HP has released a ROM update for the iPAQ h5555. This fixes various bugs in the device’s Bluetooth driver and the software that controls the fingerprint scanner. It also has an updated version of the Wireless LAN Driver, which improves connectivity and roaming ability.
- Fingerprint Software Version 3.7:
- Fixes issue where it allowed to select alphanumeric characters using the softkey with the ?simple 4 digit PIN? option for Password.
- Fixes the 12 and 24 hours option where it could not be selected in the ?Prompt if device unused for? field under Password.
- Bluetooth Driver Version 220.127.116.11:
- Fixes a problem where system would lock up when disconnecting a PAN connection via the Incoming Connection icon.
- Fixes a problem where the device needed a Normal Reset after being turned off while transferring data via SPP, for example, while connected to a Bluetooth GPS device.
- Fixes the proxy settings getting erased in the Bluetooth Settings.
- Fixes a problem when using ‘Dial via Bluetooth’ which would not accept spaces in the phone number.
- Fixes an issue where the iPAQ unit did not wake up to perform a scheduled iPAQ Backup.
This is a permanent update to the h5555’s flash ROM. It can be found on HP’s web site.