SoftMaker announced today the start of public beta testing of a new version of its word processor for Pocket PCs, TextMaker 2006.
This application has been completely overhauled, and introduces many significant improvements, such as:
- Updated import and export filters for Microsoft Word
- Import of OpenDocument and OpenOffice.org documents
- A complete AutoShapes-compatible drawing layer built in
- “Track changes” just like in Microsoft Word
- Comments that appear as “balloons”
- Long-document features such as a bibliography
- and more
In this version, support for in-line tables has been greatly improved. Cells can be merged and split, headers can be made to repeat on every new page, and true nested tables are supported. The user can even rotate the contents of individual cells.
The beta of TextMaker 2006 for Pocket PCs can be found on the SoftMaker web site.
The full version of this application will cost $49.95 (49.95 Euro). Owners of TextMaker 2002 for Pocket PCs will be able to upgrade for just $34.95 (34.95 Euros).