CANNES, France — Today at the 3GSM World Congress, Handango, the leading provider of mobile downloads, announced the release of Handango InHand for BlackBerry. Handango InHand is an intelligent, device-resident download client for smart phones and wireless handhelds and is available at www.handango.com/inhand. Handango InHand is optimized for all BlackBerry Wireless Handhelds that use OS 3.8 and above, which includes the BlackBerry 7100, 7200, 7500 and 7700 series.
Handango InHand enables operators to streamline content delivery across all smart phones; present a compelling, branded interface; improve customer awareness of downloads; increase content revenues and data traffic; and deliver a superior download experience through features such as trials, one-click access, download safeguard and online backup.
“Handango InHand for BlackBerry enables operators to tap customers’ appetites for more than just email. With hundreds of downloads available, customers can personalize their BlackBerrys in a variety of ways,” said Randy Eisenman, president and chief executive officer of Handango. “Additionally, we are seeing strong interest from the world’s largest mobile operators that view InHand as an excellent way to increase revenue and customer loyalty.”
Handango InHand for BlackBerry joins the Handango InHand family of download clients for smart phones and wireless handhelds utilizing Symbian OS UIQ, Palm OS and Windows Mobile for Smartphone or Pocket PC. Operators and device manufacturers who have licensed Handango InHand include Sprint, Sierra Wireless, Sony Ericsson and BenQ.
Handango InHand for BlackBerry features downloads ranging from software, such as ExpenseManager for tracking expenses; lifestyle applications, such as the award-winning Ascendo Fitness; games, such as the popular Blackjack Buddy; and many other fun, robust applications. Customers can easily find, try, buy and download mobile content quickly and securely with Handango InHand thanks to rock-solid security and download safeguard technology.
- Brandability. Operators and OEMs can fully brand the entire client – including all naming, graphics, download options and the content catalog itself – to deliver a consistent brand presence to their customers.
- XML Data. InHand is built on an XML data architecture, which ensures very efficient data transmission as well as the ability for operators to manage the data feeds in-house.
- Offline Access. Subscribers who are out of service range or who do not have a data plan can preview downloads within Handango InHand, providing a compelling incentive for establishing data service.
- On-Demand Content. Customers can update Handango InHand at their convenience, refreshing the catalog with the newest titles.
- One-Click Interface. The user interface for Handango InHand is designed to enable customers to find whatever content they are seeking in one click, ensuring fast access and high uptake.
- Online Vault. Downloads are stored in an online account, which customers can access at any time to restore lost downloads to their phones.
Pricing & Availability
Handango InHand for BlackBerry is available at no charge at www.handango.com/inhand/blackberry. Developers interested in placing their applications in the InHand catalog can contact their Handango representative or firstname.lastname@example.org for requirements. Operators and device manufacturers interested in licensing Handango InHand can contact email@example.com.
Handango worked in conjunction with Ascendo, Inc., a leading mobile software developer, to develop the BlackBerry version of Handango InHand. Ascendo provided client-side development, integrating the device-resident client with Handango AMPP, Handango’s application management and provisioning platform.
“Handango InHand for BlackBerry provides customers with an easy method to find and purchase mobile content directly from a phone or handheld. I was excited Handango chose Ascendo for this opportunity,” said Marc Bolh, president of Ascendo, Inc. (www.ascendo-inc.com). “Handango InHand not only offers remarkable features and rock-solid security but a premier catalog and simple user experience that keeps customers coming back to download more.”
Handango is the leading provider of Mobile Downloads bringing over 50,000 applications and 25,000 digital media titles to market through an extensive global distribution network that reaches millions of mobile customers. Handango’s application management and provisioning platform, Handango AMPP, has been chosen as the mobile software delivery platform for Nokia, Motorola, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Cingular Wireless, T-Mobile, Orange SA, Sony Ericsson, palmOne, Microsoft, HP, Sega Mobile, AOL and more than 100 others. For more information, visit corp.handango.com.