Toshiba e355 for $200
Amazon.com is offering the Toshiba e355 for $200 plus free shipping. It normally sells for $300. This handheld runs Windows Mobile 2003 for Pocket PC on a 300MHz Intel XScale processor and comes with 64MB of RAM. (Read Brighthand‘s review.)
To purchase the e355 at this low price, visit the Amazon.com web site.
Mahjong Dragon For Pocket PC Released by ClickGamer
ClickGamer has released Mahjong Dragon for Pocket PC handhelds. Features include photographic backdrops, flat and tiered game boards, eleven different tile layouts. Options include sound effects and music, as well as the ability to play against the clock. A high score board for timed games is also included. The application costs $9.95 and is available for purchase at the ClickGamer web site.
SanDisk Announces New Memory Stick Duo and Pro Expansion Cards
SanDisk has announced the addition of two new expansion card types to their current product offerings. The Memory Stick Duo is aimed primarily at 2.5G and 3G mobile phones, such as those currently available in Europe and Japan. The Duo is expected to come in Storage capacities ranging from 32 MB to 128 MB, for $35 to $70. The Memory Stick PRO Duo, with integrated MagicGate technology, is designed for digital music players and digital still and video cameras and comes in two sizes: 256 MB for $130 and 512 MB for $310.
All the Duo cards will come with an adapter so that they can be used with older Memory Stick or Memory Stick PRO devices, as these new cards are approximately 1/3 the size of the original Memory Stick storage cards. For more information about the new products, which are expected to ship in September, visit the SanDisk web site.
PXA Clocker 2.5 Released
PXA Clocker 2.5 allows owners of Sony handhelds running Palm OS 5 on an XScale processor to underclock or overclock their device, depending on whether the user wants to enhance performance or increase battery life. The new version adds per-application settings, better compatibility, and peripheral frequency control.
TextMaker Now Compatible With Pocket PC 2003
TextMaker has been updated and is now compatible with Pocket PC 2003. Features include multi-language spell checking, footnote and table support, paragraph and character styles, autotext, sophisticated paragraph formatting, and lossless conversion of Microsoft Word *.DOC files on the Pocket PC.
For more information or online purchase, visit the developer’s web site.
PalmGear Names Top Ten Palm OS Applications For July
PalmGear has named its Top Ten Palm OS applications for the month of July, based on download activity. This month’s list includes:
- Aerodrome Software’s AeroPlayer, an enhancement that turns a Tungsten T, Tungsten C, or Zire 71 into a portable MP3 audio player.
- Datoru Drosibas Tehnologijas’ FlyZip XR, a compressing and decompressing utility that doubles the amount of information stored on Palm OS handhelds without modifying the hardware.
- ZZTECH’s ZLauncher, a system management program integrating the system supervisor, application/database manager and expansion card manager.
- Ardiri’s Lemmings, a fun free game for the Palm, implemented from the classic game originally created by Psygnosis.
- Ants Technologies’ DataKeeper, a database utility that maintains personal information such as passwords, credit cards, bank information, birthdays, flights, hotels and URLs in a single location.
- PocketSensei’s SilverScreen, a tool that customizes your Palm OS interface with a library of various stylish themes.
- Kent Willyard’s MedRules, a medical application that features clinical prediction rules.
- Ants Technologies’ DateBook on Clock, which brings users’ address book, date book, to do list, mail, etc. onto one easy-to-read interface.
- Arcona Magi’s Medieval Heroes, a free historical strategy game.
- PDA 3Dware’s 3D Blockout, the only three-dimensional falling blocks game for the Palm.