Bitstream Inc. announced today the release of ThunderHawk Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Edition, which offers users a fast, secure desktop browsing experience along with new Windows Mobile 5.0 technology.
ThunderHawk demonstrations are being held in the Bitstream stand (Hall 1, #C84) at 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona , Spain through February 17. New and current users can also test the software by downloading the ThunderHawk Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Edition 30-day free trial.
Combined with a rich multimedia experience, updated software, and other customization and productivity enhancements from Microsoft, ThunderHawk offers Windows Mobile 5.0 users improved integration and functionality when browsing on a Pocket PC, including:
- Increased speed. ThunderHawk client/server technology, in addition to Windows Mobile 5.0 3G and Wi-Fi support, provides the fastest browsing experience available on the wireless Web.
- Improved integration and user options. Windows Mobile 5.0 users are able to delete browser “History” of Web pages visited, and can launch the camera application with the applicable device button without suspending ThunderHawk.
- Desktop-level Java support. Java 1.5.0 capabilities enables ThunderHawk users to run powerful Java applets and the applets will behave on the Windows Mobile 5.0 mobile Pocket PC just as they do on the desktop.
- Zooming capabilities. Adjust Web page resolution according to your preference, for low (480×360), medium (640×480) or high (800×600) resolution viewing with minimal scrolling.
- Seamless connectivity. With ThunderHawk Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC Edition, a dropped connection is re-established immediately, along with any data you previously entered.
“As current users migrate to the new breed of Windows Mobile 5.0 devices and new users come on board, the demand for a true desktop browsing experience on the Pocket PC continues to increase,” said Anna Chagnon, President & CEO of Bitstream Inc. “Windows Mobile users are very comfortable with wireless technology and therefore will not accept sub-par speed, presentation and overall performance when it comes to Web browsing. With ThunderHawk, browsing is fast, easy and seamless on Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PCs, enabling individuals to do everything ? from online shopping to reading dynamic news feeds ? just as they do on their desktop.”
In addition, ThunderHawk Enterprise Edition enables organizations with high security standards to host ThunderHawk in-house by purchasing a fully configured ThunderHawk server, as well as ThunderHawk Windows Mobile 5.0 Pocket PC user licenses as needed. The advantage of this turnkey appliance is that the server comes preconfigured so there is less of a burden on the enterprise IT department during the installation process.
Along with public website access, ThunderHawk Enterprise Edition enables organizations and employees using Windows devices to view applications behind the corporate firewall, including intranet and database information. All upstream data is always 128 bit encrypted, and all downstream data is 128 bit encrypted on all secure pages.
ThunderHawk, a breakthrough wireless Web browser from Bitstream, provides carriers, device manufacturers, application developers and corporate IT departments with a familiar, secure desktop browsing experience on mobile devices. Developed with a high degree of HTML open standards compliance, ThunderHawk enables individuals using Windows Mobile and Symbian devices to read Web-based e-mail, check flight and travel information, go shopping online, and access the latest information for crucial decisions in the field. ThunderHawk offers unique viewing options that display sharp text and clear graphics on full HTML Web pages , eliminating excessive scrolling and slow transmission speeds that plague other mobile browsers, so information is always easy to find and read on small screen devices.
For more information, e-mail us at email@example.com, contact Bitstream at 800.522.3668 or 617.497.6222, or visit us on the Web at www.bitstream.com/wireless.
Bitstream Inc. (NASDAQ: BITS) is a software development company that makes communications compelling. Bitstream enables customers worldwide to render high-quality text, browse the Web on wireless devices, select from the largest collection of fonts online, and customize documents over the Internet. Its core competencies include font technology, browsing technology, e-commerce technology, and publishing technology.