Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for July 2006. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2006 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
July 2006 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for July of 2006
Below are the 57 SmartPhone articles for July of 2006
1. Survey: Phone Users Want Microsoft Office 7/2/2006
A recent research study has shown that people across all age groups consider Microsoft Office to be first among the features they want to ha
2. System Update for Nokia 770 Now Available 7/3/2006
Nokia has released a significant update for its Internet Tablet that bring support for Google's VoIP system.
3. Nokia Losing Interest in CDMA 7/3/2006
The world's largest phone maker has announced that it is essentially getting out of the business of making phones for CDMA cellular-wireless
Palm, Inc. admitted last week that the current version of the Treo 650 does not meet some new environmental rules, but its successor will be
5. BlackBerries to Become More Functional 7/4/2006
Research in Motion's Chairman has promised that, in the near future, BlackBerries will be released that offer functions well beyond the push
6. The Latest on the Samsung i770 7/5/2006
Some additional details have recently emerged on an upcoming Pocket PC clamshell phone from Samsung.
A Palm version of RIM's BlackBerry push email service is expected to debut in the U.S. in next few weeks.
8. Microsoft Updates ActiveSync 7/6/2006
Microsoft has posted ActiveSync 4.2 on its web site -- a new version of its synchronization software for the latest Windows Mobile devices.
9. Brighthand Kicks Off Black Tie Treo Contest 7/6/2006
Brighthand and Palm, Inc. are holding a short essay contest in which the prize is a Black Tie Treo 650.
10. Samsung Launching i320 Smartphone in Europe Soon 7/6/2006
Samsung will release a device very similar to the Motorola Q in Europe before the end of this month.
New Utility Removes the Screen Whine on Certain Palms RIM Announces Hosted BlackBerry Enterprise Server Handheld Device Reads Printe
12. Palm's LifeDrive May Be Out of Production * UPDATED * 7/10/2006
While a rumor indicates that Palm has stopped production of its LifeDrive Mobile Manager, it's possible that many people are jumping to the
13. Two Treo 700p Cases from Fortte Reviewed 7/10/2006
Mobile device expert Alan Grassia brings us this review of Fortte's Open Face Case with Swivel Clip and StiL Vertical Pouch with Fixed Clip,
14. Most Popular PDAs and Smartphones of June 2006 7/10/2006
Brighthand's monthly listing of the ten most popular handhelds and smartphones.
15. Palm LifeDrive Still in Production 7/10/2006
According to a statement from a Palm executive, there is no truth to the rumor that Palm has ended production of one of its high-end devices
16. Apple At Least Considering an iPod Phone 7/11/2006
Although not proof that Apple, Inc. is going to release a phone/iPod hybrid, there is some new evidence that this company is thinking along
17. A Small View of the State Of Mobile Computing 7/11/2006
A trip to his local library gives Antoine Wright some insight into the ways people are -- and aren't -- using mobile computing.
Vaja Releases Classic Case for Motorola Q LandWare Offers Updated Money Magazine Financial Assistant for Palm OS PocketPCTechs Now Repai
19. New Version of Symbian OS Announced 7/12/2006
Symbian Limited has just announced a new version of its very widely used operating system for smartphones.
What are supposed to be a picture and some specifications of a Treo smartphone that will debut in Europe this fall have appeared on several
21. Palm, Vodafone Pre-announce GSM Windows Mobile Treo 7/13/2006
It can't exactly be called an official announcement, but Palm and Vodafone have given the first indication that a Windows Mobile-based Treo
22. How to Get Push Email on an Older Pocket PC... Sort Of 7/14/2006
Step-by-step instructions on how to have email automatically delivered to a Windows Mobile 2003 handheld from an Exchange server using only
23. Fortte Glove Fit Leather Treo 650 Case Review 7/15/2006
Antoine Wright was sent a Treo 650 case by Fortte, a high style and quality case maker for mobile devices, and he gives his thoughts in this
Good Technology Announces International Distribution Agreements with Bell Mobility and Telstra NTT DoCoMo and Aquafairy Developing Tiny M
25. LifeDrive No Longer Shipping to Europe 7/17/2006
Because it doesn't comply with new rules regarding hazardous substances in electronic devices, Palm can no longer ship the LifeDrive Mobile
26. SanDisk 4 GB SDHC Card Coming Later this Month 7/17/2006
Before the end of July, SanDisk will release a memory card using the format that will eventually replace SD cards.
Free Version of CABviaActiveSync Released Sidekicks Can Erase Credit Cards JAVOLeatherCase for BlackBerry 8700c/8700g Now Available Kan
It's time the general public to submit their votes for the winner of a Black Tie Treo 650.
29. New UMPC Coming from Daewoo 7/19/2006
Daewoo Lucoms has announced its first Ultra Mobile PC. This will strongly resemble the other UMPCs that have already been introduced by othe
30. RIM and Apple Collaborating on an AppleBerry? 7/19/2006
RIM has been very up-front about its plans to add multimedia features to its BlackBerry line. What this company isn't talking about, though,
Mark/Space has just released an update to its popular synchronization software for Mac OS X that adds support for Pocket PCs and smartphones
32. Vodafone Adds Upcoming Treo Smartphone to Its Site 7/20/2006
Almost a week after revealing plans to release a Windows Mobile Treo later this year, Vodafone has added a page devoted to this smartphone t
Sony Ericsson Handhelds Getting Remote ActiveSync Functionality from DataViz Berlitz Compact German-English Dictionary Released for Windo
34. RIM Blackberry 8700 Review 7/20/2006
Research In Motion's Blackberry email devices are enjoying quite the boom these days, on par with Palm's Treo smartphones. Brighthand's chie
35. High-Level Apple Executive Hints at iPod/Phone Combo 7/21/2006
Apple's Chief Financial Officer has said something that makes it clear that his company is definitely interested in getting more involved th
36. Palm Commits to Adding Wi-Fi to Future Treos 7/21/2006
Palm's CEO has just announced that Wi-Fi to short-range wireless networking will be built into upcoming Treo models.
37. Does the Cost of Mobility Add Up? 7/21/2006
In this editorial, Antoine Wright considers whether the advantages of having a cellular-wireless device or smartphone outweigh the disadvant
Expect Faster Data Transfers from Verizon's EV-DO Service New RhinoSkin Cases Released for Treo 650 and 700 Voting in Brighthand's Black
39. It Costs Surprisingly Little to Make a Motorola Q 7/22/2006
Despite its low price, it costs Motorola so little to make its latest smartphone that even at $200 there's room for profit.
40. Lindsay Lohan's BlackBerry Gets Hacked *Updated* 7/23/2006
The tabloids are buzzing with the news that someone recently got their hands on the password for Lindsay Lohan's BlackBerry and began sendin
41. Make Free International Phone Calls with a Nokia 770 7/24/2006
SIPphone has released a version of Gizmo Project for the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet that allows this device to make free telephone calls.
42. Would You Buy a $300,000 Windows Mobile Smartphone? 7/24/2006
A European company is soon going to be offering a truly bleeding-edge, luxury smartphone... with a price tag to match.
43. Nokia Now Shipping Two New Consumer-Oriented Smartphones 7/24/2006
Nokia has begun shipping two new smartphones in its consumer-targeted N series: the N93 and N73.
44. Winner Picked in Brighthand's Black Tie Treo 650 Contest 7/25/2006
A contest sponsored by Brighthand and Palm, Inc. has come to an end, and the winner of a new special edition Treo 650 has been picked.
Mobile High Speed For Palm OS Devices Updated New Version of Pocket Internet Explorer Plug-In MultiIE Introduced Documents To Go Release
There are still two more Treo smartphones coming before the end of this year, and, not surprisingly, rumors about these models are coming fa
47. Worldwide Shipments of Smartphones Up Significantly 7/26/2006
The number of converged devices shipped worldwide rose 73 percent last quarter, according to market research company Canalys.
48. PalmSource Developer Day Announced 7/27/2006
Although it won't hold a full developer's conference this year, PalmSource is planning to have a mini-conference for developers next month.
49. Sony Vaio UX180P Micro PC Review 7/27/2006
The Sony UX180P is the latest in the string of UMPC releases, or as Sony calls it, the Micro PC. Is the $1800 price tag justified though? Br
Google Maps Extends Real-Time Traffic and Other Features to Mobile Phones HTC Wiki Launched Piel Frama Leather Case for Motorola Q Palm
Microsoft has demonstrated a prototype of an operating system it is creating to run on very inexpensive computers for third-world countries.
In his latest editorial, Antoine Wright discusses the real failing in handhelds and smartphones.
The failure of PalmSource and Access to meet contract obligations may result in the termination of Palm Inc's involvement in the development
54. BugMe Notepad Review 7/30/2006
Antoine Wright, in an attempt to save himself from drowning under a heap of Post-It Notes, checks out a classic application for taking hand-
Vegas Plans Mobile Gambling Trials Handheld Computing Magazine Ends Publication Plantronics Releases New Headsets Palm Appoints Bill Co
56. SanDisk Introduces 2 GB microSD Card 7/31/2006
To address the needs of those who want to store a great many songs on their smartphones, SanDisk is introducing a 2 GB card that uses one of
57. Possibly Some Real Evidence of the Apple iPhone 7/31/2006
Some new evidence has emerged to back up the rumors that Apple, Inc. is gearing up to introduce some kind of iPod/phone combination.
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement