Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for July 2004. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2004 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
July 2004 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for July of 2004
Below are the 129 SmartPhone articles for July of 2004
1. Securely Store PINs with TurboPasswords 7/1/2004
TurboPasswords offers a new feature designed to automatically enter passwords and PINs into web pages.
2. New Tool Makes Switching Handhelds Easier 7/1/2004
PocketCopy helps users to more easily get their information out of Palm Desktop and into Microsoft Outlook.
3. HP Adds Wi-Fi Roaming to iPAQ h4100 Series 7/1/2004
A new Wi-Fi driver adds support for seamless roaming when moving across access points within the same subnet.
Motorola's latest smartphone has a clamshell design with a QWERTY keyboard and a screen that supports both landscape and portrait modes.
5. The Laws of Technology 7/2/2004
Postulates such as Moore's Law, Gene's Law and Metcalfe's Law appear to apply to handhelds too
6. Belkin Preparing Portable Bluetooth Keyboard 7/2/2004
It appears that Belkin is close to releasing the keyboard for Bluetooth-enabled handhelds it first promised last year.
7. The Pocket Loox 700 Series Revealed 7/2/2004
The Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket Loox 700 series has just received Bluetooth certification. Initially, this series is expected to include two mode
8. Weekly Gaming Roundup 7/3/2004
Duke Nukem for the Tapwave Zodiac debuted this week, and so did Aeon of Discovery for Pocket PC, as well as several other games.
Scientists and engineers are working on a number of products that could have a significant impact on future handhelds and smartphones.
Those waiting for the first smartphones running Windows Mobile 2005 will have a long wait, according to an unconfirmed report.
11. HP Considering Making Subnotebooks Again 7/6/2004
After a long hiatus, HP is looking into the idea of releasing a new line devices that are larger than handhelds but smaller than laptops.
Spb Software House has released updates for all of its top products. These bring support for the latest version of Windows Mobile for Pocket
13. Sierra Wireless Names Voq Distributors 7/7/2004
Sierra Wireless has announced which distributors will be the first to handle its Voq smartphone in North America.
14. Details Leaked on Rumored Nokia Handheld 7/7/2004
Some additional information has surfaced on what is supposed to be the first model in an upcoming line of handhelds from Nokia.
15. Navman Launches GPS-Enabled Pocket PC 7/7/2004
Navman is now offering a rebranded version of the MiTAC Mio 168, a Pocket PC with a built-in GPS receiver.
16. Nokia Will Not Take Control of Symbian 7/7/2004
One of the most important questions of this year, whether the Symbian OS would remain independent, has now been answered.
A new Pocket PC from Fujitsu raises the possibility that the upcoming Pocket Loox 720 will simply be a rebranded version of a model ASUS ann
18. palmOne Opens Online Ebook Store 7/7/2004
Thanks to a partnership with the world's largest electronic bookstore, the palmOne eBook Store is now open for business.
19. Treo 600 May Finally Be Coming to Verizon 7/8/2004
What appears to be an internal Verizon document describing this wireless service providers' plans for palmOne's smartphone has leaked out.
20. More Evidence Toshiba Exiting Handheld Market 7/8/2004
New signs now indicate that Toshiba will stop offering its handhelds in Europe. There were strong signs earlier this year that Toshiba appea
21. palmOne Reaches Out to Mac Users 7/8/2004
palmOne has introduced an area on its web site for Apple Macintosh users who want to get the most out of their palmOne handhelds and smartph
22. Upgrade a MPx200 to Windows Mobile 2003 (Updated) 7/9/2004
When Motorola and AT&T introduced the MPx200 last year, it ran Microsoft's Smartphone 2002. Now an unofficial upgrade to the latest version
23. EFF Attacks Handheld-Related Patents 7/9/2004
The Electronic Frontier Foundation has started a campaign to get a number of what it regards as bad patents off the books. Three of these ar
24. Metal Deluxe Case For Zire 72 Now Available 7/10/2004
Innopocket is now offering a Metal Deluxe case for the palmOne Zire 72.
