HURST, Texas — Handango, the leading provider of mobile downloads, today announced the availability of Handango InHand for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs devices. Handango InHand is an intelligent, device-resident download client for smartphones and wireless handhelds and is available at www.handango.com/inhand.
Handango InHand enables operators to streamline content delivery across all smart phones; present a compelling, branded interface; improve customer awareness of downloads; increase content revenues and data traffic; and deliver a superior download experience.
Handango InHand for Pocket PC joins the Handango InHand family of download clients for smart phones and wireless handhelds utilizing Symbian UIQ, Palm OS? or Windows Mobile software. Operators and device manufacturers using Handango InHand include Sprint, Sierra Wireless and Sony Ericsson.
“Handango InHand for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs gives customers and operators alike tremendous benefits,” said Randy Eisenman, president and chief executive officer of Handango. “For customers, finding and getting applications is easier than ever, and for operators, the process of educating customers about additional downloads is seamless.”
Handango InHand for Pocket PC enables mobile operators to leverage the rich application features of Windows Mobile-based devices, such as it’s hi resolution screens, fast processors, wireless capabilities and much more.
“Microsoft is excited Handango has made its InHand application available for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC,” said Daniel Bouie, manager of the Mobile2Market Program at Microsoft Corp. “Using InHand, mobile operators can access the ever-expanding list of unique applications designed for the Windows Mobile platform and Windows Mobile Logo Certification program, as well as streamline content delivery and improve customer awareness of mobile downloads.”
Handango InHand for Pocket PC supports a wide variety of mobile applications and content including games, productivity applications, ringtones and more. Customers can easily find, try, buy and download mobile content quickly and securely with Handango InHand thanks to rock-solid security and download safeguard technology.
- Brandability. Operators and device manufacturers can fully brand the entire client – including all naming, graphics, download options and the content catalog itself – to deliver a consistent brand presence to their customers.
- XML Data. InHand is built on an XML data architecture, which ensures very efficient data transmission as well as the ability for operators to manage the data feeds in-house.
- Offline Access. Subscribers who are out of service range or who do not have a data plan can preview downloads within Handango InHand, providing a compelling incentive for establishing data service.
- On-Demand Content. Customers can update Handango InHand at their convenience, refreshing the catalog with the newest titles.
- Seamless DRM (Digital Rights Management). Handango InHand automatically generates device-specific unlock codes without any hassle for the customer while delivering rock-solid security to developers and song artists.
- One-Click Interface. The user interface for Handango InHand is designed to enable customers to find whatever content they’re seeking in one-click, ensuring fast access and high uptake.
- Online Vault. Downloads are stored in an online account. Customers can access the account at any time to restore lost downloads to their phones.
Pricing & Availability
Handango InHand for Windows Mobile-based Pocket PCs is available at no charge at www.handango.com/inhand. Developers interested in placing their applications in the InHand catalog can contact their Handango representative or firstname.lastname@example.org for requirements.
For more information, visit www.handango.com/inhand.
Handango worked in conjunction with PocketX Software, a leading mobile software developer, to develop the Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC version of Handango InHand. PocketX Software provided client-side development, integrating the device-resident client with Handango AMPP, Handango’s application management and provisioning platform.
“The development of Handango InHand for Windows Mobile software was an amazing opportunity to provide customers with a simple, first-class method to find and purchase mobile content from their phone or handheld,” said Bojan Rip, president and chief executive officer of PocketX Software. “Handango InHand offers a rich catalog, rock-solid security and features that will keep customers coming back to download more. PocketX Software was excited to work with Handango on this unique and exciting opportunity.”
PocketX Software is a leading developer of business and consumer solutions for mobile devices and the developer of award winning Photo Contact™ for Windows Mobile Smartphone and Pocket PC platforms. For more information about Photo Contacts and other PocketX products and solutions go to www.pocketx.net.
Handango is the leading provider of Mobile Downloads bringing over 50,000 applications and 25,000 digital media titles to market through an extensive global distribution network that reaches millions of mobile customers. Handango’s application management and provisioning platform, Handango AMPP, has been chosen as the mobile software delivery platform for Nokia, Motorola, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Cingular Wireless, T-Mobile, Orange SA, Sony Ericsson, palmOne, Microsoft, HP, Sega Mobile, AOL and more than 100 others. For more information, visit corp.handango.com.