Listed below are all of our news and reviews articles for September 2008. If you are looking for an article on a particular day or on a particular topic, you can use the menu on the right to narrow your search
2008 ArticlesJanuary | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December |
September 2008 Topics
SmartPhone Articles for September of 2008
Below are the 90 SmartPhone articles for September of 2008
1. Nokia E71 Review 9/1/2008
In his latest review, Antoine Wright says, "If you need a smartphone that works very hard, but leaves room to play, it's very hard to find a
The mobile-enabled social networking segment of users is growing, and applications such as JuiceCaster are there to let BlackBerry users to
Paragon Software Group, makers of the Talking E-Dictionary Series for Windows Mobile devices, has updated the core software with the new Slo
4. Sony Xperia X1 Appears To Face Delay 9/2/2008
Rumors swirling around Sony's high-end Windows Mobile handset, the XPERIA X1, suggest that software problems are going to result in the dela
AT&T's BlackJack II is latest model to see an upgrade to the newest version of Microsoft's operating system for smartphones.
6. Samsung i8510 Innov8 Available on Orange in UK 9/3/2008
The Samsung i8510 Innov8 is now available for use on the Orange phone carrier in the U.K.
7. SolarExpress USB Host Card Review 9/3/2008
Adama Brown brings us a review of the SolarExpress USB Host Card, which brings the ability to control USB devices like keyboards and flash d
8. Acer Aspire One Review 9/3/2008
Technology Guide's Kevin O'Brien takes us inside the new Acer sub-notebook with a detailed review and testing of the latest competitor to en
Pocket PC Techs has an adapter that performs two functions: it speeds up the rate at which HTC's smartphones are charged from a PC's USB per
10. Nokia E66 North American Edition Available 9/4/2008
The Nokia E66 smartphone has been reported to be available for purchase from Nokia's chicago Flagship store. A slider-based smartphone, the
11. Nokia Releases Firmware Update for Original N95 9/4/2008
Nokia releases firmware update to its landmark N95 smartphone.
Google's Chrome browser will not initially make it in to the Android platform, but its founder expects it to for future releases of the Goog
13. Mobile Malware: Coming to a Smartphone Near You? 9/5/2008
Skeptics have long scoffed at the prospect of mobile malware, but some experts believe that the criminals now developing PC malware will soo
14. Sprint Not Giving Up On iDEN Network 9/5/2008
Despite the problems and customer losses that have plagued the iDEN part of their network since they merged with that company, Sprint isn't
15. Qik Updated for Additional Windows Mobile Devices 9/6/2008
Qik has released an update that increases the number of Windows Mobile devices compatible with the application.
16. CalliGrapher 8.7 Released and Back to School Offer 9/7/2008
17. The Next Paradigm Shift: Open Source Everything 9/7/2008
In his latest editorial, Brighthand's Antoine Wright takes on the future of open-source software, as it effects mobile devices and the busin
18. Kinoma Play for Windows Mobile Updated 9/7/2008
Kinoma Play is a mobile media player for Windows Mobile devices that has garnered much attention due to its user interface design and wealth
19. MWg Zinc II Review 9/8/2008
The MWg Zinc II is a Windows Mobile 6.1 smartphone that offers a sliding keyboard, 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, and a new finger-friendly application lau
20. ShoZu for iPhone Updated 9/8/2008
ShoZu has announced a new edition of its social media aggregator for iPhone and iPod Touch devices.
21. Kingston 8 GB microSD/SDHC Card Review 9/9/2008
Kingston Technology recently added an 8 GB microSD/SDHC card to its product line. Brighthand's Ed Hardy put this new accessory through its p
22. WalkingHotSpot Comes out of Beta 9/10/2008
WalkingHotSpot comes out of beta as a commerical, subscription-based application.
23. Apple Releases Second-Generation iPod touch 9/11/2008
Among the music-oriented products released at Apple's Let's Rock event was the second-generation iPod touch, sporting with new features and
24. RIM Announces BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 9/11/2008
Research in Motion (RIM) releases the BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220; a flip form factor smartphone with SureType keyboard and BlackBerry softwa
An upcoming touchscreen BlackBerry device is tested on video, and is rumored to have a $199 price point for Verizon.
26. Google Mobile App for BlackBerry Updated 9/11/2008
An updated Google Mobile App for BlackBerry devices makes it easier to search, read email, and access other Google applications.
The HTC Touch Diamond and Touch Pro will make their debut on the Sprint CDMA carrier in September and mid-October respectively. Updated: We'
28. Hands on with the HTC Touch Pro and Touch Diamond 9/11/2008
At the CTIA tradeshow, Kevin O'Brien had a chance to get a good look at the new HTC models, including the Touch Pro and Touch Diamond. Both
Apple's iPhone and iPod Touch devices will get a boost in ability and performance when the recently announced version 2.1 software update be
30. On-Device Defenses for Mobile Malware 9/12/2008
Although many people doubted the need for virus protection on smartphones for many years, mobile antivirus scanners are experiencing a marke
31. HTC Touch Pro Preview 9/12/2008
Sprint has just announced plans to introduce the HTC Touch Pro later this fall, and Brighthand's Kevin O'Brien was at the announcement to ge
32. Sony Ericsson Announces Launch Dates for Xperia X1 9/12/2008
Sony Ericsson has given an official launch date to its new Windows Mobile smartphone.
33. Symbian Foundation Adds More Companies 9/12/2008
The Symbian Foundation, an open source association and development company for the Symbian operating sytem, has announced the addition of 10
34. BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8220 Preview 9/12/2008
RIM unveiled the first clamshell BlackBerry smartphone earlier this week, and Brighthand's Kevin O'Brien was there to get some video of the
Velocity Mobile's first Windows smartphone is now available for pre-ordering from selected retailers.
The HTC Touch Pro isn't even in wide release yet, but already photos have surfaced of the next generation device in the Touch family, featur
37. HTC Touch 3G and Touch Viva Unveiled 9/15/2008
HTC has just taken the wraps off a pair of new smartphones in its Touch series. These are expected to be less expensive than other recent mo
Griffin Technologies has released a number of accessories designed to be compatible with the iPhone 3G.
39. PhatWare Launches Shaker for iPhone/iPod Touch 9/16/2008
Shaker offers a different take on a classic blocks game for iPhone and iPod touch devices.
Nokia announces that all of its Symbian S60 devices - about 80 million devices total - will gain compatibility with Microsoft Exchange serve
41. Task2Gather Released for iPhone 9/17/2008
Task2Gather is a new web-based application for managing tasks on an iPhone.
42. Samsung Omnia i900 Preliminary Review 9/17/2008
Brighthand's Adama Brown has had a few days to play with the Samsung Omnia, and weighs in with some preliminary impressions about the device
43. Health and Diet Manager Now Available for Palm OS 9/17/2008
The latest version of iambic's Health and Diet Manager adds Palm OS compatibility and Windows desktop syncing.
Nokia has revealed details of its next Internet Tablet operating system, as well as its increased involvement with Linux.
45. First Android-Based Phone Will Be Unveiled Next Week 9/18/2008
T-Mobile USA is going to hold a press event next week to announce the first smartphone running Google's Android operating system. Also, an u
The BlackBerry Bold is one of the most highly-anticipated smartphones of this fall. And if a new report is correct, U.S. consumers will have
47. Palm Still Losing Money as It Works to Reinvent Itself 9/18/2008
Palm, Inc. had some good news to share about its most recent financial quarter: it sold over a million smartphones. But the company still re
48. FileFind 4.0 for Palm OS Introduced 9/18/2008
Tamoggemon Software has released an update to FileFind that streamlines performance and addresses issues users have had across various Palm
49. Motorola Q9c Receives Windows Mobile 6.1 Upgrade 9/19/2008
Motorola has released a Windows Mobile 6.1 update for its Q9c, a smartphone offered by Verizon and Sprint.
50. SDHC Driver for Palm Handhelds Now Available 9/19/2008
PalmPowerUps has released its much anticipated software that adds support for high-capacity memory cards to many of Palm's handhelds.
51. ARC Freedom Antenna Review 9/19/2008
For those people who are in need of a slightly better signal at home or the office, the ARC Freedom Antenna offers a boost for all sorts of
In a conference call with industry analysts yesterday, Palm's CEO promised that devices running its next operating system would be on the ma
53. Arrr! It Be Time for Talk Like a Pirate Day 9/19/2008
September 19 is Talk Like a Pirate Day, and several companies have made it easy for smartphone and handheld users to celebrate it.
We just wanted to announce the latest addition to the TechnologyGuide.com family of sites... Please give a warm welcome to PrinterComparison
55. AT&T May Introduce the HTC Touch Pro in October 9/20/2008
A leaked product roadmap indicates that AT&T may introduce a new high-end smartphone from HTC late next month.
Nokia and Capcom have announced the Resident Evil Degeneration game for the N-Gage platform as an upcoming title.
Paragon Software has released the Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary for Apple's smartphone and handheld.
Google has released a few updates to its Google Maps Mobile (GMM) including Street View, Walking Directions, and a more accurate MyLocation
59. Android May Have 4% of the U.S. Smartphone Market in Q4 9/22/2008
The first Android model hasn't even been announced yet, but a market research firm already predicts that Google's upcoming operating system
60. MWg Zinc II Now Available for $500 9/22/2008
MWg America has cut the price on its latest Windows Mobile smartphone for a second time. The Zinc II debuted over the summer at $750, but is
61. Velocity Mobile 103 Review 9/22/2008
The Velocity 103 is an upcoming high-end Windows Mobile smartphone with a VGA display, 3G support, and Wi-Fi. Kevin O'Brien has put a pre-re
62. Rumored Nokia E72 to Supercede the E71 9/23/2008
A leaked video shows a variant of Nokia's E71 smartphone, with it the assumption of it being its possible successor.
After literally years of rumors and speculation, the first smartphone running an operating system developed by Google is now official.
64. PocketMac for Now Available for iPhone 9/24/2008
PocketMac for iPhone brings additional syncing and backup options to iPhone owners on Mac computers.
65. Windows Mobile 7 Debut May Have Been Pushed Back 9/24/2008
The release of Windows Mobile 7 may have been delayed by about 6 months, according to an unconfirmed report.
66. T-Mobile G1 Preview 9/24/2008
T-Mobile took the wraps off the first Android-powered smartphone yesterday, and Brighthand's Ed Hardy was at the press conference to get a f
Spb has released Spb Online, a set of entertainment and infotainment-based online services for Windows Mobile devices.
68. T-Mobile Not Limiting 3G Users to 1 GB of Data Transfers 9/25/2008
Earlier this week, T-Mobile revealed that users of its 3G service will be limited to 1 GB of data transfers each month. After a storm of pro
Skyfire has released a new beta version of its free web browser for Windows Mobile. In addition, the company is ending its closed beta prog
70. Touchscreen Next? 9/25/2008
New technologies like projection displays have the potential to revolutionize mobile computers, and Antoine Wright has been thinking hard ab
71. Skyfire Mobile Web Browser Preview 2 9/25/2008
Skyfire has released a new version of its mobile web browser for Windows Mobile devices. It's still a beta, but all of the earlier betas hav
72. Celio Redfly Now on Sale for $200 9/26/2008
As a way of increasing the the public's awareness of its product, Celio has temporarily dropped the price of the Redfly down to $200.
73. Nokia's First Touchscreen Smartphone May Debut Next Week 9/26/2008
Nokia will take the wraps off the first ever S60 smartphone with a touchscreen next week, if an unconfirmed report is correct.
74. Palm Treo Pro Now Shipping 9/26/2008
Palm has begun offering its latest Windows Mobile-based smartphone, the Treo Pro, to customers in the United States.
75. Agendus Now Available for BlackBerry, Too 9/26/2008
Palm OS and Windows Mobile users have been turning to the Agendus personal information manager for years, and iambic has just released a ver
76. Is Microsoft Going To Make Its Own Smartphone? 9/27/2008
The man in charge of the Windows Mobile team has answered the question many have asked in recent months: Is Microsoft going to release its o
Following a release for Palm OS and Windows Mobile earlier this year, Astraware has launched its Platypus shoot-em-up for three more smartph
78. Asus Adding 3G to Eee PC Line 9/27/2008
Asus has announced plans to bring support for 3G cellular-wireless networking to its Eee PC line of subnotebooks.
An document that has leaked out of Verizon Wireless may reveal the general time this carrier is going to release two hotly-anticipated smart
Nokia has released an updated version of its Mail for Exchange application which adds compatibility to all of its Symbian S60 devices.
On of the biggest mysteries in the smartphone market right now is when the BlackBerry Bold's U.S. debut will be. A new document says this sm
Nokia has introduced a second update for the system software on the Internet Tablet line. This was designed to bring stability improvements
83. SanDisk Will Soon Release 16 GB microSD Cards 9/29/2008
SanDisk has just announced it will bring its 16 GB microSDHC card to market next month. At launch, this will be the highest capacity microSD
84. Motorola Reportedly Showing a Strong Interest in Android 9/29/2008
HTC may be making the first Android-based smartphone, but Motorola could well be the second to release a device with this consumer-oriented
85. Apple Revamps App Store to Deal with Shady Practices 9/29/2008
Apple made changes to the iPhone App Store over the weekend to cut out some questionable practices.
Last.fm has released an updated application for iPhone/iPod Touch devices with new features and improved usability.
87. Sprint XOHM WiMAX Service Finally Launches 9/29/2008
Almost a year after it was first demonstrated publicly, Sprint's XOHM WiMAX service is finally commercially available... at least in one cit
Although Nokia intends to keep offering business-oriented smartphones, it is going to stop developing its own backend products for the enter
When RIM took the wraps off the BlackBerry Pearl 8220 earlier this month, many assumed that this smartphone was destined for T-Mobile USA. N
90. Could the iPhone Be Coming to Verizon? 9/30/2008
If an unconfirmed report is correct, Verizon Wireless will release a version of the Apple iPhone in 2009.
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement