SUNNYVALE, Calif., — iambic, Inc., a leading provider of productivity enhancement software for handheld computers (PDAs and smartphones) today announced the release of two versions of Agendus for Windows, the desktop version of iambic’s award-winning personal information management (PIM) program.
Agendus for Windows, Palm Desktop Edition enables users to work seamlessly between their desktop and handheld device. It is designed to unleash the power of all four of the applications built into the Palm operating system (address, datebook, To Dos, and communications). Additionally, it now features an all-new “Today” screen that includes “Quote-of-the-Day” and custom weather reports.
Agendus for Windows, Outlook Edition delivers to users of Microsoft Outlook the critically acclaimed features of Agendus, such as customized categories, colors, and contact histories, which have been enabling handheld users to unlock the full potential or their devices. As a result, Outlook is much more functional and easy to customize to meet user’s specific needs.
“Usability is something we stress with all of our products here at iambic. Our thinking is that it is much more important to deliver solutions that users can easily adapt to the way they think and work, than what typically happens?where users are forced to adapt the way they work, in order to use a program,” said Vidal Graupera, CEO and founder of iambic, Inc. “We are especially proud of this significant update of our desktop PIM products and believe that these will significantly impact and improve the way Microsoft Outlook and Palm Desktop users work.
Both Agendus for Windows, Outlook Edition and Palm Desktop Edition are 100%-compatible with Outlook and Palm Desktop data, and can be easily installed, enabling users have immediate access to information without enduring a complex setup process.
- Today view includes summary of upcoming events, tasks, recent emails, weather forecast and quote of the day (Palm Desktop Edition only)
- Ten different calendar views, plus customization options such as day coloring, color themes and categories
- Flexible ways to view contacts and quickly find information on people and companies
- Ability to link schedule items to specific contacts
- Meetings can be dragged and dropped on another date in the day view
- “Free time” finder that automatically searches for available blocks of time to help facilitate meeting scheduling (Palm Desktop Edition only)
- Meeting, call and To Do templates (Palm Desktop Edition only)
- Photo support on contacts, meetings, calls and To Dos; Photos are visible in the today view, To Do view, week list view, contact view business card and photo modes (Palm Desktop Edition only)
- Handy toolbar allows for quick creation of new meetings, To Dos, and notes (Outlook Edition only)
- Synchronization conduit, which seamlessly synchronizes Agendus for Windows data (such as weather, day coloring) with Agendus for Palm
- Memory requirements: 20 MB of available hard drive space
- Operating System: Operating System: Windows 2000 or later (including Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows Server 2003)
- Palm Desktop Edition: Palm Desktop 3.1 or later (including Clie Desktop 3.1 and above)
- Outlook Edition: Microsoft Outlook XP, 2003 or later
Pricing and Availability
Agendus for Windows can be downloaded and purchased from www.iambic.com for $29.95. Upgrading to Agendus for Windows version 3 is free for customers that purchased version 2.07 (either standard or professional) on or after January 15, 2005. Customers that purchased Agendus for Windows (either standard or professional) before January 15, 2005, can upgrade to version 3 for $9.95.
About iambic, Inc.
Since 1994, iambic, Inc. has been developing powerful Palm OS and Symbian OS software for both business and personal use. Today, iambic is recognized worldwide for creating sophisticated yet user-friendly solutions that help both business organizations and individuals everywhere save time, manage their activities more effectively and get the most out of their handheld computers. iambic’s diverse family of software addresses time and expense tracking; contact and schedule management; word processing; spreadsheet analysis; sales forecasting; money management; and more. For more information, visit www.iambic.com.