Dell has released a ROM update for the popular X50 PDA line. The update fixes several issues and improves several others, most notably the video driver, touchpad sensitivity and Game API.
Here’s the full rundown of what the update addresses:
1. Improved SD and CF read performance.
2. Updated wireless button usage scenario to avoid enabling / disabling wireless accidentally.
3. Allow the WLAN auto power-off feature to be enabled and/or disabled in the WLAN utility.
4. Added feature in the power applet to change the color of the battery power bar to reflect the battery capacity.
5. Associated the .dbk files with the Data Backup program.
6. Improved GAPI performance.
7. Improved touch panel performance and sensitivity.
8. Enhanced the video driver to be more robust.
Dell recommends backing up all PIM data before applying the ROM. Users should then re-install applications one at a time. Updating your ROM can take a while, but it’s important to follow all instructions as taking shortcuts can lead to a dysfunctional installation.
The downloads are available here.