Barnes & Noble has begun sending out v1.2 of the system software for its nook e-book reader. Like an earlier update, this both improves the performance of this device and removes a few bugs.
In the bug-fix department, all eligible LendMe e-books now include a LendMe flag, and this update also now ensures that the page currently being read and bookmarks on all e-books are properly saved when the nook is powered off.
In addition, according to Barnes & Noble, the latest version offers these enhancements:
- Bookmarks now display page number
- Enhanced in-store Wi-Fi connectivity
- Improved opening of e-books and periodicals
- Improved response to Reading Now & Settings buttons
- Easier navigation of daily subscription with issues rolled into one folder
- Improved “back” button functionality for navigating e-books and periodicals
- Overall system improvements and battery optimization
Get It Now or Later
Barnes & Noble is in the process of sending the nook software version 1.2 to all units over the air. All a user has to do is wait for it to show up.
Those who don’t want to wait can manually install it. Instructions for doing so are available on the Barnes & Noble website.
Source: Barnes & Noble