Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for August 2007. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2007 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
August 2007 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for August of 2007
Below are the 82 SmartPhone articles for August of 2007
Apple has released the first system software update for the iPhone. This takes care of a number of security problems and bugs.
According to separate reports, both the GSM and CDMA versions of the long-awaited replacement for the Motorola Q might be released in the ve
3. Samsung i760 May Finally Be Nearing Release 8/1/2007
In January of this year, Samsung first began showing off the i760, a slim Windows Mobile smartphone. Nearly half a year later, there's good
4. Most Popular Smartphones and PDAs of July 2007 8/1/2007
Each month, Brighthand publishes a list of the handhelds and smartphones that readers have shown the most interest in during the preceding f
Verizon Wireless has been expected to release a replacement for the XV6700 for some time. If a new report is correct, this new device will d
RIM recently took the wraps off the first BlackBerry smartphone with integrated Wi-Fi, but so far this device is not available. According to
7. Sprint HTC Mogul PPC-6800 Review 8/2/2007
Brighthand's Adama Brown takes a look at the HTC Mogul PPC-6800, now available from Sprint. This device offers a number of high-end features
8. PDA and Smartphone Deals - 8/3/07 8/3/2007
Free BlackBerry Pearl, Hack around on a Nokia 770 Internet Tablet for $144, Samsung BlackJack free after rebate, Refurbished BlackBerry
9. Documents To Go Gets Windows Vista Support 8/3/2007
Thanks to a new version of the Palm Desktop, those with the Documents To Go suite of applications can now synchronize their Microsoft Office
10. Google May Be Prepping Smartphone with Free Service 8/3/2007
Google is reportedly in the process of developing a phone that can make voice calls and access the Web without requiring the user to pay a m
11. Treo 750 Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade Imminent 8/3/2007
Palm, Inc. is apparently set to release an operating system upgrade for the Treo 750 in the next few days.
12. Windows Mobile 6 Support Added to The Missing Sync 8/4/2007
Mark/Space has introduced a new version of The Missing Sync that is the first Mac OS X synchronization software to support devices running W
13. Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade Released for HTC TyTN 8/5/2007
HTC has introduced an operating system upgrade for the TyTN that will bring this smartphone up to the latest version of Windows Mobile.
Email use on portable devices has nearly doubled in the last few years, and people are sending and receiving email virtually everywhere they
15. More Pictures of the Palm Gandolf Emerge 8/5/2007
Earlier this summer, the first reports began to surface of what is supposed to be Palm, Inc.'s next Treo. Now, what appear to be several new
16. BlackBerry Pearl 2 May Be Coming Next Month 8/6/2007
Recent rumors indicate that the followup to the BlackBerry Pearl will be launched in both Europe and the United States in September.
17. Apple Could Add More Gesture Controls to the iPhone 8/6/2007
Apple has filed for a patent that describes a new feature it might add to the iPhone. This describes a method that would make it easier for
18. U.S. Trade Rep Says Ban on Qualcomm's 3G Chips Stays 8/7/2007
The U.S. Trade Representative announced yesterday that she is upholding an earlier decision that prevents any phone that uses Qualcomm 3G ch
Bejeweled Now Available Free for the iPhone Stay Connected to Outlook Calendar or Contacts Folders with Chapura FolderMirror Learn Manda
20. Palm Foleo Will Offer Remote Desktop Control 8/7/2007
LogMeIn has just announced that it will bring remote PC access capabilities to the Palm Foleo, helping to close the gap between this upcomin
21. AT&T Drops the Price of the Nokia N75 8/7/2007
AT&T has reduced the price it is charging for the Nokia N75, an S60 smartphone with 3G, a clamshell design, and an emphasis on multimedia.
Although Palm is releasing an operating system upgrade for the Treo 750 to some users of this smartphone, worldwide availability won't happe
23. Palm Making Behind-the-Scene Changes to the Foleo 8/8/2007
Palm, Inc. has announced that it will be working with Wind River to improve the version of the Linux operating system that is at the heart o
In his latest editorial, Antoine Wright wonders whether the most recent crop of smartphones and handhelds are really giving us what we need.
25. Companies Rushing to Release iPhone Accessories 8/9/2007
Apple's iPhone is selling well, and quite a few companies have jumped on the bandwagon to offer accessories, including cases, charging solut
If an unconfirmed report is correct, Nokia will soon release a version of the N95 with support for the frequencies U.S. users need to access
27. Palm Releases New Information on the Foleo 8/9/2007
Palm, Inc. is currently demonstrating the Foleo to developers at the LinuxWorld conference, and as part of this process has officially revea
28. T-Mobile Wing Review 8/9/2007
The T-Mobile Wing is a Pocket PC phone with Wi-Fi and a slide-out keyboard. Ed Hardy brings us a review of this high-end device loaded with
29. Palm Foleo Not Coming Until September? 8/10/2007
Although Palm isn't willing to be specific about when the Foleo debut, a new report indicates that this device won't debut until next month.
30. Nokia N800 with WiMax in Development 8/10/2007
Sprint reportedly plans to release next year a version of the Nokia N800 Internet Tablet with the 4G cellular-wireless networking standard M
According to an unconfirmed report, along other improvements, one version of the next-generation BlackBerry Pearl will get Wi-Fi, and anothe
32. Palm Removes Treo Updates from Web Site 8/11/2007
The on again, off again Treo 700p firmware update for Verizon Wireless customers has been removed from the Palm Support web site. It has als
33. HTC Kaiser May Be Released by AT&T as the Tilt 8/13/2007
A new report indicates that AT&T is getting close to releasing a new high-end Windows Mobile smartphone that will replace the popular 8525.
34. HTC Shift Will Run Windows Mobile and Windows Vista 8/13/2007
Early this year, HTC announced plans to release its first UMPC running Windows Vista. A new report confirms that this model -- to be called
35. Access Gives an Overview of ALP's User Interface 8/13/2007
Access Systems has launched a new web site devoted to ALP -- its upcoming Linux-based operating system for handhelds and smartphones. This i
36. Fujitsu LifeBook U810 First Thoughts 8/14/2007
The Fujitsu LifeBook U810 is an upcoming UMPC that has attracted a great deal of attention for its very small size and ability to function i
37. FCC Gives a Sneak Peek at the HTC Iris 8/14/2007
Thanks to the Federal Communications Commission, it seems likely that a new smartphone from HTC will soon launch on either Sprint or Verizo
Early this summer, RIM introduced the BlackBerry Curve. Now there's word that an enhanced version of this smartphone might debut from T-Mobi
39. Fujitsu-Siemens Dropping the Pocket Loox Line 8/15/2007
Because of strong competition from smartphones, Fujitsu-Siemens has decided to stop offering new Windows Mobile devices.
Adobe Reader LE 2.5 Brings Enhanced PDF Support to S60 Smartphones iambic Now Offering YourCall 2.0 Updated Version of Astraware Sudoku
People in the market for a high-end smartphone might be relieved to know that a ban on importing 3G devices with Qualcomm chips only affects
42. How Would You Design Palm's Next Handheld? 8/15/2007
In this editorial, Ed Hardy challenges the Brighthand community to come up with suggested designs for Palm's next handheld.
The Pharos GPS Phone 600 and 600e are two Windows Mobile devices available to T-Mobile subscribers who are looking for a GPS-enabled smartph
Despite what a recent report says, i-mate will will release all of its much anticipated Ultimate line of Windows Mobile phones.
45. Verizon May Be Getting a Version of the HTC Vox 8/16/2007
According to an unconfirmed report, this fall Verizon Wireless will launch a Windows Mobile 6 Standard smartphone with a built-in sliding ke
46. Treo 755p Might Not Come to Verizon Until Late Fall 8/16/2007
Even since Sprint began offering the Treo 755p back in May, Verizon customers have been wondering when they would get a crack at this smartp
47. Palm Pre-Announces the Centro Smartphone 8/16/2007
Palm has just given the world its first official glimpse of the Centro, a smartphone it will release in the near future.
48. Sprint Reveals More Details on Its WiMax Service 8/17/2007
The day when Sprint will launch its Mobile WiMax service is drawing closer, and this carrier has recently announced more details on its plan
Pocket WiFi Radar Introduced by Makayama for Windows Mobile Devices wmRingToneMaker by Gx5 Released Papyrus for Symbian Updated to Versi
Sprint's roster of upcoming devices contains a model code-named the HTC Vogue, a smartphone that -- like its sister model the Touch -- invit
51. Motorola Q9m Expected Later this Week 8/20/2007
There has not yet been an official announcement, but the successor to the Motorola Q is expected to debut on Wednesday from Verizon Wireless
Apple has tried to greatly limit the types of third-party software that can be installed on its iPhone, but those who aren't satisfied with
53. Nokia Introduces Mail for Exchange 2.0 8/20/2007
Nokia's popular Mail for Exchange application, which offers connectivity to Microsoft Exchange servers to some of its Symbian OS/S60 devices
54. Palm Centro Coming in October; Treo 800w Delayed? 8/20/2007
A new report claims to have the dates that two upcoming smartphones from Palm, Inc. will be released by Sprint.
55. Nokia's 8 GB N95 Getting Closer 8/21/2007
The first official confirmation of Nokia's plan to release an upgraded version of its N95 Multimedia Smartphone has emerged.
56. AT&T Might Be Sneaking BlackBerry 8820 Out 8/21/2007
A new report indicates that RIM's first smartphone with Wi-Fi has begun to arrive at AT&T warehouses, but that doesn't mean this device will
57. Asus Eee PC Price Hike, Limited Launch Next Month 8/22/2007
Asus will reportedly begin selling a small, Linux-based laptop next month, but it won't be quite as inexpensive as first advertised.
58. Apple Introduces Second iPhone Software Update 8/22/2007
A second system software update has been released for Apple's smartphone. This is apparently a simple "bug fix" update, without any new feat
59. Verizon Launches the Motorola Q music 9m 8/22/2007
As expected, the successor to the Motorola Q has just been released Verizon Wireless. This smartphone includes a number of improvements over
60. The Case For Separation 8/22/2007
Is there any reason why a person who uses a smartphone can't also use a handheld? Not according to Adama Brown.
Three carriers in Europe are reportedly close to announcing deals with Apple to offer the iPhone. What they're unlikely to brag about is wha
62. Foleo May Be Delayed Until Mid-Fall 8/23/2007
It now appears likely that, because of software problems, the release for Palm, Inc.'s upcoming Foleo Mobile Companion will come several wee
63. Palm May Release Linux-Based Smartphone in October 8/23/2007
Palm could much closer to launching a smartphone that runs the operating system being called "Palm OS II" than had been previously thought,
64. Apple iPhone Now Available for $400 8/24/2007
The Apple iPhone is now available for $400, well below the regular selling price. There's a catch, of course: this is the price for a refurb
The FCC has set the date it will hold a closely watched auction for a soon to be available portion of the wireless spectrum, and Google's CE
66. JAVOedge Cradle for the Treo 680/750 Review 8/25/2007
Most Treos don't come with a cradle, but JAVOedge makes one that is small enough to be usable at home or on the go. Antoine Wright brings us
67. New Picture of the Palm Centro Leaked 8/25/2007
An image that will likely be used to market the upcoming Palm Centro has appeared on the Web.
Joey is a Firefox extension that can take snippets of a web page from the desktop and make the text or media available in a mobile friendly
69. Toshiba Prepping 32 GB SDHC Card, 8 GB microSDHC Card 8/26/2007
Toshiba has announced plans to release some very small memory cards with some very high capacities.
70. gPhone Release Almost Here? 8/27/2007
There have been rumors for many months that Google is going to release a mobile phone. If a new report is correct, this is going to happen m
71. Palm Denies Report of Foleo Delay 8/27/2007
Palm, has categorically denied a report that said that the Foleo Mobile Companion will be released several weeks after what was first promis
Jaiku Releases Second Beta of Mobile Social Networking Application Spb Business Pack Offers Features Windows Mobile Business Users Need
73. HTC Kaiser Launching as TyTN II 8/28/2007
Wireless carriers in Europe will soon begin offering the HTC TyTN II, a new high-end Windows Mobile phone.The unlocked version of this devic
74. Carriers Know What's Best 8/28/2007
Wireless carriers seem intent on controlling everything about their customers' mobile phone experience. But in his latest editorial, Antoine
75. Nokia Intellisync Boosts Device Management 8/29/2007
Nokia has released updates to its device management portfolio that stem from its 2005 acquisition of Intellisync.
76. iGo Stowaway Bluetooth Keyboard Review 8/29/2007
For many, a smartphone or handheld is he center of a mobile office. Ed Hardy says a lot of these people could benefit from an iGo Stowaway B
77. Windows Mobile 6 Upgrade for Treo 750 Debuts in Europe 8/29/2007
Palm, Inc. has just released an operating system upgrade for Vodafone's version of the Treo 750. A U.S. launch is expected in the near futur
78. N. American Version of Nokia N95 Coming Next Month 8/30/2007
Nokia has announced plans to release a version of the N95 with support for the frequencies U.S. users need to access 3G cellular-wireless ne
79. A Primer On The Coming FCC Auction 8/30/2007
Many people are aware of the upcoming auction of radio "spectrum" to be held by the FCC. What these people might not know is why this is goi
80. Nokia Re-Launching N-Gage Gaming Service 8/31/2007
Nokia has announced a new online service called Ovi that will allow users to download both games and music to their smartphones. This will b
81. HTC Shift Almost Here? 8/31/2007
One of HTC's top executives says his company will release a highly anticipated UMPC early next month..
82. You Say Potato, I Say Wireless Potato 8/31/2007
In his latest editorial, Adama Brown takes on the debate of what makes a smartphone a smartphone, instead of a wireless handheld.
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement