SAN JOSE, Calif., Oct. 25 — Intellisync Corporation, a leading developer and marketer of wireless software solutions for the worldwide mobile communications industry, today announced availability of Intellisync Mobile Suite 6. Enhancements include support for more mobile devices, expanded compatibility with corporate applications and groupware, broader mobile systems management functions, additional mobile security deployment and enforcement options, and extensive language and connectivity support. “The modern enterprise is challenged to support and manage the diversity that exists in the mobile world,” explained Stephen Drake, Mobile Infrastructure Software program manager for IDC, a leading provider of global IT research and advice. “Successful providers of mobility platforms like Intellisync Mobile Suite 6 will offer a more complete and secure solution for every mobile enterprise need: wireless email and other application access, file and data synchronization, and extensive device management.”
Mobile Suite 6 raises the standard for mobility software by providing comprehensive infrastructure now required in most corporate mobile initiatives. Intellisync already offers some of the industry’s broadest device and application support. Unlike other providers that specialize on supporting specific applications or devices, Intellisync offers some of the most advanced mobility functionality across a wide array of devices, applications and data sources. By adding Intellisync Mobile Suite 6 to existing corporate infrastructure, companies now have more options for delivering more information from more sources to more mobile devices from a single vendor.
“When we evaluated the leading mobility software platforms, we realized that we needed a complete solution that could not only provide email and easily extend our CRM data, but also offers enterprise-grade architecture and administrative capability,” said William Thompson, director of information technology for Sherwin-Williams’ Paint Stores Group. “We’ve selected Intellisync Mobile Suite 6 to help us let our mobile workforce succeed.”
New Enhancements Expand Flexibility and Global Market for Award-Winning Mobile Suite Solution
The new capabilities of Intellisync Mobile Suite 6 are designed to increase the flexibility of the platform and to expand global deployment options for multi-national companies.
- Device support: The Mobile Suite platform now supports hundreds of mobile devices with the following enhancements:
- Push email support for all devices that ship with an IMAP email client embedded on board, including many Sony Ericsson and Nokia models.
- Support for SyncML 1.2-compliant devices, important for the European and Asian markets.
- “Background sync” on Palm OS devices such as palmOne’s Treo 600. With Mobile Suite 6, these historically single-tasking devices can now multi-task and receive emails while the user is doing other things on the device, such as checking calendar appointments or using the phone.
- Back-end groupware server support: Intellisync currently supports nearly every back-end groupware server for companies and individuals, including Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino, IMAP and POP. Intellisync Mobile Suite 6 adds:
- Synchronized, push email from IMAP servers such as SendMail.
- Push email and PIM synchronization for Lotus Domino running on AIX and AS/400 systems, a configuration often found in large enterprises. Intellisync is one of the few mobile providers to offer this capability.
- XML Connectors: Leading CRM applications such as PeopleSoft house important contact and calendar details that mobile workers may need while on the road. Intellisync offers the flexibility to easily extract this contact and calendar data and access it using the native applications on any supported mobile device. This capability eliminates the cost, complexity and delay typically associated with making this type of critical information available to mobile workers.
- Global coverage: The following feature enhancements dramatically increase the global relevance of the Mobile Suite 6 platform, a particularly important requirement of large enterprises with worldwide operations:
- Mobile Suite 6 is now offered in French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- In addition, Intellisync Mobile Suite now offers one of the industry’s only fully Unicode-enabled mobility products, which allows Mobile Suite to support languages in Asia and other parts of the world.
- Expanded security: Intellisync’s extensive, end-to-end security features and controls are now enhanced with stronger power-on password protection, better device security, improved theft/loss protection, and more options for push-based policy enforcement.
- Mobile systems management enhancements include:
- Over-the-air (OTA) deployment and maintenance, which enables an employee who purchases a new device to simply use a Web browser on the device to automatically provision the required mobile enterprise applications. There is now no need to take the device to the IT department or to connect the device to the user’s computer with a cable. This ease of use extends to software updates and remote restoration of lost or erased data and applications, significantly reducing the time and resources required to deploy and manage mobile devices.
- Site-level administrative delegation, which enables a central IT department to delegate a subset of administrative tasks and authority to dispersed division-level or site-level staff, all from a centralized implementation of Mobile Suite 6. Resources close to the field can efficiently manage their local users, while central IT can retain overall control.
“We are focused on providing the best mobile infrastructure for the enterprise,” said Bill Jones, Intellisync’s vice president of product management. “With Version 6, we have enhanced every aspect of our flagship product and have delivered what today’s market demands: a secure and fully integrated solution for enterprise mobility. Features such as over-the-air upgrades of software are now automatic and seamless, and Version 6 will provide for the strongest set of security policies available today.”
For more information on Intellisync Mobile Suite 6, please visit www.intellisync.com.
ABOUT INTELLISYNC CORPORATION
Intellisync Corporation is a leading provider of mobile data and messaging solutions to large enterprises, mobile carriers, software providers and device manufacturers. Intellisync’s products and services have won the mobility industry’s top awards by providing seamless synchronization, secure wireless email and mobility management solutions that connect nearly every device, data source and application available. The world’s largest corporations have selected Intellisync as their mobility solution standard, including America Online, Credit Agricole, Domino’s Pizza, IBM, Microsoft, NTT DoCoMo, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Pfizer, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and Yahoo! For more information, please visit www.intellisync.com.