MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Mobile Digital Media (MDM), a world leader in providing high quality consumer software on SD/MMC cards, today announced a publishing agreement with Electronic Arts that will bring Madden NFL 2005 to Palm OS and Microsoft Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC devices. This new product launch marks the first time that Madden NFL 2005 has been available for these popular handheld devices.
Madden NFL 2005 works with a variety of Palm OS and Microsoft Windows Mobile-based devices. Developed by MDM, the game has been completely updated for the 2005 season and will be available on plug-and-play SD/MMC cards at leading retailers and via online software download.
“Since Madden NFL debuted 15 years ago, the game has been considered the premier sports franchise in console gaming. With best-in-class graphics, terrific original audio and fluid game play, Madden NFL 2005 represents the new standard for handheld gaming,” said Barry Cottle, CEO of MDM. “Madden NFL will now become the dominant franchise on Palm OS and Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC devices.”
This version of Madden NFL 2005 features:
- The Real NFL — all of the NFL teams, new team logos, and player rosters completely updated for the 2004-2005 season.
- Best of Class Graphics and Animations amongst Windows Mobile-based Pocket PC games and groundbreaking for Palm OS entertainment applications.
- Incredible Flexibility of Game Play Options — change stadium location, weather, allow player injuries, allow players to fatigue, change passing and catching options, control the frequency at which penalties are called and more!
- Playoffs, Regular Season, and Exhibition game modes — all tracked with updated game stats.
- Multi-player head-to-head mode via Bluetooth or 802.11b (over the same access point) with compatible devices (feature update available later this year).
- Create a Team — the ability to create the team of your dreams though trades, or choose from an extensive pool of free agents.
- Create a Player — customize your own unique NFL player (feature update available later this year).
- Actual Voice Recordings — hear the real John Madden and Al Michaels commentary unique to this version of the game
- The Latest Music — Includes the new lead song for Madden 2005
- A Jam-Packed Playbook — call all the shots with over 200 authentic offensive and defensive plays
Madden NFL 2005 is available in October from major retailers and online resellers at a suggested retail price of $39.99.
For more information including handheld device compatibility go to www.goMDM.com.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is the world’s leading interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, EA posted revenues of $2.96 billion for fiscal 2004. The company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for video game systems, personal computers and the Internet. In 2003, EA had 27 titles that sold more than one million copies. Electronic Arts markets its products under three brand names: EA SPORTS(TM), EA GAMES(TM) and EA SPORTS BIG(TM). EA’s homepage and online game site is www.ea.com. More information about EA’s products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at http://info.ea.com.
Mobile Digital Media (MDM) is a world leader in providing high quality consumer software for all mobile device platforms including Palm OS, Windows Mobile / Pocket PC / Smartphone, and Nokia Series 60/SymbianOS. MDM’s high quality, branded entertainment, productivity and utility products are available at major retail outlets including Circuit City, CompUSA, Franklin Covey, Fry’s Electronics, MusicLand, Office Max, Radio Shack, and Staples, and leading online retailers including, Amazon, Dell, Handango, and palmOne. MDM is a member of Microsoft Mobility Partner Advisory Council (MPAC). Privately held, MDM (www.goMDM.com) is based in Mountain View, California.