There is a new update for the Axim X5 Advance available now.
According to Dell, this will
- Resolve a Pocket Internet Explorer problem that produces an error when connecting to certain web sites
- Improve infrared sensor performance when transferring data between an Axim X5 and a Palm OS device
- Improve notification of backup battery charge
- Improve time-out of the power button light to extend battery life
- Reduce start-up time
- Improve the navigation button applet
- Improve the CompactFlash modem interface driver
- Add support for C stepping of the Intel XScale CPU
- Add support the features from the Microsoft Adaptation Kit Update 5
This is only for the Axim X5 Advance and shouldn’t be used on any other Axim model.Registered users can download this ROM update from Dell’s support site.