Back when these rumors were hot, the h2200 was going to fill the void currently occupied by the h1910. Now it seems the h2200 will fit somewhere in between the h1910 and h5450. This is a great move in my book. The 5450 is too much PDA for most, the same story for the NZ90 on the Palm side. PDA Manufacturers have done a great job of playing the high end and low end, but the middle ground now has a lot of demand. We're seeing Sony create a unit for everyone and now HP looks to get into the action...good move.
Pocketnow has posted inside information as follows -
* It will be the 2200 Series
* Integrated Compact Flash and SDIO slot (Finally!)
* 400MHz XScale Processor
* 16-bit Color with Transreflective TFT
* Built in Bluetooth
* Slightly larger than 1900 series from a thickness and screen but not by much (it was very light)
* Base model will come with 64MB Ram and a higher model will come with 128MB Ram, I did not get a chance to ask about ROM
* There is a replaceable battery
* It will offer both Landscape and Standard view without a soft reset!
* Black grips on the side for a very secure hold
* They did not integrate 802.11 because an SDIO card is due in June/July that will provide this functionality
* It will run on the new Microsoft operating system (this is the reason for the release date in June/July)
* It will not fit existing accessories
* A future model will have a keyboard that slides from the back and automatically changes the view to Landscape (it was described as coming from the right side of the iPaq)
* A phone option should be available “in the future”
* It will be between $300-$400 but expect it just under $400
Of course, as news leaks out, we'll keep you posted. Hopefully we'll get some love from the FCC soon!
Related News -
New HP iPAQ 3935 and 3970 on the way - UPDATE - HP will release a 2000 and 5000 series PDA too (5/24/2002 9:48:05 AM) - In a surprising twist, details have been leaked onto our discussion baords regarding these new iPAQ devices. This rumor comes only weeks after HP shelved almost all of their announced PDA releases.
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2014, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement