Microsoft TECHED 2005, ORLANDO, FL. — iAnywhere Solutions, Inc., a subsidiary of Sybase, Inc., today announced it will support the new Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0 software platform. As an early supporter of Windows Mobile 5.0, iAnywhere remains dedicated to providing market-leading mobile technology that delivers bottom-line business benefits to thousands of leading companies worldwide.
iAnywhere’s Windows Mobile 5.0 support expands its solution availability to a broad set of mobile devices, which include some of the newest, most powerful PDA’s and smartphones. These devices enable companies to effectively manage and move critical data and content from the data center out to the front lines of business and back, regardless of where workers are or how much data they must access. This provides field workers with access to information whenever and wherever they need it, creating a truly collaborative work environment for increased worker productivity and improved customer service. “iAnywhere is committed to providing solutions that enable users to easily access important information and data literally from anywhere, at anytime, over any network,” said Ojas Rege, senior director of Mobile Solutions at iAnywhere. “Microsoft’s new Windows Mobile 5.0 delivers advanced memory management, 3G and Wi-Fi network support, and rich media support our applications can take advantage of to extend the enterprise to mobile workers even more powerfully and reliably, with lighter, faster and easier-to-use devices than ever before. We’re excited to support this advanced mobile environment.”
“We are excited that iAnywhere is extending its solutions to the Windows Mobile 5.0 software platform,” said Chris Hill, group product manager for the Mobile and Embedded Devices Division at Microsoft Corp. “Windows Mobile 5.0 was designed to enable increased platform flexibility and enhanced support so companies like iAnywhere can easily create compelling applications on a familiar and consistent development platform.”
iAnywhere products that will support Mobile Windows 5.0 include:
- Afaria, the industry’s leading mobile device management and security software platform.
- Answers Anywhere, mobile middleware for natural language and context-aware applications.
- AvantGo, the world’s leading mobile Internet service.
- M-Business Anywhere, a Mobile Web application platform for extending enterprise applications to mobile devices using Web skill-sets and tools.
- Mobile Sales and Mobile Pharma, customizable, packaged mobile software applications that enable users of major CRM and SFA systems to get easy mobile access to their systems.
- Pylon, a set of desktop- and server-based applications that enable companies to “mobilize” Microsoft Exchange and Lotus Notes email, PIM, and Domino applications.
- SQL Anywhere Studio, the market-leading enterprise data management and data synchronization solution for mobile environments.
iAnywhere enables success at the frontlines of business, and holds worldwide market leadership positions in mobile and embedded databases, mobile management and security, and mobile middleware. iAnywhere’s unique “Always Available” computing model provides online and offline access to the information and applications users need, when and where they need it most. Millions of subscribers, 15,000 customers and 1,000 partners rely on the company’s award-winning technologies, including SQL Anywhere, Afaria, and the AvantGo mobile Internet service. iAnywhere is a subsidiary of Sybase, Inc. Visit www.ianywhere.com for more information.