Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for September 2005. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2005 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
September 2005 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for September of 2005
Below are the 129 SmartPhone articles for September of 2005
1. What Does Apple Have Planned for Sept. 7? 9/1/2005
The technology world is abuzz with speculation after Apple invited a group of journalists to a press event next week.
HP is now giving away Windows Mobile 5.0 upgrades to those who purchase a new iPAQ hx2000 series model.
User purports photos of Axim X51v Leaked pics, specs of SE P950 i-mate offers HTC Universal
4. Wireless Networking Will Change Your Life 9/2/2005
In this editorial, Brighthand's Ed Hardy talks about how all our lives will be different once we have a high-speed connection to the Interne
6. MASTER KICK for Palm OS Devices Released 9/2/2005
MASTER KICK is a new Palm OS game that simulates playing table soccer.
7. Philips Readius - Handheld with Rollable Screen 9/2/2005
Philips has produced a concept design handheld with a rollable screen. Dubbed Readius, the design brings to the table a large lightweight di
8. Buy an Apple Newton, Help Hurricane Victims 9/4/2005
An eBay seller is offering five Apple Newton MP2100 PDAs. The near mint units are being sold to benefit those affected by Hurricane Katrina.
9. Nokia 770 Gets FCC Approval 9/5/2005
The FCC has given Nokia permission to release in the U.S. this company's first Internet Tablet.
10. Orneta to Restart Windows Mobile Development 9/5/2005
The assets of Orneta, a developer of software for Windows Mobile based Smartphones and Pocket PC's, have been acquired by a U.S. firm for an
11. HTC To Emphasize Music, Drop Infrared 9/5/2005
One of the biggest smartphone makers in the world plans to make its future devices better music players. At the same time, HTC is going to p
HP promises new buyers free OS upgrade 100 megabit mobile broadband--in Japan Motorola to produce mobile WiMax hardware
13. HTC Wizard Will Have Bluetooth 2.0 9/6/2005
An upcoming cellular-wireless Pocket PC will be one of the first mobile devices of any kind to have Bluetooth 2.0.
14. Hitachi Now Shipping 8 GB Microdrive 9/6/2005
Hitachi Global Storage Technologies has announced that it has started shipping its first 6 GB and 8 GB microdrives.
15. Samsung SCH-i730 Review 9/6/2005
Samsung's SCH-i730 is Samsung's current entry into the PDA/Phone category. What sets this model apart from its Windows Mobile/Palm competit
Minimo developers issue roadmap T-Mobile offers EDGE data nationwide Bluetooth 2.0 makes mobile debut on HTC Wizard
Astraware has released a Palm OS version of the popular game Sudoku, as well as a web site where new puzzles can be downloaded for free.
18. Find Your Way Around Europe with iDrive Navigator 9/7/2005
iDrive Navigator turns a Pocket PC into an on-board navigation device. It features turn-by-turn guidance, detailed maps, thousands of POIs,
19. Order a Pizza, Get a Free BlackBerry Smartphone 9/7/2005
Papa John's and RIM are offering a free BlackBerry 7100G to anyone who orders a pizza and some side items online.
20. Take a Trip, Get a Free Palm Smartphone 9/7/2005
For the rest of the year, qualifying United Airlines customers can get a free Treo 650 smartphone.
21. Palm Shares Rise on Analyst Upgrade 9/7/2005
Noting that shipments of Palm's smartphones are exceeding expectations, an influential analyst has upgraded his rating of this company's sto
22. Cingular Offering First iTunes Phone (Updated) 9/7/2005
Cingular Wireless is now offering the Motorola ROKR E1, the world's first mobile phone with iTunes. However, many are unhappy that this devi
23. iPods Take Another Step Towards Becoming PDAs 9/7/2005
iTunes 5, released today, lets Windows users synchronize some of their PIM data with an iPod.
United Airlines offers free Treo with $500 in airfare Free Blackberry 7100g with pizza, side order, and beverages Rumor: HTC Blizzard cand
25. Palm Devices and Large-Capacity SD Cards 9/8/2005
Palm, Inc. engineers have tested whether many of their company's recent handhelds and smartphones can use 1 GB and 2 GB SD cards.
26. Nokia 9300 Communicator Coming to Cingular 9/8/2005
A popular cellular-wireless handheld is finally going to be available from a major U.S. cellular provider.
