/2007
Since the Treo 680 debuted late last year, Palm, Inc. has released several patches for its system software. This company has now combined al
T-Mobile is supposedly the current front-runner in the battle to be the only European carrier that will offer Apple's iPhone, as AT&T is in
59. Worldwide Shipments of Handhelds Up Almost 40 Percent 5/29/2007
A very strong increase in shipments of Windows Mobile devices led to a 40 percent rise in the number of handhelds shipped worldwide during t
60. Palm Almost Certainly Unveiling the ''Hawk'' Tomorrow 5/29/2007
Palm, Inc. has just sent journalists an invitation to a webcast scheduled for tomorrow at which the company will unveil a new class of mobil
61. Nokia N800 Internet Tablet Review 5/29/2007
Antoine Wright brings us this review of the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet, a device that's about the size of a smartphone or handheld but offer
62. An Advanced Look at the Palm Foleo AKA the "Hawk" 5/30/2007
Palm Inc. has apparently accidentally leaked some of the details on the product Jeff Hawkins will release announce later today, the company'
63. BlackBerry Curve Launching Tomorrow 5/30/2007
AT&T will begin offering the BlackBerry Curve tomorrow, which will make it the first carrier worldwide to to sell this cellular-wireless han
Palm, Inc. has just formally unveiled the Foleo, the first in a class of devices it is calling Mobile Companions. This model, when availabl
Nokia Holding Various N-Series Events in June Simulate Phone Calls with Call Jockey Kingston Releases Ultra-Portable microSD Reader+Card
66. HTC May Unveil iPhone-Type Smartphone on June 5 5/31/2007
According to an unconfirmed report, the company behind many of the most popular Windows mobile smartphones may soon unveil a device with man
67. Companies Racing to Bring Out Flexible Displays 5/31/2007
In the past few weeks, several companies have shown off prototypes of flexible displays, bringing closer the time when a computer's screen c
68. Apple Will Open the iPhone to Third-Party Software 5/31/2007
It seems that Apple is bending to pressure, and is putting together some method to allow third-party developers write applications for the i
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement