Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for September 2001. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2001 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
September 2001 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for September of 2001
Below are the 68 SmartPhone articles for September of 2001
1. Does size really matter? 9/1/2001
When Jeff Hawkins began his quest to develop the first commercially successful PDA--one that millions of people would use to help manage the
2. International Mobile Gaming with the Palm OS 9/1/2001
GIC-Software, a Los Gatos, CA based entertainment software development company, announced Wednesday a new game system for devices running th
3. Palm's first new handheld with built-in wireless 9/2/2001
The Palm i705 will be Palm's first new handheld with built-in wireless functionality since it released the Palm VII in 1999. Palm has not co
4. BlackBerry maker RIM cultivates focus 9/4/2001
When asked to discuss his management mistakes--and what he learned from them--Jim Balsillie, co-CEO of wireless highflier Research In Motio
5. HP, Compaq to Merge in $25 Billion Deal 9/4/2001
Sending shockwaves throughout the computing industry, Hewlett-Packard and Compaq Computer announced late Monday plans to merge in a deal val
6. Palm preps successor to m505 9/4/2001
Palm is upgrading its m505 PDA and will announce its succesor next March at CeBit, if the latest whisperings about the company's product pla
7. New PDAs promise big changes 9/4/2001
If you've been considering buying a new personal digital assistant (PDA) or wireless phone — either for the first time or as an upgrade — yo
8. Microsoft puts the boot into Palm 9/4/2001
Hot on the heels of cautious statements and radical restructuring at Palm, Microsoft has leaked its plans for an all out assault on the PDA
Congratulations to Alan Budden of Bristol, UK and Jongbok Kim of Seoul, South Korea for winning last months bargainPDA.com contest!
10. Steve, Don't Give Palm a Hand 9/5/2001
The last thing Apple needs right now is a foray into the ruthlessly competitive handheld market. That would be like sticking your face under
11. HP and Compaq: iPAQ spells end of Jornada 9/6/2001
Compaq's handheld computer will oust HP's weak equivalent during the merger of the two companies, according to Simon Nelson, head of wireles
12. Pocket PC Upgrade Brings Handhelds Into Their Own 9/6/2001
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. (Nasdaq:MSFT - news) will launch a new Pocket PC operating system on Thursday in a bid to vault into th
13. "Merlin" charms its way into HP handhelds 9/6/2001
Hewlett-Packard looks to cast a deeper spell on the corporate handheld market with new devices that incorporate Microsoft's Pocket PC 2002 o
New Package Offers Shinei MP3 Player, Palm Co-branded Liquid Player Plus Software and Song-download Website -- Everything Needed for Mus
15. Pocket PC Upgrade Brings Handhelds Into Their Own 9/6/2001
Microsoft Corp. launched a new Pocket PC operating system on Thursday in a bid to vault into the top spot in the handheld computing market a
16. HP Unveils Handheld with Upgraded Chip, Software 9/6/2001
LA JOLLA, Calif. (Reuters) - Hewlett-Packard Co. unveiled a handheld 'computer on Thursday featuring a combination of Intel components and M
17. Amazon Drops Price on m500 to $314.99 9/6/2001
Amazon.com is running an amazing deal on the Palm m500 right now, the price has been dropped to $329.99, use a $15 coupon (code AMZNAMEXBMVD
18. Palm quietly cuts price of m500 9/7/2001
Palm quietly cuts price of m500 By Ian Fried Staff Writer, CNET News.com September 6, 2001, 6:50 p.m. PT Amid a weak mark
19. CyberBoy: The Multitalented Handheld 9/8/2001
Pack a personal digital assistant, a digital camera, an MP3 player, an FM radio, and a voice recorder into one device, and you get CMC Magne
20. Black-and-white PDAs lose their luster 9/9/2001
Buyers willing to spend a wad of greenbacks on a handheld are increasingly opting for color models--pushing monochrome devices to the low-en
Compaq today announced a free* upgrade to Pocket PC 2002, the newest handheld PC software from Microsoft, for Compaq’s award-winning iPAQ Po
22. New Clie in the US as early as Setpember 17th! 9/10/2001
The PEG-N760C could be announced as early as 17 September in the US, with features such as MP3 and ATRAC3 playback, and an upgraded Palm OS
23. More confirmation: Palm m125 release upcoming! 9/11/2001
Dell appears to have announced Palm's upcoming m125 PDA before Palm itself has had a chance to do so.
Motorola Inc. is poised to launch a product that could deal a deadly blow to Research In Motion Ltd.’s position as the sole maker of an alwa
25. HP to bring printing to BlackBerry 9/11/2001
Research In Motion and Hewlett-Packard on Tuesday plan to demonstrate software that will let RIM BlackBerry users print files to any printer
26. Seiko claims handheld accessory will improve PDAs 9/12/2001
Seiko has unveiled a new gadget that can transfer scribbled notes and drawings on to personal digital assistants. The SmartPad is an elec
27. Free leather case offer from Handspring about to expire 9/12/2001
You only have a few more days to grab a FREE leather case with the purchase of a Visor Platinum handheld or a Visor Deluxe handheld.
28. Palm m125 shipping this week 9/13/2001
My Palm "leak" has informed me that the m125 was sent to distribution today. In addition, the official launch is slated for October 4th.
29. bargainPDA.com Sept./Oct. Contest! 9/13/2001
bargainPDA.com is running another contest, this time we want to give away the upcoming Palm m125.
30. Next-gen iPAQ is wild thing! 9/13/2001
That's right, get your drool bucket out: Compaq's says its new iPAQ is capable of browsing the net, managing e-mail wirelessly, and has full
31. New Handspring model doubles memory 9/14/2001
Handspring plans on Monday to announce two new handhelds, one of which features 16MB of built-in memory--a first for a device using the Palm
32. New Amazon.com Coupons 9/14/2001
Amazon is running a special on the HP 548 and Palm Vx!
Microsoft's data-enabled phone, called Stinger in the early stages of development, will now be known as the Microsoft SmartPhone. A beta bui
34. Affordable new Visors in sight 9/16/2001
Handspring is set to introduce two new midrange handhelds. But analysts say it's a crowded segment of the market that's increasingly losing
35. New Visors Released! 9/17/2001
Visit Handspring.com now to see the new Visor handhelds that premier today, Monday September 17!
36. Guide to buying a color PDA 9/18/2001
A color PDA is just like a color TV. Once you look at the colorful world on your screen, you'll never want to go back to the drab universe o
37. Compaq denies new wireless PDA's 9/18/2001
Remember the wireless iPAQ that was supposed to be launched at Gitex? Compaq now says no new products will be shown at Gitex at all, so it s
38. Conflicting reports: Compaq readies release of new iPaq 9/18/2001
Compaq Computer will announce Oct. 4 that it will begin shipping two new iPaq handhelds using the new version of Microsoft's Pocket PC softw
39. Viking 128 MB Flash for $55 9/18/2001
Amazon has the Viking name brand 128MB Compactflash memory for $89.99 - $10 coupon - $25 rebate = $54.99.
40. Sony updates Clie handheld 9/18/2001
Sony on Tuesday announced a new Clie handheld computer and an add-on digital audio player.
41. Vendor Offers PDA Security, Memory Tools 9/19/2001
With better performance and security for wireless devices at the top of many peoples' wish lists these days, software maker DATA BECKER Corp
42. Early peek at the new iPAQ Specs! 9/19/2001
We've been able to garner a few pieces of info on the latest offerings from Compaq. The plan is to release two new units, the H3700 and H380
43. New iPaqs to support Pocket PC software 9/19/2001
Compaq's devices will take advantage of the momentum the new version of Microsoft's PocketPC software is gaining in the corporate market for
44. Palm m525 to boast built-in Bluetooth 9/20/2001
Palm's follow-up to its m505 PDA, the m525, will connect to the outside world through a Bluetooth wireless link.
45. Palm releases the new m125! 9/20/2001
Investors will get a chance to see whether Palm is on more solid footing when the company releases a new handheld and its latest quarterly e
46. Palm Unveils m125 Hand-Held Aimed at Young 9/21/2001
Cook said Palm's new hand-held computer is intended to capitalize on an audience of younger, first-time buyers that perhaps are looking to u
47. Sanyo Readies 3G Video for PDAs 9/21/2001
'We see PDAs as a natural step in the evolution of video applications. Wireless video will first be implemented in PDAs before it can be uti
48. New Visors Have Buyers Hunting High and Low 9/21/2001
Handspring has done something about the confusing array of hand-held computers on the market: they've added to it.
49. A Screen That Thwarts Those Prying Eyes 9/21/2001
Say you're on an airplane, and you don't want those Nosy Parkers around you to see that important e-mail message you're reading on your hand
50. Analysts trounce Palm for wireless delay 9/21/2001
Although analysts were dismayed Thursday to see Palm cut its sales forecast for the current quarter, some were more alarmed that the company
51. Sony unveils new handheld at Live 2001 9/22/2001
Sony has unveiled a new handheld computer at the Live 2001 consumer electronic fair in Birmingham. Its new Clie PEG-N770C promises enhanc
52. New Visors Add Memory and Colorful Cases 9/23/2001
Handspring has refreshed its popular Visor line with two new models, including the first personal digital assistant based on the Palm operat
53. Branch Banking Coming Soon to a PDA Near You 9/24/2001
Ever wondered what it would be like to have a bank in your hand?
54. Palm's wireless i705 inches closer to release 9/24/2001
Palm is inching closer to releasing its long-promised, next-generation integrated wireless PDA.
55. Adobe Acrobat Does New Tricks with PDAs 9/24/2001
Acrobat Reader, a recognized industry standard for transferring Web content to desktop PCs and other Internet-enabled devices, is now availa
56. Handspring licenses microbrowser to Sprint 9/24/2001
Handspring announced Monday that it has struck a deal with wireless carrier Sprint PCS to license the handheld device maker's Web microbrows
57. Get 'Smarter' get yourself a SmarterCase 9/24/2001
The first accessory every PDA buyer should consider purchasing is a nice hard case for their device. I can’t imagine spending upwards of $50
58. Intel, Red-M Play Cupid for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi 9/25/2001
Intel (Nasdaq: INTC - news) dug into its pockets and pulled out some cash for wireless networking company Red-M.
59. Panasonic gets tough with handhelds 9/26/2001
Panasonic is extending the concept of rugged computing to handhelds.
60. 1000 Handspring Deluxe's, only $119 each! 9/26/2001
Unique Opportunity—Act Fast! Handspring.com has a supply of 1000 reconditioned Visor Deluxe handhelds in green, orange, and ice. They're s
61. Palm Introduces 'Powered Up Awards' 9/26/2001
Palm, Inc., provider of handheld computers, today announced the Powered Up Awards program.
62. Intel unveils new flash memory chip 9/27/2001
Continuing its wireless push, Intel on Wednesday showed off a chip that promises to reduce the time it takes to get information from cell ph
63. Commentary: Handspring's big decision 9/27/2001
As Handspring targets big business, its big dilemma is whether to stick exclusively with the Palm platform.
64. Handspring stepping into corporate market 9/27/2001
Handspring is known for making colorful handhelds for consumers, but the company has been quietly gearing up for an attack on the corporate
65. Silicon Insights: Palm Vs. Microsoft 9/28/2001
Consumers could be ultimate winners in the PDA war between Palm and Microsoft.
66. Midway plays arcade games on Palm 9/28/2001
Palm OS handheld users can now turn their PDAs into gaming machines with the release of a suite of classic arcade games for the platform.
67. Sega Brews Wireless Game Plans 9/29/2001
Those who dabble in the wireless space know there is a huge market for games: not for boring Pong-like games stuck in two dimensions, but fo
68. Good challenges RIM's BlackBerry 9/30/2001
Good Technology is counting on solid industry connections to pay off as it looks to take on Research In Motion and its BlackBerry device in
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement