Germany will see a small new Smartphone running on the Palm OS in April for 499 EUR. The hagenuk SmartPhone S 200 will run on Garnet featuring Bluetooth, a 1.3 megapixel camera and a 2.2 inch display in a small body.
Here’s a full rundown of the known specs:
- Palm OS Garnet;
- Bluetooth technology for communicating with headsets, car kits, computers and printers equipped with Bluetooth technology;
- MP3 and MPEG4 for audio and video-capturing and playback;
- 1.3 megapixel integrated camera for vibrant photos;
- 32 MB RAM / 64 SDRAM flash memory;
- 2.2-inch D-TFD 64K colors LCD screen;
- SMS, MMS, WAP, email, Java support;
- SD/MMC Card expansion; and
- One-handed navigation five-way jog dial.
This unit will have its work cut out for it going up against the several Windows-based options that are popular in Europe. There’s no plan for a release in the US.