27. Bad News for iPAQ hw6500 Fans (Updated) 9/8/2005
Many people have been eagerly awaiting the U.S. release of HP's latest smartphones, the iPAQ hw6500 series. However, some unofficial reports
The former head of PalmSource is now on the board of LeapFrog, a company that makes electronic educational products for children.
29. Diary of a PDA Journalist 3: Modeling Convergence 9/8/2005
It's been a good while since I took time to make another one of these journal entries. One of the reasons is that I have been somewhat bored
30. LifeDrive ROM Update May Be Coming By Year's End 9/9/2005
According to an unconfirmed report, Palm will release a system update that will fix the bugs in the LifeDrive before New Years.
31. New HP Exec Hires an Old Friend from Palm 9/9/2005
HP has hired Satjiv Chahil to be the senior vice president of marketing for the division that makes the iPAQ line. This means he is once ag
32. iPAQs Used in Hurricane Relief 9/9/2005
Military medics are using iPAQ Pocket PCs when treating victims of Hurricane Katrina.
33. PalmSource Acquired... but Not by Palm 9/9/2005
The company responsible for developing and licensing the Palm OS has been bought by Access, a software company based in Japan.
34. Good News for iPAQ hw6500 Fans 9/9/2005
A spokesperson for HP has revealed that the rumors of problems with the iPAQ hw6500 series are untrue, and this smartphone will get an opera
A spokesperson for Access, the company that is acquiring PalmSource, moved quickly today to allay fears that his company will cut off develo
36. NEWSFLASH: PalmSource to be acquired by Access, Inc. 9/9/2005
In a breaking story, Access Inc, a Japanese mobile internet software company, has announced plans to acquire PalmSource, maker of the Palm O
37. Palm OS is business as usual, for now, says Access 9/11/2005
In the few days since Access Inc. announced that it was going to acquire PalmSource, maker of the Palm OS, speculation has been flying over
38. Microsoft Money 2006 for Pocket PC Now Available 9/12/2005
Microsoft has posted on its web site a free Pocket PC version of its latest financial-tracking application.
39. Samsung Says 32 GB Memory Cards Could Be Out Next Year 9/12/2005
Samsung announced today that it has developed the technology needed to make 32 MB memory cards.
Movistar is now offering its latest corporate solution, Oficina movistar, on the Palm Treo 650.
RealTrack Mobile allows the user to remotely track any person or object carrying a mobile device.
42. eBay to Acquire Skype 9/12/2005
eBay has agreed to acquire Skype Technologies, which makes VoIP software for Pocket PCs.
43. Sony Bringing Out Less Expensive 2 GB Memory Sticks 9/12/2005
At the end of this month, Sony will start offering a pair of 2 GB Memory Sticks for about $200 or less.
Alleged new iPaq models; Conflicting rumors about iPaq hw6500 Samsung produces 16 GB CompactFlash card eBay acquires Skype
45. Technology Auction Benefits Hurricane Victims 9/13/2005
Several technology web sites are holding a charity auction to benefit the Red Cross as it tries to help the many thousands of people who wer
CellStar has signed a distribution agreement with Palm, Inc. to distribute Treo smartphones throughout the U.S.
47. Fossil Leaving SPOT Watch Market 9/13/2005
Reportedly, Fossil has stopped making watches that use Microsoft's SPOT technology to display snippets of information they receive wirelessl
48. Mysterious iPAQ Gets FCC Approval (Updated) 9/13/2005
The FCC has approved a device that may -- or may not -- be the iPAQ rx1950.
49. Get an Advanced Look at NetFront 3.3 9/13/2005
Anyone who is interested can get an advanced look at the next version of the NetFront web browser for Pocket PC.
50. Palm Drops Price of Unlocked Treo 650 9/13/2005
Today, Palm cut the price for the version of its latest smartphone that isn't locked to any specific wireless carrier.
51. Nokia Takes on RIM with Push Email System 9/14/2005
Nokia has become the latest company to challenge RIM's dominance of the push email market.
52. iPAQ hx2400 Series 128 MB RAM Upgrade Available 9/14/2005
Pocket PC Techs can now upgrade an HP iPAQ hx2400 series model from 64 MB of RAM to 128 MB.
53. Sirius Music Service Debuts on Sprint 9/14/2005
Sprint customers will be the first to be able to listen to Sirius Satellite Radio programming that is being streamed wirelessly to their mul
54. Software Store Opens Just for Fossil Wrist PDA 9/14/2005
Motricity has opened a store exclusively for applications that work with Fossil's Palm Powered Wrist PDA.
55. Palm Opens Retail Store at Stanford Shopping Center 9/14/2005
Palm has opened another store to sell it's handhelds, smartphones, and accessories directly to the public. This latest one is in Palo Alto,
56. Fossil Is NOT Leaving SPOT Watch Market 9/14/2005
Fossil says that there is no truth in a recent report which indicated that it has stopped making watches with Microsoft's SPOT technology.
We attended a press event that is usually filled with PDAs and Smartphones, this time around though it was much more quiet. That doesn't mea
58. What Does Palm Have Up Its Sleeve for this Fall? 9/15/2005
By all indications, Palm, Inc. is going to have a busy season, as it is almost certain to release at least one new high-end handheld, and se
59. BlackBerry Smartphone Involved in Patent Lawsuit 9/15/2005
Eatoni Ergonomics has filed a lawsuit against Research in Motion, claiming that the BlackBerry 7100 series of smartphones violates one of it
60. iPAQ hw6500 Will/Won't Get a Windows Mobile 5.0 Upgrade 9/15/2005
Those interested in getting HP's newest smartphone are once again left wondering if an upgrade to the latest version of Windows Mobile will
61. Palm Hires New Head of Engineering 9/15/2005
Palm, Inc. has appointed a man with extensive experience developing mobile phones to be responsible for all its engineering programs associa
The Insurance Dictionary is a glossary of terms compiled to foster a better understanding of the sometimes confusing world of insurance.
63. Don't Forget About Brighthand's RSS Feeds 9/15/2005
Brighthand offers several RSS feeds with links to its recent news stories, reviews, and editorials.
64. Voq Smartphone Selling for $165 9/15/2005
The Voq smartphone from Sierra Wireless can now be purchased for the bargain-basement price of $165. It originally sold for around $500.
Fujitsu Loox OS upgrade delayed Live TV on a Treo 650 iPaq rx1950 approved by FCC Palm lowers Treo 650 price
66. Why the Handheld Computing Market Isn't Dying 9/15/2005
The handheld computer market is dead. Sales of traditional PDAs are tanking, the market is shrinking, and smartphones are the wave of the fu
67. Teen Who Hacked Paris Hilton's Sidekick Gets Jail Time 9/16/2005
A teenager who supposedly stole the information from Paris Hilton's Sidekick II and posted it on the Web has been sentenced to almost a year
68. Live Television Comes to the Treo 650 9/16/2005
MobiTV is now offering live television service to users of the Palm Treo 650.
69. PDATopSoft.com Launches Its Affiliate Program 9/16/2005
From now on everyone with a web site can earn money by referring customers to PDATopSoft.com.
70. Mobilizing IBM Lotus Notes Just Got Better 9/16/2005
Among other new features, the latest version of mNotes -- part of CommonTime's mSuite -- offers Lotus Instant Messaging support.
71. Sprint PCS Launches the PPC-6700 Smartphone 9/16/2005
Sprint PCS has quietly launched the PPC-6700. It's available now to business customers at $480, which is an aggressive price considering alt
72. Weekend PDA and Tech Deals (9/17/05 - 9/18/05) 9/17/2005
Dell Home: Dell Axim X50 520MHz QVGA Handheld $255 shippedPalmOne LifeDrive $405Samsung i730 at Amazon.com for $449PalmOne Tungsten E2 Refur
Sprint has launched the PPC-6700, the first cellular-wireless handheld in the U.S. with Microsoft's Windows Mobile 5.0.
Up to 200 Schwan executives will be using Treo 650 smartphones to accelerate decision-making and better serve customers while away from the
75. The Latest on Palm's Upcoming Handhelds 9/19/2005
An anonymous source has leaked to Brighthand a few more details on the Tungsten and Zire models expected to debut next month.
Monday, September 19 is International Talk Like a Pirate Day and the Astraware Team has decided to embrace the theme wholeheartedly by offer
77. Review - Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 9/19/2005
It's the autumn release season, and new devices running Windows Mobile 5.0 have begun to hit the market. We bring you a hands-on, in-depth l
78. Dell Introduces Axim X51 Series 9/20/2005
Dell has updated its X50 series with Windows Mobile 5.0 and more memory.
79. Dell Phases Out Axim X50 and X30 Series 9/20/2005
Dell introduced a new series of handhelds today which has completely replaced two previous series.
80. Palm Tried to Buy PalmSource 9/20/2005
Before PalmSource was acquired by Access, Palm tried to buy it but was outbid.
Eleven of Astraware's games have been updated to support Windows Mobile 5.0 for Pocket PC, with four of these also supporting Windows Mobile
FilePoint 4.0 for Palm OS is the latest version of Bachmann Software's file manager and networking software product which enables wireless
83. Review - Dell Axim X51v 9/20/2005
For nearly a year, Dell's Axim X50v has reigned supreme as the most powerful and affordable high-end Pocket PC on the market. Now, Dell has
84. Review - Dell Axim X51v 9/20/2005
For nearly a year, Dell's Axim X50v has reigned supreme as the most powerful and affordable high-end Pocket PC on the market. Now, Dell has
85. Microsoft Reorganizes, Moves Mobile Device Division 9/21/2005
Microsoft has merged the group that is in charge of the Windows Mobile operating system with the group responsible for the Xbox to create a
86. iambic Unveils Agendus for Palm OS v10 9/21/2005
iambic has released Agendus for Palm OS v10, a new version of its personal information manager for handhelds and smartphones.
87. BackupBuddy 2 Released for Mac OS X 9/21/2005
Blue Nomad has introduced the first Mac OS X version of BackupBuddy 2 for Palm OS.
88. Dell Gets it Right With New PDAs 9/21/2005
We're so quick to beat the heck out of companies when they screw things up. We bashed Gateway when they almost launched a surefire disaster
89. Access May Be Planning a New Kind of Smartphone 9/22/2005
In this editorial, Ed Hardy tries to explain why Access would want PalmSource, and how it might hope to recoup the large amount of money it
90. Fujitsu-Siemens Readying High-End Pocket PCs 9/22/2005
The first word has leaked out of Fujitsu-Siemens on some new Windows Mobile 5.0 handhelds, the Pocket Loox N500 series.
91. Palm Rumors Out of Left Field 9/22/2005
In the weeks before new handhelds are introduced, it's quite normal for rumors about them to fly around. Some of these seem quite plausible,
92. Voq Smartphone Still Selling for About $165 9/22/2005
It is still possible to get the Voq Windows Mobile Smartphone for a bargain basement price.
93. Palm Treo 700w 9/22/2005
Engadget has managed to get their hands on a fully functional Palm Treo 700w that runs Windows Mobile 5. The Treo 700w also includes EVDO, B
94. Spb Full Screen Keyboard 3.0 Debuts 9/23/2005
As its name implies, Spb Full Screen Keyboard covers the whole screen of a Pocket PC, letting users type with their thumbs.
Palm's latest smartphone is now available with the Real Mail solution for business services clients on the Vodafone Spain network.
96. Palm Continues String of Profitable Quarters 9/23/2005
During its most recent financial quarter, Palm's revenue was up for the ninth-consecutive time. However, executives warned that revenues for
97. PalmSource Reports Rocky Results Last Quarter 9/23/2005
PalmSource, Inc. has announced the results for one of its last financial quarters as an independent company. These make it clear why the com
98. Windows Mobile Treo Confirmed (Updated) 9/23/2005
Any remaining doubts that Palm is going to put out its first Pocket PC should now be gone, as a technology-oriented web site has been able t
Palm, PSRC report quarterly financials Palm sued over defective Treos Palm outbid in PSRC buyout Dell offers pre-orders for X50 upgrade
100. Palm, Microsoft and Verizon to Hold Press Conference Monday 9/23/2005
Two days before the start of the fall CTIA show, Palm, Microsoft and Verizon will be on stage talking about future growth together. The pres
101. iPAQ rx1950 Appears on HP Web Site (Updated) 9/26/2005
HP has officially announced the iPAQ rx1950 series, but it has done so rather quietly by simply listing it on its web site.
102. Palm, Microsoft Announce Windows Mobile Treo 9/26/2005
Palm CEO Ed Colligan and Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates have officially unveiled the first Treo running Windows Mobile.
HP is now offering the long-awaited upgrades for its iPAQ hx2110, hx2410, and hx2750 models. HP has also listed its recent models that won't
104. HP Debuts Three New iPAQ Models 9/26/2005
HP is now taking pre-orders for three new Pocket PCs in its business-oriented hx2000 series. Despite their new names, though, these are esse
105. Palm Confirms Windows Mobile Treo 700w 9/26/2005
Palm has confirmed their first Windows Mobile device, the Treo 700w. The Treo 700w will run Windows Mobile 5.0 and will be available in earl
HP has quietly updated their hx2000 line of iPAQs and released the new rx1950. The hx2000's all get Windows Mobile 5.0 and will start at $34
107. Gartner Bullish on PalmSource Acquisition 9/27/2005
A pair of analysts for market-research firm Gartner have given their opinions on what Access' acquiring PalmSource means for the Palm OS.
108. OQO Updates model 1 Pocketable PC 9/27/2005
OQO has released the model 1+, an improved version of its tiny computer that runs Windows XP. In addition to other changes, it offers more m
109. Travelers' Health for Pocket PC Released 9/27/2005
International Travel and Health is a World Health Organization publication that offers guidance on health risks likely to be encountered in
110. More on Fujitsu-Siemens' Upcoming Pocket PCs 9/27/2005
More information has surfaced on a pair of GPS-enabled Pocket Loox handhelds being developed by Fujitsu-Siemens.
SplashBlog is a free application that lets users publish their pictures on their personal photoblogs quickly and easily.
112. Sprint PCS PPC-6700 First Thoughts 9/27/2005
We got our hands on a demo PPC-6700 today and it's a pretty impressive device. The 6700 is a little smaller than I expected, it actually poc
113. Palm Should Not Reject the Idea of Windows Mobile Handhelds 9/28/2005
In this editorial, Ed Hardy discusses why he thinks Palm's decision to not make Windows Mobile handhelds is a mistake.
114. SanDisk Hopes to End the Use of Microdrives 9/28/2005
SanDisk has introduced a new flash storage device that it hopes will replace the use of embedded miniature hard drives in mobile devices.
115. Sprint Finally Debuts First iDEN Smartphone 9/28/2005
Sprint has announced plans to offer the Motorola i930, the first Windows Mobile smartphone that is compatible with its iDEN network.
116. RIM Will Use XScale Chips in Next-Generation BlackBerries 9/28/2005
Research In Motion (RIM) has announced that it will use Intel XScale processors in future BlackBerry devices.
117. Developers Jump to Promise Support for Windows Mobile Treo 9/28/2005
Numerous third-party software developers have promised to release versions of their applications that are compatible with the first Treo sma
118. Of Course, RIM Had Another Profitable Quarter 9/29/2005
In its most recent financial quarter, RIM's revenue and net income were significantly higher than in the same period of last year.
119. RIM Preparing Important New BlackBerry 9/29/2005
Information leaking out of Research In Motion indicates that this company is preparing to release its most important new product since the d
120. Cingular Plans to Roll-Out Nokia 9300 Communicator 9/29/2005
A major U.S. cellular provider is finally going to release a very popular cellular-wireless handheld.
121. Documents To Go, RoadSync Coming to Nokia Communicators 9/29/2005
DataViz has announced it will release versions of its mobile ActiveSync client, RoadSync, and mobile Office suite, Documents To Go, for the
122. Palm to Host Annual Shareholder Meeting 9/29/2005
Palm's annual meeting of shareholders is September 29. The agenda is to elect directors and ratify the company's independent auditors.
123. Apple Smartphone ''Only a Matter of Time'' 9/29/2005
The CEO of Motorola today said that it isn't a question of if, but when Apple will release its first smartphone.
iPaq hw6500 denied OS upgrade Sprint-Nextel debuts Moto i930 Alleged images of iTunes on Windows Mobile 5
125. Spb Software Introduces Numerous Free Pocket PC Themes 9/30/2005
Spb Software House has introduced Spb UniThemes. Each of these is a complete set of skins for all the standard Pocket PC applications that a
126. Memory Stick Micro: Yet Another Tiny New Card Format 9/30/2005
SanDisk and Sony have announced the Memory Stick Micro format, which has been designed for highly compact, multi-functional mobile phones.
127. Dell Selling Windows Mobile 5.0 Upgrades 9/30/2005
The long wait is almost over for users of the Axim X50 series who would like to upgrade their handheld to Windows Mobile 5.0. Dell has begun
128. First Thoughts - Garmin M3 GPS PocketPC 9/30/2005
Based on the design of the Garmin M5, the M3 is a cheaper variation on the older device. With a suggested retail price of $533, and a street
129. CTIA - Smartphones Galore, Which One is the Best? 9/30/2005
At the CTIA show this week, Smartphones and software geared toward these devices took center stage. The Sprint PPC-6700, Motorola Q, Motorol
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement