Today, the winners of the Handango People’s Choice awards for the fall were announced. These are bi-annual awards designed to honor the best mobile applications as chosen by customer votes.
From March 31 until September 30, Handango customers cast their votes for their favorite Palm OS, Windows Mobile Pocket PC, Java, and Symbian OS applications.
“The People’s Choice award is designed to provide customers the chance to voice their opinions and cast their vote for their favorite applications,” said Randy Eisenman, president and chief executive officer at Handango. “Developers put a lot of heart and soul into creating, developing and refining these applications, and the customers have responded to their hard work by awarding them with the People’s Choice title. I congratulate each winning developer on their superb success and achievement.”
The winners in each category are:
- Best Business Solution — Quickoffice Premier by Mobile Digital Media
- Best Education Solution — Teacher’s P.E.T. by Coffee
- Best Game — Billiards by Megasoft 2000
- Best Healthcare Solution — IPDA-II by Vesteon Software
- Best Lifestyle Application — PDAbs – Fitness and
Workout Tracker by Acrocat Software
- Best Productivity Application — Hi-Launcher by RNS
- Best Use of Wireless — WorldMate Standard Edition
- Best Business Solution — VITO QuickContact by VITO Technology
- Best Education Solution — RepliGo by Cerience Corp.
- Best Game — MGS Karting by Noumena Innovations Ltd.
- Best Healthcare Solution — MobiMedic – First Aid by Dynamo Computing Solutions
- Best Lifestyle Application — WorldMate Standard Edition by MobiMate
- Best Productivity Application — Handy Day by EPOCWARE
- Best Use of Wireless — IM+: Instant Messenger by SHAPE Services GmbH
Windows Mobile Pocket PC
- Best Business Solution — Project Manager by Infodev Technologies, Inc.
- Best Education Solution — DictionaryToGo by LearningToGo
- Best Game — Lemonade Tycoon by Jamdat
- Best Healthcare Solution — DrugGuide by Skyscape
- Best Lifestyle Application — MySportTraining by Expose Corp.
- Best Productivity Application — Pocket Informant by WebIS, Inc.
- Best Use of Wireless — Rudeo Control for Windows
Media Player by Rudeo Consulting
- Best Business Solution — Password Vault by Six Foot Three Foot
- Best Education Solution — LangToLang English French Dictionary by Ascendo
- Best Game — Aces Texas Hold’em – No Limit by Concrete Software
- Best Healthcare Solution — emerdat by tridcomm
- Best Lifestyle Application — Diet Manager by Family software
- Best Productivity Application — ContactManager by Total Wireless Solutions
- Best Use of Wireless — BlinkNews by Brainspeed, Inc.
The complete list, including runners-up, is available at on the Handandgo web site.
The developer of each winning application will receive $5,000 (USD) in marketing promotions as well as right to the title “The People’s Choice.”
More than 50,000 Java, Symbian OS, Palm OS and Windows Mobile Pocket PC applications were eligible to receive votes. To vote, customers must register on Handango, and each person was limited to one vote per product. Voting was halted at midnight central daylight time on Wednesday, September 29, 2004, so the results could be tabulated. Handango has reopened voting for the Spring People’s Choice awards. Winners will be announced March 31, 2005.