Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for July 2005. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2005 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
July 2005 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for July of 2005
Below are the 67 SmartPhone articles for July of 2005
1. Brighthand Reviews Quick News 7/1/2005
If you're a Palm OS user interested in listening to podcasts, there's only one name you need to know, no matter what type of handheld you ha
2. Brighthand Reviews FeederReader 7/1/2005
The best Pocket PC application Brighthand's staff was able to find for downloading podcasts is FeederReader.
3. How to Listen to Podcasts on a Handheld 7/1/2005
An iPod isn't necessary for listening to podcasts; there are applications that can download these online audio programs directly to a Palm o
4. Flashback - July at BargainPDA.com 7/1/2005
With little PDA related excitement coming into the holiday, we thought it might be fun to dust off the archives and bring you some of the ol
PalmOne gets a good report from The Motley Fool The Dell Axim X50v has won a Red Dot Product Design Excellence Award T-Mobile USA may be p
Opera Software has released a version of its web browser for smartphones running Windows Mobile 2003.
PicturePassword allows users to unlock their Pocket PC by tapping a picture at the points have been set as the password.
TrafficEdge, which is available for many different types of cellular-wireless devices, gives users access to real-time traffic information.
Nevada legalizes handheld gambling Opera web browser available for Windows Smartphone PalmSource puts all eggs in Linux basket
10. LG Electronics is the Next Palm OS Licensee 7/6/2005
Korean electronics super-manufacturer LG Electronics has signed up to license the Palm Operating System. Under the terms of the deal, LG has
11. palmOne Must Not Lose Its Focus Again 7/7/2005
It's very important that the biggest Palm OS licensee remember that it's in business to make handhelds and smartphones, and not be distract
12. LG Electronics Is the Latest Palm OS Licensee 7/7/2005
PalmSource has announced that its newest licensee is LG Electronics, and that this company will make smartphones that run the Palm OS.
13. Samsung i730 Available to the General Public 7/8/2005
Samsung's latest cellular-wireless Pocket PC is now on sale on the Verizon Wireless web site.
Fujitsu triples fuel cell density Extra-small Tablet PC by Motion Computing Qool Labs to introduce PocketPC phone
15. Weekend PDA and Tech Deals 7/8/2005
PalmOne Zire 31 for $90PalmOne Tungsten T5 for $278PalmOne Zire 21 $49.99Geeks.com: Belkin Bluetooth CompactFlash Type II PDA adapter $18App
Sprint activates EVDO network Man arrested for using open WiFi Editorial: PalmSource dead, platform next?
17. Release of Clio NXT and Cathena Pushed Back 7/10/2005
Data Evolution has announced that the release date for a pair of Windows CE devices has been moved back several months.
18. Astraware Offers Mythic Mosaic Magic with Pixelus 7/10/2005
Players of Pixelus must recreate mosaic floors by replacing missing tiles.
19. PDAs Help Clubbers be More Efficient 7/10/2005
Forget this garbage about PDAs helping doctors write perscriptions, organize professionals and handle other mundane productivity tasks. Now
20. Review - Chapura Pocket Mirror Pro for Windows Mobile 7/11/2005
Pocket Mirror has been a popular Outlook synchronization tool for some time on the PalmOS, but now it's become available on Windows Mobile d
21. Krome Spy Launched - World's Smallest Windows Mobile PDA 7/11/2005
Krome, an Australian company, has launched a new Windows Mobile PDA, dubbed Spy. Ruling out Smartphones, the Spy is the smallest PDA running
22. The Power Equation 7/12/2005
If a PDA dies in the forest, does anyone hear it? That is one of the questions that have been boggling the hearts of users everywhere of mob
Fujitsu claims flexible, low-power electronic paper ICANN approves ".mobi" domains Editorial: Palm OS just fine
24. DataViz Launches Palm OS Version of RoadSync 7/13/2005
DataViz has released a Palm OS version of RoadSync. This offers access to corporate Outlook e-mail, complete with attachments.
25. Spb Software House Releases Spb Finance 2.0 7/13/2005
Spb Software House has introduced a new version of its personal finance tracking application, Spb Finance 2.0.
26. Series 60 Version of Opera Browser Released 7/13/2005
Opera 8 for Series 60 is based on the same engine as the newly released versions for Windows, Linux, and Mac, and offers support for JavaScr
27. Treo 650 Continues Slow Worldwide Roll-Out 7/13/2005
Since it was first introduced last fall, the pace at which palmOne's latest smartphone had debuted in countries around the world has remaine
SD Association approves MicroSD, aka Transflash Microsoft debuts Global Contact Access Nexave reviews GSPDA Xplore M68 smartphone
Chapura, a long-time Palm OS developer, has released its first Outlook synchronization application for Windows Mobile users.
30. palmOne Is Once Again Palm, Inc. 7/14/2005
palmOne has officially changed its name to Palm, Inc. It has also unveiled a new logo, stock symbol, and headquarters.
Today marks the first day that Palm Inc., formerly palmOne Inc., which was formerly Palm Inc., is now Palm Inc. again and trades under PALM
A new version of FilePoint Exchange lets Pocket PC and Smartphone users wirelessly connect to a PC and browse its folders and mapped network
33. Garmin Announces Less Expensive GPS-Enabled Pocket PC 7/15/2005
Garmin will release later this month its second Pocket PC with a built-in GPS receiver. This will cost somewhat less than its predecessor.
34. TransFlash Transformed into microSD 7/15/2005
SanDisk's TransFlash memory card format has been officially adopted by the SD Card Association. As part of this, the format has been renamed
WiMax now undergoing certification testing Editorial: WiMax threatens monopolies PanAmSat promises WiMax via satellite
36. Microsoft Explains the Advantages of Persistent Storage 7/18/2005
A discussion on the advantages of Persistent Storage has been added to the Windows Mobile Team Blog. The advantages include a greatly incre
37. Palm Drops Prices on Three Handhelds 7/18/2005
Palm, Inc. has cut $50 from the price of two of its handhelds, and is offering a $50 rebate on one of its newest models.
38. Palm Cuts PDA Prices 7/18/2005
Palm has reduced pricing on several of their PDAs. The Tungsten T5 and Zire 72 have been cut by $50 to $349 and $249 respectively. The Tungs
Rumor: Autumn Treo to have Cobalt, WiFi, 64 MB Garmin debuts cheaper PocketPC Editorial: If I were Palm's CEO
40. Crazy Athletics 2 Review 7/19/2005
With the summer now in full swing, and reruns making sure that we spend every waking moment in a car towards another destination, BargainPDA
41. Enhance Your Pocket PC with Spb Pocket Plus 3.0 7/20/2005
Spb Software House is now offering Pocket Plus 3.0, a new version of this very popular application that addresses the shortcomings in Window
42. Another Day, Another Round of Treo Rumors 7/20/2005
Although Palm itself is keeping quiet about its plans for the next Treo, rumors are flying. Some of these might have a basis in fact, while
43. PDA and Tech Deals for 7/21/2005 - 7/24/2005 7/20/2005
Dell.com Coupon Codes valid on Axims and Other Electronics and AccessoriesPalm LifeDrive $418Palm Tungsten E2 $209Buy.com: palmOne Treo 650
44. Palm Releases Small ROM Update for Verizon Treo 650 7/21/2005
Palm, Inc. has released a system software update that makes a couple of improvements to Verizon Wireless' version of the Treo 650.
45. Sony Rumored to Be Developing New Ultra-Portable PC 7/21/2005
Sony is supposedly working on a tiny new laptop that will include a keyboard but will also be able to be used as a tablet.
PalmSource stock hits record low Verizon Treo update Turn Windows Smartphone into PC mouse
47. HP iPAQ hw6510 Now Available in U.S. 7/22/2005
eXpansys is now offering in the United States the latest cellular-wireless iPAQ, but it is doing so without HP's permission.
A court in the United Kingdom has forbidden eXpansys from importing and then selling non-European iPAQs in Europe.
49. PDAs Are Closing the Gap 7/22/2005
One of the things that I like best about the different PDA platforms is the arguments that each of the camps have about why their PDA is bet
HP to Expansys: No non-European iPaqs Rumor: Sprint to relaunch HTC Harrier with EVDO support MMCmicro: Yet another memory format
51. Analysts Say Nokia Might Drop Symbian OS 7/25/2005
A European market research and consulting firm says that Nokia might be considering dropping the Symbian OS in favor of Linux.
52. Motorola Q Announced (pictures) 7/25/2005
Rumors have been rampant about a Motorola Smartphone in the RAZR form factor designed to take on the Treo 650 and BlackBerry devices head on
53. Motorola Unveils Thin, Light Smartphone with Keyboard 7/26/2005
The Motorola Q is a Windows Mobile device clearly intended to take sales away from the Treo and BlackBerry.
54. Palm Fixes Memory Problem on Cingular Treo 650 7/26/2005
Palm has released a significant system software update for the Cingular Wireless version of the Treo 650. After this ROM update has been ins
55. PDA News - HTC Wizard, MiniSD WiFi, New Axim batteries 7/26/2005
Report: HTC Wizard to debut soon User tests Spectec MiniSD WiFi card Mugen prepping high-capacity slim battery for Axim X50 series
56. PDA and Tech Deals for 7/27/2005 - 7/30/2005 7/26/2005
Dell Home: Dell Axim X50v 624MHz + Bluetooth GPS $397 shippedDell Axim X50v 624MHz VGA Pocket PC $297Buy.com: palmOne Treo 650 PDA Phone (Ve
57. Pretec Announces 4 GB SD Card 7/27/2005
Pretec Electronics revealed today that it will soon begin offering an SD card that can hold 4 gigabytes (GB) of data.
SanDisk will give select employees in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Israel either a Treo 600 or Treo 650 running GoodLink so they ca
Update for Cingular Treo Photos of Motorola Q Windows Mobile revenue grows; still not profitable
60. Palm Releases Traffic for Treo Smartphones 7/27/2005
In the past the Treo was a perfect companion for traffic problems. That time was perfect for catching up on calls or neglected emails. But n
61. Tapwave is Done 7/27/2005
Tapwave has officially ended their business of selling PDAs. While the hardware always held a ton of promise, they could never figure out ho
62. Palm Helps Commuters with Traffic Info 7/28/2005
Traffic for Treo Smartphones is a new application that helps users make commuting decisions by giving them interactive maps and incident in
63. Tapwave Discontinues the Zodiac 7/28/2005
Tapwave has just announced that it has given up making and selling the Zodiac line of Palm OS handhelds.
64. Topkey 2.5 Released by PDAmill 7/28/2005
Topkey 2.5 is the latest version of this alternate input method for Pocket PCs.
65. Review - Chainpus BGP-100 Bluetooth Gamepad 7/28/2005
At first glance, the BGP-100 doesn't look like a gamepad so much as--well, at first, it doesn't really resemble anything at all. In its coll
Spb Software House has released an additional icon set and two new Tab plug-ins for its popular Pocket PC application Spb Pocket Plus.
Handheld sales: Palm even, HP down, Dell up Pretec shipping 4 GB SD card Pics, specs of HTC Wizard models
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement