HP has posted on its web site a ROM update for all the models in its iPAQ hx2000 series. This fixes a large number of bugs, plus updates some of the built-in applications.
According to the description of this ROM update, it:
- Provides an improved Microsoft Pocket Internet Explorer.
- Provides an improved Microsoft Windows Media Player.
- Enables more than one Settings application to be active at the same time.
- Adds a new data connectivity icon to the Title bar.
- Improves ServerSync application stability.
- Enables dialing of a number that starts with a pound sign (#).
- Enhances localization.
It is for iPAQ hx2100 models, iPAQ hx2400 models, and iPAQ hx2700 models.
This ROM update can be found on the HP Support web site . It is available free of charge.
What’s a ROM Update?
The ROM is where the operating system and built-in applications are stored. Changes made to the files in ROM are permanent and will survive the device undergoing a hard reset.
Updating the ROM will erase everything on the handheld, usually including the contents of the iPAQ File Store.
Thanks to snaggle for the tip.