Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for June 2005. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2005 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
June 2005 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for June of 2005
Below are the 111 SmartPhone articles for June of 2005
Just a few weeks after launching its first mobile manager, there is already a hint that palmOne plans to release another model in this categ
2. COMPUTEX: Asus A636 GPS PDA (lots of pics) 6/1/2005
We flew to the other side of the world to take pictures of the new ASUS MyPal A636 built-in GPS PDA. Why? For your benefit and because we
Asus also had their new Pocket PC Phone, the Asus P505, on display at Computex in Taipei, Taiwan. This device should be available in Europe
4. COMPUTEX: Acer Prepping Smartphones for 2006 6/1/2005
Acer doesn't sell their PDAs in the US, though they do quite well here with their notebooks. Hopefully Acer's foray into Smartphones will ma
5. ATP Announces 4GB SD Card 6/2/2005
ATP will begin offering a 4GB SD card later this year.
6. Nokia Developing Internet Tablet 6/2/2005
Nokia has announced plans to release this fall a Linux-based device dedicated to accessing the Internet.
HP has said that iPAQ owners shouldn't expect to be able to upgrade their handhelds for another couple of months.
Oswin demos smartphone running Cobalt ATP announces 2 GB and 4 GB SD cards Samsung shows off landscape PPC phone Lawsuit settlement for
9. COMPUTEX: ETen M600 (pics) 6/2/2005
E-Ten is showing off their upcoming Pocket PC Phone, the M600, at Computex in Taipei this week. The M600 is an update to company's previous
Brighthand staff writer Larry Becker talks about all the ways that handhelds are better than laptops.
Cingular Wireless is the first wireless service provider in North America to offer GoodLink to its business customers.
12. COMPUTEX: Tatung V620 (pics) 6/3/2005
The Tatung V620 was on display at the Microsoft Windows Mobile floor space at Computex this week. The device is a Windows CE 5.0 based pers
When you think of the company Gigabyte (assuming you've heard of them!) you think motherboards, notebooks and some basic wireless and router
14. Microsoft Unveils Push Email for Windows Mobile 5.0 6/6/2005
Microsoft has announced a software upgrade for Exchange Server 2003 that will allow it to wirelessly push email, calendar, contacts, and Tas
15. LearningToGo Opens Summer Sale 2005 6/6/2005
Two of LearningToGo's most popular game apps, ChessToGo and Pixionary for Palm, are on sale at 32 percent markdown.
16. SharkCache Speeds Up the LifeDrive (Updated) 6/6/2005
SharkCache is a new application designed specifically to increase the speed at which the palmOne LifeDrive opens applications.
17. Cingular Now Offering Two iPAQ h6300 Models 6/6/2005
Cingular Wireless announced today that it is now offering two new versions of a cellular-wireless iPAQ from HP.
iAnywhere Solutions, the company responsible for the AvantGo service, announced today it will support the new Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 s
While at Computex I came across a couple of interesting pure Wi-Fi phones, one of which is Windows CE based and the other uses an embedded L
Brighthand staffer Shawn Barnett takes palmOne's latest model for a test drive. He finds a lot to like, including a 4 GB hard drive and Wi-F
23. Astraware's Fun In The Sun Promotion 6/7/2005
Each day for 14 days a different Astraware game will be available at a big discount.
26. Seattle Tops Chart of Most Un-Wired Cities 6/7/2005
Intel has just released their list of most Un-wired cities in America and Seattle has taken the top spot away from San Francisco, last year'
The Sharp Zaurus line gets an update refresh with the release off the SL-C3100, an update to the SL-C3000 (Zaurus SL-C3000 Review) that has
Socket Communications has made several enhancements to its Mobile Power Pack, a hi-capacity lithium-ion Battery that provides a portable cha
OfficeMax has signed an agreement with EarthLink Wireless to distribute, market, and sell the Treo 650 smartphone.
A nationwide upgrade to the TiVoToGo service will, for the first time, let people play TiVo content on certain Windows Mobile-based devices.
31. Sierra Wireless Pulls the Plug on the Voq Smartphone 6/8/2005
Because of poor sales, Sierra Wireless plans to stop production of its Voq Windows Mobile smartphone.
32. Seagate Shipping 8 GB Microdrive 6/8/2005
Seagate has announced an 8 GB 1-inch hard drive designed for use in mobile devices and CompactFlash cards.
iPaq h6320 released on Cingular i-mate to bundle anti-virus software Microsoft unveils 'push' email system for WM5 Lag-reduction hack for
34. Sierra Wireless Cancels Their Voq Smartphones 6/8/2005
Sierra Wireless has announced plans to cut the Voq Smartphone from their product lineup. Sierra didn't disclose a reason, but perhaps the de
35. Microsoft Showing Off Pocket PC-Powered BattleBot 6/9/2005
At a conference, Microsoft is using a BattleBot to demonstrate that the .NET Compact Framework can communicate with and power machinery.
36. Sharp Updates Its Clamshell Zaurus 6/9/2005
Last fall, Sharp introduced the Zaurus SL-C3000, which was one of the very first handhelds to have a built-in hard drive. Now, the company h
37. The Finalizer - PDA Powered BattleBot 6/9/2005
Getting tired of regular PDAs? How about this one that powers a $28,000 BattleBot called "The Finalizer." The tank-like bot, complete with l
38. Computex: Mitac Mio 169 and Mio 269 (pics, specs) 6/9/2005
Last week at Computex in Taipei Mitac had it's two new GPS devices, the Mio 169 Pocket PC and GPS integrated device and the Mio Digiwalker 2
Infosync review of iPaq hw6500 RIM, NTP restart court battle Seagate touts 8 GB microdrive
40. RIM, NTP Settlement in Jeopardy 6/10/2005
The settlement of the long-running patent infringement lawsuit between Research in Motion (RIM) and NTP appears to be coming apart.
Although the email system Microsoft has developed doesn't exactly match the dictionary definition of push email, it's very close.
42. AlwaysOnGPS Makes GPS Systems More Accurate 6/10/2005
AlwaysOnGPS is a new Windows Mobile application that lets those who have a GPS system determine their location in places where GPS signals a
43. CalliGrapher 8.0 Public Beta Released 6/10/2005
PhatWare has released a public beta of CalliGrapher 8.0, the next version of its handwriting recognition software for Pocket PCs.
44. Super Wild Wild Words Review 6/10/2005
Saturday night and nothing is on TV but some old Westerns. So what do you do? Call up some friends and play a game of Hangman? Nah, good gam
45. Cowboy 1.0 - Become the Champion Rope Thrower 6/11/2005
Cowboy 1.0 is a new Palm OS game in which players have to use a lasso to catch different kinds of animals and prizes.
A pair of analysts who work for market research firm Gartner say that the email system for Windows Mobile 5.0 that was unveiled last week is
47. Don't Expect Another ''Summer of Pocket PC'' 6/13/2005
Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief warns that, unlike the last two years, a lot of new Pocket PCs aren't going to debut this summer.
48. Computex: Unication Linux PDA / SmartPhone (pics, specs) 6/13/2005
Unication was showing off a Linux OS PDA at Computex Taipei that had some very interesting features. Built-in VoIP phone capabilities (via
Bradley will join HPs personal systems group, as an executive vice president. The PSG oversees PDAs, notebooks, desktops and other related p
50. Former palmOne CEO Now in Charge of the iPAQ Line 6/14/2005
Todd Bradley, the former CEO of palmOne, has been made the head of the division of HP that makes the iPAQ line of handhelds.
51. HTC Universal on Track for Q3 Release 6/14/2005
HTC is expected to begin volume production soon of one of the most highly anticipated Pocket PCs of this year.
52. InnoPocket Announces Hard Case for palmOne LifeDrive 6/14/2005
InnoPocket plans to release next month a protective metal case for the new palmOne LifeDrive mobile manager.
EarthLink Wireless has joined forces with OfficeMax to offer a special Father's Day Promotion on the Treo 650 smartphone.
54. PDA Manufacturers Need to Clam Up 6/14/2005
The mainstream PDA is a slate form factor. But just because that's what most of them are, doesn't mean it's right. Sony brought some great c
Nokia is using open source software as the basis of a new web browser for Series 60.
visNotes allows users to encrypt a memo and unlock it by simply tapping in the correct way on a picture.
Use your PocketPC as a USB drive Reports: Samsung i730 to launch June 23rd Gartner: Windows Mobile 5.0 messaging not enterprise-secure Li
58. Samsung SGH-D55 Smartphone at CommunicAsia 6/15/2005
Samsung is set to dominate the Smartphone market. It seems they're the only manufacturer really pushing the limits with hardware design. Wel
59. SanDisk SD/USB Card Now Available 6/16/2005
The 1 GB SanDisk Ultra II SD Plus card announced earlier this year is now in stores.
60. NewsMob Adds RSS and ATOM Tutorials 6/16/2005
NewsMob.com now has available a series of step-by-step tutorials for reading RSS or ATOM newsfeeds on a Palm or Pocket PC.
61. PDA News - Sprint EVDO, PalmOne GPS cradle, Nokia 770 6/16/2005
Sprint's rollout plans for EVDO PalmOne-branded GPS cradle Preview of Nokia 770 micro-tablet PDA phones on show at CommunicAsia
62. Palm Releases Several Treo 650 Updates 6/16/2005
Palm has released updates for both the unlocked and Sprint PCS versions of the Treo 650. There are big changes on the Sprint PCS front; Blue
In the future, workers will have more flexibility to do their jobs from wherever they want, but, at the same time, jobs will increasingly en
64. Significant System Updates Released for Treo 650 6/17/2005
palmOne has released a software update for Sprint's version of the Treo 650, and another update for the version of this smartphone that isn'
65. Small System Patch Released for LifeDrive 6/17/2005
palmOne has posted on its web site a small patch that fixes intermittent connectivity problems the LifeDrive Mobile Manager has with a pair
66. Google Enhances Mobile Search 6/17/2005
Google has added a new element to their industry leading search tool for portable computing. The new option allows users to search only page
Prototype 10 GB microdrive developed No OS upgrades for imate PPC phones Rumors: Zire 72 to be discontinued; No Treo this year?
68. Dell Releases Updated ROM for Axim X30 Series 6/20/2005
Dell has posted on its web site an updated ROM for its Axim X30 series. Most of the changes made in this ROM are wireless-related.
69. Google Improves Mobile Search Site 6/20/2005
Goggle now allows users of handhelds and smartphones to specify that the sites that result from their searches must be mobile device-friendl
70. The Drawbacks of Cellular-Wireless Handhelds 6/20/2005
Brighthand's Editor-in-Chief has realized there are more drawbacks to handhelds with built-in cellular-wireless functionality than he had fi
71. Years Later the Palm Pilot is Still Strong 6/20/2005
PalmOne, soon to be Palm, abandoned the Palm Pilot brand name for their PDAs years ago. But just like Kleenex, the product came to be known
72. Bubble Buster Advanced 2.0 Released 6/21/2005
In the latest version of Bubble Buster Advanced, players through the clouds and bust as many bubbles as possible within a given time limit.
73. Intellisync Promises Fast and Easy Push Email 6/21/2005
Intellisync Wireless Email Express is a new service that offers true push email to those who don't want to go through the hassle of maintai
According to a new report by Research and Markets, the traditional PDA should begin funeral preparations soon. The market will see a negativ
75. palmOne Releases Major System Update for Tungsten T5 6/22/2005
palmOne has released an updated ROM for the Tungsten T5. This fixes a number of bugs, and improves the way this model handles memory.
76. iPAQ hw6500 Now Available in Germany 6/22/2005
T-Mobile Germany is now offering the iPAQ hw6510, making it the first company to sell a model from this series of cellular-wireless Pocket P
77. Dell Gives Details on Windows Mobile 5.0 Upgrades 6/22/2005
Dell has just released the details on how Axim X50 series owners can upgrade their handhelds to Windows Mobile 5.0.
78. PalmOne Tungsten T5 Updater 1.1 Released 6/22/2005
PalmOne has posted Version 1.1 of the Tungsten T5 Updater. People have been waiting for this update for some time now and will be relieved i
How to unlock the Cingular Treo 650 XM Satellite radio for the PocketPC Pricing, release timetable for Axim X50 OS upgrade
80. NTP's Lawsuit Against RIM Continues to Unravel 6/23/2005
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has effectively struck down two more of the patents that are at the heart of the lawsuit NTP is bringin
81. Sprint Now Offering BlackBerry with Bluetooth 6/23/2005
The BlackBerry 7250 is now available from Sprint PCS. This is the first Bluetooth-enabled BlackBerry to be offered by this carrier.
82. Verizon Launches Samsung i730 6/23/2005
Verizon Wireless is now offering the Samsung i730 to its largest customers, and it will go on sale to the general public next month. This ce
83. HP Releases ROM Update for iPAQ hx2000 Series 6/23/2005
HP has posted on its web site a ROM update for all the models in its iPAQ hx2000 series. This fixes a large number of bugs, plus updates som
84. palmOne Planning Handheld with 6 GB Microdrive 6/23/2005
Just a month after palmOne launched the LifeDrive, its first handheld with a built-in hard drive, word has already leaked out that the compa
NoviiRemote Deluxe and NoviiRemote Classic software is now compatible with the latest palmOne handhelds.
The Samsung SCH-i730 is Samsung's first Pocket PC phone with EV-DO high-speed data access, built-in keyboard and also 802.11b wi-fi included
87. New 6GB PalmOne LifeDrive Coming? 6/23/2005
Another month, another blown cover on a PalmOne device. According to Hitachi documents touting their new 6GB mini hard drive, PalmOne will
89. New Versions of Two Pocket PC Web Browsers Released 6/24/2005
Two of the best known third-party web browsers have been updated: NetFront and ThunderHawk. These updates bring significant new features to
90. Rumor - PalmOne Tungsten XX - Tungsten T5 With WiFi 6/24/2005
Multiple sources have started posting images and details of a new PalmOne device, known at the moment as the Tungsten XX. It appears to be a
91. Motorola Franklin - RAZR-type Windows Mobile PDA Coming 6/26/2005
Motorola has scrapped as many Smartphone designs as they've released, but if the Franklin comes through, it could be the biggest, or thinnes
92. Details Leak Out on RAZR-Thin Windows Mobile Phones 6/27/2005
A PowerPoint presentation that describes a series of upcoming Motorola smartphones very similar to the RAZR has been found on a Microsoft we
93. palmOne Launching Two GPS Receivers 6/27/2005
Responding to the growing interest in handheld-based GPS solutions, palmOne is going to add a pair of new GPS receivers to its list of acces
94. Rumors Surface of the Tungsten XX 6/27/2005
According to rumor, the Tungsten XX have will supposedly be somewhat similar to the Tungsten T5, but with better wireless networking capabil
ROM updates for iPaq hx2000, Axim X30 WSJ's Mossberg looks at i730 Flashback: Microsoft market domination?
96. The PalmOS Effect Part 1: Simplicity and No Maturity 6/27/2005
This article is Part 1 of a two part series. In this article we discuss the benefit gained through the simple usability of the Palm OS, but
97. palmOne Launches Web Site to Help Educators Get Grants 6/28/2005
palmOne has just unveiled a new section on its web site dedicated to helping educators get funding grants to use handhelds in the classroom.
98. Handango Announces Champion Award Winners 6/28/2005
Handango has announced the winners of the Fifth Annual Champion Awards, which are given to outstanding software for handhelds and smartphone
Verizon wireless is now offering the Samsung i730 to the general public, more than a week before it said this cellular-wireless Pocket PC wo
Data Armor lets users lock and protect important data, and helps protect them from identity and information thieves.
To help celebrate the U.S. Independence Day, Astraware has created a special version of its free Fireworks! screensaver, plus it is offering
102. Samsung SCH-i730 Available Now 6/29/2005
Verizon started selling the Samsung i730 through business channels last week, but the i730 is now available to consumers via Verizon's websi
103. The PalmOS Effect Part Two: The Developer's Perspective 6/29/2005
In part one, I looked at how the simplicity of the PalmOS has merited into a platform that is not as mature as the users that it wants to at
104. PalmSource Announces New "Tier 1" Licensee Coming 6/29/2005
As part of their fiscal fourth quarter conference call today, PalmSource announced a 16% reduction in staff, a smaller loss than the same pe
105. Dell Releases Small ROM Update for Axim X50 Series 6/30/2005
The latest ROM update for Dell's Axim X50 series makes only a couple of small changes.
106. PalmSource Reports Profitable Quarter, Job Cuts 6/30/2005
PalmSource has released the results for its most recent financial quarter. Although the company turned a profit, this was primarily the resu
107. palmOne Announces Very Profitable Quarter 6/30/2005
During its most recent financial quarter, palmOne earned a much higher profit than many had been expecting.
108. palmOne's Name Change Coming Next Month 6/30/2005
palmOne will officially change its name to Palm, Inc. in two weeks. Its stock symbol will change at the same time.
109. PalmSource Has a Mysterious New Licensee 6/30/2005
PalmSource has announced that a large company has agreed to make Palm OS devices, but exactly which company this is has not yet been reveale
Spectec WiFi MiniSD card RIM doubles earnings; stock slides Reports: Tungsten C discontinued Garmin iQue 3600 on clearence
111. PalmOne Announces Good Quarter, Change to Palm July 14th 6/30/2005
PalmOne today announced good financials for the quarter and for their fiscal year, fueled mainly by the Treo 650, Tungsten E/E2 and the intr
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement