Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for July 2001. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2001 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
July 2001 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for July of 2001
Below are the 54 SmartPhone articles for July of 2001
1. After a year, has Pocket PC been a success? 7/1/2001
Everex, Philips, Uniden. Remember those names? It's difficult to believe that less than three years ago each was making its mark in the worl
2. PC Expo Features Less Excitement, Smaller Crowd 7/1/2001
For the second year in a row, it was handheld devices and that sparkled in the forefront. ``If there's been innovation it's been on the Palm
3. Tons of Staples.com Coupons Available! 7/2/2001
bargainPDA.com has added many staples.com coupon codes to our coupon section.
4. Mobile and DVD make PC Expo 7/2/2001
PC Expo wasn't exactly a snooze. While not as exciting as previous years, the show did have its share of cool products.
5. Report shows lack of faith in Bluetooth 7/3/2001
SINGAPORE--The majority of businesses polled by consulting company Frost & Sullivan say they have no plans to purchase products using the Bl
6. Help for jet-lagged PDAs 7/3/2001
Let's teach handhelds to handle multiple time zones! I recently took a cross-continent jaunt to spend a week talking with people about disp
7. Win a PDA from OCLC.org 7/5/2001
Online Computer Library Center, Inc. of Columbus, OH is giving away a Handspring device to a randomly selected winner of those that particip
8. Microsoft taking dual approach to handhelds 7/6/2001
Although Microsoft touts its Pocket PC as the best software package for handhelds, it is offering another option for computer makers that th
9. NEC to launch 1st PDA in Japan this year 7/9/2001
TOKYO, July 9 (Reuters) - NEC Corp, Japan's biggest personal computer maker, said on Monday it will launch its first personal digital assist
10. RIM claims partial victory in court 7/10/2001
Research In Motion said Monday it has won a partial victory in its legal battle with Glenayre Technologies over dueling claims of patent inf
11. Casio Invests $5 Million in Sybase Wireless Subsidiary 7/10/2001
Casio will invest $5 million into Sybase within the next 30 days, Sybase said in a statement. Sybase hopes the move will allow iAnywhere to
12. Psion exits consumer handheld market 7/11/2001
LONDON--Shares in Psion hit a three-year low on Wednesday after Europe's biggest handheld-computer maker said it would shun the consumer mar
13. Price of SD cards drops 7/11/2001
Panasonic on Tuesday slashed the price of its Secure Digital Memory Cards and plans this fall to more than double its output of the cards, w
14. Intel looks at leap in handheld memory 7/11/2001
Intel is betting that consumers want handheld computers stuffed with 500MB of memory.
15. Disney Continues Wireless Push With AvantGo Partnership 7/12/2001
Walt Disney Internet Group recently partnered with San Mateo, CA-based AvantGo's mobile Internet service to provide ABCNews.com and ESPN.com
16. Psion backtracks on consumer plans 7/13/2001
Despite initial reports, Psion is denying it will completely abandon the consumer handheld market.
17. Checking Out E-Books 7/13/2001
The nation's public libraries are struggling to deliver e-books. But do cardholders even want books online?
The new service issues real-time alerts over e-mail and mobile devices. And it also provides traffic reports and lottery results.
19. Handspring to slash price of VisorPhone 7/14/2001
Handspring plans to make a major price cut on the attachment that turns its Visor handhelds into a cell phone.
20. Toshiba entering PDA market 7/16/2001
TOKYO--Japanese electronics conglomerate Toshiba unveiled Monday its first personal digital assistant, due for launch in Japan next month an
21. Linux In The Palm Of Your Hand 7/16/2001
Playing the underdog is familiar territory for Linux, but now the open-source community prepares to go up against PDA leaders Palm and Micro
22. DoCoMo's European Plans Hit A Snag 7/17/2001
The Japanese wireless operator is delaying the launch of its popular I-mode service because of infrastructure problems.
23. The Blue Nomad Interview 7/18/2001
In this interview, Blue Nomad founder Dr. Alexander Hinds discusses WordSmith and BackupBuddy with PalmGoddess Jen Edwards
24. REVIEW: Handspring Visor Deluxe 7/18/2001
This is a comprehensive look at the Handspring Visor Deluxe-8MB, 12,000 entry capable, AAA powered, infinitely expandable, make-it-want-you-
25. Analysis: Can Handhelds Improve Support? 7/18/2001
Handhelds have become an indispensable part of business, but their use is mostly limited to personal information management. What if you cou
26. Handspring sales meet lowered expectations 7/18/2001
Handheld maker Handspring on Wednesday reported a loss that narrowly beat estimates, while its sales met lowered expectations.
27. Company starts selling Linux for Palms 7/18/2001
Empower Technologies, a start-up in Redmond, Wash., has released a version of the Linux operating system that will run on Palm IIIx, IIIxe a
28. REVIEW: HandEra 330 7/19/2001
The first time I saw the specs for the HandEra 330, I thought it looked like the perfect writer's PDA.
29. REVIEW: Palm m505 7/19/2001
Users new to the Palm family of products will enjoy its impressive array of features and capabilities, and seasoned Palm users will enjoy th
30. REVIEW: iPAQ Pocket PC H3670 with 64 MB of SDRAM 7/19/2001
With the introduction of the Compaq iPAQ Pocket PC H3670, pocket-size PDA computers are finally beginning to become less like pocket organiz
31. PC Expo 7/20/2001
On site coverage of PC Expo 2001 from New York, NY
32. OS 4.0 Upgrade Coming Soon to A Palm Near You 7/20/2001
In late Spring, Palm Inc. began shipping the first handhelds with OS 4.0, the m500 series. Since then, many users have asked when an upgrade
33. Palm names new executives 7/20/2001
Handheld computing leader Palm announced three new executive appointments to its Solutions Group.
34. Microsoft releases Windows CE code 7/23/2001
Microsoft has made the source code of its Windows CE 3.0 embedded operating system available to developers in a bid to compete with the "ope
35. Microsoft hopes to create buzz for Stinger 7/23/2001
Microsoft is moving into the handset-making business, hoping to give more bite to its Stinger operating system for "smart phones."
36. RIM stock falls on BellSouth results 7/23/2001
Shares of Research In Motion fell as much as 16 percent Monday after telephone company BellSouth results showed declining subscriber growth
37. Palm to announce steps to ARM transition 7/23/2001
Palm will announce on Tuesday its initial steps to adapt its operating system to run on ARM-based processors, CNET News.com has learned.
Consistent with its strategy to fuel innovation and broaden the market for Palm Powered(R) devices, Palm, Inc. (Nasdaq: PALM) today announ
39. PDAs Helping Workers Do Their Jobs Better 7/24/2001
Every time someone plunks 50 cents into one of its 35,000 snack vending machines, Aramark refreshment services wants to know about it. The s
Shipments of non-wireless handheld computers, such as Palm devices, are expected to slow sharply in Western Europe over the next two years,
41. Software takes Palm programs to Pocket PC 7/25/2001
When is a Palm not a Palm? When the Palm operating system runs on Pocket PC devices.
42. UPS to Deploy Bluetooth, Wireless LAN Network 7/26/2001
United Parcel Service plans to deploy the world's largest wireless LAN and short-range wireless Bluetooth network throughout its worldwide d
43. Compaq prepares for new Pocket PC 7/26/2001
Looking to boost sales of its iPaq handheld computers, Compaq is touting that its Pocket PC models are the only ones that will be ready to u
44. OmniSky falls closer to Earth 7/27/2001
OmniSky has laid off nearly 100 employees, mostly from closing several European offices, as the company consolidates its business to try to
45. Palm to separate OS business 7/27/2001
Handheld giant Palm announced on Friday its plans to create a separate subsidiary for the part of its business that develops and licenses th
46. Speed up your Palm PDA with QuickBits...... 7/28/2001
QuickBits (http://www.2bitsoftware.com) to the Rescue!
Two separate reports -- from mobile consultancy Mobile Lifestreams and research consultancy Frost & Sullivan -- indicate that the time has n
48. REVIEW: Agenda VR3 Linux PDA 7/30/2001
The Agenda VR3 is the first PDA to come with Linux, the Open Source operating system geeks love, pre-installed. Originally released in t
49. ARM hands latest chip design to Intel, TI 7/30/2001
Chip designer ARM Holdings announced Monday that it has licensed the next version of its processor architecture to Intel and Texas Instrumen
50. buy.com Deal of the Day -- Kodak PalmPix 7/31/2001
It's always worth checking out buy.com to see what their deal of the day is. Palm users will be interested to check out today's special buy
51. Dell.com 10% off ALL PDA's (including Sony Clie) 7/31/2001
Want a Sony Clie N710C for $450.00? Buy a PDA online through Dell.com and you will receive 10% off of the device. Click here now (click
52. Bluetooth still teething 7/31/2001
Consulting company Frost & Sullivan has downgraded its previous short-term forecasts for Bluetooth technology, blaming technical- and market
53. Research In Motion Will Launch BlackBerry in Italy 7/31/2001
RIM Europe, through Wireless Solutions Dada's Mobile Technology subsidiary, intends to release BlackBerry in Italy by early 2002, and develo
54. Linux handheld device holds 10GB 7/31/2001
A Singapore company has unveiled a handheld device that stores up to 10GB of data and multimedia files. The device, dubbed the Terapin M
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement