MUNICH, Germany, PalmSource Euro DevCon — Today at PalmSource Euro DevCon, Handango, the leading provider of mobile downloads, announced the availability of Handango InHand for Palm OS. Handango InHand is an intelligent, device-resident download client for smartphones and wireless handhelds.
Handango InHand for Palm OS enables mobile operators to leverage the rich application features of Palm Powered smartphones, such as the Treo 600 from palmOne, and mobile devices to drive data revenues, grow sales of applications and digital media and increase customer loyalty.
“The launch of Handango InHand for Palm OS is an important milestone in the evolution of the InHand product line,” said Randy Eisenman, president and chief executive officer of Handango. “Now, wireless operators and phone manufacturers can implement InHand for their full line of smartphones and wireless handhelds for most major mobile operating systems, providing a consistent customer experience and uniform strategy across multiple smart devices.”
Handango InHand for Palm OS features a wide variety of mobile applications and content including games, productivity applications, ringtones and more. Utilizing Handango InHand’s rock-solid security and download safeguard technology, mobile customers can easily find, try, buy and download mobile content quickly and securely.
“Handango InHand provides customers with a customer-friendly way to find and download best-selling applications directly from their smartphone or wireless mobile device,” said Larry Berkin, director of developer marketing, PalmSource. “Handango InHand is yet another way Handango helps independent software developers reach new customers and mobile operators to get the most exposure for their Palm OS applications.”
Handango worked in conjunction with CFG Solutions, a leading mobile software developer, to develop the Palm OS version of Handango InHand. CFG Solutions provided client-side development, integrating the device-resident client with Handango AMPP, Handango’s application management and provisioning platform.
“The development of the Palm OS version of Handango InHand was an amazing opportunity to provide customers with a simple, first-class method to find and purchase mobile content from their phone,” said Frank Ableson, president of CFG Solutions. “Handango InHand offers a rich catalog, rock-solid security and features that will keep customers coming back to download more. CFG Solutions was excited at the opportunity to work with Handango on this unique and exciting opportunity.”
Unique Features of Handango InHand:
- BRANDABILITY. Operators and OEMs can fully brand the entire client – including all naming, graphics, download options and the content catalog itself – to deliver a consistent brand presence to their customers.
- XML DATA. InHand is built on an XML data architecture, which ensures very efficient data transmission as well as the ability for licensees to manage the data feeds in-house.
- OFFLINE ACCESS. Subscribers who are out of service range or who do not have a data plan can preview downloads within Handango InHand, providing a compelling incentive for establishing data service.
- ON-DEMAND CONTENT. Customers can update Handango InHand at their convenience, refreshing the catalog with the newest titles.
- SEAMLESS DRM (Digital Rights Management). Handango InHand automatically generates device-specific unlock codes without any hassle for the customer while delivering rock-solid security to developers and song artists.
- ONE-CLICK INTERFACE. The user interface for Handango InHand is designed to enable customers to find whatever content they’re seeking in one-click, ensuring fast access and high uptake.
- ONLINE VAULT. Downloads are stored in an online account. Customers can access the account at any time to restore lost downloads to their phones.
Pricing & Availability
The Palm OS version of Handango InHand is available at no charge at www.handango.com/inhand. Applications included in Handango InHand’s best-selling catalog range in price from $5-$25 USD. Developers interested in placing their applications in the InHand catalog can contact their Handango representative or firstname.lastname@example.org for requirements.