25. Weekly Gaming Roundup 7/10/2004
New games this week include Baseball Today, Darts Deluxe, and more.
26. RIM Bringing Bluetooth to BlackBerries 7/11/2004
A RIM executive has said that his company is going to add Bluetooth to future versions of its wireless handhelds.
27. Sony Ericsson P900 Replacement Expected this Week 7/12/2004
What are supposed to be some pictures of Sony Ericsson's upcoming top-of-the-line smartphone appeared on the Web this week.
28. PowerByHand Kicks Off Summer Software Sale 7/12/2004
PowerByHand has started a handheld software sale and contest across all its sites, including eReader.com, PalmGear.com, and PocketGear.com.
29. Fujitsu-Siemens to Release Cellular-Wireless Pocket PC 7/12/2004
A Fujitsu-Siemens executive has revealed that her company is developing a Pocket Loox model that can connect to cellular-wireless networks.
30. HP Readies New iPAQs (Updated) 7/13/2004
Hewlett-Packard is preparing to unveil several new iPAQ Pocket PCs. Some of the features in these models include built-in 1.3 megapixel came
31. Treo 600 Now Available from Verizon 7/13/2004
palmOne's Treo 600 smartphone can now be purchased from Verizon Wireless through business channels.
32. Dell Releases Axim X30 ROM Update 7/13/2004
A new ROM update for Dell's latest Pocket PC's makes a few minor changes.
33. FIC Pocket PC Gets FCC Approval 7/14/2004
A Taiwanese OEM has just received permission from the FCC to release a new wireless Pocket PC. However, this company won't be putting this m
34. No Windows Mobile SE Upgrades for Older iPAQs or Axims 7/14/2004
In a pair of announcements that will surely disappoint many, both HP and Dell have made it clear that they will not release Windows Mobile 2
35. Microsoft Reader Gets Windows Mobile SE Support 7/14/2004
Microsoft has released a new version of its ebook reader for Pocket PCs. The most significant change is it adds support for the latest versi
36. Create Extended Themes For Pocket PC Handhelds 7/14/2004
A freeware tool from Spb Software House enables users to create extended themes for Pocket PC handhelds running Spb Pocket Plus.
37. SyChip Could Bring More Wi-Fi Palm OS Handhelds 7/14/2004
SyChip has joined the Palm OS Ready Program as a way of getting its Wi-Fi solutions integrated into future Palm OS models.
38. Sony Ericsson Unveils P910 7/15/2004
Sony Ericsson has taken the wraps off the P910. This new model has both external and internal improvements over its predecessor, the P900.
39. palmOne Launches Movie Sweepstakes 7/15/2004
palmOne has just introduced a sweepstakes to highlight the use of one of its products in the upcoming movie, "Little Black Book."
40. Sharp Developing its First Symbian OS Smartphones 7/15/2004
A senior executive at Sharp has revealed that his company plans to release smart phones running the Symbian operating system next year.
41. Pocket Loox 700 Series Now Official... Sort Of 7/16/2004
Fujitsu-Siemens has made its first official acknowledgment of a pair of upcoming Pocket PCs. One of these will be a high-end model with a VG
42. Motorola MPx100 Smartphone May Never Be Released 7/16/2004
It now it appears that this low-cost Windows Mobile smartphone may not ever hit the market.
Bachmann Software has released Mobile Backup, a Palm OS application that allows handheld users to backup their critical data on either a net
44. Tactile Digital Assistant Announced 7/17/2004
The upcoming Jackito has been designed to be controlled entirely with its users' thumbs, not with a stylus or hardware buttons.
