Just days after an unconfirmed report said AT&T would release its version of the HTC Touch Pro near the end of this month, what appears to be an internal AT&T document indicates the launch will actually be much sooner.
This document, which was leaked to BGR, says this device -- renamed the AT&T Fuze -- will debut on Nov. 11.
Its base price will be $500, but that will supposedly drop to $350 with a two-year contract and $50 mail-in rebate.
The Fuze will have a built-in sliding keyboard, and is expected to replace the AT&T Tilt in this carrier's lineup.
It will run Microsoft's Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional with HTC's finger-friendly TouchFLO 3D user interface on top.
This smartphone will sport a 2.8-inch VGA touchscreen, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, GPS, a microSD/SDHC card slot, and a 1350 mAh battery.
The HTC Touch Pro is already available in Europe and some U.S. retailers, but the upcoming version will have something new: support for AT&T's 3G service.
Here, There, and Everywhere
The Touch Pro is shaping up to be one of the most widely available smartphones around. It debuted in Europe over the summer, and Sprint launched it in the U.S. late last month.
In addition to the multiple reports that it's coming soon to AT&T, Verizon is supposed to be prepping the CDMA version for release later this month.
Related Articles:
|
|
|
|
|
TechTarget publishes
more than 100 focused websites providing quick access to a deep store of
news, advice and analysis about the technologies, products and processes crucial
to the jobs of IT pros.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright 2000 - 2013, TechTarget | Read our Privacy Statement