45. First Pocket PC Virus Found 7/19/2004
A group of virus writers has written a piece of malicious code that can infect Pocket PCs. However, it was created as a "proof of concept" a
46. Sony Cuts Memory Stick Prices 7/19/2004
Sony has lowered the suggested retail price of Memory Stick PRO and Memory Stick PRO Duo cards.
47. Verizon Now Offering Treo 600 to Everyone 7/19/2004
palmOne's Treo 600 smartphone can now be purchased by anyone from Verizon Wireless. Until now this wireless service provider was only offer
48. Garmin iQue 3200 May Be Coming Next Month 7/19/2004
Evidence emerged today that Garmin is preparing to release a new version of its Palm OS handheld with a built-in GPS receiver.
49. Verizon Offering Windows Mobile 2003 Upgrade for i600 7/20/2004
A free upgrade to Windows Mobile 2003 for Smartphones is now available for the Samsung SCH-i600.
50. New Book Shows Palm Users How to Lose the Laptop 7/20/2004
A new book, Lose The Laptop, takes on the emerging trend of replacing a laptop with a smartphone or handheld.
Sony had set itself an ambitious goal of beginning commercial production of handheld-sized OLED displays by this fall, but it now appears it
Dell today announced two new accessories designed for its Axim X30: a GPS receiver and a folding keyboard. Both of these communicate with th
53. European Handheld Shipments Continue to Climb 7/21/2004
During the second quarter of this year, handheld shipments in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa increased by 43 percent, while smartphone
54. First Glimpse of the T-Mobile MDA IV 7/21/2004
What is supposedly a description of the MDA IV has emerged. This handheld may be the first cellular-wireless Pocket PC with a VGA screen.
55. Windows Mobile 2003 Upgrade Released for Samsung i700 7/21/2004
A Window Mobile 2003 upgrade has finally been released for the Verizon Wireless version of Samsung's SCH-i700 cellular-wireless Pocket PC.
56. No Windows Mobile SE Upgrades? No Big Deal 7/22/2004
Thanks to several third-party products, the lack of upgrades for current iPAQ and Axim models isn't such a big deal.
57. ASUS A730 Approved for Sale in the U.S. 7/22/2004
The FCC has given ASUS permission to release in the U.S. the MyPal A730. This Pocket PCs includes a VGA display, dual slots, a built-in came
58. StylusCentral Introduces Two Zire 72 Accessories 7/22/2004
StylusCentral.com is now offering a 3-in-1 stylus pen and an aluminum case for the palmOne Zire 72.
59. Upgrade an ASUS A716 to 128 MB of RAM 7/22/2004
Pocket PC Techs has developed a way to give the ASUS MyPal A716 Pocket PC 128 MB of RAM. The standard model has 64 MB of RAM.
60. iPAQs Venture to the North Pole 7/23/2004
A recent expedition took mobile technology to a place most handhelds fear to tread: the North Pole.
61. JAVOSkin Case Released for Treo 600 7/23/2004
JAVOedge has added a JAVOSkin form-fitting case for palmOne's Treo 600 smartphone to its product lineup.
62. Sony Ericsson P910 Gets FCC Approval 7/23/2004
The P910, a cellular-wireless handheld that uses Symbian's UIQ platform, can now legally be released in the U.S. It is expected to be availa
63. palmOne Posts New ROM Update for Tungsten C 7/23/2004
palmOne has released Tungsten C Update 3.0. Most of the changes are related to the device's Wi-Fi functionality.
64. Weekly Gaming Roundup 7/23/2004
Several games for Palm OS or Pocket PC handhelds have debuted this week, including Nine Hole Golf, Orbz, and more. In addition, Crimson Fire
65. Microsoft Mobile Group Reports Increased Revenues 7/23/2004
Revenues increased for the segment of Microsoft responsible for its handheld and smartphone operating systems during its most recent financi
66. Garmin Officially Unveils iQue 3200 7/23/2004
Garmin has announced the iQue 3200, a less-expensive version of its Palm OS handheld with a built-in GPS receiver.
67. New Accessories Coming from Pocket PC Techs 7/24/2004
Pocket PC Techs has updated two of its accessories: the Lil' Sync Pro and the WriteShield line of screen protectors.
Toshiba has now released U.S. versions of the upgrade to Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition for both of its most recent Pocket PCs.
69. An Overview of the HP iPAQ rz1715 7/26/2004
70. An Overview of the HP iPAQ rx3000 Series 7/26/2004
The three iPAQ rx3000 series models are high-end Pocket PCs with a focus on multimedia. They come with software that allows them to easily p
71. HP Unveils New iPAQ Pocket PCs 7/26/2004
HP has taken the wraps off no less than six new iPAQs at once, from the "no-frills" rz1715 to the "everything-but-the-kitchen-sink" hx4705.
72. An Overview of the HP iPAQ h6315 7/26/2004
The iPAQ h6315 will be the first HP handheld to offer built-in GSM/GPRS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth.
73. An Overview of the HP iPAQ hx4705 7/26/2004
The iPAQ hx4705 is the first handheld from HP ever to include a VGA display. It also has multiple kinds of wireless networking and dual memo
74. Sharp to Make Future Hiptop Devices 7/27/2004
Danger has announced an agreement that will finally allow it to focus most of its attention on writing the operating system and software for
75. iPAQ Users Start Windows Mobile SE Petitions 7/27/2004
People who are unhappy about HP's decision to forgo all Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition upgrades have found several ways to express their
76. MPx220 Officially Unveiled by Motorola... Again 7/27/2004
Motorola has officially announced the MPx220 for a second time. The new announcement indicates that this smartphone will possibly the first
77. Nokia N-Gage QD Launched in U.S. 7/27/2004
Although Nokia released the updated version of its gaming-oriented smartphone in much of the rest of the world back in May, it is only becom
78. Future Motorola Smartphones to Include iTunes 7/28/2004
Motorola and Apple have formed a partnership that will bring the iTunes music service to future Motorola smartphones.
79. Handhelds Used for Security at Democratic Convention 7/28/2004
Handhelds running PocketCop are being used in Boston as part of the security arrangements for this week's National Convention.
80. MPx and MPx220 Will Have BlackBerry Email Service 7/28/2004
Two Motorola cellular-wireless devices expected later this year will be able to use the BlackBerry email service.
81. Pocket Loox 700 Series Approved for Sale in U.S. 7/28/2004
Both models in Fujitsu-Siemens' upcoming Pocket Loox 700 series have received approval from the FCC.
82. Is your handheld your little black book? 7/28/2004
In the new movie Little Black Book, Stacy Holt (played by Brittany Murphy) delves into her boyfriend's handheld to learn about his past (or
83. SanDisk Wi-Fi + 256MB SD Card Review 7/28/2004
You have to love two for one specials, especially when it's wi-fi and memory storage all in the same tiny package.Â This July SanDisk Corpo
84. Sony Vaio U50 Review 7/28/2004
Sony's newest entry into their line of ultra-small PCs blurs the line between laptop and handheld computing, packing desktop processors and
85. Motorola May Be Cancelling the MPx100 7/28/2004
DigiTimes is reporting that Motorola has suspended their order for the MPx100 smartphone with Compal Communications. While this doesn't mean
86. Sony Ericsson Announces The P910 Smartphone 7/28/2004
Sony Ericsson has announced the P910, a progressive follow-up to their P900 smartphone. The P910 features a new thumb keyboard, improved scr
87. PDA and Tech Deals for 7/15/04 - 7/16/04 7/28/2004
OfficeDepot.com $20 Off Coupon Code Viking 512MB Secure Digital Card $99 - $25 Rebate = $7550% Off on Belkin Products at Belkin.com With Cou
First International Computer has received approval to sell a new Pocket PC in the US. It's unclear who's name it will be sold under, if it's
ROM update for Dell Axim X30 New Sony-Ericsson P910 pics Report: No WM2003 SE upgrades from Dell, HP Cross Matrix stylus price slashed E
90. CDW.com Spills the Beans on New iPAQ Units and Pricing 7/28/2004
Not that HP's new iPAQs were much of a secret, but CDW.com has committed the ultimate act of treason by publishing five of the new units to
Introducing the once Pocket PC 2002/Windows Mobile 2003 only, now Palm Zire71 enabled SD WiFi card from SanDisk. Sure, they told the PalmOS
92. BargainPDA.com Launches New Clearance Section 7/28/2004
We strive to bring our visitors not just news, reviews and editorials, but continuous updates on great deals! To aid in this effort, we’ve l
Microsoft last week announced that its new consumer targeted device, the Windows CE OS based Portable Media Center (PMC), will become availa
Thanks to Motorola's Swiss site, we now know that the Motorola MPx220 will be released in October at 848 Swiss Francs which converts to $694
HP considers reintroducing palmtop models Zire 21 memory loss issue Rumor: Toshiba to exit handheld market New Fujitsu Loox model for Asi
96. palmOne Trying to Be More Mac Friendly 7/28/2004
In an effort to help Mac users get more out of their palmOne PDAs, palmOne has announced a number of new resources in a new Mac area of thei
97. PDA and Tech Deals for 7/7/2004 - 7/8/2004 7/28/2004
Amazon.com $50 Gift Certificate Offer with Electronics Purchase over $250 Viking 512MB Secure Digital Card $99 - $25 Rebate = $75 Dell.com
Sierra Wireless has launched their first Smratphone, the Voq Professional Phone, on the KPN network. The Voq is powered by Microsoft's Smart
Possible Bluetooth headphones from Toshiba PocketPC overclocking app now supports 750 MHz SPOTStop.com giving away Suunto N3 SPOT watch
100. Mini PDA Form Factor to Dominate the Smartphone Landscape 7/28/2004
As PDAs start to take on phone properties and phones the opposite, it’s clear to many that the Smartphone will become the mobile phone and P
101. Weekend PDA and Tech Deals 7/3/04 - 7/5/04 7/28/2004
Dell Axim X30 624MHz Handheld $289 Amazon.com $50 Gift Certificate Offer with Electronics Purchase over $250Refurb HP iPaq 1935 $179.99Ref
102. Microsoft Smartphone 2006 Release Date 7/28/2004
msmobiles.com is reporting that they've obtained the release date of Microsoft's next phone operating system. While not officially referred
103. PDA and Tech Deals for 7/1/2004 - 7/2/2004 7/28/2004
Dell.com 10% Off Palm OS PDA Sale, and $30 Off $400 Coupon!Dell Home: 10% Off Digital Camera Deals and $30 off Last DayAmazon.com $22 Price
iBiz laser keyboard turns from vapor to smoke iPaq 4150 WiFi patch Sony PSP may miss planned launch
105. PDA News - Treo Watch, Nokia rumors, MDA III confirmed 7/28/2004
Treo Watch: Removal request may have come from Sprint Rumor: Nokia considering non-connected Series 60 PDA T-Mobile officially confirms MD
106. Motorola Finally Announces MPx220 (pics) 7/28/2004
The Motorola MPx220 has been rumored since before last Christmas. Well, finally Motorola has published some information to their website ab
The new HP iPaq model specs and pictures are fully revealed and to be available next week: HP iPaq rz1715 - $279.85 HP iPaq rx3415 - $399.
This week the Wireless Japan tech show is taking place in, well, Japan of course. Cool services and handheld products that you can't get in
109. Asus A730 Receives FCC Approval 7/28/2004
The FCC has given approval to Asus to sell their much anticipated A730 in the US. While this is fine news, an FCC approval generally comes w
110. PDA and Tech Deals for 7/22/2004 - 7/23/2004 7/28/2004
Dell 624 MHz Axim X30 Handheld + 256MB SD $301 After Rebate, Last DayDell.com $35 Off $400 Coupon expires Midnight Thursday (7/22/2004)Vikin
111. Garmin iQue 3200 Leaked by Amazon 7/28/2004
Garmin has told us they were pleased with the success of the Garmin iQue 3600. Amazon has now spilled the beans on the iQue 3200 and we're h
112. First Windows CE Virus, WinCE4.Dust, Released 7/28/2004
Anti Virus software for PDAs and other mobile devices started to show up last year, but most device owners were asking the same question, "A
113. PDA and Tech Deals for 7/20/2004 - 7/21/2004 7/28/2004
Amazon.com drops price on HP iPaq PDAs in anticipation of new iPaqs and gives away $50 Gift Card 1GB SanDisk Cruzer Mini $99.94 at Staples u
114. PDA News - MDA rumors, Verizon Treo, New GPS PocketPC 7/28/2004
Rumors of MDA 4 Verizon officially launches Treo 600 Compal to sell own brand PocketPCs; Toshiba out?
Verizon announces v710 Bluetooth phone available in August PalmOne giving away trip package, Zire 72s Report: iPaq hx4700 price increased
116. PDA and Tech Deals for 7/25/2004 - 7/26/2004 7/28/2004
Kingston 256MB Secure Digital Card $23 NEW Garmin iQue 3200 PDA/GPS Handheld System $429.99 and $50 Gift CertificateSanDisk 256MB Memory Sti
117. Garmin iQue 3200 Officially Announced 7/28/2004
A few days after Amazon slipped, letting out the news regarding the released of the Garmin iQue 3200, it's official. The iQue 3200 is expect
118. First Thoughts - HP iPaq rz1715 7/28/2004
We've gotten ahold of HP's new entry level PocketPC. After playing with it I have a few first thoughts, complete with pictures.
Six new HP iPaq models have been officially announced and some are available for pre-order from various web retailers. Following is an over
Motorola yesterday hosted a press event dubbed "Seamless Mobility". Motorola announced their new ultra-thin RAZR V3 clamshell phone, iTune
121. PDA and Tech Deals for 7/28/2004 - 7/30/2004 7/28/2004
New iPaq rz1715 Available from Amazon with Free Shipping + $50 Gift CertificatepalmOne Treo 600 $150 on AT&T NetworkBlackBerry 7230 $100 on
122. BSQUARE Leaving the Handheld Market 7/29/2004
BSQUARE Corporation has announced that it has ceased manufacturing its cellular-wireless Power Handheld.
123. iBIZ Virtual Keyboard Returns from the Grave 7/29/2004
After almost disappearing into a morass of lawsuits, the iBIZ Virtual Keyboard appears to be back on track for eventual release.
124. World Handheld Market Up 12 Percent Last Quarter 7/29/2004
The number of handhelds shipped worldwide increased substantially during the April-to-June quarter. This snaps a string of quarterly year-o
Asus said today that is has officially launched its new MyPal A730 Pocket PC in Taiwan, it's home country. Launch is kind of a relative wor
126. HP's End of Life Plans for Their Current iPAQ Models 7/29/2004
With all of the new iPAQ PDAs from HP rolling out over the next several weeks, buyers who are on the fence might want to know when the curre
127. palmOne's Share Price Continues to Climb 7/30/2004
PalmOne's share price has more than tripled in the last few months. This has been brought about by strong sales of the Treo 600 smart phone.
128. Weekly Gaming Roundup 7/30/2004
There are new games being tested at PDA Mill; Gagarin's Mission is a new Palm OS game; and more.
129. Rumor - Toshiba To Announce the e830 September 15th 7/31/2004
The FCC has given approval to Toshiba to sell the e830 Pocket PC in the US. The e830 will feature a VGA screen, with both Bluetooth and WiFi
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement